Im a townie Game Show Host

Well, his story checks out.

Post subject: Re: SuperScum Dead Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:26 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

kalmar wrote:
myp wrote:
I might give my 'Deadpool' access to TDZ and even snippets of info from myself if I'm feeling mischievous.

Absolutely! I assumed our deadpool would have had that as his main resource, given the name..

I would have if he'd have asked.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:34 
Time Out for Fun

I love this love for me, no matter how wrong it might be.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:20 
PC Gamer

If Mr. Dave is a baddy he deserves to survive for this acting performance. I'm completely convinced.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 
Isn't that lovely?

The fact that hardly anyone is pushing for Mr Dave after craster has chosen him says something. Not sure what, but it certainly says something.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:48 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Whoops.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:48 

Ooooh.

*reads rules*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:49 
Paws for thought

Indeed.

There's no way I'd have gone had Craster not utterly ballsed up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 13:06 
Paws for thought

kalmar wrote:
Hello chaps. Mr Dave and Rev Owen for bad'uns.

So, so wrong.

I can't remember what you did to make me sure you were up to no good. But you shouldn't have done it. It was silly.

me wrote:
Craster [...] next time we meet, you'll not hear the end of it.

Oh, Craster, what have you done.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 13:07 

Mr Dave wrote:
I can't remember what you did to make me sure you were up to no good. But you shouldn't have done it. It was silly.
So you finger Kalmar as evil and it's his fault, but Craster fingers you as evil and it's his fault?

;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 13:14 
Time Out for Fun

is frank castle dead?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 13:22 
Paws for thought

He's somewhat decommisioned, I needed to be killed at night for him to have any capability.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 13:34 
PC Gamer

Well, in Craster's defence, we've been saying all week that he had to take the lead in voting. As I mentioned earlier, Mr. Dave seemed pretty convincingly innocent, but I can see why he'd attract the Finger Of Doom.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 13:35 
Paws for thought

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
So you finger Kalmar as evil and it's his fault, but Craster fingers you as evil and it's his fault?

;)

Quite.

Thing is, I wasn't in a position to force a lynch. The game was more open at the point I was pointing at Kalmar.

Crasters reasons were crap, and I'd offered him Runcles secret possibly evil lover as an alternative. And given that at the end of the day, we could end up with a situation of 2 bad guys to 3 town, Not so good. But if they knew who I was, why the hell would they investigate? I'm still not sure they did, as it would be bloody stupid. In order to win they need to kill the hulk, and knowing who he is in advance sure achieves nothing.

For most of day 2 the internet here was down (stupid BT), which was why I was absent and ended the day voting for Kalmar. I can't say who I would've voted for, as I only read the end of the day after the beginning of day 3.

What I was fairly sure of was that Grim... would've put in some kind of limit to Iron Man be it a break in his armour in the late game or an automatic loss for the town on reveal, so having a fake Iron man made a fair amount of sense. But how can you explain that without going extensively into game theory? As it stands, it wasn't that much of a loss, as Joans wasn't misguided town, but it did give away another night which was costly.

I also had a hunch that Mr Chris was innocent, because he had the role I had in the first place. So instead I accused him of Skunk rape. Only fair, I believe.

For the same reason, someone out there may have known Joans was no villian, unless he got given the same role again to prevent that case. Would be interesting to know.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 13:38 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mr Dave wrote:
For the same reason, someone out there may have known Joans was no villian, unless he got given the same role again to prevent that case. Would be interesting to know.

He was given the same role, on purpose. No choice, really.
Gaywood was Spidey both times through luck.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 13:50 
Sleepyhead

Perplexing logic from Craster. Bobbyaro looked way more scummy.

It'll be interesting to see who dies tonight. From previous posts in here it seems like JBR investigated Mr Dave on the first night, which is one reason why he wasn't killed, though I'm surprised nobody tried to start a lynch on him, as that would have been useful for the baddies. That said, it would then have been very suspicious.

I'm interested in knowing who the other bad people are. I have Bobby down as a henchman and possibly Lace or GJ for SK. Or Morte. Or Gill. Or anyone else who is left.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 13:56 
Paws for thought

Grim... wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

He was given the same role, on purpose. No choice, really.
Gaywood was Spidey both times through luck.

I had a feeling that'd be the case, the only living alternative was Kalmar. The only other person to mount any kind of joans defense, which gave me a few questions for the next day. Kalmar would've got quite a rough ride from me the next day had he lived. :luv: Kalmar.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:05 

Mr Dave wrote:
But if they knew who I was, why the hell would they investigate? I'm still not sure they did, as it would be bloody stupid. In order to win they need to kill the hulk, and knowing who he is in advance sure achieves nothing.
Doesn't it seem much more likely that the villains and the SK both targetted Owen?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:12 
Paws for thought

Curiosity wrote:

It'll be interesting to see who dies tonight. From previous posts in here it seems like JBR investigated Mr Dave on the first night, which is one reason why he wasn't killed, though I'm surprised nobody tried to start a lynch on him, as that would have been useful for the baddies.

They tried to spread mistrust. It was quite subtle though. For example

From Runcle in day 2: "Also through my dirty windows I cant tell if its raining still, is it?"
I'd claimed to be the window cleaner, he was impling there was no window cleaner.

From JBR day 4 : "Mr Dave? Plays a canny game, I'm a bit suss just because he's normally offed early and hasn't been this time but I'm inclined to trust him."
Giving the best reason to lynch me, after having made sure it existed. But distancing himself as well. They didn't want to be linked.

Quote:
I'm interested in knowing who the other bad people are. I have Bobby down as a henchman and possibly Lace or GJ for SK. Or Morte. Or Gill. Or anyone else who is left.

Yes, this was my eventual problem. By the a point of day 4, I'd come up with a list of four people who I thought I could trust (Mr Dom - generally trested favourably by Craster, TRO, who was obviously Deadpool, GJ for the reasons I gave at length, and that eejit Craster) . I was rather pleased when we were all voted in a united manner. Of course, I was only on the look out for Dr Dooms villians, and hadn't given the SK much thought until the last day.

The main thing is the Kill descriptions. People like GJ or gill would probably be less associated with such things, and yet they certainly know about them. That, combined with JBRs general trying to lynch Runcle on day 2 causes a bit of a worry on that front.

Also: How confused was I reading that death description. Expecting something like "You go to his house and find lots of window cleaning equipment" only to find Grim... telling the world I had pert tits. Given the slight confusion at the beginning of the game (where he didn't give me a replacement role) I thought something had gone horribly wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:19 
Paws for thought

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
But if they knew who I was, why the hell would they investigate? I'm still not sure they did, as it would be bloody stupid. In order to win they need to kill the hulk, and knowing who he is in advance sure achieves nothing.
Doesn't it seem much more likely that the villains and the SK both targetted Owen?

Well, no. The killer had to be Hybrid, as vapor doesn't kill and the rest are dead . And TRO was not exactly pulverised, so Hybrid wasn't involved. Unless joint kills aren't telegraphed like they used to be.

Other alternatives:

Vapor used (can't see any reason for this)
Timeout (didn't happen)
Some mysterious Hulkyness (maybe)
He targetted Craster (......)
Just decided not to kill (If there's only one goon remaining, he can't kill Iron man and so can only draw. Trying to lie low/let SK win)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:21 

Mr Dave wrote:
Well, no. The killer had to be Hybrid, as vapor doesn't kill and the rest are dead . And TRO was not exactly pulverised, so Hybrid wasn't involved. Unless joint kills aren't telegraphed like they used to be.
That's how I read it, there's no guarantee the kill description would cover both deaths. I grant you the other possibilities you list, but none of them look particularly likely to me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:23 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mr Dave wrote:
Unless joint kills aren't telegraphed like they used to be.

See, my thinking was that, if you went to kill someone, and they were already dead, would you kill them some more?

[edit]I've still got some spare commas if anyone wants them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:28 
Sleepyhead

Grim... wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

See, my thinking was that, if you went to kill someone, and they were already dead, would you kill them some more?

A ruling that would have saved my life had the baddies not got to me. I had attacked kalmar based on Dave's accusations.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:28 
Paws for thought

Grim... wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

But of course,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:29 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Grim... wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Couldnt you use them between the .'s ?

So you'd be Grim.,.,. ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:30 
Paws for thought

Curiosity wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

A ruling that would have saved my life had the baddies not got to me. I had attacked kalmar based on Dave's accusations.

I'm still surprised you went for Myp on day 1. I don't think, as the game stood, I'd have gone for a kill until the end of day 4. And even then I'm not sure I know who I'd have picked in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:31 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Tell them the truth, Curio ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 14:34 
Sleepyhead

Mr Dave wrote:
I'm still surprised you went for Myp on day 1. I don't think, as the game stood, I'd have gone for a kill until the end of day 4. And even then I'm not sure I know who I'd have picked in the end.

I was very busy at work last week, so decided that I shouldn't spend all my time playing Mafia games.

As such, I decided to kill every night, whether or not I had a clue about who was a bad guy. I chose myp for two reasons:

1 - I did suspect him a little (see my post on day one)
2 - If he was innocent, I could laugh at him, because it's myp.

I was pretty surprised when he turned out to be a villain. He immediately knew I had to be Venom though.

:)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 16:38 
Soopah red DS

That's... brilliant! I thought you must have just taken a flyer, reasoning that there was a chance you wouldn't be able to kill usefully, and that early on the town can take the hit. As it is... well, your reasoning wasn't altogether bad, though obviously I would have preferred it much more had you just killed him and then laughed anyway just because it was him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 16:41 
Time Out for Fun

Mr Dave wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

It'll be interesting to see who dies tonight. From previous posts in here it seems like JBR investigated Mr Dave on the first night, which is one reason why he wasn't killed, though I'm surprised nobody tried to start a lynch on him, as that would have been useful for the baddies.

They tried to spread mistrust. It was quite subtle though. For example

From Runcle in day 2: "Also through my dirty windows I cant tell if its raining still, is it?"
I'd claimed to be the window cleaner, he was impling there was no window cleaner.

erm that wasn't spreading mistrust at all, how was I know there was window cleaning role. It was just my way of playing within the game to ask grim.. if it was still raining.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 16:43 
Soopah red DS

Mr Dave wrote:
From JBR day 4 : "Mr Dave? Plays a canny game, I'm a bit suss just because he's normally offed early and hasn't been this time but I'm inclined to trust him."
Giving the best reason to lynch me, after having made sure it existed. But distancing himself as well. They didn't want to be linked.

Dang, but that looks clever now! It wasn't so much, though - my principle was just that it was squeaky bum time, I needed to look as innocent as possible so I was trying to say what I'd say if I were an innocent townie. As it happened, though, when I typed that message I initially left mention of my boy/s out - knowing he/they were bad, so my 'innocent townie' had to ignore them! Plus I included the fact that I knew you were innocent. That was just meant to make you trust me, if anything.

And I quickly threw in mention of the ones i knew to be bad. Oops!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 16:50 
Paws for thought

Grim... wrote:
Night actions by 9am Monday, but quicker is better. I think we can finish this off today.

Doesn't look likely, perhaps we need Dudley to run around naked a bit again

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 17:06 
Sleepyhead

JBR wrote:
That's... brilliant! I thought you must have just taken a flyer, reasoning that there was a chance you wouldn't be able to kill usefully, and that early on the town can take the hit. As it is... well, your reasoning wasn't altogether bad, though obviously I would have preferred it much more had you just killed him and then laughed anyway just because it was him.

After the second night when I targetted Craster as part of the 'Iron Man Sting', I was tempted to play properly, but decided to stick to my guns and try for a kill every night, mostly spurred on by the knowledge that since I wasn't a bad guy, chances are the bad guys would off me sooner rather than later (the bastards).

I chose kalmar as he seemed a little suss, and Mr Dave was pointing at him. My original plan had been to target Bobbyaro, for the same reasons as myp - I've known him for ages and it would be funny to be able to laugh at killing him for no reason the next time I saw him. Sadly, it now looks like had I stayed with the 'only kill your mates' policy, I'd have struck another blow for Town!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 17:15 
Paws for thought

Curiosity wrote:
Sadly, it now looks like had I stayed with the 'only kill your mates' policy, I'd have struck another blow for Town!

We don't know that yet (and if you had, I'd have been robbed of my srirring 'Bobby loves Runcle' speech, which has to be my favorite moment of the game, even if I was completely wrong.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:17 

I am properly in awe of Mr Dom for spelling his name out. Also: if there is two baddies left, they're screwed, I think. If there is one and they lynch a townie, it's stalemate, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:19 
Sleepyhead

*applauds Mr Dom*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:19 
Paws for thought

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I am properly in awe of Mr Dom for spelling his name out. Also: if there is two baddies left, they're screwed, I think. If there is one and they lynch a townie, it's stalemate, I think.

If that's the case, they've won. No lynchg can happem no the win is automatic. Get the wrong lynch, it's 1:1.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:24 
PC Gamer

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I am properly in awe of Mr Dom for spelling his name out.

:this:

Well played, sir. Well played.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:26 

I did wonder about that deed poll stuff at the start of day three.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:27 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Massive clue there, townies.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:32 
What's this bit for exactly?

*Smug mode engaged!*
I thought someone would have twigged by the end (what with the deed poll and the excommunication letter pointing out there was something going on with names)
And Dr G nearly scuppering my plans by getting killed off early, naughty spiderman!

But it was a lot of fun :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:39 
Ready for action

:(

I was trying to suggest whenever possible that the Hulk was dangerous to attack but I think everyone was too busy eying me suspiciously to notice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 
Sleepyhead

Mr Dave wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

If that's the case, they've won. No lynchg can happem no the win is automatic. Get the wrong lynch, it's 1:1.

The win conditions weren't posted in the rules thread, but if we've got no goodie night action and a 2-2 split then the game's over, and Grim... should either end it now or at least allow the bad guys to both vote no lynch to end the day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:44 
Isn't that lovely?

Mr Dom wrote:
*Smug mode engaged!*
I thought someone would have twigged by the end (what with the deed poll and the excommunication letter pointing out there was something going on with names)
And Dr G nearly scuppering my plans by getting killed off early, naughty spiderman!

But it was a lot of fun :D

Why couldn't I be the end M

you bastard!

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:51 
What's this bit for exactly?

Malc wrote:
you bastard!

Malc

I picked the first person who posted in that days thread who had the right letter.
So, it was your own fault! Muahahhahaaaa!
Except for Kalmar (cos Dr G got himself killed off early, the swine!) who I picked cos I thought he was a baddie. My baddie detector was completely rubbish all game tho :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 
Isn't that lovely?

Mr Dom wrote:
Malc wrote:
you bastard!

Malc

I picked the first person who posted in that days thread who had the right letter.
So, it was your own fault! Muahahhahaaaa!
Except for Kalmar (cos Dr G got himself killed off early, the swine!) who I picked cos I thought he was a baddie. My baddie detector was completely rubbish all game tho :(

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:54 
Paws for thought

Curiosity wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

The win conditions weren't posted in the rules thread, but if we've got no goodie night action and a 2-2 split then the game's over, and Grim... should either end it now or at least allow the bad guys to both vote no lynch to end the day.

All the bad guys need to do is own up and say no lynch is possible if there were two of them No need for secrecy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:55 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Today wouldn't have started if there were two left.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:00 
Isn't that lovely?

I am confused as to what happened to the hulk? someone attacked her, and she died? how is that different to any other attack?

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:00 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

It's not. SuperDuperGill (and loads of other people) spend the entire game saying it would be, though.

Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next