Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Game V Day IV: A Death In The Family
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:03 
That Rev Chap

It's been quite the night in Gotham City. The first casualty found is ComicalGnomes, a neat hole in the back of his head, his police-issued sidearm still in its holster. ComicalGnomes was a GCPD Cop.

The next victim is, well, it's hard to tell at first. He's lying in the street, dressed in a strange red and green outfit and surrounded by packets of jelly, which are scattered as if hurriedly dropped. His face and chest have been bashed into bloody chunks, obviously using the bloodied crowbar lying by his feet. There may be a hint of a smile on his face, but it's hard to tell given the blood and gore. Someone leans in to check and jumps back, as the poor soul exhales roughly, whispers "I... love... you... Bruce..." and dies. Checking in his pockets they find his driver's licence, in the name of Pundabaya. He was, it seems, Robin.

Finally the survivors turn their attention to Arkham Asylum. Nobody has been freed overnight. It looks like a new resident was dropped off overnight, but didn't stay long. The bars of one of the cells have been cut and melted away and richardgaywood lies on the floor, his head and limbs neatly removed by a cauterising blade. Searching his pockets, the survivors find a small cosh, a photo of Frank Sinatra and a copy of "Getting In The Way For Dummies". Doesn't take the world's greatest detective to work out that richardgaywood was the Mafia Roleblocker.

[playerlist]
Craig
Craster
Curiosity
Goddess Jasmine
Grim...
KevR
LaceSensor
Mimi
Mr Russ
Plissken
Rodafowa
Runcle
Sheepeh
TsuMuch
vegetables
Zardoz
[/playerlist]

In Arkham: Rodafowa, Mimi and Mr Russ

With 13 players alive and free, 7 votes are needed for a lynch and 10 for a nolynch. The deadline for today is 5:00pm Monday.

Post subject: Re: Game V Day IV: A Death In The Family
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:05 
That Rev Chap

As always, if a mod could add the fresh corpses to the Dead Zone, that would be lovely.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:17 
Time Out for Fun

hooray we've got one, is the robin death trying to suggest it was in a hurry because batman was initially targetted?

anyway Ive tried to form a lynch for someone got it wrong, jumped on the bandwagon got it wrong, so it hasnt went well so far.

anyway I found craig suspicious yesteday so Im going with him.

[Vote:Craig]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:22 
Sweet Potato

[Vote:Plissken]

He was blatantly bandwagoning yesterday, and his way of doing it stood out as "trying to look innocent" to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:39 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

One down, but Robin is a sore loss. I need to look through the last few days and see who RG looked like he was siding with.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:47 
Sleepyhead

I think Robin was an inevitable loss really. He made it so obvious who he was, especially with complaining about his tight costume! Still, making it obvious at least made it clear that we could avoid lynching him, as our lynching efforts have not yet done us many favours.

I'm going to have a look back at the bandwagons and Gaywood's posts to see what was going on yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:47 
Sleepyhead

Also: Surely Bobbyaro should not be on the player list?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 16:52 
That Rev Chap

Curiosity wrote:
Also: Surely Bobbyaro should not be on the player list?

Oops! Edited first post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 17:15 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
I think Robin was an inevitable loss really. He made it so obvious who he was, especially with complaining about his tight costume! Still, making it obvious at least made it clear that we could avoid lynching him, as our lynching efforts have not yet done us many favours.

I'm reading that as the Joker's doing. My question is, did the Joker go for Robin or did he go for Batman?

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 17:46 
Legendary Boogeyman

I knew Gaywood was evil!

Also, whoever killed me is going to pay in a way that won't be obvious until it's too late, you fucker.

Cheerio!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 17:51 
PC Gamer

I'm still trying to work out why Jeremiah Arkham let Curiosity out on the first night but hasn't bothered since. Come on, you silly sod. It's bloody hard to contribute from in here.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 18:20 
Sleepyhead

Rodafowa wrote:
I'm still trying to work out why Jeremiah Arkham let Curiosity out on the first night but hasn't bothered since. Come on, you silly sod. It's bloody hard to contribute from in here.

I'm not sure of that myself! Either Jeremiah is playing very cautiously (Mafia can't kill from in there, and Ivy can't Poison), or the Mafia have been roleblocking him. If it's the latter then we'll see some releases tonight, one would think.

Hard to tell who's a bad guy right now. Runcle and Zardoz have been purring on the suspicion-o-meter, but so was Bobby, and he was innocent. For the time being, I'll hold off, but those two can consider themselves FOS'd. As can any of the 'I never post' type people.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 19:32 
Chu Jung?

Hello everyone!

My being quiet has been in no way tactical. The day before the game started, my workplace upgraded their firewall so I can no longer post from there. This obviously limits my ability to participate, especially should I choose to go on a two night bender at the weekend.

But ANYWAY.

Whilst being 'quiet' has worked in my favour so far- hurrah, I'm still here and able to post- we've strung up a few too many townies for me to be confident that I'll be on the winning side. If only I'd been around maybe I could have talked you out of the loss of all those innocent lives...

Reading the last couple of days worth of posts, and looking beyond the bluster, I can't help asking myself a few questions about Goddess Jasmin. She always seems to vote late, keep her head down in discussions about who to vote for, and hasn't done much to prove her love for the town.

Therefore, in the interest of 'getting involved', and moving discussion of her up the agenda, I say:

Vote:Goddess Jasmin

Note: if I'm to change my mind, someone will need to persuade me before midnight.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 19:34 
Chu Jung?

TsuMuch wrote:

Vote:Goddess Jasmin

Did that need to be in square barckets?

[vote:Goddess Jasmine]

Last edited by Cras on Sun Jul 20, 2008 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
It needed to be spelt right, too :0)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 19:40 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I quite possibly started the run on Bobby, which is disappointing, as it was mostly just a choice out of the existing votees, coupled with a few previously mentioned questions over his posts.

I think it's important that we've had the same people in Arkham for a while with no jailbreak - it implies to me that the mafia currently aren't feeling so low on numbers that they want to free any Maf that may be in there. I would expect that there is unlikely to be more than one mafia in Arkham. The joker could also be in there, of course.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 20:10 
Best
Board Mother

TsuMuch wrote:
Reading the last couple of days worth of posts, and looking beyond the bluster, I can't help asking myself a few questions about Goddess Jasmin. She always seems to vote late, keep her head down in discussions about who to vote for, and hasn't done much to prove her love for the town.

Can't really argue with any of that. Unfortunatly with a lot of the in game talk being about rules I think this game has lost a lot of it's proper game chatter and that makes it difficult to come to any sort of conclusions really. I do vote late as I have no real clue for who to vote for and so mainly jump on the bandwagon just to keep the game moving. I have said this though.

I'm not sure how I prove my love for the town though. :S

*gives town a great big hug*

Last edited by Goddess Jasmine on Sun Jul 20, 2008 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed quote tags :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 20:19 
Rakish Member

Had a trawl through looking for anything incriminating about Dr Gaywood. Can't say I found much.

The only things that stood out for me was that he seemed to be in favour of keeping Mimi and Rodafowa in the Asylum and that he tried to insinuate the Runcle was exhibiting Mafia behaviour and he wasn't.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 20:26 
Rakish Member

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
TsuMuch wrote:

Can't really argue with any of that. Unfortunatly with a lot of the in game talk being about rules I think this game has lost a lot of it's proper game chatter and that makes it difficult to come to any sort of conclusions really. I do vote late as I have no real clue for who to vote for and so mainly jump on the bandwagon just to keep the game moving. I have said this though.

I'm not sure how I prove my love for the town though. :S

*gives town a great big hug*

One thing you did that I found a bit odd was that you queried why people were suspicious of Gaywood, why was this? I don't believe you have done this for anyone else and it is not really in keeping with the rest of your wall flower like posts.

Is this perhaps the only time the finger of suspicion was heading in the Mafia's direction?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 20:27 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

I'm going to have to stick with my first gut feeling and [vote:runcle] . Gotham is one place it's hard to find solid information...yes Siree.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 20:35 
Rakish Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 20:46 
That Rev Chap

Vote Update

craig: 1 vote (runcle)
goddess jasmine: 2 votes (kevr, tsumuch)
plissken: 1 vote (vegetables)
runcle: 1 vote (sheepeh)

Not voted: craig, craster, curiosity, goddess jasmine, grim..., lacesensor, mimi, mr russ, plissken, rodafowa, zardoz

With 13 players alive and free, 7 votes are required for a lynch and 10 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 20:54 

?:|

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 21:03 
Chu Jung?

Goddess Jasmine wrote:

with a lot of the in game talk being about rules I think this game has lost a lot of it's proper game chatter and that makes it difficult to come to any sort of conclusions really.

And that's suited the mafia well, hasn't it? A good townie would have worked harder to steer the conversation back to producing useful information. [/hypocrite]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 21:08 
Excellent Member

vegetables wrote:
[Vote:Plissken]

He was blatantly bandwagoning yesterday, and his way of doing it stood out as "trying to look innocent" to me.

And that vote for me is in no way a revenge vote connected to the fact that my original vote was for your good self. Plenty of other people jumped on the bandwagon well after me. I trusted CG's judgement, he's seemed a voice of reason for the town throughout.

With the town in a bandwagon kind of mood, what better way to start another one by having a go at me, eh?

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 21:55 
PC Gamer

Craster wrote:
I think it's important that we've had the same people in Arkham for a while with no jailbreak - it implies to me that the mafia currently aren't feeling so low on numbers that they want to free any Maf that may be in there. I would expect that there is unlikely to be more than one mafia in Arkham. The joker could also be in there, of course.

I think it's quite likely that there's less than one, to be honest.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 22:06 
Best
Board Mother

KevR wrote:
One thing you did that I found a bit odd was that you queried why people were suspicious of Gaywood, why was this? I don't believe you have done this for anyone else and it is not really in keeping with the rest of your wall flower like posts.

Is this perhaps the only time the finger of suspicion was heading in the Mafia's direction?

I didn't know why people considered him suspicious as you have said yourself you didn't find anything. Just a genuine question as I say I've found this game tricky. We've had more people discussing rules than being in charactor. Simple as.

As for the 'wall flower' thing, have you missed the fact that I've had problems getting online? Devilman seems to have fixed it now, he thinks something is wrong with my router though. :(

Last edited by Goddess Jasmine on Sun Jul 20, 2008 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Cacky quoting - again!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 22:30 
Rakish Member

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
KevR wrote:

I didn't know why people considered him suspicious as you have said yourself you didn't find anything. Just a genuine question as I say I've found this game tricky. We've had more people discussing rules than being in charactor. Simple as.

As for the 'wall flower' thing, have you missed the fact that I've had problems getting online? Devilman seems to have fixed it now, he thinks something is wrong with my router though. :(

Surely you mean, do I believe your story explaining your absence? That would also place more importance on the posts that you did have the opportunity to make. However, I don't recall anything of particular substance.

You mean to say that you understood the reason's for all the other suspicions that we flying around all over the place but were confused about the relatively low level suspicion directed at Gaywood?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 22:57 
Excellent Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:05 

I think vegetables is clearly bandwagoning himself without much justification.

[vote:vegetables]

Cheer yourself up
Amiga Power Scans.

Last edited by Cras on Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:16, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed spelling of vote

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:14 
Best
Board Mother

Is anybody actually voting for a good reason? I'm not voting because I don't know who to suspect and we always seem to end up getting the wrong person. I'll have a read through tomorrow and update my notes now I can get on the desktop.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:23 
Rakish Member

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Is anybody actually voting for a good reason? I'm not voting because I don't know who to suspect and we always seem to end up getting the wrong person. I'll have a read through tomorrow and update my notes now I can get on the desktop.

I feel I'm voting with good reason.

This crying off to have a think is now becoming a regular thing. Why repeatedly post this information? Let the heat move on to someone else?

It's like Gaywood repeatedly posting the vote count update, maintaining a presence yet saying nothing.

Quote:
You mean to say that you understood the reason's for all the other suspicions that we flying around all over the place but were confused about the relatively low level suspicion directed at Gaywood?

You might like to have a think about the answer to this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:29 
Chu Jung?

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I'll have a read through tomorrow and update my notes now I can get on the desktop.

Translation: "Speak to my mafia buddies and get them to bandwagon someone else."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:32 
Best
Board Mother

KevR wrote:
This crying off to have a think is now becoming a regular thing. Why repeatedly post this information? Let the heat move on to someone else?

I've always done it, check my posts in the dead zone from the last game if you like, I expained in there why I did that when I was the govener. Let the heat move on to someone else? How does that work when if you don't post much you get suspected more? ?:|
Quote:
maintaining a presence yet saying nothing.

I've told you I'd agree with that and explained why, if you choose not to believe it there's not much I can do about it with out breaking the rules so tough.
Quote:
You might like to have a think about the answer to this.

I don't need to think about it, he happened to be the one that everyone was going for when I logged in at that time. I asked why. It's not rocket science - read back and check the times.

I'm going to bed now - assuming that's allowed. If there's anything else you think I might like to think about - I'll just have to get back to you in the morning. It'll be after 10.30am, sorry if that's inconvienient, I have some work to do away form the house and will be driving. No proof - sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:33 
Time Out for Fun

After the bobbyaro lynch which my vote was purely based on I thought was a unrecoverable lynch and also because of his suspicion against me. Im actually starting to think any people on my side are possible lynchs now, I really am clueless as fuck in this game now.

I still think craig was odd yesterday in is voting. grim... is still quiet, goddess jasmine is also suspicious in her quietness, all I can say anyone voting for me its a waste of a vote, I really am innocent and you really should try and forget about the second day because it was just bad suspicions on my part, and in equal parts dudley was suspicious of em and he was equally innocent. This is why Im unsure about the people that are backing me up now, vegetables and kevr in particular but maybe they actually were thinking what I was thinking Im not sure.

zardoz seems suspicious aswell, his first comment in the game was that he was going to be suspicious of the people saying they were busy because of real life things and then he has been quiet himself in my opinion. Also after the lace incident, I was adamant in keeping my vote in my thought he should have been mod-killed, myoptika also thought this way and he was innocent so Im just saying that to justify my own innocence in that part but also why my next suspicion may be tainted. Zardoz voted for lace after the incident, just to get things moving along he said, possibly for the mafia to get a lynch on the day Im thinking, he later agreed with grim saying we should keep it to in game data yet still kept his vote, to me the screenshot had become game data, so why did he not unvote?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:41 
Chu Jung?

Hmm, I'm waivering now. GJ's words have a ring of desperate, irritable but innocent plausibility about them. But I'm still to see a more convincing case for voting for anyone else.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:44 
Awesome
Yes

As long as you don't all spread vote this time. Pick someone and go with it. Not necessarily Jasmine. I'm not sure about her. Just don't let this day and night drag on so much this time please.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:47 
Time Out for Fun

Mr Russ wrote:
As long as you don't all spread vote this time. Pick someone and go with it. Not necessarily Jasmine. I'm not sure about her. Just don't let this day and night drag on so much this time please.

with how safe youve played all this game im glad your in the asylum.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:49 
Rakish Member

Quote:
I don't need to think about it, he happened to be the one that everyone was going for when I logged in at that time. I asked why. It's not rocket science - read back and check the times.

It may not be rocket science but how exactly am I supposed to check this?

Aside from the fact that login times are not allowed to be checked, you have obviously logged in subsequently so the last login time would not relate to this.

Unless you mean to check when you started posting that day but that doesn't necessarily relate to how long you had been present.

Convenient how you have trouble logging in but one of the few times that you do is when the only person we know for sure is Mafia is under suspicion. Especially when he was only under suspicion for a relatively short time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:55 
Awesome
Yes

Runcle wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:

Not everyone shares your feelings, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 23:58 
Time Out for Fun

Mr Russ wrote:
Runcle wrote:
Mr Russ wrote:

Not everyone shares your feelings, I'm sure.

I doubt theres many believers your a goodie. quote this is you think hes ok.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 0:02 
Awesome
Yes

Runcle wrote:

I think I'm OK. Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 0:04 
Time Out for Fun

Mr Russ wrote:
Runcle wrote:

I think I'm OK. Cheers.

ha classic comments of a crazy, again Im glad your in the loony bin.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 0:05 
Awesome
Yes

I think I'm in the best position to judge who the crazy ones are.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 0:16 
Sweet Potato

Craig wrote:
I think vegetables is clearly bandwagoning himself without much justification.

[vote:vegatables]

Voting for someone when there are no votes on them isn't bandwagoning; that's not what the term means at all. Bandwagoning is when a person votes for someone in danger of being lynched for little to no reason. There was lots of that going on yesterday, but Plisskin's stood out as being the most suspicious as mafia have a tendency to justify things that they think will make them look scummy more than town. I don't really want to change how I vote just because he's suspicious of me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:20 
That Rev Chap

Vote Update

goddess jasmine: 3 votes (kevr, lacesensor, tsumuch)
runcle: 1 vote (sheepeh)
vegetables: 1 vote (craig)

Not voted: craster, curiosity, goddess jasmine, grim..., mimi, mr russ, plissken, rodafowa, zardoz

With 13 players alive and free, 7 votes are required for a lynch and 10 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:24 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I'm wary of any vote that has KevR and TsuMuch in it, as they've tickled my suspicion hairs.

[vote:runcle] because he also has, and I don't want to add yet another candidate into the mix.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:30 
Hibernating Druid

Runcle wrote:
zardoz seems suspicious aswell, his first comment in the game was that he was going to be suspicious of the people saying they were busy because of real life things and then he has been quiet himself in my opinion. ... Zardoz voted for lace after the incident, just to get things moving along he said, possibly for the mafia to get a lynch on the day Im thinking, he later agreed with grim saying we should keep it to in game data yet still kept his vote, to me the screenshot had become game data, so why did he not unvote?

Sorry for being quiet during this game so far, let me address these matters.

My first post was just to get going and a slight dig at everyone saying they won't be around much.

As for lacesensorgate, my absences from BETEO makes my voting and decisions look erratic.

Finally, because I know I'm innocent and you're having a pop at me with some half baked opinions.

[vote: Runcle]

:luv:

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:08 
Sleepyhead

Craster wrote:
I'm wary of any vote that has KevR and TsuMuch in it, as they've tickled my suspicion hairs.

[vote:runcle] because he also has, and I don't want to add yet another candidate into the mix.

It annoys me that I am suspicious of everything Craster says, and yet can't help agreeing with him.

[vote:Runcle]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:11 
That Rev Chap

Vote Update

goddess jasmine: 3 votes (kevr, lacesensor, tsumuch)
runcle: 4 votes (craster, curiosity, sheepeh, zardoz)
vegetables: 1 vote (craig)

Not voted: goddess jasmine, grim..., mimi, mr russ, plissken, rodafowa

With 13 players not in the sewers or in Arkham, 7 votes are required for a lynch and 10 votes for there to be no lynch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:14 
Hibernating Druid

Sewers?

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next