Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game 3 - Day II
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 21:56 
Rakish Member

Mr Russ wrote:
GazChap: My pa always told me ter stay with ther courage of me convictions, and I started off votin fer GJ out of the two of 'em, so back me vote goes. I figure I may as well stay honest to the last.

But by switching votes, your evening out the votes for each and thereby increasing the chance that they will both escape the noose.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 21:57 
baron of techno

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Well I've just read back through and the only thing that Mali A has said before he voted for me was that I hadn't defended Myp yesterday

I thought he was saying that because of your comment first thing that you were right about Myoptika, when in fact you hadn't said anything about him except you were going to think about it.

Which is a small enough thing to pick up on and doesn't really imply anything, other than a slip or a mis-remembered thing on your part.

Awesome
Yes

The Serial Killer, for thinking I am the cult leader.

Best
Board Mother

I think I'll get Mafia'd as I'm too close to the truth.

Why if MaliA is Mafia does that mean I am too? *confused*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 21:58 
Awesome
Yes

That to Joans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 21:58 
baron of techno

KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
GazChap: My pa always told me ter stay with ther courage of me convictions, and I started off votin fer GJ out of the two of 'em, so back me vote goes. I figure I may as well stay honest to the last.

But by switching votes, your evening out the votes for each and thereby increasing the chance that they will both escape the noose.

THat's a bit thin ain't it? Based on past experience one of them's pretty likely to buy it, any minute too.

Sure you're not trying to divert it from both of them onto Russ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 21:59 
Best
Board Mother

kalmar wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Well I've just read back through and the only thing that Mali A has said before he voted for me was that I hadn't defended Myp yesterday

I thought he was saying that because of your comment first thing that you were right about Myoptika, when in fact you hadn't said anything about him except you were going to think about it.

Which is a small enough thing to pick up on and doesn't really imply anything, other than a slip or a mis-remembered thing on your part.

I think I just hadn't posted about my feelings, as I said earlier I'm wary about posting my suspicions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 21:59 

Mr Russ wrote:
The Serial Killer, for thinking I am the cult leader.

Does this make any sense?
Why would anyone think you were the cult leader?
Would the SK go for the cult leader at this stage (possibly yes, if he knew who it was)?
What about your earlier post about JBR?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:00 
Excellent Member

Wow this is getting heated.

I have spotted something mighty interesting, so I am going to

[vote:unvote] right now.

For the time being I think MaliA isnt due the noose.

I'll check in later. Goddess Jasmine just went back on the radar, seems a bit *too* insistent.

I dont beleive both of them are mafia at all, because its looking like its a two horse race. Surely rather than sacrificing one of them, they wouldbe working together to frame someone else??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:01 
Awesome
Yes

When I was pressuring Jasmine she said that out in my field I would be ideally suited for being cult leader. As I know I'm not I wanted to post my suspicions for the real cult leader when it looked like a lynching was near, so i could get it in before the thread was locked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:02 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Hello. You people have all been busy in my absence. Disregarding the whole MaliA/Jasmine thing for a moment, I notice Mr.RussyRuss has been acting a little bit odd, on his own...little nudges for information here and there.

While I think about everyone else for the moment,

[VOTE:Mr Russ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:03 
Isn't that lovely?

There's always that worry that by saying something you put yourself onto the chopping block.

But if everyone says nothing, then there is no way the town can win.

We need to share what we know (or at least suspect) and yes some may die because of that, but then those deaths should shed some light on the situation.

Malc

Awesome
Yes

Aar.

Best
Board Mother

LaceSensor wrote:
I'll check in later. Goddess Jasmine just went back on the radar, seems a bit *too* insistent.

I got called suspicious earlier for not defending myself, when people start to vote for me of course I'm going to be insistent!

Comical needs to sort something out so it auto-posts a vote update everytime someone votes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:04 

LaceSensor wrote:
I dont beleive both of them are mafia at all, because its looking like its a two horse race. Surely rather than sacrificing one of them, they wouldbe working together to frame someone else??

Logically, yes. But I remember in the last game the Mafia used someone (was it TheVision?) as a sacrificial lamb once the noose got a bit close to his neck.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:04 
Rakish Member

kalmar wrote:
KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:

THat's a bit thin ain't it? Based on past experience one of them's pretty likely to buy it, any minute too.

Sure you're not trying to divert it from both of them onto Russ?

Nope, I don't think Mr Russ should hang today but if his aim is for one of them to be lynched, why change votes in such a way as to make it less likely?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:05 
Excellent Member

GazChap wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

Logically, yes. But I remember in the last game the Mafia used someone (was it TheVision?) as a sacrificial lamb once the noose got a bit close to his neck.

Indeed but I think its too early, and they have been arguing amongst themselves for the most part, without a third party intervention to start with. Massively odd behaviour if they both ARE mafia.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:06 
Legendary Boogeyman

Joans wrote:
Comical needs to sort something out so it auto-posts a vote update everytime someone votes.

That would be intensely annoying for those who can look at a number and add 1 to it when someone votes. :P

Excellent Member

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

I got called suspicious earlier for not defending myself, when people start to vote for me of course I'm going to be insistent!

Should have stressed the word TOO a bit more.

baron of techno

Yeah Russ needs to do some explainin', damn straight.
If he ain't with us, he's against us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:07 

GazChap wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

Indeed, but that was in the first game, when a glorious victory was had by the mafia on an unsuspecting town.
The sacrifice thing isn't going to work if we call them on it while they're trying to do it and I think MaliA voted for GJ far too early in the process, even if her vote could be taken as trying to sacrifice him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:08 
Rakish Member

Mr Russ wrote:
When I was pressuring Jasmine she said that out in my field I would be ideally suited for being cult leader. As I know I'm not I wanted to post my suspicions for the real cult leader when it looked like a lynching was near, so i could get it in before the thread was locked.

So did you find evidence that JBR is cult or do you merely suspect that he is?

baron of techno

[vote:unvote]

Best
Board Mother

LaceSensor wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
LaceSensor wrote:

Should have stressed the word TOO a bit more.

Ok, humour me here. If one is in line for a lynching for being a Mafia type, exactly how insistant should one be that they are not :?:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:09 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Joans wrote:

That would be intensely annoying for those who can look at a number and add 1 to it when someone votes. :P

I can do that, but not when there are numerous numbers associated with different words and the links are on a different page.

Awesome
Yes

KevR wrote:
Nope, I don't think Mr Russ should hang today but if his aim is for one of them to be lynched, why change votes in such a way as to make it less likely?

I'm goin' ter be quite explicit now. Oi have mentioned what oi do at night. This should tell yer what investigative powers and night actions oi have (if any). This mornin' oi piled pressure on Jasmine, as oi had a hunch, and MaliA because it looked like they were in cahoots. Jasmine reacted far too suspiciously. MaliA on the other hand has done a good job convincing me of his role otherwise. Read the last few of MaliA's posts, and think what 'is role might be. Read mine, and think what my role might be.

Oi now (for the time being) stick by me hunch that Jasmine is mafia, and JBR is the cult leader. Don't go after the cult leader until tomorrow. The mafia is more of a threat today.

Gogmagog

I am beginning to think there IS some sanity in the room.

Out of interest, who is voting for me now?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:10 

LaceSensor wrote:
Indeed but I think its too early, and they have been arguing amongst themselves for the most part, without a third party intervention to start with. Massively odd behaviour if they both ARE mafia.

True. That would be a very risky tactic indeed. Hmm... I'm not sure now. I'm going to compare MaliA to myoptika here - when myp started getting votes he was very quick to defend himself as being one of us, and ultimately it was proved that he was. MaliA waited until he could feel the rope around his neck before defending himself - perhaps hoping the heat would go away on its own without him having to give anything away?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:11 
Isn't that lovely?

But if you were mafia, and wanted to try and show that you were not. What better way than an argument between 2 members, and then a 3rd member suggests that it's a silly way for the mafia to behave.

hmmmm

Malc

You said you were locked in your room at night. Does this mean you're just a vanilla townie?

Best
Board Mother

Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:
This mornin' oi piled pressure on Jasmine, as oi had a hunch, and MaliA because it looked like they were in cahoots. Jasmine reacted far too suspiciously.

How so though? Back up what you are saying because I don't see it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:12 

Joans wrote:
You said you were locked in your room at night. Does this mean you're just a vanilla townie?

It could also mean he was roleblocked?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:13 

Joans wrote:

This was aimed at Mr Russ again. Sorry, I'm rubbish at this.

Sleepyhead

There seems to be some influencing going on here. Either the Mafia are trying to stop a lynch occurring, or we're acting like mongs and they are laughing.

Either way, at the moment they're laughing.

Rakish Member

Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:

I'm goin' ter be quite explicit now. Oi have mentioned what oi do at night. This should tell yer what investigative powers and night actions oi have (if any). This mornin' oi piled pressure on Jasmine, as oi had a hunch, and MaliA because it looked like they were in cahoots. Jasmine reacted far too suspiciously. MaliA on the other hand has done a good job convincing me of his role otherwise. Read the last few of MaliA's posts, and think what 'is role might be. Read mine, and think what my role might be.

Oi now (for the time being) stick by me hunch that Jasmine is mafia, and JBR is the cult leader. Don't go after the cult leader until tomorrow. The mafia is more of a threat today.

I think the Suicide Bomber should take out JBR.

Soopah red DS

Mr Russ wrote:

If you've a hunch, my (ex) friend, you need to be finding the mafia doctor - the town one's not around to fix it. I'm a bit confused - you sound more like the voyeur, but we don't have one; if you're the vigilante then you can have investigated one person and you ought to be pushing fairly hard for that person to get the chop.

On that basis, for now;

[Vote:Goddess Jasmine]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:14 

GazChap wrote:
Joans wrote:

It could also mean he was roleblocked?

Good point. So maybe he's the vigilante and he didn't use his investigation power, he was just roleblocked?

Awesome
Yes

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:
This mornin' oi piled pressure on Jasmine, as oi had a hunch, and MaliA because it looked like they were in cahoots. Jasmine reacted far too suspiciously.

How so though? Back up what you are saying because I don't see it.

In my opinion. Because yer tried to twist me words rather than act on or deny me accusation directly.

As nobody has followed me in what oi thought was me most wonderful opinion, I have had no choice but to flip flop a bit, before realising that oi've drawn loads of attention to meself for being loud and looking devious, and will loikely attract the hands of the Serial Killer ternight.

Soopah red DS

KevR wrote:

Come to me, grisly glory!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:15 
Isn't that lovely?

KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:

Why should they do that? How can Mr Russ know about Jasmine *AND* JBR?

Malc

Best
Board Mother

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
But if you were mafia, and wanted to try and show that you were not. What better way than an argument between 2 members, and then a 3rd member suggests that it's a silly way for the mafia to behave.

hmmmm

Malc

I wouldn't have said it was arguing though, I was just asking people to back up their reasons. No one seems to. It would be very easy for people to quote what I have said that makes people suspicious, but nobody seems able (or willing) to do that.

baron of techno

Joans wrote:

Holy shite, I think I've got it.

[vote:goddess jasmine]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:16 

KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:

You have a serious Suicide Bomber obsession.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:16 
Excellent Member

Hot Damn Mr Russ is reminding me of CG circa game 2 right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:17 

LaceSensor wrote:
Hot Damn Mr Russ is reminding me of CG circa game 2 right now.

CG didn't put on a stupid accent for the whole game.

Isn't that lovely?

Joans wrote:
KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:

You have a serious Suicide Bomber obsession.

I wonder if he is in self denial?

Malc

Rakish Member

Spinglo Sponglo! wrote:
KevR wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:
KevR wrote:

Why should they do that? How can Mr Russ know about Jasmine *AND* JBR?

Malc

He said that Goddess Jasmine was a hunch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:18 

I thought he meant they were both hunches.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:18 
baron of techno

Mr Russ wrote:
As nobody has followed me in what oi thought was me most wonderful opinion, I have had no choice but to flip flop a bit, before realising that oi've drawn loads of attention to meself for being loud and looking devious, and will loikely attract the hands of the Serial Killer ternight.

Fuck the serial killer, he/she's a dumb shit based on last night.

I'm trustin' you finally on this.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next