Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: LazyScum Day 4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:54 
ugvm'er at heart...

Well, that was uneventful

[playerlist]
American Nervoso
DavPaz
Curiosity
Grim...
Cras
Mimi
Zaphod79
Mr Russell
Mr Dave
Saturnalian
Bobbyaro
[/playerlist]

Roles in play:

Name: John Smith
Night power (if any) : knows who the first person to target him/her overnight is
Allegiance : Neutral

Name : Dave.
Night power (if any) : Can detect.
Allegiance : Town
Passive characteristics (if any) : If there has been a lynch, can PM one person a message during the night phase via GM.
Player : Goddess Jasmine

Character Name - Solaire of Astora
Short description - Solaire of Astora is a Knight of Sunlight who will help the town. He is a cheerful and powerful knight who does not let the crumbling world affect his mood. He is searching for his own sun.
Night power (if any) - Each night Solaire can invade another player's world. Solaire can choose which player character to invade each night. The chosen player MUST say "Praise the sun" in one of his first THREE posts the following day.

Name : The Justice Droid
Short description : You are a futuristic robot, indistinguishable from being a human in almost all ways.
Night power (if any) :You can use your JUSTICE FIELD each night to cause anyone's night action to happen to themselves. Anyone doing good things will benefit from their actions, and anyone naughty will have their naughty deed turned back on them.

Character Name: Dr Alice Roberts
Short description: Alluring TV anthropologist sex bomb.
Night power (if any) Being passionate about exploring theories of evolution, can nominate two people who will have their passive characteristics swapped

Name: Sir Robust Manly
Short description : English Gent
Night power (if any) : none
Allegiance : Mafia

Character Name: BATMAN!
Short description BATMAN!
Night power (if any): Investigate bad guys.

Character Name: Billy the Blackmailer
Short description: Works for the Mafia. He's employed to dig up dirt on anyone he can and use that to the Mafia's advantage.
Night power (if any): Blackmail. Billy picks another player to target that night. Billy digs up enough dirt on that player that, as far as any other power roles are concerned, that player is considered "bad" for that night.
Anything else you want to add: If Billy is investigated, the investigator sees that he's a bad guy -
Player : gazchap

Name: The White Knight
Night Power: Every night, the White Knight will bravely protect a poor innocent with his awesome powers. This muffling cloying protection will nullify any night actions that the other player has or is being targeted by.

Character Name - Bert
Short description : "Doctor , no real friends , obsessed with the fact that the human body is simply a complex, organic machine, which could be "restarted" if it ever stopped - conducted experiments with humans who other people or he himself have taken from their graves
Night power (if any) - take a dead body and inject it with serum , the serum brings the person back from the dead for a single day , they appear 'normal-ish' but may have mood swings and be a little more violent than they were before

Character Name : The One who Knocks
Short description : A paranoid drug manufacture, that wants to kill all perceived rivals
Night power (if any) : Kill in an interesting way…
Allegiance : Neutral
Passive characteristics (if any) : Mild Mannered and polite
Player : KovacsC

Character Name : Madame Palm
Short description: Madame Palm is a clairvoyant, who hears strange voices sometimes
Night power (if any): None

Character Name - Frank Farmer
Role - Elite Bodyguard
Night action: A Bodyguard is a role who can target a player at Night to protect them. However, if the protected player is supposed to be killed, the Bodyguard is killed instead ("taking the bullet" for them, as it were). The Elite Bodyguard will also kill the person who performed the kill.
Additional info: Bodyguard only protects from a single kill. If multiple people try to kill the Bodyguard's target, both the Bodyguard and the protected player will die.
Player : Slightly Green

Character Name: Curtain twitcher
Short description: nosey town member
Night power (if any): Can peek through one player's curtains per night phase to see if they're sleeping soundly or absent due to having a night action

Name: NightCunt.
Short description: Once a travelling hairbrush salesman, NightCunt had an unfortunate encounter under a full moon where he was bitten by Piers Morgan, and became....NightCunt. By day a thoroughly lovely chap, committed to helping his fellow man, by night, well, a bit of a cunt. He'll give passers-by deliberately inaccurate directions, replace a pram wheel with a potato, that sort of thing.
Night action: NightCunt is committed to being really annoying, and as such can redirect any player's night ability onto another target of his own choosing, just to annoy them. He doesn't find out what that ability was or even if the player actually had an ability (except from the results, obv)

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/
With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch

Day 4 ends Monday at 6pm, or sooner if there is a majority vote.

Post subject: Re: LazyScum Day 4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:56 
Sleepyhead

Told you we weren't a cult.

That said, I was wrong about being turned into zombies.

So, anyone with news? I Justice Droided Bobby in the face.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:02 
Bad Girl

Facking hell. Now, I don't know whether Trooper is toying with us by not providing any sort of explanation as to what the illness was unless it really is a completely benign effect. Which it appears to be.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:03 
Bad Girl

Curiosity wrote:

Hang on, what?

Also Grim... will be passing through soon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:04 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Huh?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:05 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Did anyone get a message from Jazzy when we lynched GazChap?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:09 
Sleepyhead

Saturnalian wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Hang on, what?

I said yesterday that I thought we might have been injected by the mad scientist type and were going to turn into violent zombies when killed. Turns out I was wrong.

So, last night either they didn't use the night action, were prevented from using it, the target was protected, or they targeted someone unable to be made ill.

Options 2 and 3 seem most likely.

I still think a mass role claim and info share at this point could win it for the Town.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:14 

This is probably going to be the dimmest question ever asked, but what is 'GM' in the context of Goddess Jasmine's role?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:16 
Sleepyhead

Mimi wrote:
This is probably going to be the dimmest question ever asked, but what is 'GM' in the context of Goddess Jasmine's role?

Game Master.

If this were a game instead of real life, it would be the person running it

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:16 
UltraMod

[vote:Mimi]

You all know I am the nosey neighbour by now. I investigated Mimi last night and she had no night action. I'm pretty sure she is Madame Palm from the Mafia. If I am wrong why I do apologise, ok?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:24 

Curiosity wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Hang on, what?

I said yesterday that I thought we might have been injected by the mad scientist type and were going to turn into violent zombies when killed. Turns out I was wrong.

So, last night either they didn't use the night action, were prevented from using it, the target was protected, or they targeted someone unable to be made ill.

Options 2 and 3 seem most likely.

I still think a mass role claim and info share at this point could win it for the Town.

What is this 'mad scientist' role, though? There isn't one listed, so is that our conjecture on your part, or do you have information on a role, or have I just missed something that's previously been written?

Also, could it be the Mafia that are making people I'll rather than killing them outright, rather than this be the action of an individual?

I am still more convinced that Mr Russell is bad based on his play pattern, plus Zaphod, possibly Saturnalian. I still say [vote:Mr Russell], though I can't fathom the point of the illness unless it makes the player too ill to carry out their night or passive powers, essentially turning those players into vanilla townies, but unless Curio can confirm this without endangering spoilering the use of any beneficial town powers he may or may not have, that's just a guess.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:29 
Sleepyhead

The mad scientist is called Bert, and is part of the Mafia.

I have not been told that my powers are gone, so AFAIK I am still effective as the Justice Droid.

How do you respond to Myp's accusation? Who do you claim to be?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:39 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

You Justice Droided Bobby, and nobody 'feels funny' today. Though nor does Bobby. So did whoever's making people feel ill not act at all?

In which case two people last night would not have had a night action - The 'makey-feel-ill-person' and Madame Palm.

So I agree with American Nervoso's reasoning, however he didn't target the person he think he did.

[vote:Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:40 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

American Nervoso wrote:

You all know I am the nosey neighbour by now. I investigated Mimi last night and she had no night action. I'm pretty sure she is Madame Palm from the Mafia. If I am wrong why I do apologise, ok?

Or Sir Robust Manly.

[vote:mimi]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:41 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Are you ever going to read any of my posts?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:41 
Sleepyhead

Cras wrote:
You Justice Droided Bobby, and nobody 'feels funny' today. Though nor does Bobby. So did whoever's making people feel ill not act at all?

In which case two people last night would not have had a night action - The 'makey-feel-ill-person' and Madame Palm.

So I agree with American Nervoso's reasoning, however he didn't target the person he think he did.

Are you the Night Cunt then?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:42 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Nightcunt.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:43 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Cras wrote:
Are you ever going to read any of my posts?

Not when you post at the same time as me.

[vote: Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:45 
UltraMod

Why not, eh?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:47 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

"Praise the sun"

So just to be clear - Myp investigated someone who he thought was Mimi but was actually Mr Russell who does not have a night action so is therefore bad ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:48 

Curiosity wrote:
The mad scientist is called Bert, and is part of the Mafia.

I have not been told that my powers are gone, so AFAIK I am still effective as the Justice Droid.

How do you respond to Myp's accusation? Who do you claim to be?

Oh crumbs, I hadn't even seen his post.

American Nervoso wrote:

I'm not Madame Palm. Either you are a liar, or your investigation is flawed as I do have a night power, or at least wrote one. I'm Dr Alice Roberts. I am not sure that my night power has given either myself or the town much of a benefit, however.

I have used the night power each night:

Quote:
for night 1 I would like to swap the passive actions (if any) of BritishNervoso and Mr Russell.

Quote:
For night 2 I would like to swap the passive actions (if any) of Saturnalian and Mr Russell.

Quote:
For night 3 I would like to swap the passive actions (if any) of Curiosity and Mr Russell

They are my three uses of my night power. As before, I am just convinced that Mr Russell is a bad'un, but if my power DID bring about any changes, then maybe it can be worked out from if anyone noticed a change in the expected outcome for the night phase (maybe, specifically Curiosity last night, if his actions work and if that is ascertainable). I would also say BritishNervoso on the same night, but I now can't tell if his night power is wrong or is lying.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:49 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

And there's no possiblilty that Nightcunt got roleblocked?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:51 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I don't think Mimi understands what passive actions are.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:52 

Cras wrote:

Oh man, you are all posting too fast! Anyway, I don't think posting my role has spoiled anything. Anyway, yes, that makes sense with what I have just posted regarding the result coming back wrongly. We might be able to gain a bit more info if American Nervoso can think without spoilering anything as to whether what happened on night 1 came back as he expected? Either way, the result he had n night 1 might not be true as I had swapped his power with Mr Russell.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:53 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Grim... wrote:

I'm not sure I do in this context either - so can we break down what happened last night ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:53 

Grim... wrote:

I don't understand anything. But yes, I am getting confused and see what you mean - it wouldn't have affected what British Nervoso did by way of targeting for information. D'oh. :facepalm:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:54 

Mimi wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I don't understand anything. But yes, I am getting confused and see what you mean - it wouldn't have affected what British Nervoso did by way of targeting for information. D'oh. :facepalm:

Actually, yeah, i wouldn't have helped uncover anything, as we actually don't have any written explanation of the passive actions. Blah :facepalm:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:55 

Anyway, I still maintain [vote:Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:57 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

mr russell: 4 (American Nervoso, Mimi, Cras, Grim...)

Not voted: 7 (davpaz, curiosity, zaphod79, mr russell, mr dave, saturnalian, bobbyaro)

With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/work.php

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:57 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Grim... wrote:
And there's no possiblilty that Nightcunt got roleblocked?

There is, but the only real roleblock we have is the JD, and Curio says he targetted Bobby. So unless there's an unknown roleblock, I'd assume not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:58 
Awesome
Yes

I was wrong about a zombie cult :(

Now my wife is trying to fuck me up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:04 
Bad Girl

Oh, Zaphod, that was it. I forgot. Tch, aye?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:09 

Mr Russell wrote:
I was wrong about a zombie cult :(

Now my wife is trying to fuck me up.

No, I said I thought you were mafia long before you mentioned your zombie cult thing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:12 
Sleepyhead

The White Knight is also a roleblock, is he not? But you get told if it happens, I think.

So, Russ, you'd best come up with a defence before we lynch you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:13 
Sleepyhead

Curiosity wrote:
The White Knight is also a roleblock, is he not? But you get told if it happens, I think.

Crap, it does not.

White Knight needs to come forwards, methinks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:14 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Curiosity wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Crap, it does not.

Only if it makes a difference.

Oh, but then we don't know if it's because they've not been here yet. Huh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:15 
Sleepyhead

Grim... wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Crap, it does not.

DavPaz hinted it was him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:16 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Yeah, I just remembered that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:21 

Cras wrote:
Nightcunt.

Hold on... Sorry, I'm having to re-read to make sense of it all. You are nightcunt, yes? So did you redirect Myp's power to a new target of YOUR choosing? Can you say who this was? Was it Mr Russell? Am I asking something obvious?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:22 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mimi wrote:
Cras wrote:
Nightcunt.

Hold on... Sorry, I'm having to re-read to make sense of it all. You are nightcunt, yes? So did you redirect Myp's power to a new target of YOUR choosing? Can you say who this was? Was it Mr Russell? Am I asking something obvious?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

:kiss:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:23 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

[vote:unvote]

We want to hear from the white night. Especially as if he didn't RB me, he presumably RBd whoever is making people feel ill.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:24 
Sleepyhead

Cras wrote:

We want to hear from the white night. Especially as if he didn't RB me, he presumably RBd whoever is making people feel ill.

Or their target.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:25 
Sleepyhead

Curiosity wrote:
Cras wrote:

Or their target.

Or Mr Russell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:27 
Sleepyhead

Russ is currently asking his Mafia buddies how to get out of this :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:30 
UltraMod

No one swapped my night ability as I got information regarding all three targets so far. GazChap (awake but in his room), Curio (out and about) and Mimi (sleeping).

[vote:unvote] why, I'm now a little confused, is anyone else?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:33 
Unpossible!

Curiosity wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Crap, it does not.

I did what now?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:38 
Sleepyhead

DavPaz wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Crap, it does not.

I did what now?

You said you were chivalrous. There's a knight in the game (two, in fact). That's a hint in my book (or a Mafia Mafia Mafia Move).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:40 
Unpossible!

So what am I?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:40 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Curiosity wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
I did what now?
You said you were chivalrous. There's a knight in the game (two, in fact). That's a hint in my book (or a Mafia Mafia Mafia Move).

I certainly assumed that's what you meant.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 13:42 
Sleepyhead

DavPaz wrote:
So what am I?

How about you tell us?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next