Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Game 3 - Day VII - GAME OVER. Town/Cult Stalemate
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 22:40 
Sleepyhead

Craster wrote:
I have to admit, I enjoyed going after Lace like a dog with a bone. That really was fun.

The second you did, I was shitting myself. I wasn't sure if I had gotten it wrong (I had), or if you were going hammer and tongs to convince us that you weren't Mafia by stringing up one of your own. That said, the fact that you tried to get me to lay my life on the line was evidence that I could have been wrong about Lace.

It was worrying, and well played.

It really was a good job I was Bulletproof!

Also, well done to CG for running it.

:)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 22:42 
Soopah red DS

Curiosity wrote:
Craster wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
I was so happy to see you nail Gaz, and for him to be Mafia. If you hadn't done it and had waited, I bet Craster wuld have made me swing. As it was, with Gaz as Mafia and Craster having lobbied hard for Lacey to hang, I got away with the erroneous call.

If Malc had blown you up once Lace was shown not to be Mafia, we'd have had it pretty much won. That was my last real hope. Er - other than the vig claim, which just took too long (I had to go back through past days so I could get my story straight).

The Vig claim was very smart. I actually emailed whoever was alive in the cult at the time and said "Shit, I might just have won the game for the wrong team!". Had Plissken not been following Cult Directives, you could have escaped... or more likely attracted the real Vig, who is then Mafia Toast. You had, however, worked out (or guessed) the Vig anyway.

I really wasn't sure about JBR. I always had him pegged as suspicious, but wasn't sure. I would rather have gone for Runcle, but as I said, time was short. I didn't know I was able to access the net from this hotel.

Yeah, I guess that might have been our other hope - knowing that it was Friday and people would be in a rush and still a bit unsure, if we'd been able to group together on the last day... maybe. But still - good detective work, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 22:47 
Sweet Potato

I was completely wrong about the game balance being off, so I extend a hearty "sorry!" to CG and a bellowing "well done!" to the town and the cult.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 22:56 
Legendary Boogeyman

Don't apologise, it could have fallen on its arse at any time. If a couple of people had done a couple of night roles differently it could have been a very different game, but then you could say that of any game I guess.

Onwards and upwards, I look forward to watching the radically different next game :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 23:20 
Soopah red DS

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Don't apologise, it could have fallen on its arse at any time. If a couple of people had done a couple of night roles differently it could have been a very different game, but then you could say that of any game I guess.

Onwards and upwards, I look forward to watching the radically different next game :D

Hey, that's the beauty - it worked, and I'm sure people have picked up things they'd keep and change - that's the great thing, completely different dynamics for players to cope with.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 23:53 

Curiosity wrote:
richardgaywood wrote:
I'd suggest the Dead Zone thread be moved into the general MafiaScum forum now.

And I've looked back through your posts Curio and I still can't see any role advertising you did!

I said I was paranoid and described my state of mind the same as how it was described in my role profile. I also made a comment somewhere about not being scared of the Mafia. Joans postulated that I might be trying to get the Mafia to kill me, then realised he had ruined my plan and set about recruiting me instead.

Oh, and I nearly flipped at the message from beyond the grave by Joans, where he neatly gave his thoughts on everyone left in the game... APART FROM HIS TWO CULT MEMBER FRIENDS!!!

This was a tragically unfortunate coincidence that fortunately only Runcle picked up on and believed Rodafowa's claim of innocence (from this moment on I actually started to suspect Runcle might be a townie rather than mafia, so it's a good job I was out of action by then). The night before I blew up we thought we'd pretty much got the mafia nailed (unfortunately we picked up LaceSensor in the crossfire), so I was going to go public in the morning as I had nothing special to offer the cult except being a number. After I died, I decided to put it in a diary post, but instead of just saying "I think these 4 are mafia", I set about it a bit more cryptically (ironically, to try and protect the other cult members). Originally it was a lot longer and bits about day 1 and 2 in, but I figured nobody would read it, so I just went for the "I think people that tried to get MaliA/Mr Russ lynched are suspicious, let's look at the day 3 voting" angle. It was only after the fact that I realised I'd left off everyone who hadn't voted at all on day 3, who were, coincidentally, the 3 cult members (including me).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:41 
PC Gamer

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Curiosity, for making some startlingly accurate predictions on roles that were 95% accurate.

Curiosity was definitely the Cult's MVP. Part of the reason his initially accurate predictions were so accurate was that Team Cultist had been talking about them for two days, but every time he had to make a 50-50 call his hunch turned out to be the right one. Great work, man.

A tip of the hat to Joans for pointing me in his direction to start with, and to Plissken who I thought did a great job of flying under the radar and gave us a 50-50 chance to win on the last night.

Given that three days ago the Mafia had 4 of the 11 players left (then 4 of the 10 just before Malc blew himself up!), with just Curiosity and me left for the Cult, I think pulling a Cult-townie draw out of the fire is an absolutely brilliant result. Thanks for a rollicking good time, CG, and a hearty "GG" to everyone involved.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:29 
Rakish Member

Hooray!

As soon as I was drawn as a Vanilla Townie I though my days were numbered, I didn't think I would have avoided both factions, the serial killer, accidentally being killed by the Vigilante/Suicide Bomber/Mimic and the lynch mob, especially when the numbers started getting so low.

I think I was helped by Mr Russ's rather eccentric behaviour, as it helped cause a lot of confusion over how a Vannila Townie would act.

I'm thankful I went onto day shift when I did. I don't think I would have survived yesterday if I wasn't present.
Also, I would have missed out on The Great Mafia Purge of Awesomeville!

Happy with a Town/Cult stalemate, a town win with such low numbers, so late on, seemed very unlikely.

A big thanks to everyone, the last week's playing has been great fun. :metul:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 13:22 
baron of techno

Excellent! It was as much fun watching the last couple of days as taking part..

I won the most because I was 50% cult 50% town kthx.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 13:29 
Time Out for Fun

It was a good game, even after my terrible suspicions of Mr.Russ and MaliA who I did believe were cult, I seemed to realise who were who pretty quickly after two cults got killed in the night, although it was too late really. Im not that happy about the ending though having a vote from someone who didnt even get to see that day and possibly peoples reasonings as to why not to lynch them, I would have thought it would have made a more tense ending if curiosity was actually there having to decide who should get the final vote and lynch.

anyway great game comical, cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 13:33 
Time Out for Fun

Oh also the broken charger was no lie, I did actually get one later to see one of my mafia friends had died, got my night action in, used my mates computer later and another one was dead. Im not sure I could have orchestrated a different finish though if I was present as it did seem like a bandwagon of votes. Oh anyway my main point of this post was that when I was using my friends computer I had the same log in problem many people had a few months ago and realised if your logged out you can see the dead zone, so you may want to fix that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 13:40 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Runcle wrote:
Im not sure I could have orchestrated a different finish though if I was present as it did seem like a bandwagon of votes. Oh anyway my main point of this post was that when I was using my friends computer I had the same log in problem many people had a few months ago and realised if your logged out you can see the dead zone, so you may want to fix that.

Yeah, we were dead men walking by day 4 :0)

I'll sort the dead zone viewable by guests thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 13:42 
Rakish Member

Runcle wrote:
Oh also the broken charger was no lie, I did actually get one later to see one of my mafia friends had died, got my night action in, used my mates computer later and another one was dead. Im not sure I could have orchestrated a different finish though if I was present as it did seem like a bandwagon of votes. Oh anyway my main point of this post was that when I was using my friends computer I had the same log in problem many people had a few months ago and realised if your logged out you can see the dead zone, so you may want to fix that.

Can you see the Dead Zone now?

I still can't.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 13:44 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

KevR wrote:

I still can't.

Check now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 13:44 

I'm not entirely sure I liked that "previously voted lynch" either, but it's not a biggie.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 13:45 
Rakish Member

Craster wrote:
KevR wrote:

I still can't.

Check now.

I can now, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 13:57 
Soopah red DS

Dudley wrote:
I'm not entirely sure I liked that "previously voted lynch" either, but it's not a biggie.

No, absolutely - not something to encourage, but given a best man's speech I'd let him off totally, and it's only analogous to someone having a hunch, agonising over it and then deciding to just stick with it.

And I agree with Runcle - if you'd been able to be online it probably wouldn't have made a difference, I just like speculating, and certainly no blame; I suspect Craster is right, too much suspicion was levelled at us for us not to be picked off by then.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 14:03 
Rakish Member

Yeah Craster is right, Day 4 was far too revealing for the Mafia.

Friday was great fun picking you all off in quick succession after you had stayed so well hidden, such a massive power shift in the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 14:21 
Time Out for Fun

Oh I forgot to say something else, once I saw that I could see the dead zone I had a quick look and noticed that there was a cult left, and I was positive it was curiosity because of how accurate his predictions were. I then started writing a new post for the final day instead about curiosity about him probably being cult and revealing myself as mafia, it was pretty much 2 paragraphs long, saying to KevR it was up to him to either draw or let me win haha. and I had changed my vote to curiosity, went to post it and the thread was locked. It was my final attempt of trying to get something from the game, mainly because I feared curiositys suspicion of me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 14:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Runcle wrote:
once I saw that I could see the dead zone.

Now fixed :0)
Although technically if someone really did want to cheat, they could create a new account and see it. Still, there aren't any overt spoilers in there anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 14:36 
Rakish Member

Runcle wrote:
Oh I forgot to say something else, once I saw that I could see the dead zone I had a quick look and noticed that there was a cult left, and I was positive it was curiosity because of how accurate his predictions were. I then started writing a new post for the final day instead about curiosity about him probably being cult and revealing myself as mafia, it was pretty much 2 paragraphs long, saying to KevR it was up to him to either draw or let me win haha. and I had changed my vote to curiosity, went to post it and the thread was locked. It was my final attempt of trying to get something from the game, mainly because I feared curiositys suspicion of me.

That would have been a pretty desperate gambit!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 14:38 
Time Out for Fun

haha I know, I very much doubted my honesty would have won you over.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 14:59 
Gogmagog

Curiosity wrote:

One question I have is for MaliA. Why Joans? He didn't seem too suspicious at the time, but that might have been because I was only looking to find the Mafia, not the cult.

I was hoping he was Mafia, but I guess hitting a cultist is no bad, either, looking back on it. He'd piqued my interest the day before, coming in rather late to the 'lynch MaliA' bandwagon, so I was supicious. In the end, it was a choice between him and one other, whihc I decided upon by the color of the enxt car to come around the bend as I was commuting in to work, thinking about it. I'd already decided to mimic Malc to see if he was lying or not, and assume that he wasn't so I ahd to make it count.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 15:00 
baron of techno

Craster wrote:
Runcle wrote:
once I saw that I could see the dead zone.

Now fixed :0)
Although technically if someone really did want to cheat, they could create a new account and see it. Still, there aren't any overt spoilers in there anyway.

That's better. If you have to actually take actions to sneak in there nobody will, but as it was you could easily stumble in and read other peoples guesses without actually trying.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 15:04 

MaliA wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

One question I have is for MaliA. Why Joans? He didn't seem too suspicious at the time, but that might have been because I was only looking to find the Mafia, not the cult.

I was hoping he was Mafia, but I guess hitting a cultist is no bad, either, looking back on it. He'd piqued my interest the day before, coming in rather late to the 'lynch MaliA' bandwagon, so I was supicious. In the end, it was a choice between him and one other, whihc I decided upon by the color of the enxt car to come around the bend as I was commuting in to work, thinking about it. I'd already decided to mimic Malc to see if he was lying or not, and assume that he wasn't so I ahd to make it count.

I don't think I actually voted for you though. I did make a few MaliA = mafia type comments, but that's because as far as I knew you could be.
Day 2 was a bit of a you vs Jasmine day, and I was more convinced she was a townie than you were.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 15:22 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I still want to know why GJ pardoned Mali, given that it was between her and him that day.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 16:44 
Best
Board Mother

Craster wrote:
I still want to know why GJ pardoned Mali, given that it was between her and him that day.

Taken from Page 10 of The Dead Zone
Quote:
Because when I voted he was in my top three suspicious people. But towards the end of the night I was beginning to wonder, I didn't want to retract my vote as that would have been seen as suspicious of me by everybody else and I was already fighting them off as it was. I did exactly the same as I did with you, I left my desicion for the night and re-read the entire thread the next morning. This time I found at least 3 posts that suggested he might have been the mime, figuring him might be a townie and more use to us I decided to let him live. Obviously I don't know yet if that was the right decision, I was wrong about you, but that was your fault for being so suspicious.

I do think there is a lot of rush for a lynching though when people need to step back and think for themselves instead of just being sheep.

(You = Myp, he asked the original question)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 18:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Ah, cool - I had 21 pages of dead zone to read when I died, so I skim read a bit :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 19:38 
Best
Board Mother

Craster wrote:
I had 21 pages of dead zone to read when I died

Show off :p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 14:59 
Sleepyhead

Re: advance voting.

I really didn't want to, but there as a risk I wouldn't have internet access until Sunday night, and as such the entire game would have been ended and the fate of the town decided purely on me not being able to get to a computer.

As it was, I managed to get internet access at the hotel, so it wouldn't have mattered.

Not sure what else I could have done, though obviously it's not an ideal situation by any stretch of the imagination.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 15:12 

No I see your point, it just seems a little....off.. you know.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 21:15 
Legendary Boogeyman

I hereby declare it to be totally valid, just as valid as people sending in night actions before it's actually night. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 22:21 

Wasn't fond of that either.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 23:07 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Dudley wrote:
Wasn't fond of that either.

If someone's made up their mind already, I don't see the harm, myself. Especially if it's conditional, like "I'll protect Mr Chris unless he hangs, in which case I'll protect Clam", or whatever.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 23:09 

Yeah, it's better than a proxy lynch vote because at night there's nothing much to swing you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 0:47 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Question: Why was it a draw? Why not do another day?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:09 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Grim... wrote:
Question: Why was it a draw? Why not do another day?

Nobody left could do anything. No night killers were left, and unless someone voted to hang themself, there'd be no lynch either.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:52 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

For some reason I thought there were two of each. Ignore me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:45 
Sleepyhead

Grim... wrote:
For some reason I thought there were two of each. Ignore me.

Nope, just the two of us left.

I have yet to be killed in any Mafia game yet, fact fans!

(though this was to the Mafia's advantage in Game One, as I consistently strung up my fellow townies!)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:25 

[vote:Curiosity]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:25 
Sleepyhead

Dudley wrote:
[vote:Curiosity]

I am so dead next game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 15:31 

I can already see the Curiosity/Comical split-vote that means neither of them get lynched.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 15:53 

Good point.

[vote:Joans]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 16:38 

See? It's happening again!
*Sounds of Comical laughing in the distance*

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2