Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game VII Day 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:59 
Isn't that lovely?

This game is a bit like poker, who knows who is bluffing, double bluffing, or telling the truth.

And yes I tend to agree that some of the quiet ones will be mafia/sk/cult, but which ones? And which ones are just busy? I know in the batman game, I had real life get in the way in the first day and 1/2 which made everyone suspicious of me. (Yes I ended up being the penguin, but I wouldn't have had the time to do anything no matter what my role was)

Malc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:17 
baron of techno

Heh, that's about 4 people have pointed the FOS at Craster now and nobody's had the courage to vote for him :)

There is some info out there though. The seer must have targetted people, so one of them knows something, can at least rule someone out. There's also meta data - the seer knows who those people are and will be watching their voting actions, or if they give any hint of a vision at all. If they don't, that's a bit suspicious itself. But the seer can't tell us anything anyway :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:17 

The more people vote for zaphod the longer his posts will get. Surely no one wants that.

As for sheepeh, if you only have a limited time to speak before the nagging voice in your head drags you away wouldn't you try and be abit more constructive in the time you had?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:46 
Isn't that lovely?

I probably won't post again for 36 hours.

Malc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:03 
Best
Board Mother

My head hurts. :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:10 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

ComicalGnomes wrote:
This game is rather infuriating. I could be doing an awesome impression of a bog standard townie, or I could actually be a bog standard townie. If I'm accused of being a master of manipulation or whatnot, this makes it more difficult to genuinely be a vanilla. Last time I honestly claimed to be a GCPD Cop, but wasn't readily believed.

I think you'll find last time you claimed to be a townie census taker (and was not really believed) although you did manage to get one set of information out which i think ultimately helped the town

Apart from Curio's fake claim the only other 2 fakes i can think of during all the previous games are :

Mr Chris claiming something last minute when everyone was pretty sure he was the SK
Someone ...... (cant remember who) claiming to be Alfred in the batman game then realising that it was possible to check and changing it to who they really were

kalmar wrote:
Heh, that's about 4 people have pointed the FOS at Craster now and nobody's had the courage to vote for him :)

I've said that i think he's the SK , but the same arguments that made me want to keep Curio alive yesterday apply for Craster today - its another kill overnight and another chance to hit the Cult leader which i think is the towns biggest threat

Bluecup wrote:
The more people vote for zaphod the longer his posts will get. Surely no one wants that.

Hopefully this is a short-ish post then :-)

And if you remember the last game i had a lot of suspicion pointed at me because i made a lot of noise , however I was a townie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:34 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

kalmar wrote:

I just gave the town its best day one result ever. If you want to string me up for that, well....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:40 
Legendary Boogeyman

Wasn't just you pal, I burst way more blood vessels in my head. :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:54 

Craster wrote:
kalmar wrote:

I just gave the town its best day one result ever. If you want to string me up for that, well....

Note that you're currently being strung up by a guy who claimed ComicalGomes is the real SK and was campaigning to string up Curiosity, his single biggest asset "Because he's a serial killer".

So don't expect logic here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:55 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Wasn't just you pal, I burst way more blood vessels in my head. :P

Yeah, I know - but I'm a big fan of self-aggrandisement.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 15:26 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

[vote:craster]

1) he is the serial killer
2) he is in the cult
3) he is very audacious mafia
4) he is going to be in the cult after the next night stage.

I really can't see how we can keep him alive, sorry old bean.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 15:29 
baron of techno

Craster wrote:
kalmar wrote:

This is why it would have been an excellent strategy for the real SK, yesterday, to be the leader of the lynch mob for Curiosity.

You'd definitely be proven right (so winning the thanks and blessing of the town), you have nothing to fear from the cult, the only thing that can go wrong is if there's another goon lurking about (which seems fairly unlikely at this point).

If that is the case: well done, you've won the game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 15:31 
baron of techno

FFS, will people stop coming to the same conclusion as me *and voting on it* whilst I'm in the middle of writing a post? Jebus! >:( :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 15:37 

The cult thing is really the only of those theories that stands up, and since the mafia can kill and the cult can't, I'm going after the mafia first thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 15:47 
Legendary Boogeyman

Quote:

Bobby this is the stupidest thing you've ever posted. If Craster is mafia I'll eat my shoes and shit gold.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 15:56 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Quote:

Bobby this is the stupidest thing you've ever posted. If Craster is mafia I'll eat my shoes and shit gold.

:DD

Lets hope he is then!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:12 

Dudley wrote:
The cult thing is really the only of those theories that stands up, and since the mafia can kill and the cult can't, I'm going after the mafia first thanks.

That's a pretty culty thing to say there Duds :hat:

While the cult can't kill, they can grow in numbers and if we look at the worst case scenario, then there's 2 cult and 5 mafia, but the mafia either chose not to kill, or happened to target the same person as the doctor. Either way, we should find out tonight as it's unlikely they'll target the same person as the doctor again, and I can't see them not killing again in the hope that we'll forget they exist.

If Curiosity was the only goon, then there may only be one mafia left, and he could be the doctor or the terrorist. It's also possible that the cult didn't manage to recruit anyone last night, so there may only be one of them as well.

I think Comical is right as well, Craster could be the SK, he could be in the cult (either as the original leader, or recruited last night), but there's no way he's mafia.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:20 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Or he could be a simple townsman who can see through Curiosity's bullshit? I don't quite see how the most suspicious of yesterday's voters are calling the shots here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:22 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Actually - I'll make a deal. You can string me up, as long as you guarantee that the next three people you kill are Zaphod, Kalmar, and Runcle. I still win if the town wins and I'm dead.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:23 

Because we're all townies that don't know who to trust - nobody gets to call the shots.
Anyway, I was defending you, in a roundabout kind of way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:26 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Joans wrote:
Because we're all townies that don't know who to trust - nobody gets to call the shots.
Anyway, I was defending you, in a roundabout kind of way.

I know you were. Look who wasn't - Kalmar, Bobby, Runcle, and Zaphod. Shocking.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:27 

Actually, to put it another way.
Why am I trying to call the shots? Because I'm a townie that's trying to do what's right for the town.
Why are you trying to call the shots? Because you're a townie that's trying to do what's right for the town.
Why is Comical trying to call the shots? Because he's a townie that's trying to do what's right for the town.

See the pattern?

(obviously this falls over if either of you two are bad guys, but I don't think you are)

It's going to happen again isn't it?

Just like with the Comical / Dimrill / Me / Grim cult and countless other games, my fellow idiot townies are going to continually completely ignore the suspicious people and vote off random townies for the hideous crime of identifying and killing a mafia.

Christ.

Vote Kalmar damnit. Or at least someone with a chance of being evil.

Unless of course you're scum yourself...

Legendary Boogeyman

Can we kill Zaph then? This is taking too long ;)

Joans wrote:
Actually, to put it another way.
Why am I trying to call the shots? Because I'm a townie that's trying to do what's right for the town.
Why are you trying to call the shots? Because you're a townie that's trying to do what's right for the town.
Why is Comical trying to call the shots? Because he's a townie that's trying to do what's right for the town.

See the pattern?

(obviously this falls over if either of you two are bad guys, but I don't think you are)

Except that those 2 were right, and you used poor at best logic to defend a known mafioso.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:28 

My point above is that if Joans wasn't evil, he'd wouldn't be trying to call the shots because playing to a townie win condition, you'd let the people with the strongest record on your team call the shots.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:30 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Dudley wrote:
you'd let the people with the strongest record on your team call the shots.

To be fair though, he has no idea whose team I'm on and I have no idea whose team he is on.

I have demonstrated that I'm significantly more pro-town than those on my suspicious list.

Also note that those people were voting on keeping the 'SK' alive yesterday - now they are painting me as the SK, they think I should be killed. Not very consistent logic.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:31 

Dudley wrote:
My point above is that if Joans wasn't evil, he'd wouldn't be trying to call the shots because playing to a townie win condition, you'd let the people with the strongest record on your team call the shots.

But this is a game of luck. People don't know other peoples roles, they can just guess.
I tell you what then, let's lynch me, because that's what Comical wanted to do yesterday, and apparently he has a great track record, so he must be right about me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:32 

Indeed, the only way it makes sense is if they somehow knew Curio wasn't the SK...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:34 

Dudley wrote:
Indeed, the only way it makes sense is if they somehow knew Curio wasn't the SK...

ZOMG You're right. Vote Craster & Comical as mafia. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:36 

I assume I don't need to explain why that's stupid :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 16:38 

Given that I said Craster wasn't mafia a few posts up and I put a big smilie in my post. No, you don't. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 17:10 
8-Bit Champion

Craster wrote:
Also note that those people were voting on keeping the 'SK' alive yesterday - now they are painting me as the SK, they think I should be killed. Not very consistent logic.

Its interesting that the person your voting for has *not* voted for you and has not said you should be killed - I've stuck by my reasoning from yesterday and think the SK is better to keep around (BTW this is the 2nd day in a row you've claimed in some way i've voted for something when i've not - any particular reason why?)

Joans wrote:
Dudley wrote:

That's a pretty culty thing to say there Duds

Again I agree with Joans here - that is very culty - the towns number one target right now should be the cult - if we dont stop it soon the cult wins - yes the mafia can kill but it doesnt grow the cult does much worse than kill - the town lose a member on its side and the cult gain one on its.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 17:12 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

zaphod79 wrote:
BTW this is the 2nd day in a row you've claimed in some way i've voted for something when i've not - any particular reason why?

I generalise. I've got you all lumped in a nice little suspicious group and I can't be bothered to gather from all the posts individually.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 22:18 
Legendary Boogeyman

Emergency post to stop game from dying on its arse. I hope this day doesn't expire until monday sometime.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 22:58 
8-Bit Champion

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Emergency post to stop game from dying on its arse. I hope this day doesn't expire until monday sometime.

Post 3 of this thread :

myoptika wrote:
It is now Day 2. With 18 players alive, 10 votes are required for a lynch and 14 votes for there to be no lynch. Day 2 will finish at midday on Monday if there is no decision beforehand.

There are not as many people on here over the weekend so makes more sense to have it hang on until Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 22:59 
Excellent Member

Midday monday is the voting for lynch deadline, so theres time for people to get involved.

im sticking with Zaphod for now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 23:54 
baron of techno

Mafia union says no working on the weekend, so take a break CG :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 0:22 
Time Out for Fun

Bobbyaro wrote:
[vote:craster]

1) he is the serial killer
2) he is in the cult
4) he is going to be in the cult after the next night stage.

I really can't see how we can keep him alive, sorry old bean.

bizarre post, bizarre enough i think your a townie.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 0:25 
Time Out for Fun

Dudley wrote:
It's going to happen again isn't it?

Just like with the Comical / Dimrill / Me / Grim cult and countless other games, my fellow idiot townies are going to continually completely ignore the suspicious people and vote off random townies for the hideous crime of identifying and killing a mafia.

Christ.

Vote Kalmar damnit. Or at least someone with a chance of being evil.

Unless of course you're scum yourself...

Really where has this happened in other games?, pretty much 80% of the time the mafia are quiet and keep out of any trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:02 

Look up the game where Comical headed the cult for the posterchild case of massive public stupidity.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:06 
Time Out for Fun

Dudley wrote:
Look up the game where Comical headed the cult for the posterchild case of massive public stupidity.

I said other. Theres the two comical games where he fooled everyone pretty much, except you think this is happening again now but apparently doesnt include comical this time. anyway if i was the cult leader if I had to pick one person it would be comical the clever bastard.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:14 

But we are following the public inability to remember anything from day to day. Like all those people defending Curiosity with reasoning that was, at best, broken.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:47 

I see I have to defend my position again. Ok, I'll try and do it slowly this time.

Curiosity was on the verge of a lynch, he claimed to be the SK, and offered to help the town.
It was pointed out that SK was the only role he could possibly claim and not get lynched on the spot, so I was taking it with a pinch of salt. However, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the following reasons:

If he really was the SK, and did what we wanted, then it could have been an asset to the town. Obviously, depending on how we chose his victims, it would be subject to the same amount of luck/judgment/mob mentality as our ordinary lynches (which, day 1 excepted, haven't usually been too successful). If he didn't or couldn't do as we asked, then we knew who he was and could kill him.

If he was mafia, then I didn't see we had anything to lose. There would still be a mafia kill anyway, and if the real SK decided to cover for Curiosity by making the kills we asked for, then we were still getting what we wanted. The only problem is, that when the time came, we wouldn't know who the real SK was, although we don't anyway, so we'd have been no worse off. The only way this could go wrong is if he was the only goon, which is apparently the case. If the doctor managed to protect the mafia's victim, then we can assume that would have happened whether Curiosity was alive or dead. If the mafia chose not to kill, they probably only did so because Curiosity died.

If he was the cult leader, then obviously things would have been bad, but I didn't really think he was and I don't think anyone else did either.

In conclusion, if we'd kept him alive, we'd have had nothing to lose (except perhaps focus), we always knew he was a bad guy of some sort, so we always had him right where we wanted him.
As it was, there wasn't a mafia kill last night, and if that was because Curiosity was the only goon, or the other goons chose not to kill, then I don't think anyone predicted that.

I'm not sure why that's broken? In hindsight it was wrong, but without that benefit, I think it had just as much merit as killing him.
Let's look at it this way, what if we hadn't lynched him, and instead got the cult leader? That would have been a better result as we'd have eliminated the cult completely.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:50 

Also in game 2, I think the only failing was that nobody realised that Grim... saying "I'm the scientist" had made him a prime candidate for recruitment on night 1, but in fairness that was our first cult game, so you can forgive our naïvety. Anyway, I got killed by the mafia on night 2, so I accept no responsibilty for what happened after that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:10 
[vote:zaphod79]

"Lynch" is only one letter away from "lunch". And I love lunch!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:10 

Why do you think the deadline is midday, we're going to do both!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:35 
8-Bit Champion

mrak wrote:
"Lynch" is only one letter away from "lunch". And I love lunch!

Hey - i'll sort out lunch , it can be a nice buffet lunch , but the only pud will be humble pie for lynching a townie :-)

Anyway I think i'm on 7 votes now - so its not totally gone but a chance for some last words - I guess a lot of this people will disbelieve until after the excellent lunch spread that i'm going to cook for you guys now so i'll stick it in spoiler tabs (also means it wont take up 3/4s of this page).

Only two things i'll say outside of the spoiler tabs are

I voted to lynch Curio on day one before his role claim

The towns biggest threat is the cult , its worth keeping the SK around a while until the cult leader falls , because if that doesnt happen till about day 4 or 5 then the SK has probably got a much better chance of winning than the town :-)

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
So - I've been lynched and you've found out iI'm actually a townie - where does this put the town now.

Some of the people voting for me will have been mafia because they know its no loss to them , however unless theres is a very small number of them they are also going to have been voting for other people so look for the odd votes in there and also compare those with the votes from yesterday (also remember they will have read this so be suspicious of other switch votes at this point unless they are against me or probably sheep)

For my money Craster is the SK , he was absolutely certain that Curio was not the SK , the only way he would know that was if he was :
The Mafia himself (duh!)
The SK himself.

However as I've said above unless we've got the Cult leader its better to have the SK around because its a better chance to kill that one person and stop them in their tracks.

Be wary of people who are telling us that the mafia or the SK is more of a threat - its the cult that *needs* to be stopped first (FOS at Dudley for saying that earlier).

I'll stick by saying GJ is non mafia because she pulled the trigger on Curio - it could be a double bluff but i think its quite possible the first day would have timed out without her

For the other supporters of Curio on day 1 its possible that one of them is Mafia but that really depends on how many Mafia are actually around if its a small number the mafia are not stupid enough to risk losing more than one person - I would look closely at people who maybe expressed the idea that you should not lynch Curio but were not all that vocal about it (so some of the odd / single votes for other players).

CG is a very loud and pushy person - if he suddenly goes quiet or acts slightly out of character then lynch him quick because the cult have got him and he's double thinking about what he should be saying :-)

/me Gets chefs uniform on and goes off to start cooking - any requests ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:59 

zaphod79 wrote:

I'll stick by saying GJ is non mafia because she pulled the trigger on Curio - it could be a double bluff but i think its quite possible the first day would have timed out without her

I don't like this thinking. Curio was going to be lynched one way or the other, he had already sown the seeds of mistrust among you all and the double vote of GJ and Sheepeh at the end was the perfect chance to clear themselves of any links. Although them both voting at pretty much the same time looks to me like bad communication. Sheepeh didn't even know what vote number he was.

And once again they are keeping out of this tit for tat fight you guys seem to have gotten yourselves in to, which is ideal for both the mafia and the cult. I really do believe you are all just over eager townies.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 

I'd have to agree with Zaphod there. Everyone that voted early for Curiosity is almost guaranteed not to be mafia as there'd be no point in voting for one of their own at that stage as they wouldn't know how things were going to pan out.

Realistically, this means that:
ComicalGnomes, Kalmar, Malc, Zaphod79, Plissken (obviously), Zardoz, Goddess Jasmine, Craster, Squirt, GazChap
are almost certainly not Mafia, but there could be the SK or some cult people in there (although there was only one cult at the time).

Hilariously, after Curiosity claimed to be the SK, I voted to lynch him, but a few people had already unvoted by then.
I'm almost surprised by how much I changed my mind after he offered to kill for the town. ?:|

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next