Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game V Day III: The Penguin's Disastrous End
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:16 
Sweet Potato

Plissken wrote:
Dudley and Malc were clearly not lying.

That isn't the case, though: they were both dodging questions and using arguments based largely on rhetoric rather than substance, they both had implausible claims and they both claimed in extremely suspicious circumstances. It was not clear that they weren't lying at all.

Quote:
I don't think Pundy has been either and I expect that his role has changed overnight.

Thats three town roles and you were wanting them all dead.

I don't want Pundyaba dead. I don't think I've ever said so, and I certainly haven't today.

Excellent Member

Craig wrote:
I wish somebody would kill Lacesensor.

As we don't have confirmation on whether we can kill inmates [vote:unvote]

Vote for me then?

Whats have I done to you, exactly?

Best
Board Mother

Vote update?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:17 

Really, I do not mind.

If you have the balls to do it, do so. You seem to want me dead, but then I hope people question why you'd want me dead when I am stuck inside anywhere. When I am found to be perfectly innocent, a useless cop stuck inside a jail, then people can work out for themselves why you wanted to kill someone inside. Have a problem with me suggesting Goddess jasmine, do you? Important to you in some way, is she? I honestly have no idea. It was a stab in the dark because she was absent and non-commital, and as someone (CG?) said, it always makes you suspicious.

Either way, I'm not going to defend myself further because this is the least fun role ever invented :( and that's all I have to say for today. I think I will just wait for people to decide whether to kill me or not . I cannot vote anyway, so there's not much I can do about it.

Time Out for Fun

Ive got faith in lacesensor because comical was sticking up for him in the first day.

Craig wrote:
I wish somebody would kill Lacesensor.

As we don't have confirmation on whether we can kill inmates [vote:unvote]

You can indeed kill me inside the jail, Craig.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:18 
Sweet Potato

LaceSensor wrote:
Vote for me then?

I do think some of your comments this game, and not just yours, have probably crossed the line between "angry cross-examination" and "flaming". I think we should probably consider establishing etiquette guidelines after this game's done along with rule guidelines.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:18 
Excellent Member

Dinner time now. Nice home made soup FTW!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:20 

Indeed, You are annoying and have crossed the line from 'playing a part' to 'being a knob' and ruining the game for people.

Cheer yourself up
Amiga Power Scans.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:21 
Excellent Member

vegetables wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:
Vote for me then?

I do think some of your comments this game, and not just yours, have probably crossed the line between "angry cross-examination" and "flaming". I think we should probably consider establishing etiquette guidelines after this game's done along with rule guidelines.

I never said anything to Craig directly, and anyway, I have explained my actions and apologised for them profusely. If the Rev Owen is (begrudgingly? :p ) happy for me to remain in the game, everyone else should be. If everyone wants me to leave, I'll ask Rev Owen to modkill me, its cool. Im extremely busy this weekend anyway, with band stuff.

Perhaps Craig is just using the "bash lacesensor" rhetoric to avoid actually posting anything useful..the whole "post something but with no substance to retain a presence in the discussion" gameploy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:22 
Excellent Member

Craig wrote:
Indeed, You are annoying and have crossed the line from 'playing a part' to 'being a knob' and ruining the game for people.

honestly, take it up with the Moderators then, because I genuinely dont feel anything about the whole situation now.. its in the past.

I have done all I can to apologise.

Vote for me, convince the crowd im evil, or get one of your mafia mates to do me in.
Eitehr that or petition for the course of action stated above.

If I have ruined it so much for you, either get me out, or leave yourself?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:24 
Sweet Potato

Mimi wrote:
Have a problem with me suggesting Goddess jasmine, do you? Important to you in some way, is she? I honestly have no idea. It was a stab in the dark because she was absent and non-commital, and as someone (CG?) said, it always makes you suspicious.

When was this? I don't think I saw that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:24 

LaceSensor wrote:
If everyone wants me to leave, I'll ask Rev Owen to modkill me, its cool. Im extremely busy this weekend anyway, with band stuff.

Bye then.

Cheer yourself up
Amiga Power Scans.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:26 

Actually, Lacesensor, I wouldn't have called you a 'knob', but I said near the beginning that you really tainted the game with your actions (and I can't believe for one second you didn't think that would be acceptable with the 'no metadata' rule' and you are, essentially, only here because you cheated.) You have put everyone in an awkward position because you attitude and actions stank, but it seems almost proven beyond much doubt (either than possible screenshot fiddling) that you have the role you claim to have. Things in the game might have been very different if you hadn't done what you did. Personally, I think you should have been mod-killed.

That Rev Chap

Vote Update

grim...: 1 vote (runcle)
mimi: 1 vote (lacesensor)
runcle: 1 vote (bobbyaro)
tsumuch: 1 vote (comicalgnomes)
vegetables: 1 vote (plissken)

Not voted: craig, craster, curiosity, goddess jasmine, grim..., kevr, mimi, mr russ, pundabaya, richardgaywood, rodafowa, sheepeh, tsumuch, vegetables, zardoz

With 17 players alive and free, 9 votes are required for a lynch and 13 votes for there to be no lynch.

Best
Board Mother

vegetables wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Have a problem with me suggesting Goddess jasmine, do you? Important to you in some way, is she? I honestly have no idea. It was a stab in the dark because she was absent and non-commital, and as someone (CG?) said, it always makes you suspicious.

When was this? I don't think I saw that.

Me either, I'm not sure who her post was even aimed at.

Sweet Potato

LaceSensor wrote:
If I have ruined it so much for you, either get me out, or leave yourself?

This is a questionable train of logic at the best of times, but suggesting it in a game of mafia which requires everyone to stay in it is especially questionable. There's no need to be so aggressive about anything anyone says. But I do think we should leave this conversation to after the game.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:27 
Sweet Potato

That's "questionable" as a means of argument, not "questionable" as in "I think you are scum". As I don't.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:28 
That Rev Chap

Keep calm people. Keep civil. Please.

LaceSensor had an awful first day, in my opinion, but since then he's calmed down a lot and has been a decent, active player. I'm happy to have him here.

Let's not slip back into the pervious grumpiness, okay?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:29 

Mr Russ wrote:
Also, will you be voicing any suspicions today Goddess Jasmine, or just browsing?

Oh, dear, i am so sorry.

I misread - I meant that in direction to mr russ and thought he was asking if I was going to aim my usual suspicion at GJ, or if I would just be 'browsing'. :smug:

Sorry, must read properly, that was my mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:30 
Sweet Potato

vegetables wrote:
RevOwen: Have you sent reminder PMs to the serious lurkers? You may have said this already, my retention of information is poor.

Ticket to Ride World Champion

I am actually beginning to think LS is roleplaying and he is the Emo Teen. Can we have more than one? However, can we leave the arguements outside the thread, please.

That Rev Chap

vegetables wrote:
RevOwen: Have you sent reminder PMs to the serious lurkers? You may have said this already, my retention of information is poor.

Yes, I have.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:31 
That Rev Chap

vegetables wrote:
vegetables wrote:

Give me a chance! I was having a big poo!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:32 
That Rev Chap

Players in Arkham can be lynched, yes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:32 
Sweet Potato

Mimi wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
Also, will you be voicing any suspicions today Goddess Jasmine, or just browsing?

Oh, dear, i am so sorry.

I misread - I meant that in direction to mr russ and thought he was asking if I was going to aim my usual suspicion at GJ, or if I would just be 'browsing'. :smug:

Hang on. Why does your post imply that you were suggesting Goddess Jasmine was scum if you haven't done that this game? I don't understand.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:34 
Sweet Potato

The Rev Owen wrote:
vegetables wrote:
vegetables wrote:

Give me a chance! I was having a big poo!

I hope you chose your sewer wisely. I read in the Gotham Express someone has put ANGER JUICE into the town's water supply, and I punched the story itself, such was my rage!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:34 
Best
Board Mother

She has, from day one. not for any particular reason though, just a hunch. Since I remember how her hunches went in the first game I've not really worried about it too much tbh!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:37 

Bobbyaro wrote:
I am actually beginning to think LS is roleplaying and he is the Emo Teen. Can we have more than one? However, can we leave the arguments outside the thread, please.

Unfortunately, the 'arguments' are directly about LS's 'proof'.

If you want to ascertain the vailidity of his screenshot, which has had a massive bearing on the game, then you have to wonder at his honesty in whether it was real or not.

I'm inclined to think that it was probably real, but I think others should be able to discuss it if they don't think it is, and, obviously, that is a direct consequence of what he did.

It was a mistake, sure. I hope it wasn't meant just in the sake of being a bit 'off' but still, it's truth does have a bearing on the game. I do not want LS dead because I think he has a bad role, because I don't, and I think it is far too late for a modkill now, and it would be ill-advised, so I do not want to see him dead.

Anyway, this is all pointless debate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:39 

vegetables wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:

Oh, dear, i am so sorry.

Hang on. Why does your post imply that you were suggesting Goddess Jasmine was scum if you haven't done that this game? I don't understand.

I have - two days running I said I suspected GJ.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:42 

Yeah, I'll get ignored, then killed, and you'll be mafia all along ;)

Actually, I'm going to leave this until the day closes, I think. Hopefully I'll be either set free or killed.

I'll say one last time that I am a GCPD cop and in the asylum, and leave you to all make up your own minds.

See you around, or dead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:44 
Best
Board Mother

It's looking like there won't be a lynching anytime soon, and I have to leave for a meal in about 15 mins and I'm still in slob gear. I won't be home late (I hope) so will have a re-read and vote then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:52 
Legendary Boogeyman

Christ, it's now Day 3 and a lot of you are still mumbling about what happened on Day 1 while simultaneously not contributing anything useful to the debate. Less whining and more useful speculation please.

I'd like to see some more role declarations. Since neither Lace, I, or Mimi have been killed I'd say it was fairly safe for any remaining cops to declare themselves. You can fairly rely on me and Lace, Mimi could be lying but as for anyone else we apparently don't have a clue.

I'm sticking with the quiet vote at the moment, whether you're scum or a vanilla townie you need to talk and vote or there's no point in you being alive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:56 
Time Out for Fun

I think in the case of lacesensor I think God tell us if hes a good guy or not as the sceenshot has created way too much confusion. I know the bad guys might have a problem with this especially if he is in their group but I think you all should have a open vote in this day thread to decide if lace should stay or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:58 
Legendary Boogeyman

If Lace is modkilled days after the event I'll leave this game.

This is fucking time wasting and I'm sick of it. Back to the proper game, please.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:59 
Sweet Potato

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I'd like to see some more role declarations. Since neither Lace, I, or Mimi have been killed I'd say it was fairly safe for any remaining cops to declare themselves. You can fairly rely on me and Lace, Mimi could be lying but as for anyone else we apparently don't have a clue.

I was toying with the idea of suggesting just that, but it does make it more obvious to the mafia who the power roles are. However, I am a townie cop.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:01 
Time Out for Fun

ComicalGnomes wrote:
If Lace is modkilled days after the event I'll leave this game.

This is fucking time wasting and I'm sick of it. Back to the proper game, please.

I wish he was mod-killed at the time Im not arsed now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:01 
Excellent Member

Mimi wrote:
Actually, Lacesensor, I wouldn't have called you a 'knob', but I said near the beginning that you really tainted the game with your actions (and I can't believe for one second you didn't think that would be acceptable with the 'no metadata' rule' and you are, essentially, only here because you cheated.) You have put everyone in an awkward position because you attitude and actions stank, but it seems almost proven beyond much doubt (either than possible screenshot fiddling) that you have the role you claim to have. Things in the game might have been very different if you hadn't done what you did. Personally, I think you should have been mod-killed.

Same goes to you then, take it up with someone that can do something about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:03 
Legendary Boogeyman

vegetables wrote:
I was toying with the idea of suggesting just that, but it does make it more obvious to the mafia who the power roles are. However, I am a townie cop.

You'll forgive me if I find this convenient, especially now there are no roles left that can verify it eitherway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:03 
Excellent Member

Craig wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:
If everyone wants me to leave, I'll ask Rev Owen to modkill me, its cool. Im extremely busy this weekend anyway, with band stuff.

Bye then.

You != everyone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:07 
That Rev Chap

Lace was not modkilled at the time, when I was furious.

I am no longer furious. He is in no danger of a modkill.

There's no point talking about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:08 
Excellent Member

ComicalGnomes wrote:
You'll forgive me if I find this convenient, especially now there are no roles left that can verify it eitherway.

:this:

Far too many people are beginning to declare as townie cops for my liking.

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:15 
Excellent Member

Runcle wrote:
I think in the case of lacesensor I think God tell us if hes a good guy or not as the sceenshot has created way too much confusion. I know the bad guys might have a problem with this especially if he is in their group but I think you all should have a open vote in this day thread to decide if lace should stay or not.

im happy with that.
I am also happy for Rev Owen to do whatever he sees fit, genuinely.
He can reveal my role (GCPD cop) so you can alll be sure and stop talking about it so we can get onto the real topic of conversation which is

1 - whom to lynch
2 - who we think is scum

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:17 
Excellent Member

Plissken wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:

:this:

Far too many people are beginning to declare as townie cops for my liking.

There can be as many as 6 cops, I'm not too worried yet.

The problem will be sifting through 7 or more ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:17 
Rude Belittler

vegetables wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
Mr Dave: how did you know Zardoz would be playing the character of a tramp outside of PMs?

Pst: He's dead. Of course this is the DC universe, so he's not really dead, and will come back as "The Glorious Dave" at the end of the game, with super crime-fighting bumming powers.

That Jason Todd can fuck right off... uh, I mean, Holy Magically Reviving Robins, Batman.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:18 
Excellent Member

Pundabaya wrote:
vegetables wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
Mr Dave: how did you know Zardoz would be playing the character of a tramp outside of PMs?

Pst: He's dead. Of course this is the DC universe, so he's not really dead, and will come back as "The Glorious Dave" at the end of the game, with super crime-fighting bumming powers.

That Jason Todd can fudge right off... uh, I mean, Holy Magically Reviving Robins, Batman.

Who is on your stereo now, man?
Something a little more yellow green and red rather than black black and black ? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:31 
Sweet Potato

ComicalGnomes wrote:

I will, I would think the same thing. It's an irritating position where your role happens to be the precise role someone would fake-claim as, and I was a little unsure about claiming because of that. I suspect it would seem more convenient the further the game went on, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:33 
Sweet Potato

However, you will notice that I became more outspoken once I became a pure vanilla, which is the closest thing to "evidence" I can point to. I'm aware it's not very good evidence.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:50 
Awesome
Yes

Nobody answered my earlier question as to which roles are still in the game that can roleblock? I ask for two reasons:

1) I am not very good at this game, and so need things like this explaining to me. Especially about the order of night actions.

2) Nobody was released from the asylum last night, which means the Governor was probably roleblocked, which means I'm stuck in here. Which I'd rather not be thanks, as it means all my suspicion-mongering cannot have a vote attached to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:51 
Rakish Member

Quote:
[vote:Bobbyaro]

You seem to chirp in with comments that incriminate others, don't vote for them (probably so you have a get out if they are innocent) and them melt back into the background.

[vote:Bobbyaro]

I voted Bobbyaro on Day 1 for the reason above and I still think it's valid.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next