Post subject: Game V Chat Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:39 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Chat thread for game V

Post subject: Re: Game V Chat Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:17 
That Rev Chap

Hello everybody. Welcome to The Dead Zone, the best place to point and laugh at how all the players are missing the obvious.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:13 
That Rev Chap

Also, please don't reveal any information you know that hasn't been revealed in the game. Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:18 
INFINITE POWAH

OMG Have you seen the PM log?!>!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:37 

Quiet in here isn't it.
The vote:comicalGnomes brigade is a bit slow.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 13:24 
Gogmagog

Quote:
Or there's my new medium-wave radio station playing all Sisters Of Mercy, all the time - Goth AM.

Lovely.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 13:40 
Soopah red DS

Ah, sick in the mouth a little bit.

I did that at the weekend. Was pleased, as it saved my car from carrying the brunt. And it was easy to disperse out of the window.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 14:44 
INFINITE POWAH

Has Lacesensor actually *met* any black people? :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 14:52 
That Rev Chap

Must not abuse mod kill powers... must not abuse mod kill powers...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 15:34 

What is up? Don't take the mick out of the man lacesensor. He is from the hood don't you know. Words.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 16:55 

They're playing the Mr Russ highlights reel in there at the moment. Ah, so many memories.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 17:00 

*starts putting up "Welcome LaceSensor" banners.*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 17:00 
That Rev Chap

He's only half-way there so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 17:04 

Less than that now. Hey, I was bored and I've got a huge stockpile of "Welcome ComicalGnomes" banners that I expected to have to put up at about 9.01 this morning.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 17:08 
INFINITE POWAH

I'm shocked and appalled that the villagers have, for a fifth time in a row, failed to hang Comical immediately, when it's clearly the only sane course of action.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 17:10 

In fairness he didn't play the last game, and he ran the one before that, so really this is the first time he's played since the lynch Comical immediately rule came into effect. For some reason it hasn't happened though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 17:18 
That Rev Chap

There are no vanilla roles in GothamScum as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 17:22 

Yeah, I've only really just got round to reading the rules, but claiming to have a vanilla role doesn't seem to be a good idea in this game as there aren't any.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 20:40 

I reckon Comical must bribe other people into antagonising everyone else so he can avoid the lynch.
It's at this point I'd like to look really clever and say why Pundabaya is role-playing as Lars Ulrich, but I have no idea why he's doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 21:10 

*Gasp*

Oh wait, I'm the only one here.

I apologise to all the dead people who have to read loads of my ramblings.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 21:12 
That Rev Chap

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 21:14 

Get out of my thread.

Seriously though, there are some things you shouldn't have to put in the rules.
I hope he has faked it and gets away with it (or he hasn't and still gets lynched), but I don't think that's the case.

Edit (I may as well edit to allow newly dead people to skip over what would otherwise be hundreds of my posts).

At this point I was going to try and knock up a quick photoshop of a PM from Rev Owen to see how easy it is (yes, I know it's pretty easy, but I'm quite crap with photoshop), but then I realised I hadn't installed it since I last formatted and I can't be bothered.
Then, for humour value, I thought I'd knock up an obviously fake one in paint, but again, I can't be bothered, sorry.
Just try to imagine a print screen of a pm from Rev Owen with all the existing text scribbled out and "You is Batman" scrawled underneath. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 22:06 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

[/Lurk mode off]

Sorry for posting in your thread but if you dont post anything here then I only have 1 thread to sit at all day hitting F5 to refresh :-)

[/Lurk mode on]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 22:13 

*Loads shotgun while squinting at zaphod79*

Welcome my two-headed friend.
I'm not sure if you're saying you don't want me to post so you only have to read 1 thread (understandable), or that you do want people to post, so you have more to read (possibly leading to less work being done)?
I'm sure this place will be a bustling hive of activity once there a few dead people, but for now it looks like you're stuck with me (sorry).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 22:22 
8-Bit Champion

[dons peril sensitive sunglasses and offers Joans a pan galactic gargle-blaster]

Actually I was asking you to continue posting , so I know at least one other person is reading the thread , while not being a part of the game and ranting at the screen.

The previous 'dead' thread was quite active even before there were any real killings , I think this time most people who are interested in Scum are actually part of the game , or have some other pressing matters so they are not watching.

I'm quite sure there will be at least a few deaths tonight so you'll have some people to talk to soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 22:28 

*Graciously accepts drink and wonders why zaphod's sunglasses appear to be completely black*

Yeah, everyone that cares is playing, so it's a little quiet in here. I'm not going to be around until tomorrow afternoon, so you'd better hope they lynch somebody soon so you can listen to them moan about how they wouldn't have been lynched if it wasn't for LaceSensor and his print screening antics.

You may also wish to peruse the rest of the forums (well, I assume you have been, but I mean actually post there). Careful of CUS though, he tends to bite.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 22:43 
8-Bit Champion

Thanks,

A quickly knocked up printscreen , however from what I can see the one posted to the thread isnt faked.

I'm much more of a lurker than a poster on virtually all the forums I visit and I came here (via World of CUS or whatever it was called) when Stuart decided to ..... "Have fun" with the WOS forums.

I'll get round to posting something on the main forum when theres something there that I feel I can contribute on.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 22:44 
That Rev Chap

I completely overreacted in the main thread. Stupid of me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 22:52 
8-Bit Champion

The Rev Owen wrote:
I completely overreacted in the main thread. Stupid of me.

I think your post above

The Rev Owen wrote:
FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Captures it quite well.

Beyond that I think you probably had 2 choices

1: Modkill
2: Let it go knowing the baddies will now basically go after them.

Your not really going to know which was the best option until more of the game has played out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 22:52 

Do you mind, we're trying to have a conversation in here.

zaphod - that's fair enough, I've only got a handful of posts on WoS even though I've been registered there for about 4 years or something. I never even got round to posting on World of Bistro before everyone moved here. Suddenly, I'm pushing 1000 posts.
You should play in the next mafiascum game, that'll get you talking.
Nice photoshop, but I think the quote box should almost fill the width of the message window.

Rev Owen - I thought that was a completely reasonable reaction, although it does mean Comical might get his first day lynching.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 23:02 
8-Bit Champion

You mean more like this ?

On WOS I've probably got about 5 posts tops.

When the first mafia game was on here i spent a lot of time just sitting hitting refresh to see what happened next, and then was going to actually play for the next one but the signup thread came and went almost straight away.

For Vampirescum i watched but didnt get much of a chance during the day and found it wasnt quite as good reading up on pages of stuff at night (also an annoyace but when you go to the Mafia section of the website and you dont know who's been Lynched that day you can tell when you see 'last post by' in the dead zone :-)

I was thinking about going for this one but it filled pretty quickly - depending on timing I might sit in for the next one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 23:10 
Soopah red DS

I'm here too! Though only today and tomorrow, cos then it's away away with me for the weekend.

I think at least you said "photoshopped or not", Rev Owen, which allowed at least for a seed of doubt. As much as you could do - honestly, the logical extension of a screengrab (becomes a tactic; everyone does it; those who know how modify it so all look innocent, people end up discussing the screenshots that look most possibly messed around with) are so obviously bad I can't see why he'd do it. Was he in an odd mood this morning? No doughnuts in the local shop?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 23:18 
That Rev Chap

It was more the follow up post that put a bounty on his head that was the problem. It was kind of meant to be humourous, but my actual anger showed through enough to convince several people that the screenshot was real, according to PMs I've been sent, which really wasn't the intention at all. Especially as it might well not be as real as it seems.

But a big majority of the players think it's real, so I'm guessing LaceSensor is safe for the rest of the game. I reckon the bad guys will want to try and go after bigger targets and the town won't lynch him.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:18 

I am not used to being up at this hour any more.

Craig's managed to vote for LaceSensor in one of those "vote with no other words" posts, which sort of suggests that he hasn't read anything or he's voting on principle (which he should probably have said). Doesn't seem like it'll be enough to get him lynched (as he has no votes at all), but people might bear it in mind for later.

Anyway, I won't be around now until about 3-ish, so hopefully some people will die to keep you all company.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:00 
Soopah red DS

The Rev Owen wrote:
It was more the follow up post that put a bounty on his head that was the problem. It was kind of meant to be humourous, but my actual anger showed through enough to convince several people that the screenshot was real, according to PMs I've been sent, which really wasn't the intention at all. Especially as it might well not be as real as it seems.

But a big majority of the players think it's real, so I'm guessing LaceSensor is safe for the rest of the game. I reckon the bad guys will want to try and go after bigger targets and the town won't lynch him.

Ah, got you. He still seems to be in the balance at the mo - only a few more "go on, let's get rid of him anyway, seeing as we only found out he was innocent 'wrongly'" votes and he's gone. In the absence of any other firm suspicions, the desire to off someone might well win out.

And that would, slightly ironically*, put the idea of anyone doing the same firmly in a coffin.

*am not sure this is ironic, though dictionary definition of same covers many things including, unlikely as it may seem, many of the things *that* song goes on about.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:02 
That Rev Chap

On the plus side, I'm thinking of introducing a "trust town elder" role for future games - a vanilla townie that everyone knows is a townie. Could be interesting to have a game where that one role is known for sure from the beginning of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:33 

*Coughs* I'm here too for the next couple of days. (Then a holiday :))

I think a known role would be no benefit to anyone. It would be one less person for the mafia to kill (so more chance of killing another "power" role) and the townies wouldn't kill them and so again increase chance of hitting bad guys. And it would suit the SK to try and kill the mafia/roleblockers first. Wouldn't it basically give that player a free pass for the whole game and mean they can be as annoying as possible and say whatever they like.

[edit] Ooo, And if only the townies know who the elder is than any one who votes against the elder is a certain baddie.

What might be interesting for a game is "Best mates" where each townie knows one other townie. Then you could have a "Back stabber" who is actually some sort of bad guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:34 
That Rev Chap

We'll have to find out!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:40 
Soopah red DS

I certainly like the idea of having some role that is under explicit instructions to be an arse of some kind - whether that be a back stabber or just vote flipper, suspicion thrower or twat I don't know. I think that's all more because it amuses me than anything else, mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:41 
That Rev Chap

As long as everyone calms down, remembers that it's meant to be fun and they calling each other "dicks", "tossers" and "fucking morons" then I hope we could still have a good game here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:00 
That Rev Chap

I hope this day ends with no lynching, just so I can end it with a big group hug.

As I'm running the game I really shouldn't have got quite so visibly annoyed with Lace last night. I think apologies are in order.

So, Lace, whenever you see this thread, sorry for getting so irate. I overreacted big time and you have my apologies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 14:45 
That Rev Chap

Welcome Dimrill and myoptika! Sorry about your untimely deaths.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 14:49 
UltraMod

Well that was fun. I won't say who I roleblocked, but I take it that happened before I was killed?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 14:50 
That Rev Chap

myoptika wrote:
Well that was fun. I won't say who I roleblocked, but I take it that happened before I was killed?

Yep, your roleblock happens before the kills happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 14:52 
UltraMod

Of course, I might have roleblocked the sum of squareroot of fuck all, but never mind. Ho hum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 15:00 

*unveils Welcome ComicalGnomes banners*

Wait, you mean he's not dead?

*Scibbles out the word Welcome and replaces it with Congratulations, then screws up banners and puts them back in a box for later*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 16:41 

Ooh, another roleclaim.
Whoever runs the next game may as well just put all the roles in the first post. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 16:47 
That Rev Chap

Why are they ignoring the fact that the Batman can be roleblocked?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 16:56 

No idea mate. I haven't really had time to read all the rules, so I can't really speculate on anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 17:19 

Hey, there's another one.

Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next