Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: "Don't you blaspheme in here!"
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 20:37 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

You're up early this morning.

Oh God, DavPaz is laying in a puddle in the middle of the town. Due to the fact he was shot in the face, he's probably not getting up again. His sunglasses are all broken, and no-one will be picking Elwood up from jail in the future. DavPaz was 'Joliet' Jake Blues.

Also dead - and also wearing a sunglasses, a black hat, black suit and white shirt - is Saturnalian. He's in a mangled heap at the bottom of some stairs, still tied into an old-fashioned school table. The suit doesn't quite fit though, and you soon see why - he is wearing a cowboy outfit underneath. Lipstick has been used on his face to scrawl "BLEM". Saturnalian was a Good Ol' Boy.

[playerlist]
bobbyaro
Cras
GazChap
goddess jasmine
Mimi
Mr Russell
zaphod79
[/playerlist]

Day three ends at midday on Tuesday, or sooner.

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch, and 4 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

Post subject: Re: "Don't you blaspheme in here!"
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 20:44 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 20:47 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

3 Good ol' boys gone !

There cant be many left ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:34 

Huzzah! I wonder if the Mystery Woman targeted Saturnalian as a Good Ol' Boy on purpose, or if it was a chance hit on a baddie? I guess either is possible, but they may have been hoping on the Good Ol' Boys to help reduce the band members pool to give them a higher chance of emerging victorious?

Either way, I suppose there is a chance that there is still one more Good Ol' Boy, but I think the greater possibility is that there are no more (or would this usually be confirmed by the gamesmaster if we had? Grim...?)

Jake is also dead. It says that the Good Ol' Boys get bonus points is both he and Elwood die. If there is a chance that there is another Good Ol' Boy then there is also a chance that this will happen, though I think slim.

The Mystery women role says: "Mystery Woman (0-1) has a serious beef with Jake, and wants him dead. Each night, she will kill someone in a high-tech manner. However, if she tries to kill Jake, he will snog her, changing her allegiance. She doesn't want the band to succeed unless she snogs Jake."

As the Good Ol' Boys killed Jake this, I think, must mean she is still bad, I guess, as I think she has killed each night we have played. So the chances are that we are now playing to hunt the mystery woman OR the mystery woman plus one other.

As the Mystery woman is not targeting Elwood specifically, and I suppose is just trying to wipe the rest of us out, is there any benefit, do we think, to now having a mass role claim?

I think it has to be balanced up with the chance of there being one more Good Ol' Boy: if there is then they will specifically be after Elwood, but if not I can't see anywhere that he is now more valuable than the rest of the band members.

So, my thinking (which may be completely wrong, if I have missed something) is this:

A mass role claim might help to flush out the Mystery woman. There are quite a few named roles, but as with Mr Russell's claim the other day it would be quite ballsy to punt at one not knowing if that role was in play. If the SK punted at a role too early and that role was in play then we could lynch the first claimant, knowing that if we did not hot that time it is most likely (or almost certainly) going to be the second claimant to that role.

As there are more than enough roles, if all roles are taken up and there are no duplicates, then we might assume that the Mystery Woman was biding her time, waiting to see if she could find a 'spare' role to claim, in which case we can work from the last claimed role, backwards. We have seven players, I guess it would have to fall in the second half.

This might not work, especially if there are other power roles that haven't been made visible up until now, but if anyone has a power role that may have turned up some information, it may be now that it is worth speaking out, though I guess that is best judged by the person with the role.

And of course, the role claim might not work in that the Mystery Woman might take an early punt at a role claim, hit a role that wasn't in use and not be suspected as waiting it out.

It's just an idea, but maybe one to consider?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:31 
Awesome
Yes

zaphod79 wrote:
3 Good ol' boys gone !

There cant be many left ?

I would say probably none.

Just read through yesterday, and it was Saturnalian who put in the final vote. Just amused me.

Can the band still get together if one of the brothers is dead? I take it we just have to outnumber the mafia and serial killer. So, assuming that three is a large number of good old boys, there's probably just a serial killer left. FOS on bobbyaro and goddess jasmine for never voting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 13:17 

Saturnalian polished off both his mafia buddies with a deciding vote. Interesting.

Re. numbers left - does this, from the rules, have any bearing do we think? (emphasis mine)
Quote:
An Good Ol' Boy (2+) is a member of the band that had their gig stolen and was then in a crash because of the Blues Brothers, so they're all angry with them. The other Good Ol' Boys are XXXX, XXXX and XXXX.

If so, that would suggest there were four in total - one left.

We've still potentially got a head Nazi - although if we have, he's not doing much in the way of killing, so I'm inclined to think he's not present.

So just the Mystery Woman. And we have an investigator and roleblocker too. But is two nights' worth of these actions enough to get any useful info?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 13:55 

I think (but am not sure) that the description of the roles may have been published before the game started or until we had final numbers, but either way I don't know if it would be indicative.

And how do we know we have an investigator and roleblocker?

MaliA has already been killed as Sister Mary, if we have other provenance ion roles in effect I don't think I have seen or noticed where - what roles do you think there are?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 13:55 

That should have read 'proven action roles'.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 13:58 

Fair point. Am assuming we have a roleblocker thanks to Cras' suggesting so yesterday, but the investigative role is an unknown, yep.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 13:59 
8-Bit Champion

I think Mimi's right that the descriptions were posted before the numbers so we cant rely on those.

We've been told there was a roleblocker (if we believe Cras from night 1 we know there is the mystery woman but dont know of any other roles (apart from Elwood)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 14:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Yep, and she didn't block me last night.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 14:45 
8-Bit Champion

So who wants to come forward and say they were blocked

I don't think that gives anything useful away to the baddies ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 15:19 
Awesome
Yes

zaphod79 wrote:
So who wants to come forward and say they were blocked

I don't think that gives anything useful away to the baddies ?

In fact it a role blocker is in effect then they know a couple of good people who weren't able to be out killing.

However, if nobody has been role blocked then it casts suspicion back on Cras for saying he had been blocked.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 15:29 

Sorry, I'd completely forgotten about Craster saying what had happened to him on the first night, I think because I was getting the 'Mystery Woman' and 'Chic Lady' roles mixed up. Chic lady is:

Chic Lady (0-1) wants to bang Elwood, but she'll bang anyone else too. Each night, she can PM me the name of the player she wants to bang, and what she plans to do with them. That player won't do anything else that night, and will be aware of what happened, but they won't recognise Twiggy the next day. Because reasons. She doesn't care if the band perform or not.

Whereas Mystery woman is the killer (SK equivalent, I have been thinking of this as). I'm a bit confused by what it means by 'won't recognise Twiggy' - who (or what) is Twiggy?

Anyway, If you have been visited by The Chic Lady you are told, yes? Well, I've not Been told that I have, so I assume that I haven't been visited. I suppose this is more of a roleblocker role than an investigative one, as it doesn't say that she finds out any information about who she has been with.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 15:34 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mimi wrote:
I'm a bit confused by what it means by 'won't recognise Twiggy' - who (or what) is Twiggy?

Twiggy was a model / actress who played the Chic Lady. You need to watch The Blues Brothers. Not because of this game - you just do.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 15:40 

Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I'm a bit confused by what it means by 'won't recognise Twiggy' - who (or what) is Twiggy?

Twiggy was a model / actress who played the Chic Lady. You need to watch The Blues Brothers. Not because of this game - you just do.

Oh, Twiggy was from Neasden! I know who Twiggy the model is, I didn't know that she was in the film, though.

I will watch it :) I have tried to before, but I was very poorly at that time and fell asleep.

Ok, thank you for clearing that up :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 15:42 
8-Bit Champion

And FYI Mimi the 'mystery woman' is Carrie Fisher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 16:01 

heh, I had no idea either were in it.

I will watch it one day. I know Russell gets upset that I've not seen it. It was my little brothers' favourite film when they were growing up, too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 19:53 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mimi wrote:
It was my little brothers' favourite film when they were growing up, too.

:S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 20:01 

What, is it a bit violent? I've not seen it, but know that they used to have it on video at their mum's and used to watch it when they were 9 or 20, possibly younger.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 20:17 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Nah, it's only cartoon violence. There's a lot of swearing, though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 21:07 

That explains a lot (not really, they are lovely boys... Well, you've met Peter a couple of years ago at the quiz).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:05 

Ok folks: any thoughts on the role claim idea? I can't see much of a downside, but don't want to start the ball rolling until a few more people have a think about it in case I'm missing something obvious in terms of things we don't want to prompt to be revealed. Would there be any band roles we want 'protecting' from being uncovered, basically?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:47 
Awesome
Yes

I think I'd be against a mass role-claim simply because of the fact that a nasty could pick a role that nobody else had, and hide quite well, even taking that risk that they picked the same role that a real person had.

I like the idea, but not sure how much I'd trust the results. HOWEVER, it would get discussion going, and force people to show their hand, rather than hiding quietly and letting us stumble upon the wrong person.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:54 
Awesome
Yes

OK, I'm assuming we've got no reverend investigator, as nothing's been mentioned about people dancing all night.

Chic lady will bang anyone, and spent night one with Craster. They must have spent last night with someone else (who is either Craster again - no more information, or is someone else, and who therefore is potentially a goodie because all the regular number of kills took place).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:17 

Craster has already said she didn't block him last night.

I get your point about the role claim, but would they be hiding in any more comfort than they are, now? I mean: do we have any information as to who they might be at this juncture?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:18 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Russell wrote:
OK, I'm assuming we've got no reverend investigator, as nothing's been mentioned about people dancing all night.

That might not be given out yet , the only people that know they were dancing were the reverent and the target - its unlikely but not impossible

Mr Russell wrote:
Chic lady will bang anyone, and spent night one with Craster. They must have spent last night with someone else (who is either Craster again - no more information, or is someone else, and who therefore is potentially a goodie because all the regular number of kills took place).

Dangerous thinking that 'everything' took place - we dont know and Craster has already said she was not with him 'last night'

Cras wrote:
Yep, and she didn't block me last night.

I think a mass role claim at this stage is either a win or a lose , it probably needs another day (we *should* find out overnight if there is still a good ol boy or not)

I think for now again your a little Russpicious (read the posts!)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:42 
Awesome
Yes

OK, I've just spent some time reading the last two threads. Mr Dave taught me long ago that people tend to mention the group they're in, almost as a distancing mechanism. e.g Saturnalian yesterday when talking to me said about how I'd "forgotten the mafia".

The only other person who's done this is GazChap. He said:
Quote:
That said, the lack of a Nazi kill would suggest a roleblock. Just checked the roles and the Nazi doesn't have to order a kill, but it seems very odd that they wouldn't.

Therefore, I think Craster's claim is an elaborate double-bluff. [vote:Cras]

Then, later:
Quote:
I find it hard to believe that the Natzees wouldn't have killed overnight, though. Few possibilities to my mind:

1) Cras is the Nazi, was roleblocked by the Chic Lady, and is double-bluffing about it to try and stay under the radar
2) Cras isn't the Nazi, was roleblocked by the Chic Lady, Nazi didn't kill.
3) Cras is the Nazi, WASN'T roleblocked by the Chic Lady, but is trying to draw her out into a roleblock so that they can bump her off.

Unless I see anything else compelling, I'm sticking with Cras.

And again today, after we're all pretty convinced that there's no nazi:
Quote:
We've still potentially got a head Nazi - although if we have, he's not doing much in the way of killing, so I'm inclined to think he's not present.

So I reckon he didn't kill on night 1 to make it look like there was no nazi (or missed the chance to use his action). When Cras was roleblocked, Gaz jumped on it to make out like Cras was the nazi, and remove suspicion from himself.

Then actually got roleblocked last night, and hence no nazi kill again. THEREFORE, I think that the roleblocker slept with GazChap last night.

[vote:GazChap]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:48 

I'm not the head Nazi.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:51 
8-Bit Champion

GazChap wrote:
I'm not the head Nazi.

Ha ! - talking about Nazi's again a sure tell !!

:-)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:52 
8-Bit Champion

Gaz - can you confirm you were *not* roleblocked last night ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:56 

Correct, I was not roleblocked last night.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:05 

So far we are waiting on just two people to post in today's thread: Bobby and GJ.

I wasn't visited by a roleblocker, Cras has already said that he wasn't. Gaz, Russell, Zaphod... any of you care to say (I think it's been hinted at that most of you weren't, but if you want to come out and actually state that then we might have some information to go on?)
Then we are left with waiting on what the other two (GJ and Bobby) say. Someone upthread has already FOS both for never voting, so that may or may not be a pertinent point.

*If this gathered information contradicts what the roleblocker knows to be true then it will give them some information that it may be worth claiming the role for, OR
*we might find that everyone says that they were not roleblocked in which case the roleblocker can tell us who they actually role-blocked last night and we could then, I think, assume they were bad, OR
*there is no roleblocker and Craster was using this as an early set-up for a later alibi.

What do folks think?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:07 

Sorry Gaz, I started to type that put before you posted, but had to go back though the posts to try and get into my mind who had or hadn't said what.

So: people who claim not to have been visited by the role-blocker last night: Craster, Mimi, Gaz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:11 
Awesome
Yes

I also was not visited by the roleblocker.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:12 

Zaphod, Bobby, GJ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:34 
8-Bit Champion

I was not visited last night

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:46 

I guess, then, that we are waiting on our two silent, voteless friends.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:49 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I'm not sure what finding out who was blocked really gets us, but I'm quite entertained by everyone (myself included!) basically rushing forwards to say that they weren't blocked and hence could have killed last night :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:54 
8-Bit Champion

Cras wrote:
I'm not sure what finding out who was blocked really gets us, but I'm quite entertained by everyone (myself included!) basically rushing forwards to say that they weren't blocked and hence could have killed last night :)

My original question to Gaz was to disprove Mr Russpicious weird convoluted post that decided that Gaz was blocked and therefore was the head Nazi

And if someone had 'wrongly' claimed to have been blocked then the roleblocker could come forward and say they were not blocked and we'd have another confirmed 'baddie'

And for the two non voters this is not just 'turn up and say if you were blocked' its 'take part' (I know that some people can only post in the evening so they should make sure they do post)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:55 
Awesome
Yes

Well it's kind of proving that either there is no roleblocker, and therefore you're a liar, or forcing someone to claim they were roleblocked when actually they weren't, or finding out that someone says they weren't roleblocked, when actually they were.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Russell wrote:
Well it's kind of proving that either there is no roleblocker, and therefore you're a liar, or forcing someone to claim they were roleblocked when actually they weren't, or finding out that someone says they weren't roleblocked, when actually they were.

Except that I know there is a roleblocker (though obv I'd totally say that. And if there wasn't then saying I was blocked yesterday would be a pretty astonishingly dumb move), and why would anyone lie about whether they were roleblocked or not? All the remaining people have to do is just say exactly whether they were roleblocked or not, and we learn nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:08 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I'd point out one thing, however - the roleblocker isn't on our side. She's neutral. Assuming she'll help you 'out' someone is just that - an assumption.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:12 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Also, she can't win any more (assuming banging Elwood was the win condition) so is presumably now a total wildcard.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:14 

Cras wrote:
Also, she can't win any more (assuming banging Elwood was the win condition) so is presumably now a total wildcard.

Elwood's still alive, dude.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Oh yeah, duh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:45 
Awesome
Yes

Then I'm still going with GazChap for the time being.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:45 
Awesome
Yes

It's like I'm channelling Grim...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:55 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I kinda still wanna lynch Russ.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:01 

I'm not quite sure I understand the point of her role, then? Does she only win if she spends the night with Elwood? But that's just a 'personal' win (like the SK being last man standing, for example?) Oh well, that's no use to us, unless she meets Elwood and joins an allegiance I suppose.

I guess it's got to the point where everyone is suspicious. I guess it's just the gameplay that makes me wonder why the two non-voters keep sitting in the shadows with no useful input or vote, as they have no actual input to go on, so I've felt quite confident of my votes until this point but now I can't feel my way around much to go on :(

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next