Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: LazyScum2 Day 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:25 
ugvm'er at heart...

2 deaths overnight!

DavPaz was killed, dragged out and found in a landfill.
Davpaz was Hollis Hampson.

Curiosity was killed.... that's it, no description. That's a bit boring isn't it!
Curio was Cedrick smythsonian

Roles in play:
Character name: King Decisive of Chooselands
Description: Grovel before the regal King Decisive, he who knows his shit! Regale yourself with his tales of justice! Interest yourself with further tales of his majesty! Mutter an excuse under your breath and wander off, because he's not going to stop talking.
Night power (if any): King Decisive can use his special truth-o-vision to get one fact that someone posted in the previous day confirmed or denied by the GM. If the person posting doesn't actually know the answer (because they were lying, or something) then KD gets jack.

Character name: Robert
Description: Just looks like any normal person
Night power (if any): Random defense
If targeted take a list of all the night actions available in the current game and have a random action occur against the person who targeted them

DavPaz
Allegiance: Town
Character name: Hollis Hampson
Description: Hollis worries a lot and is always late. Think of Hollis as the White Rabbit in Wonderland. Despite the neuroses, Hollis is a bright enough sort and will always try and make the right decision.
Passive ability (if any): Hollis is always late because he doesn't live in Town, he commutes. This make him immune to non-lethal night actions.
Additional characteristics (if any): Hollis can't vote until almost at the last minute, due to his worrisome nature. He will not vote until a player is within 2 votes of being lynched.

Character name: The Doctor
Description: renegade Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey
Night power (if any): can choose to protect someone overnight.

Character name: Psychic Steve
Description: Born with an incredible gift, Psychic Steve can read minds simply by thinking about that person. He's often considered applying for the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge, but thinks it would be a churlish use of his power so ekes out a meagre living in this tiny village, providing travelling clairvoyancy services.
Night power (if any): Can read a person's mind and find out their allegiance - not just Good/Bad, but specifics. He can only read a person's mind once, though

Character name: Bin
Characteristics: You're a bin.
Night Power: If anyone discovers who you are then they can substitute their overnight power to pop inside amongst the garbage and hide out.

Character name: Mr Dave
Abilities: His analytical mind means that he can perceive patterns and movements in the nuances and movements of people; he can investigate any one person who has made more than 8 posts in a single day - this can occur at any time.

Character name: Bored political election fraudster
You are a bored political election fraudster without a current campaign to work on. In order to while away the time at work, you have created a way to trick the voting system for upcoming elections and are able to double vote on any and all lynches. You may cast a single vote, but it has the weight of two votes. If this is done, the moderator will only explicitly list the vote once, but it will count twice.

Cras
Allegiance: Neutral
Character name: Princess Sparklebum
Description: The youngest daughter of the King of the pixie folk, Princess Sparklebum is a flying joy-machine bringing laughter, happiness, and rainbows to everyone she meets.
Night power (if any): Princess Sparklebum can shower a player with kittens and unicorns and thoughts of wonderous giggledust, leaving them unable to do anything in the night phase.
Passive ability (if any):
Additional characteristics (if any): Princess Sparklebum is the youngest daughter. She'll never be in charge, and that properly pisses her off. As a result, while she probably could bring joy and wonder to everyone she meets, instead she doesn't. Her night ability could block someone's night action with thoughts of kittens and unicorns, but what's the fun in that? Instead she can manipulate her target's night action into doing the exact opposite of what it should. A doctor might kill their patient, or an investigation might return the wrong result or even out the investigated party to the world (I'll leave the specifics up to the boss man )
Win condition should be Town in the public thread, but secretly neutral. Princess Sparklebum wins if she survives to the end of the game. Investigations will reveal her true alignment.

Basically NIGHTCUNT mark II

Character name: Tom Cruise
Description: Stuck in a closet with R Kelly. Not in a cult, Absolutely, completely, one hundred percent NOT in a cult. Don't even mention cults around him.
Night action (Public): During the night, he can go to a persons house if they're in and have a chat about things completely unrelated to cults.

Curiosity
Allegiance: Town
Role - Cedrick smythsonian
Abilities - none
History - former army chaplain. Struggles with concept of not being violent.
Passive ability - if targeted at night, he will punch out whoever is near him. Any non-lethal action aimed at him fails and he knows who has targeted him but not what their action was. The person doing the targeting knows that they got knocked out and failed in their mission.

Character name: Alf
Role: Detective

More details will be revealed as people get killed (assuming there is a kill ability in the game…)

[playerlist]
Bobbyaro
Future Warrior
GazChap
Goddess Jasmine
Grim...
Mr Dave
Saturnalian
TheFireFaerie
Zaphod79
[/playerlist]

Day 2 ends Friday at 7pm.
http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/
With 9 people alive, 5 votes are needed for a lynch.
Can a mod do the dead thread thing please.

Post subject: Re: LazyScum2 Day 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:28 
Paws for thought

I live!

Curio doesn't. Again. :p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:33 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

What's the numbers, Gaz?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:36 
Bad Girl

Mr Dave wrote:
I live!

Hello? We just lost 2 frickin towns!?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:38 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Saturnalian wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
I live!

Hello? We just lost 2 frickin towns!?

While that does read somewhat like "haha I killed Curio" I think Dave is remarking on the fact that Curio always seems to die on the first night.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:50 

Some interesting shit.

First of all, I thought about Future Warrior overnight. He came back as Town.

On to the numbers.

Apparently, 4 mafia and 1 neutral - but also, I've now been told there are 4 town. I think this may be an error on Trooper's part as I'm not supposed to be told the numbers for my own faction. Originally I was worried that I'd been recruited or something but the numbers add up to 9 so I think he's just made a mistake.

Can GM clarify please?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:51 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

The mafia has grown? Or do you think that's a mistake too?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:51 

Also of note, which I've just spotted - all of the characters have "Night power (if any)" except for Tom Cruise, who has "Night action (Public)" - I'm assuming therefore that Tom Cruise has a secret night action.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:53 

Grim... wrote:
The mafia has grown? Or do you think that's a mistake too?

This would fit with my theory yesterday that the Mafia can recruit - but that theory was based around them not having a kill role.

Them being able to kill AND recruit makes them significantly overpowered so either my theory there is wrong, or the kills weren't mafia.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:55 
UltraMod

GazChap wrote:
First of all, I thought about Future Warrior overnight. He came back as Town.

Correct. Interesting that the mafia didn't kill you off, unless the Doctor protected you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:56 
Bad Girl

And what about yesterday's vote with no majority? Someone must be able to influence the decision.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:57 

Oh yes. I looked through yesterday, and Cras was the first person that was voted for. Whether that is just coincidence or not though, I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 14:57 

Future Warrior wrote:
Interesting that the mafia didn't kill you off, unless the Doctor protected you?

It is indeed interesting. Either I was protected, or the mafia don't consider my knowledge a threat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 15:09 
Bad Girl

GazChap wrote:
Oh yes. I looked through yesterday, and Cras was the first person that was voted for. Whether that is just coincidence or not though, I don't know.

I was thinking that one of the no voters might have a secret/none public vote.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 15:38 

It's been clarified by Trooper that he made a mistake, he shouldn't have included Town on my PM.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 15:39 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

So there are actually four mafia?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 15:40 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Saturnalian wrote:
And what about yesterday's vote with no majority? Someone must be able to influence the decision.

Quote:
Character name: Bored political election fraudster
You are a bored political election fraudster without a current campaign to work on. In order to while away the time at work, you have created a way to trick the voting system for upcoming elections and are able to double vote on any and all lynches. You may cast a single vote, but it has the weight of two votes. If this is done, the moderator will only explicitly list the vote once, but it will count twice.

Some secret / special power of the Fraudster ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 15:43 
Bad Girl

I missed that.

So one of the 8 who voted yesterday is the Fraudster. Cept the dead un's. Natch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 15:44 

Grim... wrote:
So there are actually four mafia?

Yes. Unless there's some other trickery afoot that I'm not privy to - but as Princess Sparklebum was actually Neutral but only appeared as Town for investigative actions, but seemingly appeared Neutral to me - I'm guessing this isn't the case.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 15:45 

Worded that badly - Sparklebum was neutral, appeared to me as neutral, but to everyone else she was town.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 15:47 
Paws for thought

GazChap wrote:
Them being able to kill AND recruit makes them significantly overpowered so either my theory there is wrong, or the kills weren't mafia.

A mafia/cult combine is ridiculously overpowered. such thay the game could be over tonight if your figures are correct.

So I can only conclude some other shenanigans.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:01 

On Cedric Smythsonian:
Quote:
Passive ability - if targeted at night, he will punch out whoever is near him. Any non-lethal action aimed at him fails and he knows who has targeted him but not what their action was. The person doing the targeting knows that they got knocked out and failed in their mission.

This doesn't actually say anything about lethal actions and whether he still manages to punch out his assailant before being killed. I know that sounds stupid.

But, if we assume that Cedric's killer was punched out, perhaps his killer is unable to post today due to being unconscious?

Also, Future Warrior is town - me only being able to investigate him once will now make him a target for recruitment - perhaps I shouldn't have told everyone who I investigated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:24 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Well, I got a visit from a naked man who waved his willy in my face, while I sat there aroused, someone smeared text on my walls in dog shit saying, "Tom Cruise is not in a cult, you feckless piece of shit bellend wanker". Which only aroused me more, I can tell you that!

On the mafia front, is it possible that there is a mafia, and there is a new mafia and the new mafia are trying to take over the old mafia, and therefore all appear as "mafia" to Gaz, but are infact opposing mafias? I seem to recall something like that happening before.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:31 
Unpossible!

......dead ...... thread..... please.....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:33 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
I seem to recall something like that happening before.

That was a weird trooper game :-)

I think we either have :

1) The Tom Cruise role is really a cult person and we have a growing cult which includes Gaz and he has not told us about it because its better for him to keep quiet

2) The Tom Cruise role is there because its a funny role

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:41 
UltraMod

GazChap wrote:
Also, Future Warrior is town - me only being able to investigate him once will now make him a target for recruitment - perhaps I shouldn't have told everyone who I investigated.

Aren't you also a target for the cult as well though?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:42 
UltraMod

I'm ok with being outed as town as naughty Craster squeezed it out of me anyway (for nefarious reasons as it turns out).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:42 

Bobbyaro wrote:
On the mafia front, is it possible that there is a mafia, and there is a new mafia and the new mafia are trying to take over the old mafia, and therefore all appear as "mafia" to Gaz, but are infact opposing mafias? I seem to recall something like that happening before.

I guess that's plausible, but how would that explain the number of Mafia increasing?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:45 

Future Warrior wrote:
GazChap wrote:

Aren't you also a target for the cult as well though?

If one exists, then yes - but if they do then they're not a cult in the usual sense (i.e. having a separate faction) as otherwise I'd know about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:45 
UltraMod

Target for recruitment then, using your words. It makes you one too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 16:52 
Bad Girl

Bobbyaro wrote:
Well, I got a visit from a naked man who waved his willy in my face, while I sat there aroused, someone smeared text on my walls in dog shit saying, "Tom Cruise is not in a cult, you feckless piece of shit bellend wanker". Which only aroused me more, I can tell you that!

:DD I'm inclined to believe that Tom Cruise is benign after that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 17:14 
Paws for thought

Bobbyaro wrote:

:DD

So you weren't oot and aboot killing Curio/The Paz last night, too busy staring at some naked man. Good to know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 17:29 

Am I reading too much into your wording, Bobby? The way you've written that suggests you were visited by two people - the willy waver and the shit smearer...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 20:41 

Well, it certainly could have been, I couldn't move off the chair for a while!
(Yeah, don't know, seems unlikely though!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 21:12 
Unpossible!

DavPaz wrote:
......dead ...... thread..... please.....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 21:36 
Best
Board Mother

GazChap wrote:
On Cedric Smythsonian:
Quote:

This doesn't actually say anything about lethal actions and whether he still manages to punch out his assailant before being killed. I know that sounds stupid.

But, if we assume that Cedric's killer was punched out, perhaps his killer is unable to post today due to being unconscious?

Well we can keep an eye on who posts and who doesn't easily enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:03 
Best
Board Mother

Okay, to test Gaz's theory I'm going to [vote: thefirefaerie]

I won't be around all day but I'll be back before the day ends.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:29 

Any reason you picked TFF?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:19 
8-Bit Champion

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Okay, to test Gaz's theory I'm going to [vote: thefirefaerie]

I won't be around all day but I'll be back before the day ends.

Just to confirm the theory you are going on is that TFF has not posted and therefore has been knocked out ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:23 

I assume it's the theory that the first person voted for gets killed at the end of the day, a la Cras.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:24 

Yeah, I don't know what theory she is testing here! Also, only popping in and voting is a little suss, but people are busy.

I can only assume that the killing of cras is a passive ability, rather than a targeted attack, otherwise there would be 3 target killers in 12 people!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:25 

@ Gaz, seems a bit harsh then? Unless GJ has some info, this seems an outright murder attempt!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:51 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
@ Gaz, seems a bit harsh then? Unless GJ has some info, this seems an outright murder attempt!

Of someone we know virtually nothing about ?

If its also correct then expect the first post tomorrow to be a bad person voting for X since that would get them out of the way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:00 
Bad Girl

Why is no one FOSing Grim... though? He voted for Cras. When you hear hooves think horses not Zebras.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:01 

exactly, either GJ has info that TFF is bad, or GJ is bad and is trying to kill TFF (or she meant another theory).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:03 
a creature of fathomless grace

Erm, harsh of GJ there! If she's testing the theory that I can't post then, well, OH HAI! If she's testing the theory that the first person to get voted for gets lynched at the end of the day, then, well jeez I hope she's wrong and thanks a bunch if she's not! :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:04 

To come in and post one thing, vote for me, then just disappear again seems really rather suss - why not pick one of the voters from yesterday?...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:04 

@ Sat, I don't buy it, 3 bad kill roles would be crazy, if Grim...'s vote killed cras it is either passive or not related to his role. Not saying Grim.. can't be a bad guy, but I don't buy that he killed cras (he may have killed overnight)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:13 
Paws for thought

Saturnalian wrote:
Why is no one FOSing Grim... though? He voted for Cras. When you hear hooves think horses not Zebras.

I am keeping an eye on him. Mainly as I suspect he'd have died overnight had we not said anything and he wasn't bad.

My suspicion is that the majority vote wins and he has 2. Although it could be anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:14 

3 kill roles would be bonkers, the game could be over way too quickly. I reckon Bobby's right and there's more chance it's a passive role, or some Trooper twist (like the first person voted for goes regardless, or if there isn't a full lynch, or something).

The mafia increasing is weird though - a cult/mafia would be way too powerful, unless they don't have a kill role. But then with two dead, who else is doing it? I'm thinking we have an SK (the 1 remaining neutral) and something else..

I was thinking it could have been Robert doing the second kill, because he can use any of the night actions against someone if they target him, so we could potentially only have an SK kill role, but if a non-lethal night action from someone else targeted Robert, he could have taken the SKs kill night action and used it against them. But neither of the dead-uns from last night had a night action, so couldn't have targeted him.

HMM.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next