Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Course 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:15 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Grim... wrote:
Well, err, well, maybe. I mean, if it's a dumb theory it might help us catch the bad guys.

Catch them out, I mean.
Stupid no editing rules...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Grim... wrote:
Well, err, well, maybe. I mean, if it's a dumb theory it might help us catch the bad guys.

Yeah - what I meant was when people say "I'm suspicious of X, and Y" without providing any theory at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:17 
UltraMod

Craster wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Yeah - what I meant was when people say "I'm suspicious of X, and Y" without providing any theory at all.

Who's done that then?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:21 
Ready for action

Yeah but from what the 4781n0 kid had said he seemed to think he had deduced something to suggest who a bad guy was but he wasn't telling cos he'd get voted out. So I'm just saying, no one is really voting because we haven't had much time so why doesn't he tell us what he thinks he knows, we decided if it is nonsenical or if we want to go with it and either way we can then see what everyone else did in reaction to these events. As someone said earlier (Malc I think?) we lynch on day one for the info we gain from it. I don't like lynching randomly though so I'm trying to find a way we should get slightly more useable and structured info than the usual flailing until people bandwagon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:21 
What's this bit for exactly?

As I have to toddle off out for a bit, I'm gonna have to pitch in with a
[vote: Mr Dave]
in an attempt to do the 'get 2 people equal but close & see who is more suss' tactic that
a) has never worked, b) ) probably doesn't have time until the day ends to do anything meaningful, and c) has never worked.
Ummm...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:22 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

FOS: Albino and Gill's defending of him.

SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

FFS read the fucking thread.

Albino said "I suspect a few people but I'm not saying who"
Gill said "You should say who"
I said "There's no point sharing suspicions unless you can provide something to back them up".

SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Er - that was @myp.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:24 
Time Out for Fun

[vote:kalmar]

lusting over bridesmaids and now making drunken hiccup sounds, hes either a wedding crasher or the bored guest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:25 
Ready for action

I'm not defending him, I said tell us who you think you suspect so as we can use that info to try and get more info for the next few days. Then we can either lynch him tomorrow for being wrong which means he has to stop telling us he's brilliant at the game, or we have gotten rid of a baddy. I doubt he actually knows anything since at this point no one knows anything and I thought my reasons for telling him to speak up were quite logical actually.

SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

craster: 1 (myp)
kalmar: 2 (Mr Dave, Runcle)
thealbin0kid: 3 (Grim..., Craster, Malc)
mr dave: 3 (kalmar, zaphod79, Mr Dom)

Not voted: 8 (the rev owen, superdupergill, kovacsc, thealbin0kid, morte, mr chris, mr russell, joans)

With 17 players alive, 9 votes are required for a lynch, and 13 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

http://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/counter/

SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

superdupergill wrote:
Yeah but from what the 4781n0 kid had said he seemed to think he had deduced something to suggest who a bad guy was but he wasn't telling cos he'd get voted out.

If he's got any basis for suspicion at this point on the first day, then one of the bad guys has been very very stupid indeed (which is rare). It's more likely just so when someone is outed as a bad guy he can go "Ah, yes - remember those suspicions I mentioned? That was one of them."

Or it's just hogwash.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:26 
UltraMod

Craster wrote:
FFS read the fucking thread.

Albino said "I suspect a few people but I'm not saying who"
Gill said "You should say who"
I said "There's no point sharing suspicions unless you can provide something to back them up".

You said 'people who suspect X and Y', implying that they've named them. I can't see anywhere in the thread where people have said that.

baron of techno

Runcle wrote:
[vote:kalmar]

lusting over bridesmaids and now making drunken hiccup sounds, hes either a wedding crasher or the bored guest.

I'm jsut trying to enjoy the wedding here, you killjoy :( Sheesh!

SupaMod
Est. 1978

superdupergill wrote:
Then we can either lynch him tomorrow for being wrong which means he has to stop telling us he's brilliant at the game, or we have gotten rid of a baddy.

I don't think we've go the luxury of lynching people for being wrong, we just don't have the spare guests.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

myp wrote:
You said 'people who suspect X and Y', implying that they've named them. I can't see anywhere in the thread where people have said that.

THEY HAVEN'T, YOU PENIS. I'M SAYING THAT IF PEOPLE DO, IGNORE THEM.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:29 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

/room hushes, everyone looks at the red-faced gingerbeard man shouting at [INSERT CELEB THAT MYP IS MEANT TO LOOK LIKE HERE].

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:31 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

So roles then :

1 bride
1 groom
1 best man
0-2 'good' extras (photographer / wedding planner)

1 ex
1-4 crashers
0-1 "bad" extras (reckless guest)

6-12 guests

Its unlikely we'll have as many as 4 crashers , 2 seems like a round number , i'd also think we'll have 1 of the good extra's (photographer / planner) and i think the reckless guest (as its a bit of a wildcard) which would leave us with 9 'normal' guests.

So we have to get rid of 3 people in 6 rounds , with things that tight i'd say a photographer or planner that finds something out early should think about a role claim .... however we need to be careful that a crasher or the ex doesnt fake claim especially if there is a run against them.

Numbers wise the ex hitting a crasher would be good for us , but unlikely , we're more likely to hit a good character but i'm not sure of any great way to identify someone as bad other than voting for people and seeing what happens when we sit down to eat

I think the 'short' days will help to keep things moving but we're more likely to not get enough for a vote
and going from the last game where the 'town' really had to work hard to lose this is a very difficult one for the town to win

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:32 
UltraMod

Grim... wrote:
/room hushes, everyone looks at the red-faced gingerbeard man shouting at [INSERT CELEB THAT MYP IS MEANT TO LOOK LIKE HERE].

John Virgo. :DD

I love winding Craster up, it's so amusing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:35 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

Malc wrote:
We do need to move this on, so I'm going to pick one from the list up there, and [vote:thealbin0kid]

Malc

See, it's happening already. "Rush rush rush and vote or we'll loooooooose" cries Craster, despite obviously knowing that isn't the right way to play, which panics the flock. Which makes Craster very suspicious, except that I know he would want rid of me even if he thinks I'm a guest, just for shits and giggles, so I'm not actually that suspicious of Craster's intentions. I just think they are fucking stupid :D

And Gill> I'm not *sure* at this stage, it took me a day and a half to figure it out last time, we've been going less than 6 hours here so I'm not prepared to put my mortgage on anything yet and stand or fall by it (shush if you know I don't have a mortgage). It's just two more votes that would go against my name, along with Craster's shits and giggles vote, Grim...'s fuck it vote and Malc's "I don't like this gobby internet tosser" vote, none of which are based on anything.

Actually thinking about it, Grim... should know better, so [vote:Grim...]

WARNING!!! DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU CAN HANDLE THE SIGHT OF MAXIMUM PWNAGE!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:40 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

Craster wrote:
myp wrote:

THEY HAVEN'T, YOU PENIS. I'M SAYING THAT IF PEOPLE DO, IGNORE THEM.

Actually quite a few people have announced their suspicions of people. It's that thing where they write "vote:so and so"... indicates their suspicion of them. But people aren't ignoring that, they are jumping on the back of it because you also wrote "hurry up and vote if you're not going to be home before 7" to panic people into bandwagoning.

This forum really really needs an eyerolling smiley.

WARNING!!! DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU CAN HANDLE THE SIGHT OF MAXIMUM PWNAGE!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:40 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
Malc wrote:
We do need to move this on, so I'm going to pick one from the list up there, and [vote:thealbin0kid]

Malc

See, it's happening already. "Rush rush rush and vote or we'll loooooooose" cries Craster, despite obviously knowing that isn't the right way to play, which panics the flock.

We do have to vote, though. We just need to vote right.

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
Actually thinking about it, Grim... should know better, so [vote:Grim...]

Yay meta-data!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:41 
Isn't that lovely?

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
and Malc's "I don't like this gobby internet tosser"

Actually that didn't come into it at all, I chose you because Mr Dave has a space in his name and you don't.

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:41 
baron of techno

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
Seriously though, I have a couple of slight tinglings going on here. And there's a couple of people I suspect, one more than the other, but I can't name them because they haven't voted to lynch me and I'll just be making myself a target for their misguided lynch votes.

Don't you think it's more likely that, given what you've just said, instead of getting lynched by us you're more likely to get bumped off by the bad guys at the end of the course? Because you were right last time, and if you don't reveal who you suspect by the end of the day you will take your suspicion to the grave.

This is, of course, giving you far more credit than is probably due for making a lucky guess out of beginner's luck last time, but hey..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:43 
Isn't that lovely?

Malc wrote:
TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
and Malc's "I don't like this gobby internet tosser"

Actually that didn't come into it at all, I chose you because Mr Dave has a space in his name and you don't.

Malc

Which meant I could double click on your name, right click, copy, and then paste into text entry box.

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:45 
8-Bit Champion

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
See, it's happening already. "Rush rush rush and vote or we'll loooooooose" cries Craster,

We have 17 people here , we have a 'few' bad ones we have to pick out , we have a very short period of time , if we dont rush to do something we lose :

The chance to get rid of a bad one (odds are against it but if you never try you cant win)
The chance to get voting patterns for people who do and do not vote for the bad one (yes i know last game that didnt work but nothings perfect)
The chance that someone will get worked up and make a mistake

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
despite obviously knowing that isn't the right way to play, which panics the flock.

Why isnt it the right way to play ?

I'd also add myself to the 'i'm going to leave from work in 50 minutes and will not be back on until after the vote" , so for my vote to mean something i need to place it in the next 50 minutes.

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
Which makes Craster very suspicious,

Why ?

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
except that I know he would want rid of me even if he thinks I'm a guest, just for shits and giggles, so I'm not actually that suspicious of Craster's intentions. I just think they are fucking stupid :D

Oh :-(

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
And Gill> I'm not *sure* at this stage, it took me a day and a half to figure it out last time, we've been going less than 6 hours here so I'm not prepared to put my mortgage on anything yet and stand or fall by it (shush if you know I don't have a mortgage). It's just two more votes that would go against my name, along with Craster's shits and giggles vote, Grim...'s fuck it vote and Malc's "I don't like this gobby internet tosser" vote, none of which are based on anything.

No-one really has anything to go on at this stage , its names in a hat , the only people who have a clue at the moment are :

The Bride and groom and best man , thats a group of 3 'good' people , however they will probably not gang up on a single person right now

The Ex who knows the groom and may well try to start something against them (but probably wont be the first voter for them)

The crashers who really dont care about the vote part they dont really need to get involved they can almost sit back and do nothing for the 'day' part.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:47 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
"hurry up and vote if you're not going to be home before 7" to panic people into bandwagoning.

Do you think that people should avoid voting today, then?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:47 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I ask because I'm normally for that kind of thing, but the numbers in this game make it a bad idea.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:48 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

kalmar wrote:
TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
Seriously though, I have a couple of slight tinglings going on here. And there's a couple of people I suspect, one more than the other, but I can't name them because they haven't voted to lynch me and I'll just be making myself a target for their misguided lynch votes.

Don't you think it's more likely that, given what you've just said, instead of getting lynched by us you're more likely to get bumped off by the bad guys at the end of the course? Because you were right last time, and if you don't reveal who you suspect by the end of the day you will take your suspicion to the grave.

This is, of course, giving you far more credit than is probably due for making a lucky guess out of beginner's luck last time, but hey..

The bad guys won't bump me off because they know the wedding guests will do the job for them, probably sooner than later, so it would be a waste of an action for them to kill me. Even if I survive this course I am under no illusions that I will last more than 2 or 3 courses maximum. But people's agendas tend to show up within even a couple of days, so if you let me stick around that long I will be of use to this whole investigative malarkey... if not then yeah, everything will go to the grave with me.

So what's the harm in giving me a couple of days grace, hey? Like Gill says, if everything I figure out once I have had a decent crack at gathering evidence turns out to be toss then it'll shut me up forever more. And if it doesn't, then we might just win this thing against all the odds.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:51 
8-Bit Champion

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
The bad guys won't bump me off because they know the wedding guests will do the job for them, probably sooner than later, so it would be a waste of an action for them to kill me.

You seem to have missed the part of the rules where they just need to survive to the end of the meal , i actually think if it wasnt in there the best option for the crashers would be to not 'kill' someone overnight and keep the numbers up for them to hide , they want to take people out who are going to cause them problems and pretty much ignore the rest

The crashers victory condition is "Party On! – At least one Wedding Crasher finishes the full 6 course meal."

They just need to survive thats it - they dont need to get rid of everyone else , just still be around

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:53 
8-Bit Champion

Oh and :

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
But people's agendas tend to show up within even a couple of days, so if you let me stick around that long I will be of use to this whole investigative malarkey... if not then yeah, everything will go to the grave with me.

So what's the harm in giving me a couple of days grace, hey? Like Gill says, if everything I figure out once I have had a decent crack at gathering evidence turns out to be toss then it'll shut me up forever more. And if it doesn't, then we might just win this thing against all the odds.

Sounds very much like a role claim for Photographer or Wedding planner , which is *really* dumb at this point because they dont have any real info , and those are the people the crashers will want to get rid of , or are you going to tell us about your other 'wonderful' detective skills ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:54 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

Grim... wrote:
TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
"hurry up and vote if you're not going to be home before 7" to panic people into bandwagoning.

Do you think that people should avoid voting today, then?

The ones who have voted for me should avoid voting, yes ;)

Seriously, now it has fully dawned on me that we have to eliminate ALL of the wedding crashers to ensure wedded bliss (or do I have that wrong?), then we probably do need to take every chance we can get to lynch someone. It's just that I know everyone is doing it wrong by voting for me, so that colours my tactical judgement. But yes, I concede a lynch is pretty much essential. Just not the one everyone is doing.

I'm changing my vote to [vote: Mr Dave] to try and promote another legitimate candidate higher on the ballot paper. Which is a pretty dumb and selfish reason for voting, but everyone else is being dumb and trying to be sensible isn't working out too well for me so far so I may as well join the herd.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:56 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

thealbin0kid: 3 (Grim..., Craster, Malc)
mr dave: 4 (kalmar, zaphod79, Mr Dom, TheAlbin0Kid)

Not voted: 7 (the rev owen, superdupergill, kovacsc, morte, mr chris, mr russell, joans)

With 17 players alive, 9 votes are required for a lynch, and 13 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:57 
UltraMod

Mr Dave, your thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 16:59 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

zaphod79 wrote:
Sounds very much like a role claim for Photographer or Wedding planner , which is *really* dumb at this point

Yeah, I'm not roleclaiming anything, just to be clear. Or am I? ;)

No, I'm not.

See, all this harassment of being persecuted just for being gobby and unable to blend into the crowd has got me acting all silly now!

zaphod79 wrote:
or are you going to tell us about your other 'wonderful' detective skills ?

Haha, ZAPHOD just made a sarcastic comment about MY detective skills!!! ZAPHOD!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:02 
That Rev Chap

Simply to even things out - [vote:thealbin0kid]

Willing to swap just so we kick someone out though. Always fun.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
So what's the harm in giving me a couple of days grace, hey?

You're not any more entitled to a couple of day's grace than anyone else. If we give everyone a couple of day's grace, we potentially automatically lose.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:06 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

The Rev Owen wrote:
Simply to even things out - [vote:thealbin0kid]

Willing to swap just so we kick someone out though. Always fun.

If you want to make sure we kick someone out, then voting for the leading vote-owner would have been better...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:07 
UltraMod

What's making me suspicious is that the Binary Flid has the same number of votes as someone else (and he had fewer up until Owen's vote), but is acting like he's only moments from the chop.

I want to hear from Dave.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:08 
Time Out for Fun

I'm sick of the coins and fancied something new so I've made poker.

The Rev Owen - 3 of a kind (2's)
superdupergill - king high
myp - 3 of a kind (Ace's) Although one was a joker.
Craster - pair of 10's
KovacsC - king high
Grim... - 3 of a kind (10's)
kalmar - Pair of 7's (one card off a straight and a flush and a straight flush)
Malc - 3 of a king (8's)
TheAlbin0Kid - pair of jacks
Morte - Queen high (one off a straight)
Mr Chris - King High
Mr Dom - Pair of Jacks
Mr Russell - Queen High
zaphod79 - Queen High
Runcle - Pair of Kings (Ones a Joker)
Joans - 2 pairs 7's and 8's
Mr Dave - pair of 2's

So Myp won, and I think Zaphod has the worst hand.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:11 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

myp wrote:
What's making me suspicious is that the Binary Flid has the same number of votes as someone else (and he had fewer up until Owen's vote), but is acting like he's only moments from the chop.

I want to hear from Dave.

I know how quickly things happen in this game. And I know I'm bound to say something stupid that pushes me over the edge :'(

And Craster> yes, I know I'm no more entitled to a couple of days grace than anyone else... but so far I'm the only one asking for it, isn't my bare-faced cheek and effrontery worth anything? :) Don't you feel your iced-up heart starting to melt in the face of my rogueish charms and my waggish joie de vivre? A little bit, maybe? Anything?

Oh :(

SupaMod
Est. 1978

Runcle wrote:

[blah]

Does that mean Myp is bad and Zaphod good, or the other way around?

baron of techno

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
I'm changing my vote to [vote: Mr Dave] to try and promote another legitimate candidate higher on the ballot paper. Which is a pretty dumb and selfish reason for voting

You can't complain about that if you won't tell us who you actually suspect! Mr Dave was acting pretty weirdly at the start of the day and has since gone dead quiet, so I reckon he's a legitimate target for that reason (and that there's not much else to go on).

You are starting to protest a bit too much though, to be honest.

8-Bit Champion

And is of course still *5* votes away from being chucked out

Put it this way if everyoneone who voted for Dave switched we still wouldnt have enough to chuck him out.

Although it would be nice to wait for Mr Dave it may not be practical given the short timescales involved - i've got another 20 minutes here to change my vote - however i think its likely that we're not going to get enough for an 'ejection' today.

VOTE UPDATE

thealbin0kid: 4 (Grim..., Craster, Malc, The Rev Owen)
mr dave: 4 (kalmar, zaphod79, Mr Dom, TheAlbin0Kid)

Not voted: 6 (superdupergill, kovacsc, morte, mr chris, mr russell, joans)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:12 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

The wedding meal has barely started, and AlbanianFudge has already got his bare cheeks out.

Ready for action

The votes now are just going for someone who is dangerous when a baddy and someone who is an easy target :(

the reason I said lets hear what albino says is because chances are he would choose two less obvious targets and we would then at least have peoples reactions to judge as well as being able to judge him. If albino and dave are innocent I don't really think we gain anything from lynching them since anyone who voted will just say either I voted for dave because he is good at the game or I voted for albino because he's albino.
I think a vote for one of the quiet ones could have been more useful.
Obviously albino or dave could be a baddy though and I understand the need for a lynch since we have no info so I will put a vote in before seven.

Pyrotechnician!!!1

Runcle wrote:

The Rev Owen - 3 of a kind (2's)
superdupergill - king high
myp - 3 of a kind (Ace's) Although one was a joker.
Craster - pair of 10's
KovacsC - king high
Grim... - 3 of a kind (10's)
kalmar - Pair of 7's (one card off a straight and a flush and a straight flush)
Malc - 3 of a king (8's)
TheAlbin0Kid - pair of jacks
Morte - Queen high (one off a straight)
Mr Chris - King High
Mr Dom - Pair of Jacks
Mr Russell - Queen High
zaphod79 - Queen High
Runcle - Pair of Kings (Ones a Joker)
Joans - 2 pairs 7's and 8's
Mr Dave - pair of 2's

Hmmmm, Kalmar's hand looks fishiest there though... like he tried to rig the deck but didn't quite do it right...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:13 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

kalmar wrote:
You can't complain about that if you won't tell us who you actually suspect!

To be fair, I did tell him not to.

[Vote:Mr Dave]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:13 
Time Out for Fun

Grim... wrote:
Runcle wrote:

[blah]

Does that mean Myp is bad and Zaphod good, or the other way around?

I don't know I've just made it up. Probably nothing with how crap the coins have been recently.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:14 
8-Bit Champion

Runcle wrote:
Mr Russell - Queen High
zaphod79 - Queen High

And I think Zaphod has the worst hand.

Why when I have the *same* as Mr Russell ?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next