Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game II Day 1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:52 

I think Craster clarified at some point in the last 12 pages that it does just mean the attempt will fail, not that the whole cult will come crashing down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:54 
Legendary Boogeyman

Gut feeling Dave, something about his attitude, his defensiveness, the way he's accused me. To me at least, it all adds up to a mafia type who is very scared about being lynched.

Right or wrong, I say again, I'm probably dead anyway. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 20:31 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Joans wrote:
I think Craster clarified at some point in the last 12 pages that it does just mean the attempt will fail, not that the whole cult will come crashing down.

Indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:18 
Paws for thought

Ok, Mr Daves notebook:

Voting History:

Page 1:
Grim: Mr Dave
Bluecup: Comical
Lace Sensor: Comical
Rodafowa: Comical
Grim...: Comical
Comical: Bluecup

Page 2:
GazChap: Mr Chris

Page 3:
Craig: Comical
The Rev: Comical
Sir Taxi: Bluecup
GazChap: Comical

Page 4:
Dr OffensiveNameWood: Comical
Sheepeh: Bluecup

Page 5:
Pundabaya: Dimrill
Craig: Grim...

Page 6:
LaceSensor: Pundabaya
Page 7:
Craig: Unvote
Grim... pisses around.
Craig: Grim...

Page 8:
Pete: Bluecup
Dudley: Bluecup

Page 9:
Page 10:
LaceSensor: Comical
Wegetables: Lace Sensor
JBR: Joans

Page 11:
Page 12:

----

Thoughts on people:

wegetables
-Suspects Lace sensor (page 10). I can't help but feel he's onto something.
-Wants to 'FOS' Comical. I have no idea what 'FOS' is, but it both scares and disturbs me.

Bluecup
-Why are he and Mr Comical going at it hammer and tongs? Sounds like a marriage bust up to me.

ComicalGnomes
- Forgot about the roleblocker, despite finding him (me) useful last game
- Page 3 - Suspects Rodafowa, Bluecup and Lacesensor
- Seems to be actively trying to aggravate people. Certainly behaving a little oddly.
- Ignoring cult.
- "While I am not the escapee (and hand on heart, have not tried to be today, regardless of what anyone thinks), I think it'd be super-cool if I was."
Very similar to his ploy last time. "I'm not a mafia, but it would be great if I was, I could come up with all kinds of interesting ways to kill people"

Sir Taxalot
-Quoted himself on page 3. Clearly loves the sound of his voice. (OR rather tried to edit - look at the difference in the two versions)

Dimrill
- Clearly a complete nutter. Maybe not in the game. Managin to post lots, while simulatanously saying nothing.
- Possibly trying to distract the guard from wiping out a townie. Is this a particulary Dimrillesque ploy?

Mr Dave
- Hates sprouts
- Is a townie.

Dudley
- "There is no role blocker this time." - Information he shouldn't know. There certainly is one in the rules

Joans
- Thinks Comical is insane man (page 5)
- Fairly nonchalant towards the idea of being lynched.

Grim...
- Is the scientist. No reason to claim it, and if he isn't, then you'd expect someone to be pushing more for him to die (Only Craig, so far). - either scientist or inmate, either way don't kill. No reason to be trying to out the scientist.
-Suspects Comical, Dudley, Bluecup... Page 4

Gazchap
- Somewhat spurious (and suspciously the same as other peoples) reason for 'knowing' comical as a mafia.
- But not very mafia-like. Questions asked not in line with being mafia.

Mr Chris
- Is a sheep. Rubbish.

LaceSensor
- Did the same thing as Sir Taxalot. Also loves the sound of his voice. Page 3
- Somehow suspicious

Mr Jollyplank
- "I dunno though, although it's early days to be condeming ComicalGnomes, on the first turn there isn't very much information to go on. As Craster said, the best thing to do is almost pick someone at random. Damn, this is hard!"
- Only once killing someone would give us information about them/others. No point in just killing anyone blindly.

craig
- Why is he attacking Grim... - if he is the scientist himself, Grim... isn't mafia. The mafia don't want to out the scientist. Also, if he is the scientist, there's little reason to keep it private, as the scientist is hardly a useful role.

---

Unremarkable people:
The Rev Owen
Pundabaya
Sheepeh
nervouspete

JBR
Rodafowa

--

- People who we could lynch to get further information? Seems like either Comical of Bluecup at the moment. Neither would be a mafia hit, as they either are, or the mafia can sit back and watch us lynch them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:15 
Excellent Member

snore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:28 

So, in conclusion, who should we lynch?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:37 

ComicalGnomes obviously. He is the most desperate to stay in. I can see that my non stop attacking of Comical is putting me at risk but if I hadn't he would of wormed his way out of it by now. I believe him to be evil (mafia/cult whatever) and I will continue putting pressure on him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:40 

I say we lynch Bluecup for saying "would of".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:06 
That Rev Chap

I'm really confused now, but I still think ComicalGnomes is hiding something. I also think other people are, but I'll leave my vote with him for now. If he does turn out to be a plain, simple townie I'm going to feel like an idiot. Again.

(Last game I was absolutely, completely convinced that Mimi was mafia, when she was just a townie person.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:13 
Legendary Boogeyman

Bluecup wrote:
ComicalGnomes obviously. He is the most desperate to stay in. I can see that my non stop attacking of Comical is putting me at risk but if I hadn't he would of wormed his way out of it by now. I believe him to be evil (mafia/cult whatever) and I will continue putting pressure on him.

If you're putting pressure on me, I'm not feeling it. I still say your mafia, and I reckon I'll be vindicated by the end of this :)

Although since when did I forget about the roleblocker? I think you're mistaking me with Dudley, Dave.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:17 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Bluecup wrote:

If you're putting pressure on me, I'm not feeling it. I still say your mafia, and I reckon I'll be vindicated by the end of this :)

Although since when did I forget about the roleblocker? I think you're mistaking me with Dudley, Dave.

For some reason I bothered to go back and read the thread again and I think it's referring to page 2 where you wished there was a cop in the game, so you could announce that you were the cop and have the doctor protect you and not get lynched. Then Grim... pointed out that the Mafia could just roleblock you every time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:25 
Legendary Boogeyman

Pffft, that's speculation about an entirely different game setup and means absolutely naught, I could have easily posted that in the non-game discussion thread and probably should have, given that it doesn't relate to this one.

I can't be arsed too much to contribute to this thread today - I've already said all I need to say twice over so if you're all in a lynching mood do hurry up and move the game along. My insistence that I'm probably going to die anyway isn't a clever ploy, but is likely fact. I won't survive overnight, and if I do, you can lynch me to high heaven on day 2. So if this is a 'tactic', then it's not going to keep me in much longer, is it? I won the last game, if I die this time then I'll survive (or perhaps be ressurected, who knows).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:01 
Skillmeister

*Looks up from steaming open a letter*
Well hello there, I don't often get visitors in the sorting office, what with me smelling of beef jerky and all. I done gone found me this letter in the pile the other day.
*hand over letter*
*On it is written [vote:LaceSensor]*
Being a nice simple townfolk type, I don't know what that would mean, maybe you could ask the sheriff. What? He dead? Heavens to betsy!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:02 

I find it sweet people are assuming I'm smart enough to do the mafia thing and it's not simply that I'm a complete buffoon that can't read a rules thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:15 
Can you dig it?

Mr Dave wrote:
Sir Taxalot
-Quoted himself on page 3. Clearly loves the sound of his voice. (OR rather tried to edit - look at the difference in the two versions)

To be fair, I did own up - I tried to edit my post :droool:

I wonder who (if anyone) the doctor will protect.... Would they protect Comical for a laugh to try and wind people up (assuming he's not lynched), or maybe becuase they believe hin saying is not mafia, or is the convict (to stop him winning)? Or will they just do nothing?

GAH :S , I just hope there are a few deaths to start with so we can have a little bit of info.

If the prince dies early there could be a quite a lot of people getting whacked/murdered/recruited early on, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:20 
Excellent Member

Dudley wrote:

Agreed, lynch Bluecup for grammar-crime. And not because I want more people to vote for him so it seems as if I'm part of achieving something, and am effecting an outcome, for example.

Wait a moment... effecting... oh noes! :'(

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:24 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

nervouspete wrote:
Dudley wrote:

Agreed, lynch Bluecup for grammar-crime. And not because I want more people to vote for him so it seems as if I'm part of achieving something, and am effecting an outcome, for example.

Wait a moment... effecting... oh noes! :'(

It still works in that context :0)

Vote Update

bluecup: 5 votes (comicalgnomes, sir taxalot, sheepeh, nervouspete, dudley)
comicalgnomes: 7 votes (the rev owen, bluecup, grim..., gazchap, rodafowa, lacesensor, richardgaywood)
dimrill: 1 votes (pundabaya)
joans: 1 votes (jbr)
grim...: 1 votes (craig)
lacesensor: 2 votes (vegetables, dimrill)

Not voted: mr dave, joans, mr chris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:29 
That Rev Chap

So as it stands, we need some vote changing to get a lynching at all, because even if all three people who haven't yet voted vote for the same person it still won't be enough for a lynching. Hmm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:31 

The important point to note from that summary is that in order to get a lynch, at least one person is going to have to change vote.

I actually think comical has a point, he's going to get bumped off by someone tonight short of a roleblocker or doc. I still think he's the prisoner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:31 

Damn you owen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:34 
Excellent Member

Hold on. If ComicalGnomes fully expects to die, why isn't he visiting his loved ones and eating his favourite food? You must do this, sir, or suspicions will be aroused. I'm experiencing a certain degree of arousal at the moment, for example. Yes, I'm still not voting for CG, but he is at least slightly suspicious. But not suspicious enough. So vote remains unchanged.

I'm pleased that I've been found 'unremarkable'. As a middle Englander in a quaint little village it has long been my dream to aspire to this class of grey-faced boringness. Though I suspect this state is not through my own efforts but not being around for all the j'accusing, due to watching Mongol and playing Psychonauts last night.

Dimrill is cheerily terrifying, possibly insane. He could very well be the escaped lunatic. Cunning but self-defeating, as Dimrill is good at amusing scary wibble but does it quite often elsewhere as well, so we'd all just assume it's Dimrill being Dimrill and not for example a tragic cry for help from a lunatic. No, hang on.

Mr Chris holds an interesting calm and collected Poirot spectator vibe, despite being in it. Of course, his head isn't on the block yet.

I still suspect Bluecup purely for concentrating all his firepower on Comical Gnomes. Though the recent Lacesensor suspicion going around has got me wondering.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:36 
Sweet Potato

[Vote:ComicalGnomes] then, as all his posting style is dead scummy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:38 
Skillmeister

*kicks down the FUCKING DOOR of the post office brandishing a CUNTING shotgun*
GRAHHHHHH!!
*blast the face off a mother fucking cuntish chaffinch*
HNNNGH RAHH!$
*eyes suddenly focus*
Any letters to deliver?

$[vote:ComicalGnomes]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:38 
Legendary Boogeyman

and there I was about to say that I liked you and everything.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:41 

Dimrill and vegetables seem to have something going on here?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:43 
Skillmeister

Well I am a vegetarian.... *fingers some stamps*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:45 
Legendary Boogeyman

Come on, live or die I'm all about moving this game forward. Vote people, vote.

You're still wasting a perfectly good lynch though. Whatever happenes to me, remember, Bluecup = EVIL.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:46 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Vote Update

bluecup: 5 votes (comicalgnomes, sir taxalot, sheepeh, nervouspete, dudley)
comicalgnomes: 9 votes (vegetables, the rev owen, bluecup, dimrill, grim..., gazchap, rodafowa, lacesensor, richardgaywood)
grim...: 1 votes (craig)

Not voted: mr dave, joans, mr chris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:48 

I think that a lynch for CG is a wasted lynch and I 'd rather we lynched nobody than lynch the wrong person. Therefore:
[unvote]
[vote:bluecup]

Cheer yourself up
Amiga Power Scans.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:53 
Paws for thought

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Bluecup wrote:

No, afraid not.

Mr Gnomes wrote:
It's a shame there's no cop in this one, because my tactic for that would be to reveal myself instantly. Why? Well, I'd just say 'I'M THE COP, SO DOCTOR, WHOEVER YOU ARE, PROTECT ME'.

Nobody will lynch him, the doc will protect him, and the chances of the doc dying early are very small, so you'd get at least a few days worth of useful info you could share with people. If you found a mafia guy, you'd lynch him immediately and it'd be a quick day, and if you'd found a townie, you'd keep quiet until it looked like they were going to be accidentally lynched. Simple!

Ignoring the way the cop would've been roleblocked. Not sure what it would mean, but it's there. It is only a notebook of vaguely interesting things spotted thus far, which may or may not be relevant in the future. And as I said earlier, if I suspect someone, I'll vote for them. If not, then I won't, until closer to the deadline if I think killing them will lead to information.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:55 
Skillmeister

*posts message on the Post Office messageboard*
"Please do not shit on the counter.

At this stage all killings lead to information*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:59 

Dimrill wrote:

We have a volunteer!

Cheer yourself up
Amiga Power Scans.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:01 

I'm not sure I agree with Craig's attitude of not wanting to lynch anyone, however I do agree with his Bluecup voting.
As a former Mafia man gone straight, I have every faith in fellow ex-mafioso ComicalGnomes, I'm sure he wouldn't let me down.

[vote:Bluecup]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:03 
Paws for thought

Dimrill wrote:
*posts message on the Post Office messageboard*
"Please do not shit on the counter.

Not in the way I mean. Killing, say, Dr Jollyplank, would tell us what he was, but that would be it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:03 
Legendary Boogeyman

Mr Dave wrote:
Ignoring the way the cop would've been roleblocked. Not sure what it would mean, but it's there. It is only a notebook of vaguely interesting things spotted thus far, which may or may not be relevant in the future. And as I said earlier, if I suspect someone, I'll vote for them. If not, then I won't, until closer to the deadline if I think killing them will lead to information.

hnnnnng. Read the thread Dave, that was idle speculation completely unrelated to this game. You'll feel so silly afterwards, I guarantee. I stated in perhaps my second post to this game the number of each role I thought there was, and why, which included a roleblocker. I say again, hnnnng!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:06 
Sweet Potato

Joans wrote:
Dimrill and vegetables seem to have something going on here?

Not at all. I disowned him when he STOLE my PLIERS and put them into a FISHBOWL, going "here Mr Rustyfish, here!" as they slowly dissolved.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:31 

nervouspete wrote:
I'm pleased that I've been found 'unremarkable'.

Only someone who has something to hide would say this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:39 
Excellent Member

[vote:unvote]

not sure who to vote for right now.
But I am deciding to NOT vote for CG at present time.

I foresee one of two situations occuring, both equally repellant, as such I dont want to CG to be lynched today / This evening ?!?

Last edited by Cras on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed unvote

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:13 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
You're still wasting a perfectly good lynch though.

But tomorrow is another day in which you can further worm your way out of it without me constantly on your back.

Can't people see that Comical is now trying a another way out of getting lynch. Have we forgotten how he acted like the loon and wanted to get lynched earlier?

All I've done is stuck by my guns, pointing out how Comical is desperate not to get the chop and his changing tactics to achieve that. All that's against me is my aggression to drive home my point.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:18 
Legendary Boogeyman

Behold my lack of desperation, it's only a game, Bluecup.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:18 
Paws for thought

Patterns:

People who have at one point voted for Comical
: Bluecup, Rodafowa, Grim..., Craig, The Rev, Gazchap, Dr Gaywood, Lacesensor,Wegetables, Dimrill

People who have at one point voted for Bluecup
: Comical, Sir Taxi, Sheepeh, Pete, Dudley, Craig, Joans.

Interestingly, only one person is common to both lists.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:27 

And so the town is split, with Craig dashing between the two camps and a couple of stragglers forming their own party somewhere off to the side.
Is Bluecup mafia? Is ComicalGnomes mafia? Are they both Mafia? Who knows (except them, and the mafia), shall we just kill someone and get it over with?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:28 
Excellent Member

GazChap wrote:
nervouspete wrote:
I'm pleased that I've been found 'unremarkable'.

Only someone who has something to hide would say this.

Yeah, it was entirely purposeful. I'm not suicidal. I just felt really lonely and uncommented on. :'(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:33 

Joans wrote:
Are they both Mafia?
I've been pondering this one myself. They'd be playing a very clever game if so, as this would have to be planned from the start, and they couldn't have guaranteed to split the vote; it could easily have ended up with a majority going one way or the other and getting one of them chopped.

I think it's likely that one of them is a mouthy Mafioso who's taking a different tactic to the "keep quiet" approach the mafia adopted in the first game. Perhaps one of them suspects the other of being a special Townie with a power, or the Cult Leader, or something. I really don't know which one though. I'm tempted to unvote but I think I'll keep my vote for ComicalGnomes for now on the grounds that I might as well vote for one of them and I have no grounds (yet) to choose one over the other.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:52 
Legendary Boogeyman

C'mon Richard, we both have highly mockable surnames. You have to support your maligned kin in things like this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 13:04 
Paws for thought

With not a certain amount of hesitation,

[vote: BlueCup]

Mainly as he seemed to want to kill Comical just that bit too much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 13:05 
Excellent Member

fuck it, ill go with that

[vote:BlueCup]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 13:06 

Mr Dave wrote:
With not a certain amount of hesitation,

[vote: BlueCup]

Mainly as he seemed to want to kill Comical just that bit too much.

I just really REALLY believe Comical is evil.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 13:09 

I think we should hang one of the two of them, and I don't much care which one. If it continues to slide this way I'll throw my hat into the ring too. I think Bluecup is up to 9 votes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 13:10 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Vote Update

bluecup: 9 votes (comicalgnomes, sir taxalot, mr dave, sheepeh, nervouspete, dudley, joans, craig, lacesensor)
comicalgnomes: 8 votes (vegetables, the rev owen, bluecup, dimrill, grim..., gazchap, rodafowa, richardgaywood)

Not voted: mr chris

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next