Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game V Day III: The Penguin's Disastrous End
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:55 
That Rev Chap

Pundabaya wrote:
That Jason Todd can fuck right off...

:this:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:57 
Rakish Member

Mr Russ wrote:
Nobody answered my earlier question as to which roles are still in the game that can roleblock? I ask for two reasons:

1) I am not very good at this game, and so need things like this explaining to me. Especially about the order of night actions.

2) Nobody was released from the asylum last night, which means the Governor was probably roleblocked, which means I'm stuck in here. Which I'd rather not be thanks, as it means all my suspicion-mongering cannot have a vote attached to it.

Mafia Roleblocker and Batman.

Assuming Batman may have captured Robin last night, they may have been blocked by the Mafia Roleblocker.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 19:58 
Excellent Member

Mr Russ wrote:
Nobody answered my earlier question as to which roles are still in the game that can roleblock? I ask for two reasons:

1) I am not very good at this game, and so need things like this explaining to me. Especially about the order of night actions.

2) Nobody was released from the asylum last night, which means the Governor was probably roleblocked, which means I'm stuck in here. Which I'd rather not be thanks, as it means all my suspicion-mongering cannot have a vote attached to it.

Batman has a roleblock ability. Thats about it I think having not gone back to read the rules before posting.

Robin (if he exists) can also roleblock an attempt on batman life, at the expense of his own.

Doctor Quinzell doesnt roleblock, as her action is the last of the night.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 20:23 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

KevR wrote:
Quote:
[vote:Bobbyaro]

You seem to chirp in with comments that incriminate others, don't vote for them (probably so you have a get out if they are innocent) and them melt back into the background.

I voted Bobbyaro on Day 1 for the reason above and I still think it's valid.

Apart from the fact that I have voted consistantly for Runcle, the person who has successfully wiped out the town's only chance investigating people. Not sure why you would side with him on this, unless you don't have the town's best interests at heart?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 20:40 
Rakish Member

Bobbyaro wrote:
KevR wrote:
Quote:

You seem to chirp in with comments that incriminate others, don't vote for them (probably so you have a get out if they are innocent) and them melt back into the background.

Apart from the fact that I have voted consistantly for Runcle, the person who has successfully wiped out the town's only chance investigating people. Not sure why you would side with him on this, unless you don't have the town's best interests at heart?

So a vote for you is a vote against the Town.

Can't say I agree with that.

The Town's last investigative role was successfully wiped out by 11 people, some who are probably innocent, some who are probably not.

Runcle may be dodgy but I wouldn't say he fitted Mafia. They are currently under no pressure what so ever, I don't think they would have one of there own play such a high profile part in lynching someone they would have known was benign.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 20:42 
Excellent Member

KevR wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
KevR wrote:
Quote:

Can't say I agree with that.

The Town's last investigative role was successfully wiped out by 11 people, some who are probably innocent, some who are probably not.

Runcle may be dodgy but I wouldn't say he fitted Mafia. They are currently under no pressure what so ever, I don't think they would have one of there own play such a high profile part in lynching someone they would have known was benign.

The towns last investigative roll was killed over night, actually.

Im off out now, will check in tommorow as Im staying at a mates house, so excuse inactivity.

Have fun while im gone!

[vote:KevR]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 20:46 
Rakish Member

LaceSensor wrote:

The towns last investigative roll was killed over night, actually.

Im off out now, will check in tommorow as Im staying at a mates house, so excuse inactivity.

Have fun while im gone!

[vote:KevR]

Well yes, although we have no real guarantee that The Penguin would have been acting in our best interests.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 21:10 

Quote:
Well yes, although we have no real guarantee that The Penguin would have been acting in our best interests.

Actually we did, because had the doctor protected him, it could have been withdrawn at any point, meaning Penguin had to keep us happy, otherwise the doctor would have stopped protecting him.

Quote:

1) yes it is.
2) I didn't say that, You said that I hadn't voted for anyone, and that was making me suspect. I pointed out that I had voted for someone, twice. The same person two days running. And then gave my reasons for doing so.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 21:30 
Rakish Member

Bobbyaro wrote:
Quote:

Actually we did, because had the doctor protected him, it could have been withdrawn at any point, meaning Penguin had to keep us happy, otherwise the doctor would have stopped protecting him.

How exactly would we have known if the Penguin turned against us and started feeding us misinformation?

Bobbyaro wrote:
Quote:

1) yes it is.
2) I didn't say that, You said that I hadn't voted for anyone, and that was making me suspect. I pointed out that I had voted for someone, twice. The same person two days running. And then gave my reasons for doing so.

That was my original reason for voting for you on Day 1, you finally voted near the end of Day 2 after people started querying whether or not you would eventually vote.

I believe you voted for Runcle on the basis of his arguments against Malc and that you believe he is Mafia. I think his arguments against Malc were valid even if I felt keeping the Penguin alive was a risk worth taking and Runcle played a part in going after two innocents (well not really innocent, but people who would have acted in the Town's interest if they were to be believed) in a very high profile way even though they would probably have been lynched anyway. I can't see the Mafia taking a gamble like that. Why would they?

As such, I don't think your reasons for wanting to lynch him are particularly valid.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 21:31 
Rude Belittler

Holy Reasoned Exchange of Opinions, Batman

[Vote:Bobbyaro]*THWOCK!!!!!*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 21:37 
Sleepyhead

Hmmm...

I'm more convinced of people NOT to lynch than people to lynch.

I'm taking CG, Lace and Pundy off my radar for now.

Currently toying between FOSing at RUncle and Bobby largely.

But I'm a bit tipsy rigth now, so I won't vote until the morning (or til i sober up a bit). Given nobody is on more than two votes I reckon that's the best way to play it,

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 21:50 

We would have known because if the peguin tld us some one was mafia and we lynched them and they weren't, it would have been pretty obvious.

Having read through yesterday's thread again, I noticed the following:

Runcle is really pushing for a SS lynching.

Then all of a sudden Runcle stops, makes some vague reference to a group of people (LS, CG, Dudley and SS) who we know to not be bad. And votes for Dudley. From that point in, he is all over Dudley like a rash.

It is a strange change of behaviour, almost as if, say, he had been told to change target.

The only redeeming thing I can find is a quote about Pundabaya:

"I'm pretty sure Pundabaya wants the Town to win"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:03 
Sweet Potato

Bobbyaro wrote:

This would have been a really risky thing to do until we were absolutely sure he was the Penguin, as it would have effectively tied up the doctor with protecting him, allowing the mafia to hit anyone else. If he was mafia he could have ridden out the game this way. This is precisely why I was so vocally against him- someone who looks as though they're guaranteed town who isn't is potentially of massive risk. I have seen towns lose games before due to falling for a fake cop, it really is potentially lethal.

A lot of these arguments against Runcle seem to be from the benefit of hindsight; of the "how on earth could someone attack pro-town players, he must be scum" variety. As someone who said much the same as he did I can't help thinking he made a perfectly valid argument and made a lot of sense, and I don't think he's automatically mafia just because he was wrong. That doesn't mean that he isn't mafia, of course, but I don't think arguing against Malc makes him particularly scummy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:04 
Rakish Member

Bobbyaro wrote:
We would have known because if the peguin tld us some one was mafia and we lynched them and they weren't, it would have been pretty obvious.

Yes, so obvious that, if he choose to stab us in the back, he would have been unlikely to do this.

How would we have known if he told us a Mafia or another baddie was Town or that he even was the Penguin? If he kept saying everyone was Town how would we know he was genuinely investigating them or just saying they were and pretending to be the Penguin?

Whilst I think that it would have been worthwhile to keep the Penguin alive in order to hopefully take out a few baddies, he would have probably stabbed us in the back eventually and I think Runcle's arguments warning us against believing the Penguin were valid.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:08 
Sweet Potato

KevR wrote:
Whilst I think that it would have been worthwhile to keep the Penguin alive in order to hopefully take out a few baddies, he would have probably stabbed us in the back eventually and I think Runcle's arguments warning us against believing the Penguin were valid.

Especially as he kept saying that he could prove he was the penguin, despite this being almost impossible (the only way to do it I can think of is to find the Joker). It seemed as though he was trying to claim his roleclaim was far more solid than it really was. I think doubting someone in such a situation is more sensible than not, even though in this case he turned out to be telling the truth.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:08 
PC Gamer

Why the bloody hell was Curiosity let out of Arkham on Night 1 and nobody last night?

Get me the fuck out of this dump, for God's sake. There's a 99% chance I'm not the joker, and a better chance I'm not Scum than anybody else left in the game other than Lace. LET ME OUT.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:09 
Time Out for Fun

again im sorry for the deaths of malc and dudley, I only changed to dudley when the majority switched from him to malc, I honestly believed there was a small group going, and Im tempted to vote for bobby but I think that may be because hes against me.
My vote against grim... is pretty baseless since hes barely been on but I think now the majority of the mafia have been quiet letting me and dudley act like fools. so I may be tempted to switch, I vote kevr was a bit iffy before but his standing up for me may have swayed me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:12 
Rakish Member

Just to reiterate.

My main reason for voting for Bobbyaro is not that he voted for Runcle, it was his initial dipping in and out casting aspersions on everyone.

I find this to be more suspicious and in keeping with what I would believe Mafia behavior to be at this stage in the game given their current unscathed state.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:14 
Rakish Member

Rodafowa wrote:
Why the bloody hell was Curiosity let out of Arkham on Night 1 and nobody last night?

Get me the fuck out of this dump, for God's sake. There's a 99% chance I'm not the joker, and a better chance I'm not Scum than anybody else left in the game other than Lace. LET ME OUT.

Possibly a Mafia role block.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:22 
That Rev Chap

Vote Update

bobbyaro: 2 votes (kevr, pundabaya)
grim...: 1 vote (runcle)
kevr: 1 vote (lacesensor)
runcle: 1 vote (bobbyaro)
tsumuch: 1 vote (comicalgnomes)
vegetables: 1 vote (plissken)

Not voted: craig, craster, curiosity, goddess jasmine, grim..., mimi, mr russ, richardgaywood, rodafowa, sheepeh, tsumuch, vegetables, zardoz

With 17 players alive and free, 9 votes are required for a lynch and 13 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:25 
Time Out for Fun

whens the deadline?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:26 

KevR wrote:
Just to reiterate.

My main reason for voting for Bobbyaro is not that he voted for Runcle, it was his initial dipping in and out casting aspersions on everyone.

I find this to be more suspicious and in keeping with what I would believe Mafia behavior to be at this stage in the game given their current unscathed state.

As I stated on the first day, I was on a training course and could only post in between short breaks. Since then I have posted consistently.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:26 
Sleepyhead

Another question:

Do we have a doctor? If so, he/she either didn't believe Malc or chose to protect someone else.

If they had gone along with Penguin's idea. he would still be alive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:32 
That Rev Chap

Runcle wrote:
whens the deadline?

11:59pm Saturday - it's always in the first post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:33 
Time Out for Fun

could of protected pundabaya despite no one going for him.
thats if one existed.

actually I thought Id post my suspicions.

i was suspicious of craig being quite ongoing to lynch mimi despite her being in jail, although if she is innocent im sure herself being there would be good for the mafia.
also sheepeh has been really quiet which is never usually a good sign.
craster was vocal when me and him were baddies and now hes quiet, could that be because we lost both times or because hes a baddie again and is trying a different tact.
grim... very quiet but he says he has reasons, Im unsure it sounds dodgy even if the real life reasons are true.

other notices, plissken has played very similar as hes always played, im not sure if thats familiarity or if someone could check his other roles in previous games.
Im on my friends computer and have been for the last few hours thats why its been spordic posting, Ill probably be on later drunk telling you all to lynch someone because they've used the letter 'x' in a sentence.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:35 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Buggery buggery hell. I got in and had to play my matches with ScarySheep, so that's why I've been quiet, today.

Okay. To be perfectly honest, same as yesterday I have little idea what's going on because there's so many little side arguments seemingly. I am finding it hard to concentrate on the actual game itself, rather than "The LaceSensor Incident".

For now, I'm going to have to go with Runcle, just because of his voting record. I am open to good points, however.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:40 
Rakish Member

Bobbyaro wrote:
KevR wrote:
Just to reiterate.

As I stated on the first day, I was on a training course and could only post in between short breaks. Since then I have posted consistently.

That doesn't explain why you would be casting aspersions on people all the time and not acting on them, it just causes confusion.

You only voted when the fact that, until that point, you hadn't was starting to cause people to challenge you on the fact.

You then voted for an easy target with reasons I don't feel were particularly valid.

As previously stated, I think your behaviour fits Mafia.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 22:41 
Rakish Member

Curiosity wrote:
Another question:

Do we have a doctor? If so, he/she either didn't believe Malc or chose to protect someone else.

If they had gone along with Penguin's idea. he would still be alive.

If we do, I suggest they keep quiet!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 23:06 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Runcle wrote:
[Vote:Grim...]

Im going back to my first vote, my theories have been shit, hes been relatively quiet and he got 10 heads on the coin toss.

Yeah, I said a few days back that I had people round this weekend so I wouldn't be posting much, especially Saturday afternoon - Monday.
I'm impressed with my 10 heads, though. Can your program pick me some lottery numbers, too?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 23:22 
Best
Board Mother

Well I've just caught up and I'm still non the wiser! I need to vote before I leave tomorrow though, or I won't get one in as I won't be back until lateish.

proof

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 23:24 
Awesome
Yes

*mumble, mumble* enjoy your voting ability *mumble*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 23:29 
Rakish Member

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Well I've just caught up and I'm still non the wiser! I need to vote before I leave tomorrow though, or I won't get one in as I won't be back until lateish.

proof

I believe using sources outside the game threads to backup claims is very much frowned upon now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 23:31 
Awesome
Yes

I think we should refrain from commenting on it, and let The Rev do that. It's his game, he can make the rules, and we can get on with the psychological blustering.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 23:32 
Best
Board Mother

Even posting my own post? That seems to be taking things a bit far, technically I'm only quoting myself!

Rakish Member

Mr Russ wrote:
I think we should refrain from commenting on it, and let The Rev do that. It's his game, he can make the rules, and we can get on with the psychological blustering.

Agreed. :)

Best
Board Mother

Double agreed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 0:02 
That Rev Chap

Explaining why you're going to be quiet is okay. No problem there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 0:21 
That Rev Chap

I'm very tired. Doesn't look like vount count necessary. Bed now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:17 
Time Out for Fun

question? is who online at the bottom at the who online bit on a mafia scum forum section meta data? im just unsure because it is on the actual mafia scum actual forum pages.

not that Ive seen anything but it seems like something that should be in the rules if theres a problem. You could see if someones looking at the section and not posting. not that it means something mind, I havent got a job and shit like this takes up way too much of my time as you can see with yesterday. again sorry dudley. I really wonder how malc and dudley think about me at the moment and how much I must look guilty to them. is tsumuch not modkilled yet though, not meaning to sound guilty but the lack of contribution must be near the edge of death. unless Ive missed a post, my last few pages have been on a mates dodgy laptop and a mobile phone.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:35 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Runcle wrote:
question? is who online at the bottom at the who online bit on a mafia scum forum section meta data? im just unsure because it is on the actual mafia scum actual forum pages.

I don't think you can help noticing it, but bringing it up here as an argument against someone would be bad form, IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:42 
Time Out for Fun

Craster wrote:
Runcle wrote:

I don't think you can help noticing it, but bringing it up here as an argument against someone would be bad form, IMHO.

fair enough, I was just wondering, I guess it would bring the suspicion upon myself especially since recently Ive been leaving it on when Ive been trying to do the GTA achievement do the game in 30 hours thing. But I think we should have a big discuission after this game with queries even if people thinks there quite minor I think any point should be brought up in the terms of meta data I knwo theyve drove me round the bend in the last 2 games.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:43 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Runcle wrote:
But I think we should have a big discuission after this game with queries even if people thinks there quite minor I think any point should be brought up in the terms of meta data I knwo theyve drove me round the bend in the last 2 games.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:49 
Time Out for Fun

Craster wrote:
Runcle wrote:
But I think we should have a big discuission after this game with queries even if people thinks there quite minor I think any point should be brought up in the terms of meta data I knwo theyve drove me round the bend in the last 2 games.

Agreed.

I knew you would agree, it fucked us over last game heh. But there has to be more strict rules about it otherwise the fair odds between each sides will be lost.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:04 
PC Gamer

Just out of interest, are we all ignoring the fact that the night Mr. Russ got brought into the Asylum there was no Mafia kill?

Yes, of course it could be that they were roleblocked or a possible Doctor didn't pick Spinglo Sponglo! (which he almost certainly would have done were he in the game and able to) and instead miraculously divined who the Mafia would try to off instead, or they could be trying to spread disinformation - but come ON, people, he's been acting out of character all game. Are we determined to ignore the first piece of vaguely convincing circumstantial evidence that we've been handed?

Hang him. Hang him high, for God's sake.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:08 
PC Gamer

Oh, and thanks a bunch for offing our only Mafia-hunting weapon Azrael, you tool.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:18 
Time Out for Fun

Rodafowa wrote:
Just out of interest, are we all ignoring the fact that the night Mr. Russ got brought into the Asylum there was no Mafia kill?

Yes, of course it could be that they were roleblocked or a possible Doctor didn't pick Spinglo Sponglo! (which he almost certainly would have done were he in the game and able to) and instead miraculously divined who the Mafia would try to off instead, or they could be trying to spread disinformation - but come ON, people, he's been acting out of character all game. Are we determined to ignore the first piece of vaguely convincing circumstantial evidence that we've been handed?

there was a mafia kill it brought the end of the joker kill it seems. unless that was azrael. but one would contradict the other.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:38 
Rakish Member

Rodafowa wrote:

Are you ignoring the fact that Mr Dave's offing would appear to be a joint Mafia/Joker hit?

Pulling focus from Bobbyaro perhaps?

I notice you both seem to have a fondness for ending days either voting for no one or being the only person to vote for someone. You with Mr Russ and Bobbyaro with Runcle.

Your reason for voting for Mr Russ was even more flimsy, I believe you originally voted for him for not acting suspiciously.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:11 
PC Gamer

I've got a fondness for voting for no-one because I'm stuck in the bloody asylum, you berk.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:12 
Rude Belittler

Holy Shocking News, Batman... I don't suspect Mr Russ at all, though that's because he hasn't done anything silly... yet.

*Points at Rodafowa* Wrongdoer! I suspect you!

Anyone got any vaseline, this rubber suit is proper chafing?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:12 
Rakish Member

Rodafowa wrote:
I've got a fondness for voting for no-one because I'm stuck in the bloody asylum, you berk.

Ha! Sorry.

Why the pursuit of Mr Russ though?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next