Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: SuperScum: Issue #5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 21:37 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Odd - it felt like no sooner had your head hit the pillow it was time to get up again. Still, back to the beach you go.
You are quick to spot that there is no The Rev Owen. You don't have to look far for him - he's lying on the beach, a crude wooden cross near his head. 'The Rev Owen, 1970 - 2009' is written on the wood, but 'The Rev' has been crudely scraped off, and nearby is a badly written letter saying 'You have been Excommunicated and can no longer use 'The Rev' in your name!' signed 'The Pope'. It is written in crayon. Anyway, the body... It appears that Owen was sprayed with superglue and then rolled in grey feathers. A paper beak is taped over his mouth, and he has been beaten to death with a baseball bat, which is laying nearby. Scrawled on the bat in blood are the words 'Achievement Unlocked'.
Suddenly alive again, The Rev Owen looks up and says "I was rubbish at this bloody game". Then he gets up and heads up to the Dead Thread. The Rev Owen was Deadpool.

This day will end at 5pm on Friday.

Post subject: Re: SuperScum: Issue #5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 21:38 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

[playerlist]
Bobbyaro
Craster
Goddess Jasmine
LaceSensor
Morte
Mr Dave
Mr Dom
Superdupergill
[/playerlist]

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 21:45 
Paws for thought

WEll, there went my +1.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 21:52 
Best
Board Mother

Bugger, I thought you were deadpool from your reference to having read the rules yesterday. Bah.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 21:56 
Paws for thought

No. Just that I knew who he was.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 22:56 
Ready for action

Ok that vote happened pretty quickly this afternoon,I posted my last message and went out so I didn't see the message craster had left before me otherwise I'd have voted that way too. I'm bloody sick of trying to come up with theories and putting my money where my mouth is only for a vote rush to leave me looking dodgier than a dodge in a dodge factory.

So how come we only have one kill,is that the serial killer?so we have potentially how many bad guys left?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 23:58 
What's this bit for exactly?

First off - WOOO! In your face Dr Doom!

Hybrid(?) - the one who has been pulverising people - is definitely still out there, and possibly Vapor
With no Dr Doom, only one henchman can use their ability a night so it could be that Vapor investigated stuff last night - hence no kill. No way to know tho, and tbh Im not sure why they would investigate rather than just kill :S

So - 1, maybe 2 bad guys & an SK still to go...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:47 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bah, that's annoying. I actually thought I'd blown the whistle on Deadpool on day 2 mind, so I'm amazed he lived this long. And yes, Kalmar, I did have a reason for voting for Runcle!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:09 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

Hmmm interesting...but too boozed up to make any judgement at the moment. But you know how we exoctic dancers are...daddy issues.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:43 
Paws for thought

Craster wrote:
Bah, that's annoying. I actually thought I'd blown the whistle on Deadpool on day 2 mind, so I'm amazed he lived this long. And yes, Kalmar, I did have a reason for voting for Runcle!!!!!

It was a bit obvious in hindsight, but as it was going on, it wasn't noticable.

Still, last day to catch the Black Spectre.

Aside from myself, there are two people who I'm sure are Town.

GJ isn't one of them. She could still be Mr Spectre, but I find myself fairly unconvinced on that front. She could arguably have come up with the kill descriptions, and have expected to be unassociated, but I find myself more liable to agree with the evidence which says she's just a Townie.

I have a couple of things I want to investigate now though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:22 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Mr Dom wrote:
First off - WOOO! In your face Dr Doom!

:this: :DD
I like Mr Dom's style!

So, what happened then? The SK obviously did for poor Rev Owen. Does that mean that the bad guys investigated? So that means there are two left?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:41 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

It does rather look like they investigated, though I'm not entirely sure why when they can just kill anyone who they might want to investigate.

This in turn then suggests that we do indeed have a Hybrid and a Vapor, which is a real shame.

Right, well. My only real source of info is battered chicken, so I welcome suggestions at this point. If we want a straight win, we need to take out Black Spectre tonight. With no information to go on, that does possibly mean being entirely random.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:20 

Well, there are a couple of people who are being very quiet, I have seen them around the square, but they are stood in the corners looking shifty.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:30 

Is it possible that Hulk got attacked & fended off the attack but didn't remember?
Not sure how to get the SK tho, but we did get some more info from yesterdays vote:
People who didnt vote for JBR:

mr dom: 1 (JBR)
morte: 2 (LaceSensor, Morte)
mr dave: 2 (superdupergill)

people who didnt vote for Runcle, way back on day 2:
kalmar: 1 (Mr Dave)
curiosity: 2 (Runcle, Mr Russell)
goddess jasmine: 5 (JBR, Bobbyaro, Morte, kalmar, superdupergill)

Morte & superdupergill are the only remaining matches.. & its a tough call tbh.
Morte went all wierd yesterday, and superdupergill is being all 'TV? What TV officer? THAT TV? Nah, never seen it before...'
Anyway, I'm happy to defer to Crasters judgement, and we have got loads of time before we need to decide anything.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:00 
Paws for thought

Ok,

Claimed Roles:

Bobbyarooooo: Taxi driver?
Craster: Iron man
GJ :
Lacey panties:
Morte: daytime exotic dancer
Mr Dave: Window cleaner (Although Runcle tried to suggest there was no window cleaner... cute. JBR also trying to drop hints to get me killed too. They liked me)
King Dom I:
SuperDuperGill:

Presence or absense of a role doesn't really show anything, mind.
I'm leaning towards trusting Mortes roleclaim, which leaves me with two main suspects.

LaceSensor as Black Spectre and SDG as Hybrid?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:15 
Ready for action

If it is alright with everyone I will wait to see what Craster says before putting in a vote or anything. The only thing I will say is that I believed Mortes role claim as well as soon as he mentioned it however I did at the time wonder aloud what he did at night time if his role specifically states he is a day time exotic dancer?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:18 

Mr Dave wrote:

I am thinking that LS is Black Spectre, SDG as Hybrid not so sure, but then I don't really know much. She is very chatty, and that isn't a normal bad guy tell, but then she is new to town, so...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:20 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I know little more than anyone else today, to be honest. I do have a couple of people who've made me suspicious, mind. I'm nervous of the fact that if I name someone there's a good chance it's game over for that person.

A likely 3 bad guys and four townies (ignoring me). That makes the odds pretty good for lynching a bad 'un. It also means that lynching a good guy gets us further and further towards being outnumbered.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:24 
Paws for thought

Bobbyaro wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

I am thinking that LS is Black Spectre, SDG as Hybrid not so sure, but then I don't really know much. She is very chatty, and that isn't a normal bad guy tell, but then she is new to town, so...

Seems reluctant to make enemies though. Keen to broadcast her role as a townie (Oh no, poor Wolverine, poor MaliA and so on) while not claiming a job.

I don't know whether this is typical behaviour for her. She is a newcomer to these parts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:32 

Mr Dave wrote:
I don't know whether this is typical behaviour for her. She is a newcomer to these parts.

Aye, but this be as good a reason as any in myyy book.

*fetches pitchfork, realise I'm a taxi driver not a pirate, sulk*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:41 
Ready for action

Well i did attempt to make a couple of discreet references to my job and actually thought I was being ridiciously obvious but perhaps not.

I was going to try and be less vocal today since is that making the town want to kill but I have lasted about 10 minutes since I last posted and here I go again...

I think that reading back through everything, I will ignore any previous suspicions I have had and try to be scientific about it, which I should have doen from the start since that's what I'm best at.
Craster=Goody
Me=Goody (go with me on this one)
GJ=Goody(everyone else seems to get this so cool, also just noticed Runcle drew attention to her on day 1 page 1 and he's a bad guy so unlikely she was in his team
Mr Dave=Goody(everyone else seems to accept this,so we'll go with that
Mr Dom=
LaceSensor=
Bobbyaro=
Morte=

Unsure about the last four. Mr Dave suggested LaceSensor and myself as bad guys and Bobbyaro immediatly repeated this, although a few comments later he highlighted me as a lynch target without voting for me so this makes me a bit unsure of him.
Hopefully if you guys are still viewing this from the me being a good guy point of view you can understand why...maybe he is a bad guy, and lacesensor is a bad guy, so someone points the finger at me and lacesensor and bobbyaro then deflects it to me without looking like the person who is instigating it to save his team mate for another night?
Obviously he could just be a townie clutching at straws like the rest of us.

I think my post could have used a few commas.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:58 

superdupergill wrote:
Well i did attempt to make a couple of discreet references to my job and actually thought I was being ridiciously obvious but perhaps not.

I was going to try and be less vocal today since is that making the town want to kill but I have lasted about 10 minutes since I last posted and here I go again...

I think that reading back through everything, I will ignore any previous suspicions I have had and try to be scientific about it, which I should have doen from the start since that's what I'm best at.
Craster=Goody
Me=Goody (go with me on this one)
GJ=Goody(everyone else seems to get this so cool, also just noticed Runcle drew attention to her on day 1 page 1 and he's a bad guy so unlikely she was in his team
Mr Dave=Goody(everyone else seems to accept this,so we'll go with that
Mr Dom=
LaceSensor=
Bobbyaro=
Morte=

Unsure about the last four. Mr Dave suggested LaceSensor and myself as bad guys and Bobbyaro immediatly repeated this, although a few comments later he highlighted me as a lynch target without voting for me so this makes me a bit unsure of him.
Hopefully if you guys are still viewing this from the me being a good guy point of view you can understand why...maybe he is a bad guy, and lacesensor is a bad guy, so someone points the finger at me and lacesensor and bobbyaro then deflects it to me without looking like the person who is instigating it to save his team mate for another night?
Obviously he could just be a townie clutching at straws like the rest of us.

I think my post could have used a few commas.

Err, and a bit of sense as well. I said I didn't think you were Hybrid, and that I thought LS was BS.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 13:11 
Ready for action

You didnt say you didnt think I was Hybrid, you said you werent very sure but then went on to say
Bobbyaro wrote:
but then I don't really know much

and
Bobbyaro wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

The more I reread your posts from Day 2 the more suspicious I get.

I had decided I wouldn't do this again but oh well, you all have started focusing on me anyway so I might as well give you something to think about.
[vote: Bobbyaro]

I would ask everyone to go and reread all his posts from day 2 from a neutral perspective and then come back and share your thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 14:09 

superdupergill wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

This was just an excuse to sound like a pirate :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 15:14 
Paws for thought

A journal of LaceSensor:

Quote:
Day 1:

hiya town

---

Such as shame wolverine dies just as his new movie is coming out.
wonder if he will get a posthumous oscar too?

--

(vote:MaliA)

we need to stop the spread of STDs/AIDs

Day 2:

On my blackberry but I'm interested by the coins. Heh, even if we lynch runcle we will still have his coin data ...hmm what to do

--

Yeah and sometimes its a big brown d1ck ! (George Carlin RIP)

Im in London and going out for some food now, so [vote:runcle]
Catch you when I get back to see the progress...

--

Day 3 : slient

Day 4 :

I do not even know where to start...

Happy to poke around a see what happens however.
The Rev Owen I think I trust, so ill join in and (vote:Morte)

Ive been quiet due to being quite busy with my day job.

--

Im currently Gorging on creme eggs its awesome, love Easter.

I cant really think of anyone to point a finger at explicitly, but obviously some people have more to read into than others.

Mr Dave doesnt seem dodgy to me. Superdupergill is maybe trying to hard. But Im guessing Townie right now.

Barely anything there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:02 
Paws for thought

Upon much deliberation, [vote: LaceSensor]

He's the only person remaining in the game who's given no information on himself at all. We're five days in. He's probably hiding something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:33 
Ready for action

Mr Dave wrote:
Upon much deliberation, [vote: LaceSensor]

He's the only person remaining in the game who's given no information on himself at all. We're five days in. He's probably hiding something.

I'm telling you, i think I've cracked it, LaceSensor and Bobbyaro for bad guys. (of course this probably means that it is in actual fact Morte and Mr Dom)

I will happily change my vote to LaceSensor if that is the direction people start voting, I'll check back and see what is going on throughout the evening.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:38 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I'm going to go out on a limb here and target my vote for the one person who's done a good job of avoiding suspicion, gathering trust, and pointing the finger. It's a gut feel, but the more I read through the posts, the more I trust it.

[vote:Mr Dave]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:40 
Paws for thought

So be it

But you're so very, very wrong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:47 
Ready for action

What??

I thought that me saying i was a bit suspicious of Mr Dave yesterday is what lead to loads of people deciding there was something dodgy about me!!

What is it that makes you think this? I had a good look at his posts yesterday and couldn't realy see anything to give an indication that he was bad that's why i changed my mind. The reason I'm think Bobbyaro now is because i read all his posts from day 2 when Runcle was up for a lynch and he was trying to change peoples minds all day, in a couple of different ways-offering up other suspects, trying to start a vote for The Rev Owen, and even suggesting Runcle was Venom. Now I know that I didn't support the Runcle lynch either but I explained it was because the reason sounded weak and suggested an alternative with reasons for that, which a lot of people agreed with(and i think most of them have since been proven to be good guys?). If you think we should vote Mr Dave though, I suppose I will join simply because I don't want to vote for someone who could be a good guy and I'm oblivious. Your best guess is a more educated one than my best guess.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:49 
Paws for thought

Ok, so if I'm going to die:

Mr Dom: Safe
Morte: Safe.

I'd be willing to bet quite highly on those two, particulary Dom.

GJ : Would normally be safe, but for JBR regarding killing one of his goons as a good way to guarantee his own life.

Sadly that last bit also means that I can't simply point at the frame job they have had on me, and relying on the lack of the usual early death to kill me off.

Still, we're in a good position, even if I do go. We just can't get a pure win. But that's not really concerned me all game anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:52 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Dave is too innocent. He's never voted for a good guy, never given enough detail in any comment that would mean he could be caught out in a lie, and has spread around his attention a lot.

Like I say, it's a gut feel - but I'm much happier at this stage choosing to vote for someone no-one else has nominated, on the basis that any nominations are quite likely to have come from bad guys at this point.

Also, if Dave is a henchman, I know who the other one is :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:54 
Paws for thought

Craster wrote:
Dave is too innocent. He's never voted for a good guy,

Kalmar and MaliA may disagree with you there. I was the one who started MaliA.

Quote:
never given enough detail in any comment that would mean he could be caught out in a lie

I needn't tell you why that is, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:58 
Ready for action

Ok so if Dave is innocent does that also mean that we know who else is innocent? I will fling my vote in...

[vote: Mr Dave]

Sorry if you are a good guy...

So if we are right, we will have seven players left going into the night, with two bad guy roles remaining? So worst case scenario we are left with 5 people, two of whom will be bad guys.

If we are wrong, we will have seven players left going into the night, with two bad guy killing roles plus a bad guy investigating role? So worst case scenarion we are left with 5 people, three of whom will be bad guys.

I'm a bit nervous.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 16:59 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

superdupergill wrote:
If we are wrong, we will have seven players left going into the night, with two bad guy killing roles plus a bad guy investigating role?
I'm a bit nervous.

That's correct.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:00 
Ready for action

[vote: unvote]

I think I'm a bit too nervous at the moment... if we get this wrong is there any way we can come back from it?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:01 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Hah! No. if it'll help, Dave isn't the Hulk.

Oh, by the way - if there is a Hulk, I'm pretty sure the worst result we can now get is a town/SK joint win.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:03 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Craster wrote:
Oh, by the way - if there is a Hulk, I'm pretty sure the worst result we can now get is a town/SK joint win.

Oh, wait - I'm completely wrong about that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:09 
Paws for thought

Craster wrote:
superdupergill wrote:
If we are wrong, we will have seven players left going into the night, with two bad guy killing roles plus a bad guy investigating role?
I'm a bit nervous.

That's correct.

With one addendum; Black Spectre disappears tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:10 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Unless you are Black Spectre.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:10 
Paws for thought

superdupergill wrote:
Ok so if Dave is innocent does that also mean that we know who else is innocent? I will fling my vote in...

Just who I thiink is innocent.

I'd appreciate it if you do let me have a final word. Nothing to fear in that, surely.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:12 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Certainly - I'm in no rush to kill you Dave, that only benefits the bad guys.

In fact [vote:unvote] now that the folks know my intentions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:19 
Excellent Member

Im a townie Game Show Host

Lynch me if you want, but thats the truth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:21 
Excellent Member

Oh and [vote:bobbyaro]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:35 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

VOTE UPDATE

bobbyaro: 1 (LaceSensor)
lacesensor: 1 (Mr Dave)

Not voted: 6 (bobbyaro, craster, goddess jasmine, morte, mr dom, superdupergill)

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch, and 6 nolynch votes are required to not lynch anybody.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:42 

Hmmmm...
Well if we are looking for another suspect...

[vote: LaceSensor]
So much silence, and then just short 'not me, vote someone else' response :S
LaceSensor didn't vote for JBR either...

I'm not terribly convince, so will go with Iron Mans judgement - which has been pretty good so far :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:52 

Interesting...

As SuperDuperGill pointed out, Craster's best guess is better than mine, so I am happy amenable to going with Mr Dave.
However, I am beginning to get a bit more suss about SDG, as she seems pretty desperate to get me lynched. now I have gone back and read what I said on day 2, and it is pretty much what she said as well. so her arguments against me don't make any sense, again. And people who consistently don't make sense are generally trying to confuse the issues, now this is only a good thing if you are bad.
And finally we have LS, now I am inclined to agree with Mr Dave about LS, as I have said. He has said next to fuck all, and then pops up and votes for someone who says something against him, I think this is just too suss...

...[vote:LaceSensor]

I am prepared to change to get a lynch if required, but I want my thoughts out there. This man is dodgy, he has even admitted to being a TV game show host, FFS! :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:53 
Excellent Member

Mr Dom wrote:
Hmmmm...
Well if we are looking for another suspect...

[vote: LaceSensor]
So much silence, and then just short 'not me, vote someone else' response :S
LaceSensor didn't vote for JBR either...

I'm not terribly convince, so will go with Iron Mans judgement - which has been pretty good so far :)

yeah as I had no time to vote for him

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:55 
Excellent Member

Bobbyaro wrote:
Interesting...

As SuperDuperGill pointed out, Craster's best guess is better than mine, so I am happy amenable to going with Mr Dave.
However, I am beginning to get a bit more suss about SDG, as she seems pretty desperate to get me lynched. now I have gone back and read what I said on day 2, and it is pretty much what she said as well. so her arguments against me don't make any sense, again. And people who consistently don't make sense are generally trying to confuse the issues, now this is only a good thing if you are bad.
And finally we have LS, now I am inclined to agree with Mr Dave about LS, as I have said. He has said next to fudge all, and then pops up and votes for someone who says something against him, I think this is just too suss...

...[vote:LaceSensor]

I am prepared to change to get a lynch if required, but I want my thoughts out there. This man is dodgy, he has even admitted to being a TV game show host, FFS! :)

well whatever, you're guilty as sin I reckon.
We shall see.
To be honset, I hope I get lynched, then it might show the remaining good guys who the bad guys are.

Sorry to Grim... and the rest of the players for my lack of participation, I've been out and about with work. Frankly, Im astounded im still alive, guess that keeping quiet can save your life. I am however a Townie, taste of vanilla and all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 17:58 
Excellent Member

Incase I get rolled outta town, I'd also like to FOS superdupergill

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next