Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game II Day 1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 16:59 
Skillmeister

Grim... wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
I'm but a humble postie what does like a-shovin' things through small slots, eh there good ole Grim...? We's awful ignorant, ain't we Grim...?

What's ignorant mean?
:(

I DUNNO! BUT WE'S IT! Hur hruhrhur hur!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:00 
Paws for thought

Ok.... Comical, question for you.

Tell us about the Cult.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:03 

Mr Dave wrote:
I know who my moneys on, and it's neither of the current majority votes. There seems little to no reason why they have been voted for.

I thought I've made my case against ComicalGnomes quite clear. From him trying to provide useful info (trying to keep in the game) from him counter accusing me and others of block voting to then acting like a loon to make out being the Loon, to then concentrate on me as being Mafia with no evidence to now being logical and trying to get people to revel their roles. He has been flip flopping all day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:05 
PC Gamer

Mr Dave wrote:
Ok.... Comical, question for you.

Tell us about the Cult.

Comical is Ian Astbury?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:06 
Paws for thought

We'll see... When he replies.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:14 

Bluecup wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
I know who my moneys on, and it's neither of the current majority votes. There seems little to no reason why they have been voted for.

I thought I've made my case against ComicalGnomes quite clear. From him trying to provide useful info (trying to keep in the game) from him counter accusing me and others of block voting to then acting like a loon to make out being the Loon, to then concentrate on me as being Mafia with no evidence to now being logical and trying to get people to revel their roles. He has been flip flopping all day.

Indeed, it's as if he's mental or something...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:19 
PC Gamer

Dudley wrote:
Bluecup wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Indeed, it's as if he's mental or something...

Which suggests that he isn't. The last thing the Loon would want to do is look like a Loon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:23 

No that's fine, so long as he gets killed on day 1 he's ok, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:26 
Paws for thought

And from a townie point of view, then we don't want to kill him, as if he is, he'll die anyway, and we've wasted both time and a lynching, and if he's not...

We'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:29 

Indeed, which is why I've voted for a mafioso instead.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:31 
Can you dig it?

Mr Dave wrote:
And from a townie point of view, then we don't want to kill him, as if he is, he'll die anyway, and we've wasted both time and a lynching, and if he's not...

We'll see.

Hmmmmm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:34 
Paws for thought

Sir Taxalot wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

We'll see.

Hmmmmm

Look at last time. I always qualified things from who would be thinking of them.
Also, I never said who I was (Something to do with disliking outright lies). This time, I'm merely a townie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:50 
Can you dig it?

Mr Dave wrote:
Look at last time. I always qualified things from who would be thinking of them.
Also, I never said who I was (Something to do with disliking outright lies). This time, I'm merely a townie.

I didn't follow the last one as I was too late to try and get involved. To be frank I don't really feel like reading 40+ pages of it to see what went on (especially after reading the whole pistonheads thread about prison experiences :'( ).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:51 
Sweet Potato

Mr Dave wrote:

But we do get a townie into the deal. What it does do is make the cult stronger, but I'm not sure that wouldn't be the case if the guard found him later on.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:52 
Rude Belittler

Dimrill wrote:
Ho ho! What's all this then? I come back from deliverin' my parcels and letters, and find you a-arguein' and a-bickerin' about hangin' some poor fella. Well sir, I'm but a humble postie what does like a-shovin' things through small slots, eh there good ole Grim...? We's awful ignorant, ain't we Grim...? Well now, I'm off to do some sortin' at the office.
*drives off down the road*
*Mrs Hubbard rides her bike straight under the wheels of the postvan. Bones crunch and crack hideously as the tyres run over her flesh. A thud resounds as the back wheel catches her skull, splitting it open and disgorging brain matter which squirts across the road.*
Ho ho! See you around the corner, Mrs Hubbard.

*points at quote box*

What the hell is he on about? Dimrill is either the escaped lunatic or Serial Killer. Look at it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:52 
Paws for thought

vegetables wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

But we do get a townie into the deal. What it does do is make the cult stronger, but I'm not sure that wouldn't be the case if the guard found him later on.

I actually have no idea what you just said. Any chance of re-explaining it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:56 
Paws for thought

Sir Taxalot wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

I didn't follow the last one as I was too late to try and get involved. To be frank I don't really feel like reading 40+ pages of it to see what went on (especially after reading the whole pistonheads thread about prison experiences :'( ).

The important part of it was: last time I was mafia, and never claimed I was a townie. This time, I am. It's something of a relief, really.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 17:57 
Skillmeister

*sups some delicious Not Tea*
Ooh Eck. Can't a postman go about his business without being accused of being a serial killer any more? Just because I have a dead letter office, don't hold that against me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:13 
Skillmeister

Oh, Lord loves a hangin'
That's why he gave us necks
It tightens up our vocal chords
And loosens up our pecs.

So if you are a Mafia goon
And guilty to the bone
Go ahead and blame a friend
And you won't hang alone.

It may be hard to swaller
But you'll be three feet taller
It's a dandy way to entertain your friends.

And say you are a villain
But can't abide by killin'
Go ahead and slit yourself a throat.

Oh, Lord loves a hangin'
And so do we, by heck
So get yerself a lasso
And decorate your neck.

Oh, we is awful ignorant
And uglier'n sin
So go ahead and cut us down
And hang us all again.

Hangin' that is
Swing a spell
Y'all bring the kids now, y'hear?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:14 
Legendary Boogeyman

MrDave's earlier question, which I assume accuses me of being the cult leader - I haven't actually touched on the cult so far, because on Day 1, the 'cult' is just one guy and much less of a threat than the 3 or 4 mafia who will be killing a townie tonight. In a couple of days, assuming the cult recruitment has been successful, they might be worth paying attention to, however they're a pretty harmless faction as they don't kill anyone. I'd target the killing-types first.

Bluecup obviously wasn't following the last game very well. My alleged 'flip-flopping' is actually just me talking from different angles, just like I did last time. You can lynch me up, and kill me, and this will still be true. BC's constant accusations of me being this, that and the other are a very defensive and novice reaction from someone who is clearly a mafia plebian.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:16 
Sweet Potato

Mr Dave wrote:
vegetables wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

I *think* when the escapee dies then the guard becomes a townie who wins with the town, as opposed to a self-aligned player who wins when he finds the guy, whereupon (I *think*) they're both removed from the game. So if we lynch the escapee, we'll end up with an extra townie, but the cult will be stronger because that's two less players it can't waste a night failing to recruit. Is that clear at all? I don't know. I'm not sure it's immediately obvious what best to do in this situation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:18 

Craster has said that the guard remains with the town whether the prisoner is caught or dies, so presumably the guard could win twice, but we won't lose an extra person if we lynch the prisoner. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:20 
Sweet Potato

ComicalGnomes wrote:
MrDave's earlier question, which I assume accuses me of being the cult leader - I haven't actually touched on the cult so far, because on Day 1, the 'cult' is just one guy and much less of a threat than the 3 or 4 mafia who will be killing a townie tonight. In a couple of days, assuming the cult recruitment has been successful, they might be worth paying attention to, however they're a pretty harmless faction as they don't kill anyone.

Bollocks. The cult is the largest threat in the game, and if we can kill them before they become a monster we certainly should. I actually think there's a chance this game's cult is broken, and has far more chance of winning than any other alignment, but we'll have to wait and see. Cult recruitment probably will be successful, and they grow alarmingly quickly if left unchecked. If the prince dies early on, they will be almost unstoppable. This is disingenious enough to [FOS: ComicalGnomes]. Do we have FOS on BEEX? I do not know!

Last edited by Grim... on Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed tags

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:21 
Skillmeister

vegetables wrote:
This is disingenious enough to [FOS: ComicalGnomes]. Do we have FOS on BEEX? I do not know!

eyyyyyy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:21 

The thing about the cult is that one minute it's dangerous and needs to be stopped, the next minute, you're in it.
Unless we get rid of the leader quickly, people are probably going to want to be recruited.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:23 
Legendary Boogeyman

What I said was chap is that on day 1 I'd rather target someone who's going to kill a townie. The cult don't kill anyone, so for at least the first day, it's better to go after a killer?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:28 
Sweet Potato

ComicalGnomes wrote:
What I said was chap is that on day 1 I'd rather target someone who's going to kill a townie. The cult don't kill anyone, so for at least the first day, it's better to go after a killer?

No. It's good to go after anyone who'll reduce the town's numbers, which the cult does as well as the mafia. Whether killed or converted doesn't seem all that important.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:34 
Legendary Boogeyman

Ok, I see you point on that. This version has lots of funky roles and the cult dude is just one guy for today. The mafia will definitely be killing someone tonight (me, I expect) whereas any number of things could mess up for the cult guy. He could pick one of the many roles that won't convert, be mob-killed, be serial-killer killed, vigilante-killed, grim's crazy machine killed, etc.

Actually the vast number of ways to die in this game does rather make me think it'll all by over by day 3. Even if you let the cult run wild they'd only have 3 members at best - not much of a threat.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:36 
Sweet Potato

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Ok, I see you point on that. This version has lots of funky roles and the cult dude is just one guy for today. The mafia will definitely be killing someone tonight (me, I expect) whereas any number of things could mess up for the cult guy. He could pick one of the many roles that won't convert, be mob-killed, be serial-killer killed, vigilante-killed, grim's crazy machine killed, etc.

Actually the vast number of ways to die in this game does rather make me think it'll all by over by day 3. Even if you let the cult run wild they'd only have 3 members at best - not much of a threat.

This is true. I'm not sure myself if the cult is weakened by having so many ROLES OF RANDOM DEATH running around. I do think having no cop makes it auto-stronger, though. Remember, also, that the cult can disable town roles without us knowing about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:40 
Legendary Boogeyman

While I am not the escapee (and hand on heart, have not tried to be today, regardless of what anyone thinks), I think it'd be super-cool if I was. Last time I suggested a role where the aim was to get yourself killed, or to be able to commit suicide for confusion purposes. Suffice to say if I was the escapee I could do a far better job of 'accidentally' implicating myself of something than I apparently have so far.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:41 
Paws for thought

vegetables wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
vegetables wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

I *think* when the escapee dies then the guard becomes a townie who wins with the town, as opposed to a self-aligned player who wins when he finds the guy, whereupon (I *think*) they're both removed from the game. So if we lynch the escapee, we'll end up with an extra townie, but the cult will be stronger because that's two less players it can't waste a night failing to recruit. Is that clear at all? I don't know. I'm not sure it's immediately obvious what best to do in this situation.

The rules wrote:
Asylum Guard - You are a guard from the local lunatic asylum, come to town to track down an escapee. Once per night phase you can PM me the name of a player. If that player is the Escaped Inmate, they will be arrested and taken back to the asylum. Your win condition is Guard. If the inmate dies, your win condition becomes Town.

Basically, the guard should mainly be playing as town, but non violently trying to get the inmate. Basically, it's a side game to the rest of us, except the cult (Who would finger them as mafia) and so doesn't really concern us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:44 
Paws for thought

vegetables wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:
MrDave's earlier question, which I assume accuses me of being the cult leader - I haven't actually touched on the cult so far, because on Day 1, the 'cult' is just one guy and much less of a threat than the 3 or 4 mafia who will be killing a townie tonight. In a couple of days, assuming the cult recruitment has been successful, they might be worth paying attention to, however they're a pretty harmless faction as they don't kill anyone.
Quote:

Bollocks. The cult is the largest threat in the game, and if we can kill them before they become a monster we certainly should. I actually think there's a chance this game's cult is broken, and has far more chance of winning than any other alignment, but we'll have to wait and see. Cult recruitment probably will be successful, and they grow alarmingly quickly if left unchecked. If the prince dies early on, they will be almost unstoppable. This is disingenious enough to [FOS: ComicalGnomes]. Do we have FOS on BEEX? I do not know!

They can only expand so long as the cult leader remains alive. He's really the only cult target we need have until the end game. Obviously finding other cult members would be fairly handy in finding him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:45 
INFINITE POWAH

Fucking hell. I've got to wade through 12 pages before deciding who to vote on? It may be easier to just follow the majority. Baaaaa. BAAAAA.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:47 
Legendary Boogeyman

Don't do it Chris, use your lawyery skills to convince everyone that I'm actually innocent :kiss:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:48 
Skillmeister

*flaps and glides through the heavens*
HNNGH!
*flaps more to stay airbourne*
*drops a mewling terry-towling wrapped parcel into Mr Chris' house*
Christ it was easier when they were found under cabbages...
*beats wings to get back to the office.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:50 
Legendary Boogeyman

I liked it better when you were my cogent mafia don :ninja:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:52 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I liked it better when you were my cogent mafia don :ninja:

Are you kidding? This is awesome, he's like the village crackpot or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:56 
INFINITE POWAH

Sheepeh wrote:
Hmm..both Mr.Chris and Comical have shown themselves to be incredibly slippery customers already, so who knows if what they say is true? I think they can both lie pretty well when they need to!

I haven't got to the rest of the thread yet, but felt the need to defend myself against this defamation - I was the cop last time, for goodness sake! Are you trying to imply I was a bent copper or something? Grrrrrrr.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 18:59 
Paws for thought

ComicalGnomes wrote:
MrDave's earlier question, which I assume accuses me of being the cult leader - I haven't actually touched on the cult so far, because on Day 1, the 'cult' is just one guy and much less of a threat than the 3 or 4 mafia who will be killing a townie tonight. In a couple of days, assuming the cult recruitment has been successful, they might be worth paying attention to, however they're a pretty harmless faction as they don't kill anyone. I'd target the killing-types first.

Bluecup obviously wasn't following the last game very well. My alleged 'flip-flopping' is actually just me talking from different angles, just like I did last time. You can lynch me up, and kill me, and this will still be true. BC's constant accusations of me being this, that and the other are a very defensive and novice reaction from someone who is clearly a mafia plebian.

No accusation - I would've voted that way had I been, but probing for information certainly. In a post on the 1st page, you ignore the cult having listed them as a possibility. Hence why it was you I asked.

They are essentially a killing type, if you assume you're going to remain as a townie. If you'd rather play it from a 'get recruited into the cult and walk away with victory that way'....

Bear in mind that you were mafia last time, drawing angles from that may well be a bit dim-witted.

Anyway, the cult:

- Possible similar block voting tactics after a while.
- Good scouts for mafia, SK, inmate and guard - they won't know which is which, but they will be able to find them.
- And so watch for people who uncannily know who to target in such a way.
- Their main targets will be roled characters, as they will be useful to them. (Think: Scientologists going after celebs, politicians and lawyers).
- Except the scientist, who's pretty much useless to anyone (Sorry, Grim..., but you are essentially a bomb waiting to go off)
- Also: the prince. No need to hold him, as his role only comes into play on death.
- Watch for changes of play style in people. Good sign they have been culted - but again, don't worry about them over the leader until you have found him. Unless:
- The vigilante in cult hands is extraordinarily dangerous, it basically turns them into a mafia+. As does the doctor.
- So if these people become obvious, expect them to be culted, or soon to be culted.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:10 
INFINITE POWAH

Mr Dave wrote:

Anyway, the cult:

- Their main targets will be roled characters, as they will be useful to them. (Think: Scientologists going after celebs, politicians and lawyers).

I'd like to think lawyers would be sensible enough to (i) be immune to Scientlogy's "charms" or (ii) be the ones running the cult.... :)

comical wrote:
Don't do it Chris, use your lawyery skills to convince everyone that I'm actually innocent

Hmm. Innocent of what? I'm leaning towards you being the escaped inmate. Or maybe not, as if you lay it on too thick the guard will nab you and that's your game over. So maybe not.

I shall reserve judgement so far, but one thing's for sure - either you or Bluecup are a baddie (be it mafia, SK or cult), so I shall be watching with interest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:12 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Vote Update

bluecup: 5 votes (comicalgnomes, sir taxalot, sheepeh, nervouspete, dudley)
comicalgnomes: 7 votes (the rev owen, bluecup, grim..., gazchap, rodafowa, lacesensor, richardgaywood)
dimrill: 1 votes (pundabaya)
joans: 1 votes (jbr)
grim...: 1 votes (craig)
lacesensor: 1 votes (vegetables)

Not voted: dimrill, mr dave, joans, mr chris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:14 

If the Cult Leader is killed, do any Recruited Cultists revert back to their previous roles or stay as cult members?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:16 
INFINITE POWAH

I think they stay as cultists and win condition for them stays at cult - I think it was mentioned somehere in teh last 12 pages.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:24 

Yeah, I asked that earlier. So if someone gets recruited on the first night, then the leader gets killed, the guy that got recruited is pretty screwed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:28 
Legendary Boogeyman

My earlier argument was pretty solid I think. I've resigned to the fact some bugger is going to kill me tonight, so you're all really better off lynching Bluecup who, to me, is obviously a bad guy. If I'm wrong, then hey, it's fine, because I'll die tonight and you'll find out that I was just a plain townie after all, otherwise you'll have wasted a lynch. If I survive the night, well, that'd be enough to see me lynched swiftly tomorrow anyway.

Bottom line being, I'm pretty well minded up to die before or during Day 2 because one of the kill-roles is going to suspect me of something enough to kill me. While I remain innocent, you're better off not wasting today's lynch on me, yes?

If I'm mafia, then I've been tirelessly accusing Bluecup all day, you'll know it, and I'll be lynched immediately.
If I'm the escapee, you're doing me a favour, bravo!
If I'm the cult leader, I'd only be able to recruit one person before either death tonight or probable lynch tomorrow, so there's no risk there either.

Seriously chaps, what I'm suggesting here is pretty much win-win. I don't expect to live after today so I'm actually just giving you decent advice. Like I said earlier, I had a full run of the last game, so I'll take it on the chin.

To summarise, lynch Bluecup, ftw.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:40 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Um, it's not that easy for the cult - if they recruit a mafia chap, they lose. So they've got to be careful about who they choose.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:44 
Paws for thought

If they try to recruit a mafia chap, the recruitment attempt fails. That's all.

Hence how they can scout for mafia.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:46 
Excellent Member

vegetables wrote:
[Vote:LaceSensor]

As he's now twice voted while giving no reason as to why he's done so when CG was in the "lynch-o-danger-zone". That looks like bandwagoning to me, which is a sign of HOPELESS SCUMICITY.

muhahahhahaah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:50 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mr Dave wrote:
If they try to recruit a mafia chap, the recruitment attempt fails. That's all.

Hence how they can scout for mafia.

Aha. I read the rules to mean 'fail at the game', but I agree with you.

Quote:
You will fail if you attempt to recruit a Mafia member, the Serial Killer, the Asylum Guard, or the Escaped Inmate.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 19:51 
Paws for thought

ComicalGnomes wrote:
My earlier argument was pretty solid I think. I've resigned to the fact some bugger is going to kill me tonight, so you're all really better off lynching Bluecup who, to me, is obviously a bad guy. If I'm wrong, then hey, it's fine, because I'll die tonight and you'll find out that I was just a plain townie after all, otherwise you'll have wasted a lynch. If I survive the night, well, that'd be enough to see me lynched swiftly tomorrow anyway.

Bottom line being, I'm pretty well minded up to die before or during Day 2 because one of the kill-roles is going to suspect me of something enough to kill me. While I remain innocent, you're better off not wasting today's lynch on me, yes?

If I'm mafia, then I've been tirelessly accusing Bluecup all day, you'll know it, and I'll be lynched immediately.
If I'm the escapee, you're doing me a favour, bravo!
If I'm the cult leader, I'd only be able to recruit one person before either death tonight or probable lynch tomorrow, so there's no risk there either.

Seriously chaps, what I'm suggesting here is pretty much win-win. I don't expect to live after today so I'm actually just giving you decent advice. Like I said earlier, I had a full run of the last game, so I'll take it on the chin.

To summarise, lynch Bluecup, ftw.

It seems the only reason you have is that he targetted you. If he's a townie with suspicions (and I can't say I'd blame him), you're screwed either way.

I can't see any sensible reason for you taking the line you are.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next