Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ] 
 Post subject: Day VI
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:46 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

The villagers awake, and once again are all present and correct. Unable to believe their luck, they however know that there are still scum out there, and the fingerpointing begins again.

With 9 players left, 5 votes are required for a lynch. Day 6 deadline is Wednesday midday.

[playerlist]
vegetables
ComicalGnomes
Sir Taxalot
Dimrill
Dudley
Grim...
JBR
Gazchap
richardgaywood
[/playerlist]

Post subject: Re: Day VI
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:49 
Skillmeister

*with a heavy heart hands over the keys to the Post Office to... JBR*
*sobs*
My beloved office... damn that Mr Chris.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:51 

Are there any killing roles left?! If you assume we've gotten rid of all the Mafia Goons, the Roleblocker can't kill. Only the Scientist can kill now, right, and that's only if Grim... (or whoever the scientist actually is) can figure out the correct button.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:52 
Skillmeister

*buys whiskey from Sir Taxalot's off license*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:53 
Legendary Boogeyman

I remain suspicious of those who have been generally very quiet. It's an annoying flaw of this game but works so very, very well. Doesn't take a genius to realise that all the cult leader needed to do from Day 1 is keep his mouth shut. *rubs chin*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:55 
Skillmeister

*storms into the post office and strops up to the desk*
*bellows into JBR's face*
WHERE'S MY FUCKING DOLE MONEY YOU FUCKING SCUM FUCK!!?!?!
*flecks of spittle land in JBR's eyes*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:55 
Soopah red DS

Dang it - I was going to list my suspicions but Ive just opened the office and, by the lords, there's post everywhere. Dimmers really was cherry-picking which ones he delivered, and it'll take me an age to sort through them.

Plus you don't want to know what he's done to my post.

I'm fully believing that Grim... can roleblock now, he was totally right about Mr Chris and his logic elsewhere has been perfect. He still might not be the scientist.

This mountain of post is a testament not to laziness but either to Dimrill's busyness with either watching or converting. Which, I can't decide.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:56 
Soopah red DS

Dimrill wrote:
*storms into the post office and strops up to the desk*
*bellows into JBR's face*
WHERE'S MY FUCKING DOLE MONEY YOU FUCKING SCUM FUCK!!?!?!
*flecks of spittle land in JBR's eyes*

*Wipes spittle away. Hand starts to sizzle.*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:56 
Skillmeister

*the fug of whiskey hangs in the air*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:01 
Soopah red DS

*Thinks Dimmers has turned to booze too quickly*.

So. Dimrill has been very entertaining. He delivered Sheepeh a frame. Sheepeh got lynched for nowt.

More significantly, surely, is that he's claimed to be the voyeur, and was sure Mr Chris was the cult leader, so we'd have to assume he saw Mr Chris come for someone in the night - someone who didn't end up dead. Does that mean that was the night that Grim... roleblocked Mr Chris, or that Dimrill is having us on about being a voyeur and is actually...

...an alcoholic?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:03 
Skillmeister

Oh! Oh?! It's a fucking staring competition you want then?! eh?! Give me that fucking post!
*scuffles ineffectually with JBR*
Give it! IT'S MINE! GET YOU RFUCKING HANDS OFF ME!!
*bats twattily at JBR's face*
*is bested and ejected from the office*
No!
*drops to belly and claws at shut door*
No no no, they're mine!
*sobs into cobbles*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:11 
Soopah red DS

I returned to the office. Dang, but that Dimmers was strong - thank heaven he was impaired by the booze consumption, or that might have been nasty, rather than farcical. What in the world has got into him? He seems to be trying to re-define the term "gone postal" without any killing. With a heavy heart I realise I must ban him from the office - I'll make his house the first one on my rounds, that way I'll be there early and avoid a scene and he'll know he's not being victimised.

Secretly I love the guy.

But what did he see last night that has pushed him over the edge? Ooh, and the hedge, for that matter, now I look - I'd better go and help him, that gnome seems to be protruding from somewhere sensitive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:11 

GazChap wrote:
Are there any killing roles left?! If you assume we've gotten rid of all the Mafia Goons, the Roleblocker can't kill. Only the Scientist can kill now, right, and that's only if Grim... (or whoever the scientist actually is) can figure out the correct button.
That's correct. No Mafia kills for three nights now strongly suggests there were only two goons; it's possible that they, say, took a night or two off to confuse people and were roleblocked by Grim... on some other night. Possible but highly unlikely. That writes the Mafia off and means we absolutely have to find the Cult now before it is too late.

So... how do we do that then? If they have been recruiting for strength, they would have been silly to pass up nabbing both Grim... and Dimrill who have outed themselves as vulnerable and powerful. The only reason they would pick someone else I can see is that they would worry that they were obvious targets who may get lynched down the road.

Grim... and Dimrill were both instrumental yesterday in getting the SK killed and that suggests they are both Cult as the SK was the biggest threat to them. Other voters for Mr Chris yesterday were myself, ComicalGnomes, Sir Taxalot, Dudley, and JBR. Damn, that's a long suspect list. Also, Mr Chris was one vote away from getting lynched from a little before 7pm to a little after 9pm; that hints (weakly) that the remaining voters for Grim..., who were Vegetables and Gazchap, are not cultists as the cult would have been all out gunning for Mr Chris by that point and would probably have switched a vote to seal the deal. It is possible those guys simply weren't around though, of course.

I'm aware I appear to be implicating myself here, as I actually switched my vote from Grim... to Mr Chris, but there's nothing I can do about that. I switched my vote and condemned Mr Chris because I concluded that Dimrill and Grim... have been telling the truth about their roles and had successfully fingered the SK. Although I was sure they were cultists, I figured we could (perversely) trust the cult to feed us the serial killer, and as the cult can talk to each other they have much better information than we do. The enemy of my enemy is my friend etc. Note that with this post I am consciously making myself a target for the cult; the other remaining townies will have to either stand by me or I will get lynched today by a bunch of cultists driving the discussion. So help me, please.

If we assume that the cult leader would remain quiet and make his minions do the talking, and that Grim... and Dimrill have been honest about their roles, that levels the FOS at Sir Taxalot, JBR, or possibly Dudley (not as quiet as the other two). ComicalGnomes was very chatty from the start which would have been ballsy for the cult leader so I think that is less likely.

So, we have a choice; we could randomly hunt around looking for the leader, which is a double or nothing kind of thing, or we could settle for reducing their power by taking out Dimrill or Grim... who are (almost certainly) rank and file. Note that neither of their night powers are particularly useful now with the vigilante, SK, and mafia gone, so they don't empower the cult at all except for the daytime lynch vote. Hence, choosing almost at random,
[VOTE:Sir Taxalot]
(note that Sir Taxalot actually voted for Mr Chris after his fate was sealed, I think that speaks of a cultist who came back, found a few pages of unread posts and perhaps a "quick, go vote for Mr Chris PM", didn't realise the vote was already a majority and quickly posted to get the lynch going. I find this mildly suspicious).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:12 

If you assume that the cult have managed to recruit one person each night, this is probably going to be the last day - even if we somehow manage to kill the Cult Leader with the noose this is going to be an uphill struggle to find the cultists and kill them.

Grim..., if he's the scientist, is pretty much guaranteed to be a cultist as he'd be of great use to them.
Dimrill, if he's not the Cult Leader, is also pretty much guaranteed as a cultist as his insanity-filled posting means that a change in his role wouldn't likely be noticeable.
ComicalGnomes has definitely been up to something right from the start, and despite his protestations seems to have something to hide. However, I'm not necessarily convinced any more that he's a bad guy, I think he might be the Prince.
Dudley has been comparatively quiet but he seems mostly harmless - however, this would be a good tactic for a Cult Leader so I'm unconvinced of his innocence at the moment.

Everyone else has been pretty quiet indeed so it's hard to come to any conclusions, but I'd imagine there are a couple of cultists in there too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:14 
Skillmeister

*sinks into a ditch at the side of the main high street*
*blearily blinks each eye independantly*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:15 
Soopah red DS

If Dimmers is the voyeur, letting us know what he saw last night might save him. Otherwise

[Vote:Dimrill]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:17 

GazChap wrote:
If you assume that the cult have managed to recruit one person each night, this is probably going to be the last day - even if we somehow manage to kill the Cult Leader with the noose this is going to be an uphill struggle to find the cultists and kill them.
Things may not be as bad as that. It's unlikely they've recruited each night, given that there were a few unrecruitable roles (SK, Mafia) and either one or two roleblockers in action. Odds are there are 3-4 cultists. And, if they have indeed nabbed Dimrill and Grim..., if we could just roll up the cult leader we could off them on the following days and that leads directly to a Townie win condition, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:17 
Skillmeister

*snorts out of doze*
Wuh?! I ';sfuckin watch dGzChap lass nigh and fkcing nuthin happen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:18 
Legendary Boogeyman

Phew Gaywood, I had to read that post very carefully. I'm fairly convinced you're a pleb, either that are you're a very articulate bad guy. Taxalot fits my criteria of quiet (probably the quietest of the game), but I'm going to sit and mull for a little while today before casting in any direction.

Grim..'s evidence yesterday was enough to convince me of Chris, and that turned out to be right. So Cult or not, I think it's fair to say Grim is the scientist and isn't lying about his power. hmmmm.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:19 
Soopah red DS

Right. Dimmers for the chop - he didn't target Gazchap last night. Get him everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:19 
Skillmeister

*lurches from the shadows and latches onto GazChap*
Gza! Fuckin Gaz man. CHAP! Youse me bset fcukin mate, chap. Be a guddun nd fuckin ge tthat fuckni post back for yuior bestset fuckin mate, eh?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:20 

Well, there's irony. I say that richardgaywood has been pretty quiet indeed but press Submit after he posts one of the longest posts in the history of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:21 
Skillmeister

fuckin [vote:Sir Taxalot]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:21 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

[vote:sir taxalot]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:22 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:22 
Legendary Boogeyman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:23 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

COME ON!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:23 

That's 5.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:51 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Final Vote Update

sir taxalot: 5 votes (comicalgnomes, dimrill, dudley, grim..., richardgaywood)
dimrill: 1 votes (jbr)

Not voted: vegetables, sir taxalot, gazchap

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:02 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

In a sudden frenzy, the villagers turn on Sir Taxalot, and beat him to death with their bare hands.

Sir Taxalot was the Beloved Prince

The following day will be a day of mourning. The thread will remain locked, there will be no chat, and no lynch.

It is night. All players with night actions please PM me. Night 6 deadline Wednesday midday.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]