Post subject: Re: LV426 Dead Zone
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 17:46 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Astonishing - he was right.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 18:22 
Excellent Member

It was just a hunch though, Nothing I did gave SDG away whatever people in the thread have assumed / Grim... given hints at.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 18:27 
Best
Board Mother

Oooooooohhhhhhhh! I look forward to hearing Grim...'s reasoning on this one!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 19:02 
Ready for action

Who was it that Grim targetted that you denied?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 19:50 
Excellent Member

who says he targetted anyone?

I dont want to give up peoples identities in the dead thread

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 19:57 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

He would have targetted Mr Dave obviously. Or Kalmar. Or someone else.

WARNING!!! DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU CAN HANDLE THE SIGHT OF MAXIMUM PWNAGE!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 19:59 
Excellent Member

interesting theory

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:04 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

People are just an open book to me.

WARNING!!! DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU CAN HANDLE THE SIGHT OF MAXIMUM PWNAGE!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:05 
Ready for action

Didn't you post in the game that he (or someone else in the marines) decided not to shoot, then a later pm from Grim(this is assuming the roleclaim is true btw) changed this and requested a firefight? This later request was denied. So I want to know who it was he requested.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:06 
Excellent Member

Without giving away identities what happened last night was thus:

I received a PM from Hicks with the night actions for the Colonial Marines. Part of these actions were Vasquez : Nothing
(also included Motion Tracker and Roleblock from the other marines)
I assumed this was the result of their discussions and sent from Hicks as a united front, rather than 3 seperate PM's

I received all other Night Actions from all relevant factions/players.
At this point I was preparing the start of day 2 and got a PM from Vasquez, asking for a firefight

I then discussed with Craster whether they were allowed to first get the reults of the Motion Tracker, then pull a Firefight later (once they decided the person was bad)
We both agreed that this was not on, and that the Motion Tracker information can only be used the subsequent night.

Whomever the requested firefight target was I would have prevented this as its not how I envisaged the marine roles operating.
So whomever was targetted would have been irrelevant to the Marines, no information was exchanged about their target.

--------------
If you want to assume that Grim... is Vasquez and he targetted SuperDuperGill, then thats ok.
Transplant those names into the story above, and you tell me if that would make Grim 99% sure SDG is bad, and 75% alien?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:16 
Ready for action

I think that would explain where Grim suddenly got such certainty from, yes.
If he was the firefight guy(forget his name) and he targetted me and it was denied I think it would be a logical assumption for him to make that I was a power role, and he would know I wasn't a marine because he was a marine. I think this would be even more certain if he/they were told the firefight was denied because it gave the marines too much power. The wording may have been meant to suggest that a firefight after an investigation was unfair but the way I read it in the game when this info was posted in the day two thread was that it would overpower them because they were hitting a power role on the opposite team. Hiring a power role for the company wouldn't disable the company too much but hitting a power role in the aliens would be crippling, hence he arrived at his percentages.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:19 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

LaceSensor wrote:
I then discussed with Craster whether they were allowed to first get the reults of the Motion Tracker, then pull a Firefight later (once they decided the person was bad)
We both agreed that this was not on, and that the Motion Tracker information can only be used the subsequent night.

I feel hurt that I wasn't consulted :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:31 
Excellent Member

superdupergill wrote:
If he was the firefight guy(forget his name) and he targetted me and it was denied I think it would be a logical assumption for him to make that I was a power role, and he would know I wasn't a marine because he was a marine. I think this would be even more certain if he/they were told the firefight was denied because it gave the marines too much power. The wording may have been meant to suggest that a firefight after an investigation was unfair but the way I read it in the game when this info was posted in the day two thread was that it would overpower them because they were hitting a power role on the opposite team. Hiring a power role for the company wouldn't disable the company too much but hitting a power role in the aliens would be crippling, hence he arrived at his percentages.

The denial would have happened no matter who was targetted cos I deemed it to be cheating.
Conversely had the Marines taken the risk and simply chosen to fire at a target from the offset (with their first PM of night actions), I would not have stopped it, cos that is not cheating.

To be clear, I have no problems with the marines executing their 3 night actions in parrallel - theres no power issue there
its the problem that they wanted to do its sequentially, which is not allowed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 20:40 
Excellent Member

superdupergill wrote:
If he was the firefight guy(forget his name) and he targetted me and it was denied I think it would be a logical assumption for him to make that I was a power role, and he would know I wasn't a marine because he was a marine. I think this would be even more certain if he/they were told the firefight was denied because it gave the marines too much power..

I dont think it makes anything certain.
I didnt say anything to the Marines about "power"
Theres no way they knew the role of the target as I was completely impartial and like I say it doesnt matter who it was they would have been denied.

Would it have been ok to let one of the innocent colonists die at my discretion ?! just because someone is a power role doesnt give them privelidges above the townies as far as im concerned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 21:01 
Ready for action

I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying the firefight was denied because I was a power role. I understand that in other circumstances the firefight would have been allowed. I'm saying that if grim was the firefight guy and he targetted me, the wording used when he was denied made it clear he was on to something and from there he used simple logic to deduce I was a baddy.
The wording of the denial may have been meant to suggest he couldn't use firefightafter pm'd had been sent, but mine and my team mates perception ofthe post made in the game thread was that that was how they arrived at the conclusion I was a baddy.
How else can it be explained that he knew my faction with such certainty? Certainly not from an investigation, he said so himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 21:22 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

I like the fact you have been undone by Grim... due to a PM from a mod after the way your "battle" with Grim... ended in the weddingscum game :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 21:25 
Excellent Member

superdupergill wrote:
I'm saying that if grim was the firefight guy and he targetted me, the wording used when he was denied made it clear he was on to something and from there he used simple logic to deduce I was a baddy. .

No, because the wording made no reference to that. I simply stated they couldnt change there mind, or hold off with a firefight till after getting the results of a motion tracker, to ensure they werent targetting a human (which would be a friendly fire incident). Part of the Vasquez role is waiting to discover who a genuine target it to then shoot. If they are allowed to first check with the motion tracker then decide who to shoot, that takes the risk out of the Vasquez role and unbalances things.

When this was written up in the thread in this post by me on page 2
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
The only update to the rules is that while Hicks is alive the marines need to send all their night actions as 1 message, and stand by those actions, not change them later on.

For the benefit of the rest of the players, I received a PM from Hicks last night with night actions for the marines.
It stated no Firefight for Vasquez. I then received all other night actions and PM'd the results to the factions.
On receipt I got a new PM off Vasquez requesting a firefight.
This I have refused as I think it is over powering the marines, and however the rules read, I dont want them interpreted like that.
Once Hicks is out the game, the marines can PM me at their leisure to fullfill their night actions.

Grim... had already claimed, and kalmar had sealed the deal by not being careful enough.

So although that wording mentions "overpowering" thats not how it was in the private discussion between me and the marines

superdupergill wrote:
How else can it be explained that he knew my faction with such certainty? Certainly not from an investigation, he said so himself.

Just a guess. Theres no way based on what happened with the PMs that the Marines could know that whomever Vasquez targetted was an Alien.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 21:35 
Ready for action

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
I like the fact you have been undone by Grim... due to a PM from a mod after the way your "battle" with Grim... ended in the weddingscum game :D

Well I actually said to Jen earlier that the result of this game evens that out between Grim and I :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 21:41 
Ready for action

Im just telling you how I read it. I see no other way that Grim would have been so sure of my role or faction in the game. As soon as I read the info posted in the middle of the thread I PM'd my teammate stating what I have been stating here. I'm not trying to be a bitch about this so please don't think that, I just wanted to find out what made Grim so sure and I feel this is the only possible reason. Obviously I'll be interested to hear from him when the game ends.
Also, I know I've been fairly confused at points during the game and that isn't down to the ruleset or your explanation of them, more to do with the fact that I'm on meds just now that are designed to stop me from thinking clearly-they appear to be working ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 21:45 
Excellent Member

Your just biased cos you were the Queen

just substitute The Queen role with any DumbAss Colonist

Id have written EXACTLY the same stuff to them, and also the thread for everyone to see.
Me stopping the kill was my choice,and I stand by it - and I took advice from a well-read MafiaScum player and did the best I could.
Whoever Vasquez had chosen for the attack was fucked anyway, so its all academic now.

Its just unlucky coincidence. That and Kalmar didnt help to alleviate suspicions.

Spolier below - for those who want people ID's secret do not read
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
For the record - Grim... is Vasquez and he tried to shoot you in the Night Actions.
No point holding up a pretense now as it fairly obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 22:03 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Yeah, to be honest Gill, I think Kalmar screwed you there. If he's not the warrior, that'll amuse me greatly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 22:07 
Excellent Member

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

I feel hurt that I wasn't consulted :(

sorry :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:59 
Excellent Member

day 3 is rolling

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 13:35 
Ready for action

Right, LS don't worry about what's happening, seriously. If you've not played a game for a wee while then you are just forgetting that in-game you always over analyze any information that is given. This, coupled with the fact that you know more than anyone else means it is easy to say something which seems entirely innocent but because we are all studying each bit of information and paranoidly applying it to ourself and our roles the we can reach other conclusions than the ones intended.
The events of the last two game days certainly haven't ruined the game. It's still a good game and Grim is still playing it well. He appears to be turning into my nemesisesies ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 13:40 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

This is where it would be good to throw in a curve ball.

"Oh no, Hicks' door is broken, he can't lock the marines in any more!"

That might change the expression on Vasquez' face, especially without a doctor :p

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 13:47 
Excellent Member

superdupergill wrote:
Right, LS don't worry about what's happening, seriously. If you've not played a game for a wee while then you are just forgetting that in-game you always over analyze any information that is given. This, coupled with the fact that you know more than anyone else means it is easy to say something which seems entirely innocent but because we are all studying each bit of information and paranoidly applying it to ourself and our roles the we can reach other conclusions than the ones intended.
The events of the last two game days certainly haven't ruined the game. It's still a good game and Grim is still playing it well. He appears to be turning into my nemesisesies ;)

if what he says is true you were the target anyway.
they just wanted to have their cake and eat it by motion tracking their other suspect first.

can you not see how that is blatantly unfair?

what would you have done in the situation?

also - his assumption I would have let them bend the rules to kill an innocent is WRONG WRONG WRONG >:|

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 13:50 
Excellent Member

Craster wrote:
This is where it would be good to throw in a curve ball.

"Oh no, Hicks' door is broken, he can't lock the marines in any more!"

That might change the expression on Vasquez' face, especially without a doctor :p

I think if I change the rules anymore people will just quit.

Heh, if it goes on any more like this im calling it a day because I did my best and for the most part its just being thrown back in my face.
If Kalmar wasnt so foolish in his defence of SDG he'd still be viable.
the reality is Grim... had only his assumptions of my personality to go on. He only figured she was the Queen with Kalmars help.
it could just as easily have been anyone as i pointed out above and Grim... would have come to the same conclusion.
Like I say substitute any DAC and Grim... - being blocked - would have assumed id done it to save a bad guy.
Its just unfortunate coincidence.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:47 
baron of techno

"Oops" eh ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:49 
Excellent Member

technically its all over now

Colony: all Aliens dead, Marines and Colonists outnumber The Company.

but whether we should keep it running I just dont know

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:52 
baron of techno

By normal rules you would.
But I think it's going to drag from here on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:59 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Lolz.

Burke can still kill, right? Are there enough company to outnumber the marines? If so, then the company can still potentially stop them winning.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 15:00 
Excellent Member

all players see PM please.

for others - last post here might be of interest

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5353&start=30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 15:02 
Excellent Member

Craster wrote:
Lolz.

Burke can still kill, right? Are there enough company to outnumber the marines? If so, then the company can still potentially stop them winning.

There is Burke plus 2
The Company still have a kill or investigate night role.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 15:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Ah, OK - well if the marines stay locked in then, I guess they can't lose.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 15:06 
Excellent Member

correct.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:23 
That Rev Chap

Thanks Kalmar!

Love,

Hicks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:24 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

superdupergill wrote:
If he was the firefight guy(forget his name) and he targetted me and it was denied I think it would be a logical assumption for him to make that I was a power role, and he would know I wasn't a marine because he was a marine.

Out of my head, you.

Marine chatter:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZ1g ... NWRk&hl=en

Note how I didn't wait for the results of the motion tracker. But hey ho - Grim... ahem, the Colony wins!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:30 
baron of techno

Hahah! I must have had you a bit concerned you were wrong though, despite my blunder :D

Frankly I panicked when you role-revealed and read that as 99% sure she was an Alien. I knew something was up then. Well done for picking up that though, even re-reading it now I'm not sure I spell it out at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:31 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

kalmar wrote:
Hahah! I must have had you a bit concerned you were wrong though, despite my blunder :D

I was nervous about SDG, but not you, mainly because a) everyone else agreed with me, and b) you so put your foot in it!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:33 
baron of techno

Yeah, that's what I mean though, I was defending SDG flat out on day 2, pointing out the clue-drop thing. I hope I had a couple of townies convinced.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:34 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

viewtopic.php?p=368337#p368337
;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:35 
Excellent Member

Grim... wrote:
superdupergill wrote:
If he was the firefight guy(forget his name) and he targetted me and it was denied I think it would be a logical assumption for him to make that I was a power role, and he would know I wasn't a marine because he was a marine.

Out of my head, you.

Marine chatter:

Note how I didn't wait for the results of the motion tracker. But hey ho - Grim... ahem, the Colony wins!

reading now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:36 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Grim... wrote:

Reading that again, the speed at which I change my mind is astonishing. I literally flip-flop from sentence to sentence.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:38 
baron of techno

Grim... wrote:
http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=368337#p368337
;)

:D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:42 
Paws for thought

kalmar wrote:
Yeah, that's what I mean though, I was defending SDG flat out on day 2, pointing out the clue-drop thing. I hope I had a couple of townies convinced.

I wasn't really convinced one way or the other. I was sure there was no legitimate way for Grim... to be sure that she was an alien at the point he pronounced it. Frankly, I was more torn by not really wanting to vote off our Gilly based on nothing, though. I wouldn't have had you not put your foot in it, though. Not that it would've made any difference.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:56 
Ready for action

Grim... wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

Out of my head, you.

Marine chatter:

I liked the banter between you and The Rev about you roleclaiming with a screenshot of your PM :p

superdupergill wrote:
He appears to be turning into my nemesisesies ;)

superdupergill wrote:
TheAlbin0Kid wrote:

Well I actually said to Jen earlier that the result of this game evens that out between Grim and I :)

A worthy opponent :kiss:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 19:07 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

I keep reading this as "Left 4 Dead 2 Zone" and being disappointed over and over :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 19:11 
Excellent Member

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
I keep reading this as "Left 4 Dead 2 Zone" and being disappointed over and over :(

Do you wanna play v2 dude?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5376&p=369938#p369938

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 19:13 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

I've retired from Scum games.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 19:29 
Excellent Member

boo to that.

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next