Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: SuperScum: Issue #5
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 18:03 
Excellent Member

Having done some reading im actually going to [vote:superdupergill]

jsut doesnt sit right with me.

Please feel free to lynch me with the promise to actually get the bad guys next time.
On review, I am confident Superdupergill is evil and playing a great game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 18:08 
Ready for action

I am obviously rubbish at this, everytime someone says 'hoi, im innocent.' I'm all like, 'Oh right, sorry, I'll find someone else to be suspicious of then'. To think I'm a scientist...I usually pride myself on my logic! I am clueless. Totally clueless. I have basically told you all at one point or another that I am suspicious of everyone. I was even suspicious of Craster right up until he role claimed! I am really nervous that we are going to do something stupid and get rid of a good guy but to be honest we are clutching at staws right now and as I said, Crasters guess is better than my guess so I'm just going to go with.
Sorry Dave. unless you're a bad guy, in which case- screw you, you murdering psychopath.
[vote: Mr Dave]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 18:12 
Ready for action

Thank you for that underhand compliment there LaceSensor, but if that is what you think, then what qualifies a great game?? Everyone I have said not to lynch has been lynched, and everyone I have voted for too lynch has been spared. This includes me trying to save innocents and trying to lynch innocents, so basically on reflection I think you'll see that the only reason you are all getting suspicious of me is because I have a holiday from work and therefore am able to spend all day in the town square chatting to everyone who comes through and since I have a high post count compared to everyone else and am sharing my thoughts and asking for input you all think I'm evil.
I bet the next town i live in will think the same cos i'll never be there :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 18:13 
Excellent Member

shutup evil beast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 18:15 
Ready for action

I'm not evil...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 18:20 
Excellent Member

LOL you cant fool me.

man this is tricky.
Still, im sticking on you for now.
Even though I dont trust Bobbyaro either.
Ill probably be hilariously wrong. so if the town want to lynch me hurry up as I bet the dead thread is interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 18:50 
Paws for thought

superdupergill wrote:
Ok so if Dave is innocent does that also mean that we know who else is innocent? I will fling my vote in...

Sorry if you are a good guy...

So if we are right, we will have seven players left going into the night, with two bad guy roles remaining? So worst case scenario we are left with 5 people, two of whom will be bad guys.

If we are wrong, we will have seven players left going into the night, with two bad guy killing roles plus a bad guy investigating role? So worst case scenarion we are left with 5 people, three of whom will be bad guys.

I'm a bit nervous.

Ok, at current, we have 8 People.

Possible options (Scum, BS, Town)

1:1:6 or 2:1:5

Kill me, you have

1:0:5 or 2:0:4, as BS automatically disappears.

If the scum kill someone who isn't BS you have

1:0:4 or 2:0:3

That is the situation you're looking at.

What gives me pause for thought is the absense of a second kill last night. The last thing they would've wanted was to advertise their numbers for an utterly pointless investigation, and that is what an investigation would've caused. I'm much more drawn to the idea that Hulk was targetted, and his hidden capability was fending off attacks from certain bad guys, but that's only supposition, but certainly a very interesting idea.

Right. Thoughts on people:

Craster: Is Iron man. Is also somewhat disappointingly targetting me. If it goes through, next time we meet, you'll not hear the end of it.

Mr Dom: I've seen three separate reasons to believe him safe. However, a large part of this has been Crasters behaviour toward him. Also, that he didn't even consider something I said as a threat toward him. If he'd been looking to preserve himself, I think he would've picked up on it, nothing in his behaviour says that he has. If he is bad, he's very good at behaviour control.

GJ: In ordinary circumstances, would be a safe bet as a townie. Reasons I don't think her as the BS come mainly down to that I would've been quite valuble to her dead last night. Offsetting that is that I think I may have given the game away yesterday as regards Owen, and he's certainly a better target if you know his role, so not by any means as conclusive as it should've been. Again, She'd usually be safe as regards Scum, but looking at day 2, JBR was actually fairly keen on killing Runcle, early on and didn't unsettle the charge when it got up steam, only hopping off once the majority had done so, I think he may have been a bit caught out there. And so the day 2 logic isn't entirely watertight.

LaceSensor: Cannot judge him because he's said _nothing_ all game except for a vote on an already rolled man.
This is a little annoying, frankly. If he is town, this has not worked to our favour. Should've worked on him earlier, but he still isn't saying anything. About the only thing he has done is stood up for me and TRO, which did cause a bit of worry, as there was no reason to stand up for me at the time.

Me: If you look back both Runcle and JBR have tried to frame me as a bad guy. I got on JBR swiftly. I could've put up a defense, but I didn't. Given his importance, it'd have been worth a try. It's succeeded before. I could still be BS. But I'm not. Owen would've died day 3 had I been. I picked up on that during day 3 while investigating what I'd missed on day 2 with the advantage of hindsight.

Morte: All i have to go on is his role claim. It is more convincing that others, maybe. That aside

I've made SDG talk lots, I've made her work lots, there should be plenty there for you to make your own choices.

Bobbyaro: "I noticed a distinct lack of people on the streets last night, and a number of people seem to have boarded up their houses, sad times indeed." Kinda smacks of a false roleclaim. And As SDG points out, he is very defensive of Runcle. "Craster is Evil, Craster is Evil, Joans is the real Ironman. (Joans votes Runcle) Ahhhh Joans is Evil, but Craster is Evil. Ooh, Runcle is Venom or Spidey, Don't kill him. I'll vote for the Spider-Gaywood, instead for no reason, despite two ironmen having said Runcle isn't spidey. No I'll vote GJ. She's Evil. Not Runcle! Owen is the SK. he's trying to kill Runcle! DON'T KILL RUNCLE! I LOVE RUNCLE! He's so smooth and runcley". Bobby ain't smooth.

Oh, and I voted for him yesterday. He was the very last person to vote JBR, at the point it was obviously a done deal.

So, do you want to continue voting for me? Now is your chance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 19:20 
Ready for action

Mr Dave wrote:
I've made SDG talk lots, I've made her work lots, there should be plenty there for you to make your own choices.

This made me smile because despite my best efforts I am unable to keep myself from talking circles round myself. Notice how often I post, and then post again straight after? because I keep out thinking myself.
I am still re\lly really unsure. What is BS,am I missing something?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 19:22 
Ready for action

Ok I'm just going to go with what I think was my first gut instinct of the day and
[vote: Bobbyaro]
I think he's bad. maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 19:22 
Excellent Member

Mr Dave, you can be guaranteed Im a townie.
I havent had time to participate to the desired level.
Grim... coulda mod killed me for inactivity, and Ill support this now (if it means it proves Im a townie) and you can lynch a baddie.

Still, feel free to do me in, at least then you can judge who was voting to kill a townie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 19:24 
Excellent Member

If Mr Dave and SDG are townies, and we all have suspicions of Bobbyaro (yes, I also noticed he was last to vote, just as I was going to log on to vote the thread shut - it was a done deal, so perhaps the scum decision was to kill their own to appear innocent?!) we should do him in and see what happens?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 19:24 
Ready for action

I also don't think the Hulk was targetted last night, I think you would know about it if he was. I think that the bad guys probably investigated because they don't want to make the mistake of targetting Hulk.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 19:44 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

bobbyaro: 1 (superdupergill)
superdupergill: 1 (LaceSensor)
lacesensor: 3 (Mr Dave, Mr Dom, Bobbyaro)

Not voted: 3 (craster, goddess jasmine, morte)

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 20:28 
Paws for thought

LaceSensor wrote:
Mr Dave, you can be guaranteed Im a townie.
I havent had time to participate to the desired level.
Grim... coulda mod killed me for inactivity, and Ill support this now (if it means it proves Im a townie) and you can lynch a baddie.

Still, feel free to do me in, at least then you can judge who was voting to kill a townie

Ordinarily my vote would be with Bobby, I'd say the evidence is quite strong there. However doing so would likely lead the BS (Black Spectre) getting his win condition. It's much harder to figure him out. And frankly, from anyones perspective than mine, I'm just as good a target.

[vote: unvote]

Depends on Craster, really. I have no problem with dying. (although I would be sad to be lynched finally)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 20:32 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mr Dave wrote:
And frankly, from anyones perspective than mine, I'm just as good a target.

See, that's the key thing in my mind here. Nothing you've said is anything 'Dave the Bad Guy' wouldn't say.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 20:37 
Paws for thought

Craster wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

See, that's the key thing in my mind here. Nothing you've said is anything 'Dave the Bad Guy' wouldn't say.

Correction: Nothing 'Dave the unattached Bad Guy' wouldn't say.

Fair, but sadly incorrect in the end.

I'd have killed different people, but I have no way to demonstrate that.

(Also, I'd have tried to avoid lynches and not tried to move the game on, as it'd provide a bigger hiding pool.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 20:41 
Best
Board Mother

Craster wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

I'm suspicious of how many times you (Dave) have mentioned investigating, I thought only the bad guys hace investigative roles?

Also, as much as I'm pleased you consider me harmless (which I am) I'm worried that if you are bad, that it will look like I am too. :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 20:53 
Paws for thought

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Craster wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

I'm suspicious of how many times you (Dave) have mentioned investigating, I thought only the bad guys hace investigative roles?

Also, as much as I'm pleased you consider me harmless (which I am) I'm worried that if you are bad, that it will look like I am too. :(

I've said a few people are innocent though. More than could be potential bad guys, and as I'm in the frame for BS, it'd mean nothing if I was found guilty of that.

Quite frankly, If Craster has said I'm going, I'm going. The 2/3 bad guys won't worry, and no townie would want to be 'wrong' and go for it anyway. I'm a risk free kill for anyone.

As for investigating, that means pretty much what it says: Investigating what has previously been said, not everything needs a specific night investigaion role. Most of the times I've said it It'd be stupid it meant what you believe - Craster was known to be Iron man and he could immediately say that I wasn't who I claimed to be.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 22:42 
Paws for thought

Incidentally, I am finding it quite amusing how long it's taking me to get lynched. JBR took no time at all. (Perhaps as I'm not guilty)

I'd rather get this over with though, unless not enough people actually want to vote for me, in which case we still stand a chance of a perfect victory.

Either way some haste would be preferable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 22:44 
Best
Board Mother

Why the rush? We all know in the past that that's been the worst thing the town can do, we have until (5pm?) tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 22:51 
What's this bit for exactly?

Sorry - had a busy afternoon.
Iron Man has spoken...

[vote:Mr Dave]
I'm not convinced you are scum, but then solidarity for town is the key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 22:56 
Paws for thought

Because the lynch is inevitable really. If it isn't you need the remaining time to get yourselves to choose someone else.

There has been more dissent than there was yesterday, but I doubt anyone is going to go against Craster. And I agree with him we need the BS, so changing to our likely Goon isn't the right option, and so I'm not going to advocate it. (Even if he is so obviously in love with Runcle, and JBR to a lesser extent)

I agree with what he's doing, just not the target.

I'm amused that I'm being lynched for being too innocent, and that he can't catch me lying. And hey, if you're going to be lynched, being too good is an awesome reason :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 23:15 
Ready for action

I think that solidarity is important, but I also think that there should be some discussion. I understand Crasters reluctance to say too much about his reasons for voting/not voting for particular people however when we have the time, and when it is likely we are going to lynch Mr Dave anyway, perhaps some dialogue on the subject would be helpful?

Craster, is there a particular reason why you suspect Mr Dave or is it simply because of past experience of him in another town? I'm not saying I think he's innocent because I'm currently finding it difficult to trust anyone, I just feel like we are all deferring to your judgement and whilst I was one of the first to say that your best guess is better than my best guess, I am worried that you only know the true identity of one other person so everyone else is as much a mystery to you.

We seem to be getting a general consensus that bobbyaro isn't coming across as good however as he rightly said, a lot of my reasons for saying this is because of his behaviour on day two and in hindsight I acted in a similar way. I differentiate between us both by saying that i didn't post in Runcles defence quite so frequently or passionatly and I also didn't try to turn the lynch against the rev owen, nor did i suggest that runcle could have a good guy power role.

I think that everyone still feels quite suspicious of Morte and LaceSensor as well. Lets not forget that strange post that Morte left yesterday where he voted for himself which managed to unsettle everyone so much that he hasn't been voted for again I don't think. and as Mr Dave correctly pointed out, LaceSensor has posted nothing of substance all game although he has tried to defend this by saying he has been too busy to be online.

I am not trying to defend Mr Dave because i believe he is innocent or because I am in cahoots (what a great word) with him or anything, I am just worried that we are blindly following someone because we know we can trust him when his information is only a wee bit more reliable than ours. I am also aware that if anyone but Mr Dave gets lynched and isn't bad then everyone will decide that I am Dr Doom reincarnated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 23:27 
Paws for thought

superdupergill wrote:
Craster, is there a particular reason why you suspect Mr Dave or is it simply because of past experience of him in another town?

He watched from above in the first town, and how I helped turn votes away from my slightly evil allies. Since then, I've usually not lasted long in a town as the bad guys have wanted me out. (See where JBR was referencing this, trying to make people suspicious of me just as I'd survived for so long)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 23:39 
What's this bit for exactly?

Half the point is that with one townie power role (Hulk) still unknown, Craster can't say 'Im not voting for xxxxx'. All he can do to be safe is just name someone he suspects. I'm not going to risk lynching the Hulk, cos if my hunch about him maybe being unkillable at night is true, then as long as he's safe its a town win overall - maybe with an SK win too if you are not the SK, but then as far as I know you are as likely as anyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 23:43 
Ready for action

I appreciate that he doesn't want to say 'ok guys, lets not lynch xxxxxx' especially since he isn't aware of any hidden rules etc, however, he CAN say 'ok guys, i dont have a problem with bobbyaro/morte/lacesensor getting lynched instead of Mr Dave.'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 23:49 
Paws for thought

I've given all the evidence aganst that that I can.

I knew Owen was Deadpool on day 3. I had to find out events on day 2 due to bveing out cleaning windows, and after the event it was quite obvious. Owens explanation was too flaky, and Crasters following it was absolute. Craster would know who deadpool was. Deadpool could investigate. Craster obviously thought deadpool had and had found someone. Regardless of whether Owen had been right, Craster was obviously linked to Owen and believed he had insider knowledge, and so Owen would've been my choice.

Had I been the Black Spectre, Owen would've gone at the end of day 3. Not day 4.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:08 
Paws for thought

Meh buggrit. I may not be back before the day end, so I may as well chuck a vote in for a bad guy.

[vote:bobbyaro]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:39 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

lacesensor: 1 (Bobbyaro)
superdupergill: 1 (LaceSensor)
bobbyaro: 2 (superdupergill, Mr Dave)
mr dave: 2 (Mr Dom, Craster)

Not voted: 2 (goddess jasmine, morte)

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:25 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Mr Dave wrote:
Meh buggrit. I may not be back before the day end, so I may as well chuck a vote in for a bad guy.

:DD

I would have to be a pretty poor bad guy for being seen to "support" Runcle so clearly when he was only a couple of votes off being lynched. As it is, I wasn't supporting him, I was simply not happy with the logic being used to justify his lynching, as it happens I was wrong, and Deadpool was right, but I didn't know he was Deadpool, did I?
Likewise with your comment, "I'll vote for the Spider-Gaywood, instead for no reason"

1) It wasn't for no reason, it was for the same reason you have voted for LS today, lack of speech, yet appearing on demand, and saying not much
2) I didn't know he was Spidey, did I, FFS! Only he and Craster knew that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I explained my reasoning earlier. We have nothing to go on today. My strong recommendation is to vote for someone no-one has separately proposed - because there's a good chance that whoever else has put a name forward is a bad guy. Hence voting for Mr Dave - no-one has pushed a lynch for him all game, increasing the chances that he's a bad guy.

Also, I said before that once I vote for someone, I'll have to stick with that someone - otherwise I'll be outing someone else as being 'not-hulk'.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:07 
Excellent Member

will probably rock the vote to mr dave if enough get on board but prefer bobbyaro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:36 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/?t=3697

VOTE UPDATE

mr dave: 2 (Mr Dom, Craster)
bobbyaro: 3 (LaceSensor, superdupergill, Mr Dave)

Not voted: 2 (goddess jasmine, morte)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:24 
Best
Board Mother

Hmm, Bobby and LS could now be voting for each other to try and seperate themselves. :S

I'm not sure about Mr Dave anymore at all, his reasoning seems sound, but I've seen him pull his smoke and mirrors trick before.

I think I'd vote for morte, as we still have no explanation off him for voting for himself unless it was some kind of hidden rule that we don't know about. There's not much point though as no-one else is so it would just be a wasted vote.

I'm gonna go with Craster, simply because it seems to be the safest vote and the moment, and I have to go to work, the chocolate needs me!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 
Excellent Member

ok agreed lets go with Crasters intuition.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:32 
Paws for thought

Finally.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:38 
Ready for action

Ok I will change my vote to [vote: Mr Dave] as well then. Bobbyaro does talk sense and I want to see someone go i suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:40 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

mr dave: 6 (LaceSensor, Mr Dom, superdupergill, Craster, Mr Dave, Goddess Jasmine)

Not voted: 1 (morte)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:46 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mr Dave punches himself in the face, and everybody else joins in. As he's pounded into the sand, his shirt rips open, revealing a rather pert pair of breasts. Rifling though "his" handbag, someone pulls out a purse. There's a credit card inside, and on it the name Maria Castle. Mr Dave was a Townie.

Night actions by 9am Monday, but quicker is better. I think we can finish this off today.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2