Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: "Don't you blaspheme in here!"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 21:59 
Best
Board Mother

Mr Russell wrote:
Are you kidding? You don't post all day and then you go with a post with the vote count, and ask other quiet people what they're thinking?

You didn't even say whether you'd been roleblocked!

No, I don't post all day. I have a day job with restricted internet. Hi, have you not met me?

Is there a problem with posting the vote count? You just posted the links and I find the actual counter easier if I look on my phone, have I missed something?

Yes, I asked other quiet people what they are thinking, I know what the talkative ones are thinking as they have posted it. What is wrong with that?

I don't see what difference it makes what I say, I can't prove anything either way. I did not have anyone visit me in the night to my knowledge, but that doesn't change anyone else's knowledge in anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:03 
Awesome
Yes

Because there have been 4 pages of discussion, some of which you might have wanted to join in, unless you were happy with anyone getting killed by simply stirring the pot a bit. [vote:goddess jasmine]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:05 
Best
Board Mother

Mr Russell wrote:
Because there have been 4 pages of discussion, some of which you might have wanted to join in, unless you were happy with anyone getting killed by simply stirring the pot a bit. [vote:goddess jasmine]

Just. Wow.

So asking the quieter ones what they think is no longer discussion? Or not the discussion that you want me to have?

[vote:Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:07 
Awesome
Yes

Of course.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:08 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Because you alternate between useful and useless - and rounding on GJ for no real reason - we've already had the conversations around why we left the day to continue at points so we could get those who only can read / post at night to at least take part (i'm sure SDG was going to be another who could only really post at night)

Right now its still a bit up in the air but we potentially still have a 'main' baddie
We have an SK who could have turned good but that chance has now gone
We potentially have a roleblocker with a 'dont care' role (claimed to target Cras - I'm inclined to believe at the moment)

We also have a few other random possibilities - one of which is the Nazi side (unlikely) and we also have other roles like :

Quote:
Alan 'Mr. Fabulous' Rubin (0-1) is a member of the band. He doesn't want the band to perform.

So he does not want the band to perform - he has no other abilities but i dont know if we'd need to remove him or simply outnumber him ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:10 
Awesome
Yes

Clearly town. Rounding on jazzy?

More massively annoyed that she has chosen to not address literally one point from the entire day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:15 

To be fair, I think the problem was not that GJ did not post until evening (though, of course, this 'day' has been open since yesterday) but that when partaking has said nothing in relation to the discussion of the day, what has been asked if her, and actually no real thought or opinion to add to the discussion, only asking what everyone else is doing.

It is a legitimate reason to vote for someone, when they don't add information, ideas or conjecture, as sometimes it can be posting to show you are present without actually adding anything (to prevent giving away any information about yourself).

It's part of the same reason I wanted to turn the vote around to Joans (a baddie) in the last round, as well as a few others. It's not the post schedule, it is often the lack of substance, maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:17 
Best
Board Mother

zaphod79 wrote:

Because you alternate between useful and useless - and rounding on GJ for no real reason - we've already had the conversations around why we left the day to continue at points so we could get those who only can read / post at night to at least take part (i'm sure SDG was going to be another who could only really post at night)

Right now its still a bit up in the air but we potentially still have a 'main' baddie
We have an SK who could have turned good but that chance has now gone
We potentially have a roleblocker with a 'dont care' role (claimed to target Cras - I'm inclined to believe at the moment)

We also have a few other random possibilities - one of which is the Nazi side (unlikely) and we also have other roles like :

Quote:
Alan 'Mr. Fabulous' Rubin (0-1) is a member of the band. He doesn't want the band to perform.

So he does not want the band to perform - he has no other abilities but i dont know if we'd need to remove him or simply outnumber him ?

I'm leaning towards there being no main baddie as that's two nights running there has been no action by them. Of course this could be a cunning ploy to pretend that they don't exist, but I'm not sure to what end that might be.

Unless the SK was very lucky, I doubt they would have turned, so I would assume that they are still against us. I believe Cras too about the 'don't care' roleblocker, again it serves no end for him to have told us what he did for no reason.

Hmm, I guess we won't know about any others until they are revealed. Most likely the morning after the night before...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:18 
Awesome
Yes

Thank you. A lot more eloquent than I could put it, but yes, this day has been going since Saturday evening, and there has been no discussion of tactics, analysis of previous days, elation at killing gold old boys or anything from GJ. Hence my vote.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:21 
Best
Board Mother

Mr Russell wrote:
Clearly town. Rounding on jazzy?

More massively annoyed that she has chosen to not address literally one point from the entire day.

I don't think we should all role claim as that can only help the wrong people.

The Roleblocker is only in it for herself (as you realised towards the end of your discussion).

The rest seems to have been people getting characters confused. What else would you like me to comment on?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:22 

zaphod79 wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, that one confused me, too. Now I read it more, though, I guess he's trying to sabotage the band's efforts, and maybe actively try to get himself killed to lessen the possibility of the band performing, like he's on a suicide mission, but one where his death has to come at the hands of someone else?

If the role is in play, of course. It's an Interesting one if it is, though...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:23 
8-Bit Champion

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I'm leaning towards there being no main baddie as that's two nights running there has been no action by them. Of course this could be a cunning ploy to pretend that they don't exist, but I'm not sure to what end that might be.

You mean no Nazi - the main baddies are the good ol boys and they have killed (with a shotgun) each night , Curio / Sat / Joans were all members

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:24 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Mr Russell wrote:
Thank you. A lot more eloquent than I could put it, but yes, this day has been going since Saturday evening, and there has been no discussion of tactics, analysis of previous days, elation at killing gold old boys or anything from GJ. Hence my vote.

No, there hasn't, yet you have posted about a significant amount, obfuscating and misdirecting with apparently deliberate and repeated misunderstandings of the rules.

Best
Board Mother

Mimi wrote:
To be fair, I think the problem was not that GJ did not post until evening (though, of course, this 'day' has been open since yesterday) but that when partaking has said nothing in relation to the discussion of the day, what has been asked if her, and actually no real thought or opinion to add to the discussion, only asking what everyone else is doing.

It is a legitimate reason to vote for someone, when they don't add information, ideas or conjecture, as sometimes it can be posting to show you are present without actually adding anything (to prevent giving away any information about yourself).

It's part of the same reason I wanted to turn the vote around to Joans (a baddie) in the last round, as well as a few others. It's not the post schedule, it is often the lack of substance, maybe.

I don't have anything else to add as everything already seems to have been discussed. My thoughts were more about who to trust. I wanted to hear from Bobby and Zaphod.

If you have any specific questions then please direct them to me, but I can't back up anything I have to say anymore than you can. It's all conjecture.

Why is the Mystery Woman less of a baddie than the Nazi, as they are currently killing each night?

Best
Board Mother

zaphod79 wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

You mean no Nazi - the main baddies are the good ol boys and they have killed (with a shotgun) each night , Curio / Sat / Joans were all members

Sorry, yes. :)

8-Bit Champion

Mimi wrote:
Yeah, that one confused me, too. Now I read it more, though, I guess he's trying to sabotage the band's efforts, and maybe actively try to get himself killed to lessen the possibility of the band performing, like he's on a suicide mission, but one where his death has to come at the hands of someone else?

I read it as a townie but with a mafia win condition - so they are happy if the mafia win but beyond voting they have no other abilities - i think if that character exists they would vote against things that were good for the town (if possible)

If the role exists i think we just need to be aware of it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:27 
8-Bit Champion

Mimi wrote:
Why is the Mystery Woman less of a baddie than the Nazi, as they are currently killing each night?

There are probably no Nazi's

The mystery woman was a baddie that could potentially be on the goodies side with the right set of circumstances

However that chance has gone and so they are the only confirmed killer we know is still out there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:28 
Best
Board Mother

Mimi wrote:

I don't think she is really. They both have kill roles. Unless I'm missing something?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:29 
Best
Board Mother

"Don't you blaspheme in here!"

VOTE UPDATE

goddess jasmine: 1 (Mr Russell)
gazchap: 1 (Mimi)
mr russell: 3 (Cras, Goddess Jasmine, zaphod79)

Not voted: 2 (bobbyaro, gazchap)

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch, and 4 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:30 
Awesome
Yes

I'm still Donald Duck Dunn by the way. Literally first person to claim in the entire game when there was a massive risk of picking a role that someone else would have.

Still massively town.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:32 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I don't have anything else to add as everything already seems to have been discussed. My thoughts were more about who to trust. I wanted to hear from Bobby and Zaphod.

If you have any specific questions then please direct them to me, but I can't back up anything I have to say anymore than you can. It's all conjecture.

Honestly, just any discussion other than 'what do other people think' is at least some insight, because people are interested in what you think as much as you are interested In what Bobby, etc think. You ask the question of them for good reason, I do't think it's unreasonable that folks ask it of you. Many of us have already stated what we may think (however convoluted and usually wrong) that may be, but just reciprocal voting doesn't much help anyone.

As above, I think the 'stay quiet' tactic is sometimes employed (as with Josns) as is hiding in plain sight (posting with no actual content) and added to that the fact that you haven't partaken in any votes or action (until your reciprocal vote this evening) perhaps puts you into the same pool of suspicion that both Gazchap and Joans have been in for quietness/'empty' posting and lack of action, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:35 

zaphod79 wrote:
Mimi wrote:

The mystery woman was a baddie that could potentially be on the goodies side with the right set of circumstances

However that chance has gone and so they are the only confirmed killer we know is still out there.

That's why I was confused. You seemed to clarify the nazi as the 'main' baddie, whereas I diubt we have a nazi, leaving just the mystery woman, who is say was our 'main' baddie at present. I think it was just confusion over yours and GJs wording.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:36 

zaphod79 wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I read it as a townie but with a mafia win condition - so they are happy if the mafia win but beyond voting they have no other abilities - i think if that character exists they would vote against things that were good for the town (if possible)

If the role exists i think we just need to be aware of it.

Yes, that may be it. It's something to bear in mind if anyone seems particularly self destructive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:40 
Best
Board Mother

Mimi wrote:
Honestly, just any discussion other than 'what do other people think' is at least some insight, because people are interested in what you think as much as you are interested In what Bobby, etc think. You ask the question of them for good reason, I do't think it's unreasonable that folks ask it of you. Many of us have already stated what we may think (however convoluted and usually wrong) that may be, but just reciprocal voting doesn't much help anyone.

I agree, and I wasn't voting for Russ because he voted for me, you can see I initially defended him, however the posts he made after mine leads me to believe that he's not acting in the best interests of the town as he was demanding that I share information.

Mimi wrote:
As above, I think the 'stay quiet' tactic is sometimes employed (as with Josns) as is hiding in plain sight (posting with no actual content) and added to that the fact that you haven't partaken in any votes or action (until your reciprocal vote this evening) perhaps puts you into the same pool of suspicion that both Gazchap and Joans have been in for quietness/'empty' posting and lack of action, etc.

I also agree, but some of us aren't quieter by choice. Also, I didn't come on here and vote, I came on here and having read the day's discussion asked two people who's opinions I wanted to hear what they were and start a discussion. I then got jumped on for that which seems like a very scummy tactic frankly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:41 
Best
Board Mother

Mimi wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:
Mimi wrote:

That's why I was confused. You seemed to clarify the nazi as the 'main' baddie, whereas I diubt we have a nazi, leaving just the mystery woman, who is say was our 'main' baddie at present. I think it was just confusion over yours and GJs wording.

That's probably my fault, I'm struggling not to just call everyone mafia.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:41 

Mr Russell wrote:
I'm still Donald Duck Dunn by the way. Literally first person to claim in the entire game when there was a massive risk of picking a role that someone else would have.

Still massively town.

I'm tempted to believe this, simply because it would have been a very ballsy gesture without knowing whether the role was in play. Yes, he could have just got lucky, but at the same time could have very much had it backfire, so a bit too much risk if not, and nobody has counter claimed it. Not proof, but I think a good indicator of someone slightly less likely (for the same reason as Craster... Uncorroborated, but a ballsy claim without some back up.

With that in mind I'm still suss about Gazchap and GJ, because of post and voting patterns and hiding. I chose Joans over Gaz last time, but as there is no more actions on the Gaz train, [vote:Goddess Jasmine] in the hope at least that it is a shadowy figure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:46 
Best
Board Mother

Mimi wrote:
With that in mind I'm still suss about Gazchap and GJ, because of post and voting patterns and hiding.

I can't speak for Gaz, but you're voting for me because of post (I'm not sure what that means) my voting pattern of voting for Russ and hiding? Where and when was I hiding? Behind Craster? What?

I'm going to bed, sorry if that makes me seem scummier because I'm not glued to the forums. I'm leaving my vote where it is because It's the only power we have. But frankly I'm happy to vote for Russ or Mimi just because of all of the twisting and confusing they have been doing today.

I bid you goodnight!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 22:47 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I agree, and I wasn't voting for Russ because he voted for me, you can see I initially defended him, however the posts he made after mine leads me to believe that he's not acting in the best interests of the town as he was demanding that I share information.

Mimi wrote:

I also agree, but some of us aren't quieter by choice. Also, I didn't come on here and vote, I came on here and having read the day's discussion asked two people who's opinions I wanted to hear what they were and start a discussion. I then got jumped on for that which seems like a very scummy tactic frankly.

Yeah, and someone tried to FOS me earlier because I was too chatty. I didn't actually ask to be in this game (cheers Gamesmaster!) but was entered accidentally,many as I'm on maternity leave I though 'why not' i have quite a bit of time on my hands. It's awesome. But if people fund that a reason to be suspicious, well, the flip side is probably true to some people as well :P

But really,mum not interested in how many posts you make,must that when people do post they actually post so,e game play of some kind. I do t think anyone was suggesting that you should post at times you can't,mbut not keep saying nothing substantive in the course, if you don't want to accidentally appear scummy.

Anyway, may not get time to post again due to hospital,Mao fingers crossed we hit the right person,mor at least find something out! Ciao for now :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:39 
Best
Board Mother

So, what I'm hearing is that when I do come here, I'm not allowed to start a conversation with those I want to hear from, but must post a full synopsis of the day I've read so far? Also, sometimes it's not in the towns best interests for us to post what we think, but we will just have to disagree on that.

But considering you moved your vote from Gazchap last thing and your reasons for doing so, I'm just going to leave this here:

Who are the quiet ones?

(
[mimi] => 38
[mr russell] => 33
[zaphod79] => 16
[goddess jasmine] => 14
[cras] => 9
[bobbyaro] => 7
[grim...] => 7
[gazchap] => 5
)

Characters:
Array
(
[mimi] => 27088
[mr russell] => 10972
[goddess jasmine] => 10037
[zaphod79] => 8057
[bobbyaro] => 2726
[grim...] => 2380
[cras] => 2084
[gazchap] => 1193
)

I don't know if Russ and Mimi are scummy with their confusing posts or just posting a stream of consciousness. I'm leaving my vote where it is because I feel that I agree with what Craster and Zaphod have been posting.

Have fun guys, fingers crossed we're all doing the right thing and I'll hopefully see you 'tomorrow'. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:39 
Best
Board Mother

So, what I'm hearing is that when I do come here, I'm not allowed to start a conversation with those I want to hear from, but must post a full synopsis of the day I've read so far? Also, sometimes it's not in the towns best interests for us to post what we think, but we will just have to disagree on that.

But considering you moved your vote from Gazchap last thing and your reasons for doing so, I'm just going to leave this here:

Who are the quiet ones?

(
[mimi] => 38
[mr russell] => 33
[zaphod79] => 16
[goddess jasmine] => 14
[cras] => 9
[bobbyaro] => 7
[grim...] => 7
[gazchap] => 5
)

Characters:
Array
(
[mimi] => 27088
[mr russell] => 10972
[goddess jasmine] => 10037
[zaphod79] => 8057
[bobbyaro] => 2726
[grim...] => 2380
[cras] => 2084
[gazchap] => 1193
)

I don't know if Russ and Mimi are scummy with their confusing posts or just posting a stream of consciousness. I'm leaving my vote where it is because I feel that I agree with what Craster and Zaphod have been posting.

Have fun guys, fingers crossed we're all doing the right thing and I'll hopefully see you 'tomorrow'. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:56 

Honestly, GJ, I think you're taking the game too seriously, it's just a game and shouldn't be stressful. I've given my reasons, whether they tally with yours is part of the game. Your post count is much higher now because of what you posted last evening, but I think that's a good thing.

I don't think it makes sense to suggest Russell and I are scummy, unless you actually think there were FIVE good Ol' boys, I can't see anywhere in the resulting roles that suggests an allegiance. And I think it's great you are taking part more: doesn't mean I don't think you are scummy.

If you are in the band, I think I know who you are, but have balanced that against a red herring I think you may have played. I would have retained my vote for Gazchsp, but as nobody else will vote that way and it's pretty much an equal chance in my mind between you, him and one other, I have cast my vote where one other already was.

I don't think Russell or Craster are bad for reasons already given, and its pointless repeating :D
Obviously different points of view, but I guess that is the point x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:07 
8-Bit Champion

Mimi wrote:
Honestly, GJ, I think you're taking the game too seriously, it's just a game and shouldn't be stressful.

I almost posted this exact same line last night aimed at you Mimi - its a game - have fun and dont take it personally because you dont know what the person voting for you / not believing you is doing.

'post numbers' and 'characters posted' is useful info to weed out those trying to hide but not really useful beyond that - the actual votes (and what was going on around them) is - and to that end we have two people who have not really contributed (Gaz and GJ)

Because of that i'm going to [vote:goddess jasmine] although I would vote for Gaz or for Mr Russell (and the "I claimed a name when no-one else was known" there will be around 3 or 4 of those names unused at the end so it was a risk but does not grant immunity)

VOTE UPDATE

goddess jasmine: 3 (Mimi, Mr Russell, zaphod79)
mr russell: 2 (Cras, Goddess Jasmine)

Not voted: 2 (bobbyaro, gazchap)

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch, and 4 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:07 

Me? Hmm, I do t know why, I don't feel emotionally invested in the game to any extent (I'm not very competitive minded, it's ine of the reasons I don't usually play, because like with any game such as Scrabble, I play moves that I find amusing, not ones that I think will win or score highest.)

That said I am trying to play the best I can because I think it makes a better game for those who do really enjoy the game, and as I'm playing 'by accident' I thought I should at least do my best. I'd not get upset by it though, and I was a bit worried that others were.

My comments on whether Joans, Jazzy, Gazchsp etc were actively helping root out baddies in the game are only based on their help or hindrance in finding the SK (and previously the Goid Old Boys) as I think it is a valid and used tactic (as with Joans) but I don't care on s personal level whether you post once or a thousand times... I just don't think it is surprising if people think you are scummy if you don't oust and/or don't write anything substantive. It is a tactic employed in games before and I think by (baddie) Joans in this game. No different thinking has been assigned to anyone else as far as can be seen.

I think it's great that Jazzy has had more to say now. To be honest I'd rather we were voting for Gazchap, which is where I'd cast my vote if anyone else had given me some backup with it. I'm not really prepared at the mo to vote for either Cradter or Russell just to tip the vote their (probably Russell's) way, as I do really think both are town.

That said, I'm back from the hospital now, it's two hours until close of play, and I think it's more valuable to vote someone out than not, if just for the information at this point, so if it comes up to the deadline and there is no more action I will likely chsnge this to go with current consensus. Was just hoping in the meantime that some more votes for Gazchsp or Jazxy would come in as I think this is perhaps where the SK is hiding.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:38 

The problem we have here is that we still don't have any useful information, so it doesn't matter what anyone posts, it's all conjecture. Which is mainly why I'm not posting that much - if I post something that ends up being wrong, I'll be painted as a scummer even though there's no way I can know whether something's wrong or right without some sort of backup from other people.

If I don't post enough, I look scummy. If I post too much, I look scummy and people accuse you of misdirection (as has happened to Russ in this very game - I don't particularly think he's been trying to misdirect anyone!)

Until we get some actual concrete information, which it seems unlikely we're actually going to get now, there's not much to go on and it's still very much a crapshoot.

All I do know is, that I'm on the side of the band, so a vote for me is a wasted vote.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:45 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Mimi, you seem to have dismissed Russ as suss because he performed a "ballsy" manoeuvre. He only did that to save his life.

[vote: Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:47 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Time's disappearing

VOTE UPDATE

goddess jasmine: 3 (Mimi, Mr Russell, zaphod79)
mr russell: 3 (Cras, Goddess Jasmine, Bobbyaro)

Not voted: 1 (gazchap)

So, to get us a lynch, let's call it here. [vote:Goddess Jasmine]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 23:39 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Drunken 12 hour late Mafia update!

Jazzy was the chic lady! Night actions to me by midday tomorrow (Wednesday).

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3