Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cylon Scum 1: Meeting
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:37 
Ready for action

I don't know how much further we're going to be able to take this conversation. People who haven't voted should vote I think (even if their preference is for a no vote, vote for that to make your intentions known. )
People who have voted for someone who only has a small number of votes, either go for someone else or ask us to change our votes. If you have reasons for voting the way you have you should say. I want to go home, just sitting around and waiting for the Cylons to find us is not a good tactic.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:51 
What's this bit for exactly?

zaphod79 wrote:
Plants are great , I mean , look at this nice bit of grass here , it has some green stuff on the top , and all the interesting root system underneath , and it generally has a purpose and goes in one direction , the green stuff goes up , and the roots coil into the ground , but the plant doesnt just stop , loop itself into a circle and refuse to budge.

I think i'm starting to side with Squirt and think we could have one less person on the ship and more plants.

Have you been at the special plants again?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:09 
INFINITE POWAH

Craster wrote:
Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Right, I've been planting soil samples

I'm pretty sure they won't grow.

Which one of us is the soil expert, eh? EH?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:17 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Ok my argument is... killing a human is helping the cylons.

Randonly choosing some one now could be bad as we could kill a pilot, investigator or protector.... that would be really really bad!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:31 

I can see your point mate, but although the numbers are against us it's still really better to lynch than otherwise.

If we don't vote anyone out, then we'll come back tomorrow morning and we'll probably be one fewer than we were today.

If we do vote someone out, then yes, there's a (relatively high) chance that we'll vote one of our own out, and if we do then we'll probably be two fewer than today, this time tomorrow.

But, there's always the chance that we'll vote off a Cylon, which is really what we should be trying to do as we're on borrowed time here.

[vote:KovacsC] - it seems possible that pressing for the nolynch means he really doesn't want to be voted off, because he's a bad guy. Probably wrong though, as it'd be pretty silly to stick your head up that high on day 1.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:33 

Just doing my job...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:37 
Excellent Member

KovacsC wrote:
Just doing my job...
If thats a roleclaim its mcuh subtler than mine have been

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:39 
Paws for thought

KovacsC wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
what do you mean no info, we get an investigation or two.

we get that anyway.

Not if we kill one tonight..

You're hovering very close to a role claim there, sir.
zaphod79 wrote:
Plants are great , I mean , look at this nice bit of grass here , it has some green stuff on the top , and all the interesting root system underneath , and it generally has a purpose and goes in one direction , the green stuff goes up , and the roots coil into the ground , but the plant doesnt just stop , loop itself into a circle and refuse to budge.

The plants are increasingly distressed due to your innappropriate frondling.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:06 
Ready for action

Has this been a rollercoaster ride or what! I have been unhappy with my vote for Kovacs since I put it in because I even in the post I made when I voted for him I was talking myself out of it, I just found it hard not to vote for him when he was so totally opposite to what everyone seems to want to do.

I started reading Gazchaps post there and it immediatly seemed odd to me but when I reached the end and saw he'd then voted for Kovacs after everything else he had said it made me feel like that was a bit...'off'. I can't really put my finger on what it was but something doesn't seem to match between the tone and content of the speech followed by the vote.

So [vote:Gazchap]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:09 

superdupergill wrote:
Has this been a rollercoaster ride or what! I have been unhappy with my vote for Kovacs since I put it in because I even in the post I made when I voted for him I was talking myself out of it, I just found it hard not to vote for him when he was so totally opposite to what everyone seems to want to do.

I don't want to kill an innocent if we can help it, so if that is opposite.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:13 
Ready for action

KovacsC wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

Don't twist my words and make me vote for you again! I want to vote, you don't want to vote. Opposite.

I don't want to LEAVE BEHIND an innocent either BUT NOT ALL THE GOOD GUYS WILL EVEN FIT ON THE SHIP.

We have to leave people behind. We're not voting to kill people here, we're voting for people to stay behind to narrow it down to the five who are getting on the ship. We have to leave people behind and so let's use the power we have to make those decisions rather than letting the Cylons make the decisions for us.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:15 

I was not twisting your words.

All I am saying at this point, we don't have any information to say who is what.

So all we can choose is by Random. If a sleep takes place, we at lease will have some infomation to work on..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:18 
Ready for action

KovacsC wrote:

All I am saying at this point, we don't have any information to say who is what.

So all we can choose is by Random. If a sleep takes place, we at lease will have some infomation to work on..

WE won't have information! The investigator will have information but unless they want to make a roleclaim and put themself at risk in subsequent nights, possibly losing any future attempts at investigating, then WE won't have access to the information. If we get to 8 or 9 votes for an investigator and they have to roleclaim to save themselves then fine, we haven't voted them off and we keep their role. The only danger is we might leave behind an innocent scientist WHICH IS GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:21 
Paws for thought

KovacsC wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

Given that for our current objectives we need less than five innocent human casualties, Delaying the game in the way you want is really not an option.

Killing an innocent is a suitable price for information.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:22 

superdupergill wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

WE won't have information! The investigator will have information but unless they want to make a roleclaim and put themself at risk in subsequent nights, possibly losing any future attempts at investigating, then WE won't have access to the information. If we get to 8 or 9 votes for an investigator and they have to roleclaim to save themselves then fine, we haven't voted them off and we keep their role. The only danger is we might leave behind an innocent scientist WHICH IS GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY.

What does in matter if we leave behind a scientist or a military? Both are as important....

Plus a Protector can protect an investigator for at least 1 night..

It is too early to role claim today.. but saying that there a lot of quiet people or ones pretending to be scientist..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:27 
Excellent Member

zzzzzzzz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:28 

superdupergill wrote:
I started reading Gazchaps post there and it immediatly seemed odd to me but when I reached the end and saw he'd then voted for Kovacs after everything else he had said it made me feel like that was a bit...'off'. I can't really put my finger on what it was but something doesn't seem to match between the tone and content of the speech followed by the vote.

Seemed to make sense at the time. I don't really want to vote for The Good Doctor just because he's been quiet, there's been countless others that have been quiet too.

It seems really odd to me that Kovacs is still pushing for a nolynch in the face of such adversity, it's almost like he's trying too hard to appear like a good guy.

But who knows, eh? We're all in the same boat, except for the Cylons who have marginally more information than us (i.e. they know who's on their side and who isn't).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:29 
Paws for thought

KovacsC wrote:
It is too early to role claim today.. but saying that there a lot of quiet people or ones pretending to be scientist..

Because, you know, claiming to be a cylon is a really good idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:29 
What's this bit for exactly?

KovacsC wrote:

You really aren't paying attention...
We already have some pretty good information. As well as 4-5 almost definite scientist types, we know Curiosity is a military guy, and so he has an even shorter shortlist. His chance of hitting the Psycho or a Cyclon is higher than the rest of us.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:34 

Lace you don't seem to be providing anythign other than we must someone /anyone without a reason..

I won't mention it again, I have given my reasons why I think a random vote is a waste or wrong.

I will let this lie now.. If you want to get a discussion going what about teh ones that are quiet or talk about plants?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:38 
Excellent Member

KovacsC wrote:
Lace you don't seem to be providing anythign

Well it might be the idea of a maverick but id suggest people re-read my posts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:38 
Paws for thought

KovacsC wrote:
Lace you don't seem to be providing anythign other than we must someone /anyone without a reason..

I won't mention it again, I have given my reasons why I think a random vote is a waste or wrong.

*cough*

Mr Dave wrote:
Given that for our current objectives we need less than five innocent human casualties, Delaying the game in the way you want is really not an option.

Killing an innocent is a suitable price for information.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:40 

well you boys sort it out..

I will go with the majority... anyone would think I did not want to kill an innocent or anything :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:41 

LaceSensor wrote:
zzzzzzzz

Yes Lace this was sooooo worth reading

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:52 
That Rev Chap

[vote:KovacsC]

Because I don't want another day of this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:53 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

The Rev Owen wrote:

Because I don't want another day of this.

:this:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:54 
8-Bit Champion

Cylon Scum 1: Meeting
VOTE UPDATE

nolynch: 1 (KovacsC)
gazchap: 1 (superdupergill)
squirt: 1 (Mr Kissyfur)
the rev owen: 1 (Zeppo)
mr kissyfur: 1 (Squirt)
doctor glyndwr: 3 (Malc, Curiosity, Mr Dom)
kovacsc: 8 (Mr Dave, zaphod79, Craster, LaceSensor, kalmar, Bobbyaro, The Rev Owen, GazChap)

Not voted: 3 (doctor glyndwr, joans, mr russell)

With 19 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:54 
Ready for action

I don't know if I'm comfortable with Kovacs being pushed when he's acting so oddly...who exactly is going to benefit from this is he does happen to have a role worth claiming?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:55 
Ready for action

[vote:TheRevOwen]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 13:58 

We need to something, as this day won't end till we do.

Our options are

NoLynch- only me likes that.
Kill some one - but who.

Me for trying to make peopel think about who they are voting for, and getting voted for myself.
Those who are quite, or just talking about plants?
Those who voted for me, as I am human...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:03 
8-Bit Champion

superdupergill wrote:
I don't know if I'm comfortable with Kovacs being pushed when he's acting so oddly...who exactly is going to benefit from this is he does happen to have a role worth claiming?

I want to be in the ship to get off this planet.
I dont want to be in the ship and having to explain to Kovacs why he can breath while he's in space.

The majority of the 'talk' today is people trying to explain how things work to Kovacs and him not taking them in (on purpose or not) - I dont see how voting someone else out will change this.

The vote will either :

1) Vote off a Cylon (yipee!) , but then Kovacs will say thats just luck and we shouldnt try that again cause the odds are now even worse
2) Vote off a Human - Kovacs can say he was right and everyone else should now no-vote
3) Vote off an *important* Human - Kovacs can see he's even righter and why we should elect him king of the planet

Personally I think he has a role and that he's not a scientist - i also think its unlikely he's a Cylon as i really cant see the other Cylons letting someone be this 'mad' on the first day (although i remember >namedeleted< doing something similar in the past)

It comes down to the facts that we need to vote for 'something' to happen , and that I think that Kovacs will be a 'problem' for a while unless we get rid of him.

Remember that a vote for him doesnt kill him (he just doesnt join the ship) , and doesnt count as a death for our ultimate win condition

Do we have another candidate , I'm happy to vote for the totally silent Doc G (as i was until a few minutes ago) , but it will take a few more swing votes to get him expelled.

[vote:doctor glyndwr]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:12 
Ready for action

I think that most people are beginning to suspect he has a non scientist role so why the hell are people still voting for him unless they thing he is a Cylon?
It doesn't matter if we vote off a scientist and that makes Kovacs feel vindicated in his current stance-we can still go about our business they way we would. We have had a lot of talk today and some people have been notable by their abscence, others have tried to stay under the radar and made themselves look more supicious that way. If the baddies talk to much they can slip up and say something odd that gets picked up on so let's not go for the silent ones, let's go for the one's who have been here but only briefly. Kov being here tomorrow isn't necessarily a bad thing if it prompts this much discussion again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:19 
Paws for thought

superdupergill wrote:
I think that most people are beginning to suspect he has a non scientist role so why the hell are people still voting for him unless they thing he is a Cylon?
It doesn't matter if we vote off a scientist and that makes Kovacs feel vindicated in his current stance-we can still go about our business they way we would. We have had a lot of talk today and some people have been notable by their abscence, others have tried to stay under the radar and made themselves look more supicious that way. If the baddies talk to much they can slip up and say something odd that gets picked up on so let's not go for the silent ones, let's go for the one's who have been here but only briefly. Kov being here tomorrow isn't necessarily a bad thing if it prompts this much discussion again.

The thing is, it's going to be the same discussion again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:21 

No it won't be, how will it be?

We will have found stuff out?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:22 
Excellent Member

[vote: doctor glyndwr]

give kovacs the benefit of the doubt.

Kovacs - how about this - vote for someone who has provided zero information other than they arent giving any information

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:23 
8-Bit Champion

superdupergill wrote:
Kov being here tomorrow isn't necessarily a bad thing if it prompts this much discussion again.

Discussion is good.

Going over the same things again and again is bad , it means that todays 'thread' has lots of people explaining things to Kovacs and him saying the same things over and over again - which means as a 'normal' user trying to look back its hard (i'm sure the Cylons with their advanced text recognition stuff will find it easy) - so far we've had a number of role claims and if you want to find where they are (or if they are done in a subtle way) then you need to wade through pages of .... I cant think of any word for it other than 'junk'.

I'll repeat the line I said before but its probably been lost in this - "Kovacs after this game is over we can have a discussion on why no-lynches have worked and failed in the past - but right now your the only person pushing for this , so give it up right now and wait to see what happens next"

The weather looks as if it will be quite inclement later , perhaps we should chose at least one person who will not be on the ship so we could send them off for supplies ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:24 
Ready for action

It doesn't matter if it's the same discussion again. There are people who are avoiding taking part and that is making them look bad so I would prefer another noisy day that can indicate certain things about certain people. I just think that Kov has started acting even more weird than usual and if that means there is a possibility he is a good useful role then it is worth considering. People jumping into the thread after avoiding most of the chat and voting for him just when people are beginning to consider his position is really rather suspect.

[vote: doctor glyndwr] - I will help out

Cylon Scum 1: Meeting
VOTE UPDATE

squirt: 1 (Mr Kissyfur)
mr kissyfur: 1 (Squirt)
the rev owen: 1 (Zeppo)
doctor glyndwr: 6 (zaphod79, LaceSensor, KovacsC, Malc, Curiosity, Mr Dom)
kovacsc: 6 (Mr Dave, Craster, kalmar, Bobbyaro, The Rev Owen, GazChap)

Not voted: 4 (doctor glyndwr, joans, mr russell, superdupergill)

With 19 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch, and 14 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:26 
Awesome
Yes

At the minute I'm going to have to [vote:KovacsC] because of the way you've been pushing for a nolynch even after having it explained.

As has been said, you're not being killed, just not being saved, but I think there's plenty of info about people who have voted for you.

Strong FoS on the Doc though for keeping quiet, and I'll switch to him later if it goes that way from other voters.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:26 

sorry for pissing folks off, I was trying to get my stubborn head round why killing a random was a good idea...

I am still not sure, but as we need to get this day over I will drop it after this game..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:28 
Excellent Member

KovacsC wrote:
sorry for pissing folks off, I was trying to get my stubborn head round why killing a random was a good idea...

I am still not sure, but as we need to get this day over I will drop it after this game..

The vote is always going to be less than 100% unless someone explicitly role claims as having investigated a cylon.
Even then there is a bit of doubt until we can lift the veil and kick out the identified evil-doer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:28 

LaceSensor wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

The vote is always going to be less than 100% unless someone explicitly role claims as having investigated a cylon.
Even then there is a bit of doubt until we can lift the veil and kick out the identified evil-doer.

Ok, can we get this day over now then... so vote off either me or the doc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:45 
Ready for action

superdupergill wrote:

Huh. [vote:The Rev Owen]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:48 

Hi! Someone bashed me over the head with a rock, I'm only just coming around!

Sorry guys, work has been murder and you can't half-read Scum threads so I've been putting off posting until I could read it properly and then it just kept getting longer and longer...

I can certainly see why people are suspicious of me, sorry about that. I have no idea who smacked me like that.

I've only got a vague idea of what you guys have been arguing about but one thing has occured to me while I was out of it: no-one has counterclaimed Curio, so why is Kovacs making such a meal out of things? Seems a bit off to me perhaps? But then I have been barely concious so I'm not the best judge of things.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 14:48 
Ready for action

superdupergill wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

Huh. [vote:The Rev Owen]

Or maybe even Mr Russell.

I don't think I'm happy about Kovacs or the Doc being our targets so I am just stating that now. If one of them gets nominated to stay behind and they turn out to be a bad guy then well done. I just think that at the moment it seems that maybe not and so it's odd that the majority are still voting for them and justifying by saying that we'll probably nominate an innocent today anyway. I know that's true but if there is reason to suspect someone is more than just a scientist then why are we still voting for them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 15:01 
Awesome
Yes

I don't think kovacs is more than just a scientist, although he was dropping some heavy hints earlier when the votes started to pile in, which would be a good way to get people to back off and stop voting.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 15:05 
Isn't that lovely?

Mr Russell wrote:
I don't think kovacs is more than just a scientist

Then why are you voting for him?

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 15:07 
Ready for action

Mr Russell wrote:
I don't think kovacs is more than just a scientist.

[vote:Mr Russell]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 15:09 
Awesome
Yes

Malc wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
I don't think kovacs is more than just a scientist

Then why are you voting for him?

Malc

Sorry, I meant to say that I don't think he's a good power role, if you see what I mean. If I was getting a load of votes and was a bad guy I'd start dropping hints that about the protection and detection roles as well to make people think I was one of those roles.

Also, as zaphod says, even if he isn't any sort of bad guy, he's still been filling the thread with a lot of bluster, which is a good way to confuse others.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next