Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game VI Day 5
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 23:21 

I thought it wasn't certain due to complications involving the SK deciding not to kill.
If we're almost sure he's the SK and Plissken knows who the godfather is, why don't we lynch Russ?
We can't learn anything else in the meantime, can we?

Just need to coordinate who Runcle will block and you will protect (definitely protect Plissken until he tells us the godfather) just in case Mr Russ isn't the SK?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 23:34 
That Rev Chap

If today ends without Plissken telling us the Godfather I will protect. No cunning bluffs tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:39 

So, a cold light of day summary (mainly for myself).

Our lineup contains 5 suspects; me, Lace, Malc, Gaz and Mr Russ.
Of those Plissken knows who the godfather is (we already know it can't be Russ), but hasn't told us because we should try to lynch the sk first. I think we all agree with this, but without knowing who the godfather is, it increases our chances of accidentally lynching him while trying to get the sk. So, unless anyone can think of a good reason not to, we should wait for Plissken to tell us who the godfather is.

As for the sk, we already know it's not Gaz, and Mr Russ (the opposite of not mafia is townie/sk, not just townie, thanks very much) was blocked last night on a night when there was no kill. Unfortunately, if someone else is the serial killer, they'd almost certainly have tried to kill runcle, who was being protected, so although everything points to Mr Russ, we can't be 100% sure.

Right, I had written a really long post here of how everything might play out, but I've taken it out because it went on for ages.
Basically, if Plissken has id'd the godfather, then he needs to tell us and that's his work done. Rev can then protect Runcle, who can keep trying to block the serial killer until we can identify him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:46 

Hilarious speculation time, just in case it turns out to be true.

*Please ignore this, I just want to be able to say "I told you so" in the unlikely event that it's true*

There is no cop.
Plissken is another mafia goon (or maybe even the godfather), meaning there are two mafia left, but they are choosing not to kill to keep up the pretence.
As a mafioso, Plissken can accurately identify who is mafia and who isn't with the same degree of accuracy as the cop (crucially, the mafia can't tell the sk from an ordinary townie, but neither can the cop).
Plissken sacrificed Curiosity to gain our trust.
He won't tell us who the godfather is, or will tell us the wrong person - having to kill the sk first should buy him some time
Why wasn't Lacesensor on his list of suspects?

*Like I said, please don't lynch me as some sort of heretic for this, I just wanted to say it for a laugh*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:47 

Or, more accurately, the Rev can protect Runcle for one more night before the SK probably targets him and makes Runcle vulnerable.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:48 

GazChap wrote:
Or, more accurately, the Rev can protect Runcle for one more night before the SK probably targets him and makes Runcle vulnerable.

Sorry, I've spent hours on that post and kept chopping and changing bits.
Worst case scenario having Runcle alive one more night should be enough for us to win the game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:50 
Time Out for Fun

Joans wrote:

*Please ignore this, I just want to be able to say "I told you so" in the unlikely event that it's true*

There is no cop.
Plissken is another mafia goon (or maybe even the godfather), meaning there are two mafia left, but they are choosing not to kill to keep up the pretence.
As a mafioso, Plissken can accurately identify who is mafia and who isn't with the same degree of accuracy as the cop (crucially, the mafia can't tell the sk from an ordinary townie, but neither can the cop).
He won't tell us who the godfather is, or will tell us the wrong person - having to kill the sk first should buy him some time

*Like I said, please don't lynch me as some sort of heretic for this, I just wanted to say it for a laugh*

actually that is why I wanted to kill the godfather later to see if we could trust plissken, but it seems such a long winded role claim to be fake, he was giving hints from the first day when he had no idea if there was another cop or not.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:52 

Runcle wrote:
Joans wrote:

There is no cop.

actually that is why I wanted to kill the godfather later to see if we could trust plissken, but it seems such a long winded role claim to be fake, he was giving hints from the first day when he had no idea if there was another cop or not.

Absolutely, it's a massive risk and I don't believe it for a second.
Just chalk it up alongside my "Dimrill is the Vampire Sire and the SK!" post in the VampireScum game (although I did post not long afterwards to say that couldn't be true).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:26 
Excellent Member

so whats going on? by the time I get back from shopping, i want to vote for someone to DIE this time.

bb in 3 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:33 

We can't really do anything until Plissken tells us who the godfather is. Otherwise Rev has to protect him, when we really need him to protect Runcle so he can try to block the SK.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 13:46 

I'm wondering why Spinglo Sponglo! hasn't had much to say about all of this, if I'm honest. It'd be a turn up for the books if he's the Serial Killer, wouldn't it? Hell, he could even be the Godfather trying to stay hidden through obscurity.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 13:53 

I think the whole role-revealing has taken on a new twist this game. We've lynched at least one innocent townie (sorry Jas) on the grounds that other people had claimed townie louder/more frequently than her.

When all the roles are revealed at the end I know I'll be surprised by at least two of them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 14:24 

The possibility of Plissken being Mafia and there not being a cop is interesting to say the least. If it turns out that is the case then frankly he deserves to win just for being so ballsy. Wouldn't really explain why the last remaining goon wouldn't kill though - even though it'd give the game away, the more people they off the better a position they're in to bandwagon. This sort of stalemate isn't really very good for anybody.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 14:27 

GazChap wrote:
The possibility of Plissken being Mafia and there not being a cop is interesting to say the least. If it turns out that is the case then frankly he deserves to win just for being so ballsy. Wouldn't really explain why the last remaining goon wouldn't kill though - even though it'd give the game away, the more people they off the better a position they're in to bandwagon. This sort of stalemate isn't really very good for anybody.

The thing about that plan is that it's a really good gameplan for the hypothetical situation the mafia is in now.
As Plissken dropped hints about being a cop on the first day, it doesn't make any sense for him to be mafia, because they had their strength in numbers at that time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 14:37 
Isn't that lovely?

Sorry, I've been busy, and also I am very confused. Why won't Plissken reveal who the last mafia type is?

I think I need to reread this day (I've only had a chance to skim read so far) and see what actually has happened and been said.

Malc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 14:40 
That Rev Chap

Short version: Mr Russ is - IS - the serial killer, but just in case he's not we're waiting for Plissken to post before the lynching.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 14:44 
Isn't that lovely?

[vote:Mr Russ]

He must be the SK, why would he lie if he was innocent? (unles he is a townie with a night action)

Malc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 14:45 

Unless I'm missing one, the only townies with night actions are already claimed and uncountered.

If Russ is roleclaiming Doctor he needs to straight come out and say it instead of alluding to it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 15:45 
Awesome
Yes

Sorry GazChap, I'm not the Doctor. I fully believe the Reverend in that matter, as when you look at who he said he protected on each night, the facts play out.

I have thought of a way to prove I'm not the serial killer, but it does have one major drawback. It is as follows: Assuming Runcle as the hooker (fairly certain), Runcle roleblocks me again tonight. If I was the serial killer then there would be no kill again.

However, the serial killer is really unlikely to want to not kill two nights in a row just to divert suspicion. He would therefore try to strike. Here comes the drawback: he could hit a townie OR he could choose not to strike again. In which case we'd be in the exact same position as today, and I will back down and let you lynch me (well, I'll probably still argue, but it will be with better grace).

The best possible outcome from this would be if Runcle blocked me, and the serial killer killed the Godfather, in which case Plissken should NOT tell us who the Godfather is, as it will alert the serial killer not to kill that person.

I appreciate that this might not make sense, but I'm not really sure how much more vocal I can be, especially as I don't even know who to divert my suspicion onto. I'm thinking Malc, and as such my vote remains the same, but LaceSensor played the serial killer before, and would be better 2nd time around.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:00 

Are you the Godfather? The SK probably couldn't give a shit who the Godfather is, he can't harm him. There's no reason for Plissken not to tell us who he is.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:02 
Time Out for Fun

It doesnt matter what pleas he does make, hes going to get lynched today, were just waiting to see who the godfather is.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:02 
Time Out for Fun

GazChap wrote:
Are you the Godfather? The SK probably couldn't give a shit who the Godfather is, he can't harm him. There's no reason for Plissken not to tell us who he is.

we know mr russ is not the godfather.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:04 

Oh yeah. God, my memory's shite.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:06 
Awesome
Yes

GazChap wrote:

Don't want to be killed, eh? Ignore my previous plan!!

[vote:GazChap] !!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:15 

Uh... haven't we already proved that I can't be the SK?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:17 
Awesome
Yes

I don't know. i'm voting for you because you're the GodFather.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:18 

There is no reason for Plissken not to tell us who the godfather is. It doesn't really make any difference to the SK as he needs to kill all of us to win.

We really need him to tell us, so we don't lynch the godfather, when we need to be concentrating on the SK. At the moment, the only person we know can't be the godfather (apart from all the claimed townie power roles) is Mr Russ, so we are safe to lynch him.

The main reason we need him to tell us is, just in case whoever we lynch isn't the SK, we want Rev Owen to protect Runcle, as he can block someone and help work out if they're the sk. If Plissken hasn't told us who the godfather is, then we have to waste that protection on him until he tells us and risk Runcle dying.

The day doesn't end until 10 pm tomorrow and it's bank holiday weekend. I think we're going to have to remember real life and just be patient.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:19 
Awesome
Yes

Ahem. I appear to have misread your post, and missed a "not". I thought you said there was no reason for Plissken to tell us who the Godfather was, but in fact you were arguing for the opposite. Sorry.

[vote:Spinglo Sponglo!]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:19 

Mr Russ wrote:
I don't know. i'm voting for you because you're the GodFather.

Gaz can't be the SK and we don't really want to kill the godfather yet because the SK is more dangerous to us.
If you're really a townie, you need to pick someone else.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:20 

Sorry Russ, we posted pretty much simultaneously, ignore my last post.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:20 
Awesome
Yes

Joans wrote:
There is no reason for Plissken not to tell us who the godfather is. It doesn't really make any difference to the SK as he needs to kill all of us to win.

We really need him to tell us, so we don't lynch the godfather, when we need to be concentrating on the SK. At the moment, the only person we know can't be the godfather (apart from all the claimed townie power roles) is Mr Russ, so we are safe to lynch him.

The main reason we need him to tell us is, just in case whoever we lynch isn't the SK, we want Rev Owen to protect Runcle, as he can block someone and help work out if they're the sk. If Plissken hasn't told us who the godfather is, then we have to waste that protection on him until he tells us and risk Runcle dying.

The day doesn't end until 10 pm tomorrow and it's bank holiday weekend. I think we're going to have to remember real life and just be patient.

OK. If I end up being lynched, then IMO Runcle should roleblock Malc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:24 

Right, 4 people can still be the SK - me, Lacesensor, Mr Russ and Malc
We need to lynch one of those today (even me if you think I'm the most likely suspect).
If we get it wrong, then Runcle needs to block one of the remaining 3.
Ideally Rev Owen will protect Runcle so that he can't die tonight, giving him a chance to block someone tomorrow night again, just in case we still haven't found the SK.
Until Plissken reveals the godfather, we can't risk not protecting him, so we're at a bit of a stalemate until he shows up.
I think Mr Russ is only 1 vote away from a lynching, so would anyone like to unvote just in case somebody decides to blunder into the thread and get him lynched before we find our godfather.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:28 

There's only Plissken left to vote, isn't there?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:29 

Me and Runcle too, although Runcle has been party to most of this and I'm not likely to ignore my own advice.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:42 
That Rev Chap

Where the hell is Plissken, anyway?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:44 

Metadata warning.

He hasn't logged in since about an hour after he made that post on the first page. I understand it's the bank holiday and some people might have better things to do than post here (not me though, obviously).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:45 
That Rev Chap

Joans wrote:
I understand it's the bank holiday and some people might have better things to do than post here.

That's just crazy talk.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:46 

The Rev Owen wrote:
Joans wrote:
I understand it's the bank holiday and some people might have better things to do than post here.

That's just crazy talk.

I know.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:48 
Time Out for Fun

The Rev Owen wrote:
Where the hell is Plissken, anyway?

hes been on the claw machien for ages trying to win me a teddy. Id have rather had the money he put in the machine mind.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 16:56 
Awesome
Yes

The penny falls are better. Or those horse racing ones where you bet on which horse is going to win.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:16 
Excellent Member

The remaining Mafia is Gazchap.

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:20 

I had an feeling that might be the case.
Before we lynch Russ, are we in agreement that Rev Owen should protect Runcle and Runcle should block me, Lace or Malc (in the event that Russ isn't the SK, if he is then it doesn't matter).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:25 
Excellent Member

Works for me.

Vote count?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:27 

I believe it's:

Mr Russ - 4 votes (The Rev Owen, Gazchap, Lacesensor, Spinglo Sponglo!)
Spinglo Sponglo! - 1 vote (Mr Russ)

So he only needs one more vote, you want to do the honours or shall I?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:31 
Excellent Member

Who is Runcle blocking?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:32 

As long as the Rev protects him, then he can tell us tomorrow, but if Russ isn't the SK, then me, Lace and Malc are the only other possibilities.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:35 
Excellent Member

Assuming we are wrong, Mr Russ is a townie and that leaves Lace, Malc or yourself, then my FOS is you, then Malc, then Lace.

[vote: Mr Russ]

Can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:37 

Fair enough.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:39 

There is a spontaneous firework display from just outside the park... straining the remaining inmates might just hear cries of "FUCKING FINALLY"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 20:40 

Come on Duds, you don't want the town to fuck this up, and god knows we're capable of doing so.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next