Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: "Don't you blaspheme in here!"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:07 
Awesome
Yes

Unless of course we go for one of them just to avoid this situation. That way we can continue discussions without having to keep drawing a blank while we wait for input.

Who are the quiet ones?
(
[mimi] => 15
[zaphod79] => 9
[mr russell] => 9
[cras] => 7
[gazchap] => 5
[grim...] => 5
[goddess jasmine] => 0
[bobbyaro] => 0
)

Characters:
Array
(
[mimi] => 8703
[mr russell] => 3930
[zaphod79] => 2728
[grim...] => 1861
[cras] => 1335
[gazchap] => 1193
[goddess jasmine] => 0
[bobbyaro] => 0
)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:11 

Cras wrote:
I kinda still wanna lynch Russ.

Just because, right?

OK, so we potentially have two or three roles, do we think?

Mystery Woman (SK)
Chic Lady (roleblocker - for whom we have to trust Craster is telling the truth)
and possibly (but perhaps unlikely) another Good Ol' Boy.

I guess we could still find out one piece of information if someone was above to say that they were visited by Chic lady last night, and that is whether or not Craster is likely to be telling the truth (which would perhaps raise him further above suspicion).

If someone was blocked last night they'd either have to have been good or a power role that we have yet not known about, that didn't use their power on the first night, or Craster is fibbing.

A baddie might have a reason to not own up to saying they were visited (hiding on the merit that the Chic Lady has no allegiance to spill the beans on them) whereas I can't see how hiding that they'd been visited would benefit a good band member in any way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:15 

Mr Russell wrote:
Unless of course we go for one of them just to avoid this situation. That way we can continue discussions without having to keep drawing a blank while we wait for input.

Who are the quiet ones?
(
[mimi] => 15
[zaphod79] => 9
[mr russell] => 9
[cras] => 7
[gazchap] => 5
[grim...] => 5
[goddess jasmine] => 0
[bobbyaro] => 0
)

Characters:
Array
(
[mimi] => 8703
[mr russell] => 3930
[zaphod79] => 2728
[grim...] => 1861
[cras] => 1335
[gazchap] => 1193
[goddess jasmine] => 0
[bobbyaro] => 0
)

We've still got 24 hours so I'd personally rather not rush it at this point, but yes, both haven't helped by almost stalling the vote a couple of times, so maybe not wait until closing time tomorrow for their input. But if we can find something a bit more interesting and solid than hiding in silence that would be good. At the moment it has been a hindrance, though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:18 
Awesome
Yes

The Chic Lady doesn't necessarily need to help get the band back together (so not help us in the traditional sense), but for her win condition (bang Elwood), it would make sense for her to help us reduce the pool of candidates by saying who she roleblocked last night.

As you say, a goodie would come forwards, but a baddie wouldn't, and so we can either eliminate a baddy who claimed to have not been roleblocked, or we eliminate the baddy that they roleblocked.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:05 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

I was n't role blocked. Chic Lady's win condition hasn't been revealed (has it), so you are making assumptions about her.

What happens if she finds Elwood? We don't know, but any of a number of things could occur, few of which are of significant use at this point.

I am still suss about Russ's last minute role claim, but he did help find Joans, he could still be the SK.

We assume we have Chic Lady cos of Craster, and frankly why would he lie about it? That doesn't mean that he isn't a bad guy, but unless there is a Nazi (and they are playing a strange game), then it is probably means he is good as there have been two kills per night. If there isn't a role blocker and Cras has done this to make himself look good, then hats off for a ballsy move, frankly!

Mimi is talking a lot and obfuscating with many different directions and little time between them - it may be a deliberate ploy to confuse people.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Russell wrote:
but for her win condition (bang Elwood), it would make sense for her to help us reduce the pool of candidates by saying who she roleblocked last night.

Buh? She's already had her pool of candidates reduced, why would it make sense for her to share that information? If anything else all she'd be doing is giving the Mystery Woman a better chance of being able to target Elwood.

[vote:Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:11 
Awesome
Yes

At this point in time, the only person I trust is Cras. Which sounds strange as he's voting for me, but he's probably the only one acting in a way I'd consider town-ish.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:14 
Awesome
Yes

Of course the Chic lady can now confirm whether she blocked Goddess Jasmine, as she is the only one who has not yet claimed to have not been visited, so either:

- the roleblocker targetted Jasmine, and can confirm she is a goody due to other kills taking place.
- the roleblocker targetted someone who has said they didn't get a visit (confirming them as a baddy, because why else would they lie)
- the roleblocker doesn't exist and why would Cras lie about it so early.

The last point is why I believe Cras to be a truthful townie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:26 
Awesome
Yes

As someone said earlier though, the problem with point two is that the chic lady doesn't NEED to tell us who they banged last night because they don't care if the band gets back together.

So now I'm wondering again. Assuming everyone says "I was not visited by the Chic lady last night". That means either someone is lying, or Craster made her up.

If someone is lying, who would that be? Two kills happened last night, so the roleblocker didn't get the good old boy Saturnalian, or the Mystery Woman.

Maybe they targetted Jake Blues, and that's why everyone is saying (truthfully) they weren't visited.

Finally, does the kill of Saturnalian sound high tech enough to be the mystery woman, or do we have a nazi and the roleblocker has been lucky enough to block each one on each night?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:27 
Awesome
Yes

Christ, I'm boring myself [vote:bobbyaro]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:29 

Mr Russell wrote:
Of course the Chic lady can now confirm whether she blocked Goddess Jasmine, as she is the only one who has not yet claimed to have not been visited, so either:

- the roleblocker targetted Jasmine, and can confirm she is a goody due to other kills taking place.
- the roleblocker targetted someone who has said they didn't get a visit (confirming them as a baddy, because why else would they lie)

Or the RB chose not to RB - unlikely as it sounds, it is about as feasible as there being a NAzi and them not doing anything,

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:31 
Awesome
Yes

Bobbyaro wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Or the RB chose not to RB - unlikely as it sounds, it is about as feasible as there being a NAzi and them not doing anything,

Goes against her win condition of trying to bang elwood though?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:35 

not if she has already banged him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:37 
Awesome
Yes

That. Is an excellent point.

Oh wonderful games master from on high, would we find out during the game if The Chic Lady had met her win condition, or not until the end?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:39 

He isn't going to tell us that; her win condition isn't even revealed in the rules.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:40 
Awesome
Yes

Bobbyaro wrote:
He isn't going to tell us that; her win condition isn't even revealed in the rules.

I think it's implied as 'bang elwood'

Nonetheless [vote:unvote]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:46 

How do you do the vote counter? I have started to lose track of what is going on.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:47 
Awesome
Yes

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/quiet.php

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 13:53 

Mr Russell wrote:
At this point in time, the only person I trust is Cras. Which sounds strange as he's voting for me, but he's probably the only one acting in a way I'd consider town-ish.

In what way do you mean?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:01 
Awesome
Yes

Mimi wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

In what way do you mean?

Being suspicious of me and my banging on, being open about being role-blocked straight away.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:03 

At the moment, the Chic Lady information looks to me like it might be a dead end after all, if there is no allegiance and no way to ascertain if anyone will benefit from the claim or admission of the role and being targeted.

Looking at the votes for each day, then:

Day One
malia: 1 (zaphod79)
curiosity: 7 (MaliA, DavPaz, Mimi, Cras, sdg, Mr Russell, Saturnalian)

Not voted: 5 (bobbyaro, curiosity, gazchap, goddess jasmine, joans)

Day Two
mr russell: 1 (Joans)
cras: 1 (GazChap)
joans: 6 (DavPaz, zaphod79, Mimi, Mr Russell, Cras, Saturnalian)

Not voted: 2 (bobbyaro, goddess jasmine)

I've probably messed that up, but still alive players are supposed to be in black. Red players are supposed to be dead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:05 

Mr Russell wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

In what way do you mean?

Being suspicious of me and my banging on, being open about being role-blocked straight away.

Yes, because he's the only person who's found you Russpicious :p

But Bobby has said the same about me. However, I have not, at least, said outright wrong things that are plainly wrong, wrong man.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

With the numbers we have left I'm thinking we have

Mystery Woman
Chic Lady
5 band members

4 Good Old Boys and the Mystery Woman just seems too many out of just 13 players. But that's a sheer guess. We may have an investigator, if so they clearly at this point don't know anything useful to us.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:10 
Awesome
Yes

I still think the Chic lady should say who she roleblocked each night, that way we can have another confirmed goody.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:10 
Awesome
Yes

Y'know, so we don't accidentally lynch Elwood.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:14 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Mr Russell wrote:
I still think the Chic lady should say who she roleblocked each night, that way we can have another confirmed goody.

And the reason she should do this is ?

As has been posted above she does not care about the band - what advantage is it of hers to post that info ?

Quote:
Chic Lady (0-1) wants to bang Elwood, but she'll bang anyone else too. Each night, she can PM me the name of the player she wants to bang, and what she plans to do with them. That player won't do anything else that night, and will be aware of what happened, but they won't recognise Twiggy the next day. Because reasons. She doesn't care if the band perform or not.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:16 

I think that's the likely count also, Craster.

Is Elwood any more useful a band member than anyone else at this juncture though, Mr Russell?

I've looked through the rules and it says:

A few days ago, 'Joliet' Jake Blues was released from prison. He and his brother are on a mission from God to put the band back together.

If Jake and Elwood can find enough of the other members of their band they will be able to perform at the Palace Hotel Ballroom and save the St Helen of the Blessed Shroud Orphanage, and all will be good. Why is there voting and lynching? Not a clue.

Now, if we need both brothers to perform we have already lost that. I assume we don't or the game would have ended? Unless we are all just playing to try to not let the SK win?

But it doesn't say that either one or both of the Blues Brothers needs to be in the band for the band to perform. As far as I can see, the only benefit that the blues brothers had over the other band members was that they could communicate.

Gamemaster: could you clarify if the band can perform without either Blues Brother, or if we need one (or both) to perform?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:20 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

That's just back story, it doesn't mean anything.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:22 

Yes, that's ok, but could you just clarify the answer to the question: can the band perform without either Blues Brother, or do we need one (or both) to perform (win).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:22 
Awesome
Yes

zaphod79 wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

As has been posted above she does not care about the band - what advantage is it of hers to post that info ?

Quote:
Chic Lady (0-1) wants to bang Elwood, but she'll bang anyone else too. Each night, she can PM me the name of the player she wants to bang, and what she plans to do with them. That player won't do anything else that night, and will be aware of what happened, but they won't recognise Twiggy the next day. Because reasons. She doesn't care if the band perform or not.

Because without her info on a confirmed goody we might lynch Elwood, ending her win condition. Frankly I don't care about her win, but I do care about her info.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:29 

zaphod79 wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:

Quote:

I guess because she doesn't want to accidentally kill Elwood either. Unless she doesn't care whether she sleeps with Elwood, though it looks like that may be her win condition. Though this would reduce the number of people who Elwood could be.

Maybe if she has slept with Elwood, she could tell us this (without telling us who Elwood is) to let us know she is both on the town side and then that Craster is indeed telling the truth. It would just make her an extra 'townie' role in that respect, so I don't think would increase her chance of being picked off by the SK. I assume if she has slept with Elwood then she has already 'won' her win condition, whether she lives or not?

And as I can't think of anything else to do and I can't think of a reason not to do it, I'm going to tell you who I am. I am:

Matt 'Guitar' Murphy (0-1) is a member of the band. He wants the band to perform.

It is why, at the very beginning, I made this post where I said "Well, I have my set-up with me, and my moustache and afro are looking fine" because I looked myself up on teh internet and look like this:

Obviously if someone wants to counterclaim this role then we will have some info. Obviously if I was the SK I would have taken a perhaps pointless risk there at guessing which role might not be assigned.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:30 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mimi wrote:
Yes, that's ok, but could you just clarify the answer to the question: can the band perform without either Blues Brother, or do we need one (or both) to perform (win).

You don't need any - there's no performance. It's just back story, it doesn't mean anything.

I mean, you'll need one person alive at the end or you'll have lost the game, but only in the normal manner.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:32 

Right, one person is fine, it doesn't need to be either of the Blues Brothers, cool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 14:55 

Certain people seem desperate to find Elwood! Just saying. :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 15:52 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
Certain people seem desperate to find Elwood! Just saying. :P

Quote:
An Good Ol' Boy (2+) is a member of the band that had their gig stolen and was then in a crash because of the Blues Brothers, so they're all angry with them. The other Good Ol' Boys are XXXX, XXXX and XXXX. Each night, one of them can PM me with the name of the person they want to kill with a massive shotgun. If Jake and Elwood are killed, The Good Ol' Boys get bonus points.

I think in the early drafts it let them 'win' but its changed to an advantage for them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 16:00 

I think he means the Chic Lady, as it would be doubtful that there are any Good Ol' Boys left. I hope the Chic Lady does find Elwood, I don't care about her personal win condition, but at least then she'd be another person who was on the side of the band.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 16:11 
8-Bit Champion

Mimi wrote:
I think he means the Chic Lady, as it would be doubtful that there are any Good Ol' Boys left. I hope the Chic Lady does find Elwood, I don't care about her personal win condition, but at least then she'd be another person who was on the side of the band.

It doesn't say that it would change - i think your getting Twiggy mixed up with Carrie Fisher

Twiggy

Quote:

So she'd like to get with Elwood , but that does not seem to change anything else on her role

Carrie Fisher

Quote:
Mystery Woman (0-1) has a serious beef with Jake, and wants him dead. Each night, she will kill someone in a high-tech manner. However, if she tries to kill Jake, he will snog her, changing her allegiance. She doesn't want the band to succeed unless she snogs Jake.

*IF* she snogs Jake then her allegiance changes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 16:37 
Awesome
Yes

In that case, let's wait it out until the Chic lady snogs Elwood.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 16:39 
Awesome
Yes

Because she'll either kill townspeople or she'll end up snogging Elwood and will switch to town.

Worst case scenario: a stalemate between the last 2/3 players.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 16:42 

Yeah, I'm getting the two of those confused, then. Sorry, ignore what I said previously in that case. She's pretty much a non-destructive selfish role then, I suppose.

Jake is dead now, so Mystery woman cannot change allegiance now, because Jake is dead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 16:43 
Awesome
Yes

Oh crap. Ignore my posts there. I was getting mixed up between Jake and Elwood.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 16:43 

Mr Russell wrote:
Because she'll either kill townspeople or she'll end up snogging Elwood and will switch to town.

Worst case scenario: a stalemate between the last 2/3 players.

No, if she gets with Elwood, nothing happens.

You're doing the same as me: mixing the chic lady and mystery woman up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 16:44 

:DD

?:|

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 16:45 
Awesome
Yes

Right, so the mystery woman is a real danger and we must find her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 17:58 

I am worried both about running out of time and also that we are at the hospital tomorrow morning so, dependant on what happens, might not be back in time for me to vote tomorrow.

On the basis solely that Gazchap voted Craster, who at least has given us some information (which may of course be balls) [vote:Gazchap] though I am not sure of that at all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 21:35 
Best
Board Mother

"Don't you blaspheme in here!"

VOTE UPDATE

gazchap: 1 (Mimi)
mr russell: 1 (Cras)

Not voted: 5 (bobbyaro, gazchap, goddess jasmine, mr russell, zaphod79)

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch, and 4 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 21:36 
Best
Board Mother

Tempted to vote with Craster if only because I 'trust' him a little more.

Bobby, Zaphod, what are you guys thinking?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 21:46 

Well, cras claimed to have been role blocked on a night where a potential killer did not kill. Even were he playing a long game, that would have been a silly move in most circumstances. I, therefore, tend to think that he is town. However that does not mean he knows anything more than anyone else. A confirmed vanilla townie is still a vanilla townie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 21:52 
Awesome
Yes

Are you kidding? You don't post all day and then you go with a post with the vote count, and ask other quiet people what they're thinking?

You didn't even say whether you'd been roleblocked!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 21:55 
Best
Board Mother

Bobbyaro wrote:
Well, cras claimed to have been role blocked on a night where a potential killer did not kill. Even were he playing a long game, that would have been a silly move in most circumstances. I, therefore, tend to think that he is town. However that does not mean he knows anything more than anyone else. A confirmed vanilla townie is still a vanilla townie.

Well quite. I wasn't convinced about voting for Russ though. Although from his last post, I think he might have lost the plot a bit. :P

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next