Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 
 Post subject: LazyScum Day 4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 22:52 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mr Dave is found hanging from a tree, his guts hanging out and wild animals feasting on them. Messy again.

Mr Dave was Tom Cruise and he was a townie!

Roles in play:
Grim…
Allegiance: Mafia
Character name: King Decisive of Chooselands

Description: Grovel before the regal King Decisive, he who knows his shit! Regale yourself with his tales of justice! Interest yourself with further tales of his majesty! Mutter an excuse under your breath and wander off, because he's not going to stop talking.

Night power (if any): King Decisive can use his special truth-o-vision to get one fact that someone posted in the previous day confirmed or denied by the GM. If the person posting doesn't actually know the answer (because they were lying, or something) then KD gets jack*.

Passive ability (if any): If the day ends in a draw, whoever King Decisive voted for will be lynched. He's the fucking king, after all.

Additional characteristics (if any): King Decisive must vote once per game day, and only once per day (within reason - if a day times out real quick and he misses it without posting at all, I guess that can't be helped. Also if there's a typo or something he gets to correct it. Also if the person dies during the day he gets to revote, I guess). Also, unsurprisingly, he's going to be quite eager to FUCK GAZCHAP UP.

Zaphod79
Character name: Robert
Description: Just looks like any normal person
Night power (if any): Random defense
If targeted take a list of all the night actions available in the current game and have a random action occur against the person who targeted them

This will all be displayed in the rules thread for everyone to see.
In addition to that, you can also send me:

Passive ability (if any): If targeted overnight knows the name of the character (or player - i could see both being interesting but it should be one or the other) who that person targeted for the *previous* night

Additional characteristics (if any): I was going to name the character Random Dent (Arthur Dents daughter) but thought that might be a bit of a giveaway so lets just leave this blank at the moment.

DavPaz
Allegiance: Town
Character name: Hollis Hampson
Description: Hollis worries a lot and is always late. Think of Hollis as the White Rabbit in Wonderland. Despite the neuroses, Hollis is a bright enough sort and will always try and make the right decision.
Passive ability (if any): Hollis is always late because he doesn't live in Town, he commutes. This make him immune to non-lethal night actions.
Additional characteristics (if any): Hollis can't vote until almost at the last minute, due to his worrisome nature. He will not vote until a player is within 2 votes of being lynched.

Character name: The Doctor
Description: renegade Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey
Night power (if any): can choose to protect someone overnight.

Character name: Psychic Steve
Description: Born with an incredible gift, Psychic Steve can read minds simply by thinking about that person. He's often considered applying for the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge, but thinks it would be a churlish use of his power so ekes out a meagre living in this tiny village, providing travelling clairvoyancy services.
Night power (if any): Can read a person's mind and find out their allegiance - not just Good/Bad, but specifics. He can only read a person's mind once, though

Character name: Bin
Characteristics: You're a bin.
Night Power: If anyone discovers who you are then they can substitute their overnight power to pop inside amongst the garbage and hide out.

Character name: Mr Dave
Abilities: His analytical mind means that he can perceive patterns and movements in the nuances and movements of people; he can investigate any one person who has made more than 8 posts in a single day - this can occur at any time.

Character name: Bored political election fraudster
You are a bored political election fraudster without a current campaign to work on. In order to while away the time at work, you have created a way to trick the voting system for upcoming elections and are able to double vote on any and all lynches. You may cast a single vote, but it has the weight of two votes. If this is done, the moderator will only explicitly list the vote once, but it will count twice.

Cras
Allegiance: Neutral
Character name: Princess Sparklebum
Description: The youngest daughter of the King of the pixie folk, Princess Sparklebum is a flying joy-machine bringing laughter, happiness, and rainbows to everyone she meets.
Night power (if any): Princess Sparklebum can shower a player with kittens and unicorns and thoughts of wonderous giggledust, leaving them unable to do anything in the night phase.
Passive ability (if any):
Additional characteristics (if any): Princess Sparklebum is the youngest daughter. She'll never be in charge, and that properly pisses her off. As a result, while she probably could bring joy and wonder to everyone she meets, instead she doesn't. Her night ability could block someone's night action with thoughts of kittens and unicorns, but what's the fun in that? Instead she can manipulate her target's night action into doing the exact opposite of what it should. A doctor might kill their patient, or an investigation might return the wrong result or even out the investigated party to the world (I'll leave the specifics up to the boss man )
Win condition should be Town in the public thread, but secretly neutral. Princess Sparklebum wins if she survives to the end of the game. Investigations will reveal her true alignment.

Basically NIGHTCUNT mark II

Mr Dave
Name: Tom Cruise

Description: Stuck in a closet with R Kelly. Not in a cult, Absolutely, completely, one hundred percent NOT in a cult. Don't even mention cults around him.

Night action (Public): During the night, he can go to a persons house if they're in and have a chat about things completely unrelated to cults.

Night action (Private): During the night he can go round and have a 'chat'. By 'Chat' I mean he goes round in a gimp mask, strips naked and dances round their house, right in their face such that they notice if they are in and writes a message on their walls in some dubious substance before escaping into the night. If roleblocked in some form, proactive or protective, the blocker gets subjected to the same dance instead but no message is given.

Passive ability: Due to being an absolute fruitcake, he's willing to join up to any 'organisation' no matter how absurd. Should he become aware of such an organisation, he rushes in, throws all his money at them and signs up to all their ideals. Naked.

The mechanics of this: Naturally there may not be another group, be it cult, zombie, mason or whatever, but no-matter. If someone dies in such a group, proving its existence, he joins up (even if it leaves him the only member, because... fruitcake). If someone somehow claims* to be in some group, regardless of whether they're bullshitting an existing group or have just made up said group he still joins the person doing the bullshitting in the guise of said group(They can then decide on a new win condition for the daft, ridiculous man and communicate with him. The win condition can't be mafia or pure town.)
When he joins, one member is put in contact with him with sign ups and the like. They tell him whatever details they like about his new life. Once one 'group' has been joined, he stays loyal to that group regardless of anything.

* - It's obviously up to you to decide what constitutes a claim, but he's desperate to join up to whatever nut jobs he can, so it doesn't take much of a hint to get him signing up.

Curiosity
Role - Cedrick smythsonian
Abilities - none
History - former army chaplain. Struggles with concept of not being violent.
Passive ability - if targeted at night, he will punch out whoever is near him. Any non-lethal action aimed at him fails and he knows who has targeted him but not what their action was. The person doing the targeting knows that they got knocked out and failed in their mission.

Character name: Alf
Role: Detective

More details will be revealed as people get killed (assuming there is a kill ability in the game…)

[playerlist]
Bobbyaro
Future Warrior
GazChap
Goddess Jasmine
Saturnalian
TheFireFaerie
[/playerlist]

Day 4 ends Friday at 9pm.
http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/
With 6 people alive, 4 votes are needed for a lynch.
Can a mod do the dead thread thing please.

Post subject: Re: LazyScum Day 4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 23:26 
Paws for thought

Yo. Dead thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 23:29 

2 Mafia, 1 neutral.

GJ is neutral.

I was visited my Mr Cruise overnight who suggested we off GJ to reduce the number of kill roles, but that it should be done without making the reasoning obvious (?)

What's the plan then?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 23:35 
Bad Girl

I like to think of it as 3 goodies and 3 baddies.

TFF wanted to off GJ but I said, as a show of good faith, we should team up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 23:45 

Saturnalian wrote:
I like to think of it as 3 goodies and 3 baddies.

TFF wanted to off GJ but I said, as a show of good faith, we should team up.

I don't think GJ would go for that, let's face it - you'd off her the first chance you got to secure the win.

I say we get rid of you filthy Mafia types, you'd stab your own mothers in the back for a nickel and dime. Or something.

[vote:Saturnalian]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 23:52 
Bad Girl

GJ can't win without us and we can't win without her. If she votes with the Mafia then we, the Mafia, here so solemnly swear to enter into a mutually beneficial agreement to not use our overnight powers against each other to wipe out these filthy town.

Our win condition is all "town" dead. I imagine hers is too. It's not "everyone" dead.

GJ, if you vote to kill GazChap today, we, the Mafia, will do this so both of us can win this.

[vote: Gazchap]

GJ, the ball, is in your court. You know I'm right.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 23:56 

I would think her win condition is precisely that everyone has to be dead.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 23:59 
Bad Girl

That'd be absurdly difficult. Town Dead will be the win condition like the Mafia.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:59 
Best
Board Mother

I think I've shown where my loyalties lie. :)

[vote:Saturnalian]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:33 
Bad Girl

You've just sealed your own death warrant. TFF has the double vote so we could still get majority.

Also, town, if you vote me off today none of you will be able to get inside me for safety from, you guessed it, GJ.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:14 
UltraMod

Well - wait, new teeth. That's weird.

This is just brilliant, isn't it? A stalemate! I love a good old stalemate. Always remind me of Rome for some reason.

Except of course, I could just do this. [vote:Saturnalian]

*grins*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:23 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

no, if Sat is the bin, shouldn't we voting for TFF as she has a double vote - obviously if that is true.

Also:
GazChap wrote:
I was visited my Mr Cruise overnight who suggested we off GJ to reduce the number of kill roles, but that it should be done without making the reasoning obvious (?)

:facepalm:

also also, Mr Dave's role! :DD

Also also also, I thought I was dead for a second reading the day starting!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:25 
Bad Girl

FYI that wasn't a Mafia kill last night.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:29 
UltraMod

Saturnalian wrote:
FYI that wasn't a Mafia kill last night.

No, because you tried to kill our little mate GazChap, didn't you? I put a stop to that, although it hurt a bit.

I'm all better now though - you can't keep a good Doctor down! *runs hands through new hair*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:41 
Paws for thought

Mr Dave wrote:
Yo. Dead thread.

Wooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:46 
UltraMod

So are we convinced TFF has the double vote? I'm not. It's probably Sat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:54 
Bad Girl

I'm a bin.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:01 
UltraMod

Saturnalian wrote:
I'm a bin.

So why tell us TFF has the double vote then? That makes no sense, matey. Unless it's a double-bluff - I hadn't thought of that.

I'm so stupid stupid stupid sometimes!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:12 

Bobbyaro wrote:

Yeah, that's a proper :facepalm: moment. About 30 seconds after I hit the post button, I quite literally facepalmed myself in The Real World.

I'm not sure - sudden honesty on the Mafia side strikes me as odd, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that it's Sat with the double vote.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:17 
UltraMod

GazChap wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:

Yeah, that's a proper :facepalm: moment. About 30 seconds after I hit the post button, I quite literally facepalmed myself in The Real World.

I'm not sure - sudden honesty on the Mafia side strikes me as odd, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that it's Sat with the double vote.

But did we have anyone confirm that he was the Bin? If so, he probably doesn't have the double vote.

I wouldn't be surprised if he would be happy to throw TFF under the bus to save his own - he's just that sort of man.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:22 

Sat posted this yesterday:
Quote:
An known goodie and a known baddie know who I am so they'll confirm I'm town.

Which would tally with Mr Dave and Grim... hiding out in the bin.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:23 
UltraMod

[vote:thefirefaerie]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:23 
Bad Girl

Future Warrior wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he would be happy to throw TFF under the bus to save his own - he's just that sort of man.

Awwww, come on, man, that really hurt. It's only a game. Uncool.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:24 
Bad Girl

GazChap wrote:
Sat posted this yesterday:
Quote:
An known goodie and a known baddie know who I am so they'll confirm I'm town.

Which would tally with Mr Dave and Grim... hiding out in the bin.

See? I wouldn't lie to you guys. You're my friends.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:26 

[vote:thefirefaerie]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:28 

Hang on though - shortly after he posted that, TFF chimed in with "Err... Bin roleclaim?!" so there's a possibility it was a diversion tactic.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:30 

But TFF would have known his role, they are on the same team!

Also, GJ isn't going to be back to post before evening and I think killing mafia is a good thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:31 

Bobbyaro wrote:

Also, GJ isn't going to be back to post before evening and I think killing mafia is a good thing.

edit, that makes no sense, the second part was in refernce to, "should we kill sat and be done with it?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:34 
UltraMod

Might as well wait until lunch - she may be back then.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:41 
Bad Girl

Now, GJ, why don't you reconsider your position very carefully here:

Scenario A) Mafia is lynched today. The kill role is lynched. You kill a town overnight. The town lynch you tomorrow by majority.

Scenario B) Mafia is lynched today. The kill role is lynched. You are prevented from killing. The town lynch you tomorrow by a greater majority.

Scenario C) Mafia is lynched today. The kill role survives. You kill town. Mafia kill you. You dead, homie. Town win.

Scenario D - The Gamble) Mafia is lynched today. The kill role survives. You kill town. We kill town. We vote you dead and kill town and win.

Scenario E - The Gamble Part 2) Mafia is lynched today. The kill role survives. You kill town. We kill town. You vote us dead and kill town and win.

Scenario F) I'm bored now...

... anyway, the only way to safely win is to vote with the Mafia today. We got the combined votes to do this. You get the kill role killed and you're dead for sure tomorrow. Game over, man.

They know who you are. You can't hide under the radar. You need to do the math here. Law of averages. Percentages and risk strategy. Do the risk assessment. You know voting with the town is a greater percentage of death for you. Today. No more chances. Today is your make or break day. You could lose this today.

Unless you vote with the Mafia. The real good guys.

I mean, look at Myp here. He's low down and dirty. He'll Attack a persons character for the win. You can't vote with a guy like that. Everyone will know. You'll be the person who they associate with him. Your name will be mud on the streets of where you are. People won't look at you in the street. Let's not be that guy, aye?

A vote for Mafia (and Gazchap) is a vote for decency.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:46 

Bobbyaro wrote:

That's what I mean. Between them they may have started sowing the seeds of a double-bluff thinking that it would come down to this and that they'd be better off keeping the double-vote in play.

Perhaps I'm looking into it too deeply.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:48 
UltraMod

Saturnalian wrote:
I mean, look at Myp here. He's low down and dirty. He'll Attack a persons character for the win. You can't vote with a guy like that. Everyone will know. You'll be the person who they associate with him. Your name will be mud on the streets of where you are. People won't look at you in the street. Let's not be that guy, aye?

Saturnalian wrote:
To be honest, I didn't think you'd post 8 times but if you did I was thinking that you might try and not be investigated but I never thought you'd do it like this: grovelling, blatant and disingenuously, like a snivling scummy toad. Well done. That's quite something.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:51 
Bad Girl

Look what he's doing GJ! He's trying to use my own words against me. Thing is, Grim... made me write that. He sent it to me on a PM and told me to do it. I'm really sorry. Those aren't my words. Grim...'s words, init. He was a bad un. Just like Myp. That's why I voted Grim... and TFF. They're both bad eggs. Let's run away together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:52 
Bad Girl

Saturnalian wrote:
Now, GJ, why don't you reconsider your position very carefully here:

Scenario A) Mafia is lynched today. The kill role is lynched. You kill a town overnight. The town lynch you tomorrow by majority.

Scenario B) Mafia is lynched today. The kill role is lynched. You are prevented from killing. The town lynch you tomorrow by a greater majority.

Scenario C) Mafia is lynched today. The kill role survives. You kill town. Mafia kill you. You dead, homie. Town win.

Scenario D - The Gamble) Mafia is lynched today. The kill role survives. You kill town. We kill town. We vote you dead and kill town and win.

Scenario E - The Gamble Part 2) Mafia is lynched today. The kill role survives. You kill town. We kill town. You vote us dead and kill town and win.

Scenario F) I'm bored now...

... anyway, the only way to safely win is to vote with the Mafia today. We got the combined votes to do this. You get the kill role killed and you're dead for sure tomorrow. Game over, man.

They know who you are. You can't hide under the radar. You need to do the math here. Law of averages. Percentages and risk strategy. Do the risk assessment. You know voting with the town is a greater percentage of death for you. Today. No more chances. Today is your make or break day. You could lose this today.

Unless you vote with the Mafia. The real good guys.

A vote for Mafia (and Gazchap) is a vote for decency.

Don't forget this post GJ! It's very important.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:57 
UltraMod

I'm starting to change my mind now. Maybe we should just finish him off this morning.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:07 

If I'm looking at the roles list correctly, GJ is Alf, who is supposedly a detective?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:09 

The Doctor: Future Warrior
Mr Dave: Bobbyaro
The Bin: Saturnalian/TFF
Psychic Steve: GazChap
Bored political election fraudster: TFF/Saturnalian
Alf: GJ

A detective serial killer? What a curve ball.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:20 
UltraMod

[vote:saturnalian] Let's just get this done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:21 
a creature of fathomless grace

GazChap wrote:
The Doctor: Future Warrior
Mr Dave: Bobbyaro
The Bin: Saturnalian/TFF
Psychic Steve: GazChap
Bored political election fraudster: TFF/Saturnalian
Alf: GJ

A detective serial killer? What a curve ball.

Curve ball, but correct - why do you think she knew to FOS me from the start? Investigated me then tried to have me bumped off!

But... you know, all's fair in love and war, and I'm prepared to put her trying to have me lynched behind me.

Because Sat's right, GJ darling, you need us and we need you, without each other, the town wins for sure.

So... wanna be playmates? :kiss:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:23 

Come on Bobby, let's put a stop to their annoying pleas ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:45 
Bad Girl

Tell you what GJ, let's kill off [vote: Future Warrior] so he can't protect his buddies overnight.

Let's do these townie scumbags!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:56 
a creature of fathomless grace

see now THAT's a sensible plan [vote: Future Warrior]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:07 
UltraMod

Err, Bobby?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:12 
UltraMod

God you mafia are thicky thicky stupid heads! Jazzy may be neutral but she's not an idiot! No way will she side with horrible scummy people like you.

Watching you try to squirm out of this is brilliant though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:14 

[vote:saturnalian]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:16 
Bad Girl

Dead thread please!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:47 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I'll wait to see if you actually die first ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 13:03 
ugvm'er at heart...

Oh, he's totally lynched and stuff.

Saturnalian
Character name: Bin
Characteristics: You're a bin.
Night Power: If anyone discovers who you are then they can substitute their overnight power to pop inside amongst the garbage and hide out.

Passive Ability: I can't remember what this is.
Additional characteristics: You can't post on a Tuesday cause that's collection day, init.

Night actions to me by 9pm Friday please.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]