Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ] 
 Post subject: Course 5
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:42 
Sleepyhead

Well, the wedding has become something of a shambles. The Bride has gone, people have been thrown out and it is drawing to a close.

We're one more down.

Au revoir Mr Russell.

Take it away, Uncle Neville:

"I never liked Mr Russell. Never the same since the Groom jilted 'em!"

Mr Russell was the Vengeful Ex

The few remaining people sit down and drink their coffee. As ever, myp sneakily tastes a second cup first.

He then starts coughing.

ZOMG! THEN HE EXPLODES!

Yuck.

myp was, clearly, the Best man

There are four people left.

The Albin0 Kid is busy telling the Security Guard that he should remove Mr Chris, despite him already having been removed, and despite him being The Bride.

This leaves KovacsC on his own. Malc and kalmar jump him and Throw him head first into the cake! Kovas, The Groom, is knocked unconscious and lies in a pile of cakey goodness.

After that, it's a simple job for the two remaining Wedding Crashers to throw The Albino Kid (Guest) into a nearby pond.

PARTY ON!

Kalmar was a Wedding Crasher and Malc was a recruited Reckless Guest.

The Wedding Crashers win!

AWARDS!

MVP - Grim...
Could have ended the game earlier by bumping off Gill before her roleclaim, but the turning point of the game was him managing to convince the guests to boot off Craster. Had he been ousted that day, the game could have swung dramatically the other way. Also a very spirited defence before PM-gate.

Honourable Mentions - Mr Russell and superdupergill
Russ survived long enough to poison the Bride, which was a tricky win condition to achieve. Well done. Also well done for dooming the guests by continuing to kill for shits and giggles.
Gill investigated three times, and picked all three wedding crashers. That's seriously impressive sleuthing. Nearly swung it all back away from the Crashers, but was ultimately working on her own.

Award for amusing posts yesterday - Mr Dom
:DD

zaphod79 award for misguided belief - The Albin0 Kid's obsession with lynching Mr Chris for no real reason.

Well done everyone!

Post subject: Re: Course 5
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:47 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

That's a shame, I had it all figured out overnight as well.

And I would have changed my Mr Chris vote yesterday after Grim... named him in his PM, I just was stuck on the side of an A road in Wales waiting for a tow truck. I would also have listened to Gill except she was frothing so much it was just too tempting to ignore her and see how far she could be pushed before she burst :D

WARNING!!! DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU CAN HANDLE THE SIGHT OF MAXIMUM PWNAGE!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:49 
INFINITE POWAH

See? SEE?!?

You nitwit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:49 
baron of techno

YAAAAH!! GRINCHY WINS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:54 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
And I would have changed my Mr Chris vote yesterday after Grim... named him in his PM

Er, Grim... didn't PM you, or anyone else..?

Also, you know, neeerrrr.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:58 
baron of techno

Well done crashers. We didn't have much luck with our targets through the game, and we had the incredible powers of Gill aimed at us from day 0, but it worked out in the end.

Thanks Mr Russell for not killing any of us!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:03 
Ready for action

I bloody knew it about kalmar! After investigating him on night one and finding out if he hadn't sent the crashers PM I wouldn't see anything, I was still sure he was a baddy. So I still kept voting for him. AND I WAS IGNORED AGAIN! The only reason I ended up chaging my mind was because I thought everyone would say I was an idiot for chasing someone when I had investigated them but not found anything.

Obviously I was convinced about Grim... and that was after him saying he was tempted to vote for me or albino because we had been posting a lot of stuff to read. I started paying close attention to everything he said after that and I knew he was dodgy. I was trying to figure out who the third was because I was worried about investigating the wrong crasher again. Then I decided that Grim... would likely do the PM'ing anyway.

I was convinced about Mr Dom when he started voting with me for Grim... Everyone else was basically ignoring everything I said and he suddenly had this belief in me. It totally seemed like a crasher conversation had decided one of them had to distance themselves from Grim... I almost investigated Runcle because I had become so usure of kalmar that I was convinced there must be another crasher but fortunatly not. I was still confused about kalmar though, I actually began to think he might be the wedding party since I was convinced he had a power role.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:04 
Ready for action

Oh, also, I was clueless about the ex the whole way through so well done Mr Russell, I was convinced you were a goody.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:05 
What's this bit for exactly?

Woop woop woop woop woop!

I iz a wiener!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:06 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Ha - I had no idea there was another crasher. Though I tagged Kalmar as a bad guy.

Curiosity wrote:
the turning point of the game was him managing to convince the guests to boot off Craster

Yes, yes it was. You plebs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:08 
baron of techno

superdupergill wrote:
I was convinced about Mr Dom when he started voting with me for Grim... Everyone else was basically ignoring everything I said and he suddenly had this belief in me. It totally seemed like a crasher conversation had decided one of them had to distance themselves from Grim... I almost investigated Runcle because I had become so usure of kalmar that I was convinced there must be another crasher but fortunatly not. I was still confused about kalmar though, I actually began to think he might be the wedding party since I was convinced he had a power role.

I'm just amazed that you got on to all three of us, I don't think we really gave away anything obvious (well, Grim... did make one mistake but nobody else noticed). So it must have been "body language" and what we weren't doing as much as anything.
And with nobody else to discuss it with either - well done!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:08 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

How we do:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZ1g ... MzY4&hl=en

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:23 
Isn't that lovely?

Can the dead thread be opened up please.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:30 
Ready for action

Grim... wrote:

A good read there. Can I apologise anymore? :'( I'm so annoyed with myself for ruining what was a truly good bit of scum playing by me as well as Grim... by overshadowing it with such a stupid bloody mistake. I have read the rules now (previously I had only ever read the specific subset rules eg wedding scum rules) so I promise I will never be naughty again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:30 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

superdupergill wrote:
Oh, also, I was clueless about the ex the whole way through so well done Mr Russell, I was convinced you were a goody.

:this: I would have given Russ the MVP personally... he did get a double win with a very tough win condition after all.

WARNING!!! DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU CAN HANDLE THE SIGHT OF MAXIMUM PWNAGE!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:31 
Isn't that lovely?

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

:this: I would have given Russ the MVP personally... he did get a double win with a very tough win condition after all.

single win (he died before the end)

I got a double win though!

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:33 
baron of techno

Yeah, Russ did very well until we killed him right at the end ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:33 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

Grim... wrote:
TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
And I would have changed my Mr Chris vote yesterday after Grim... named him in his PM

Er, Grim... didn't PM you, or anyone else..?

I meant the "PM" you posted from TEH BADDIES ZOMG or something after you fessed up as a crasher, listing who you thought the wedding party was. I was prepared to take that at face value since you would expect us to suspect it, and would have held off Mr Chris for that reason. Obviously by then it was obvious that you and Dom were the ones to lynch anyway, but hey...

I still think my only mistake that had an impact on the game was choosing Craster over Grim... on the third vote. My Mr Chris fixation didn't actually do any harm since nobody listened to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:36 
Isn't that lovely?

Malc wrote:

Malc

:this:

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:38 
baron of techno

TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
I still think my only mistake that had an impact on the game was choosing Craster over Grim... on the third vote. My Mr Chris fixation didn't actually do any harm since nobody listened to me.

If you read our discussion doc, we were going to try to bandwagon Mr Chris (with your help) on course 3 - but the timing wasn't with us (possibly because I went to lunch at a bad moment) and then SDG did her reveal and that was it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:40 
baron of techno

Malc wrote:
Malc wrote:

Malc

:this:

Malc

I can't see how to do it, sorry. Have to wait for Craster.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:43 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Click on "groups" then "manage groups" click on "members" for the villagers group, then click on everyone and "remove them from the group".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:50 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Grim... wrote:

A very good read and a comment :

Quote:
I've added links to the hardcore vote-counter to each of the courses. Note that the super-secret variables will change before the next game starts, but it might help us pick out people that know each other.

Which is *very* useful , so are you saying someone else should write one to make available , or we just have people having to read all the threads to work out whats going on ........ (like anyone actually reads the threads)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

zaphod79 wrote:
Which is *very* useful , so are you saying someone else should write one to make available , or we just have people having to read all the threads to work out whats going on ........ (like anyone actually reads the threads)

I'm not entirely sure what the question is..?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:02 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Grim... wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

The question is do you intend to leave this 'availabe' for everyone , or are you going to delete / hide / remove it in some way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:05 
baron of techno

To be honest, although that is very clever, I don't think we actually used it, or found it useful in this game. Might work better in a bigger, more traditional game, but with this ruleset it wasn't doing a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:11 
Sleepyhead

kalmar wrote:
superdupergill wrote:

I'm just amazed that you got on to all three of us, I don't think we really gave away anything obvious (well, Grim... did make one mistake but nobody else noticed). So it must have been "body language" and what we weren't doing as much as anything.
And with nobody else to discuss it with either - well done!

TBH, I thought early on that you might be doomed, as every time Gill made a move to oust kalmar, Grim... immediately came in and questioned the logic. I was quite surprised nobody picked up on it.

But everything is easier to spot when you know all the roles.

:)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:13 
Master of dodgy spelling....

If Gill had roleclaimed ealier we could have got rid of Grim rather than craster... oh well

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:15 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

zaphod79 wrote:
Grim... wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

The question is do you intend to leave this 'availabe' for everyone , or are you going to delete / hide / remove it in some way

Oh Lord, no. It's already been hidden again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:15 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

kalmar wrote:
To be honest, although that is very clever, I don't think we actually used it, or found it useful in this game. Might work better in a bigger, more traditional game, but with this ruleset it wasn't doing a lot.

Yeah, you don't really need it as a bad guy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:16 
INFINITE POWAH

Bloody myp.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:19 
baron of techno

Curiosity wrote:
TBH, I thought early on that you might be doomed, as every time Gill made a move to oust kalmar, Grim... immediately came in and questioned the logic. I was quite surprised nobody picked up on it.

Quite! The thing is, her logic for me really was bad - it boiled down to "trust Dave" - (just lots of conviction).

I'm still amazed she was so sure about me, even after getting an official "all clear" from the photo :S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:22 
Ready for action

KovacsC wrote:
If Gill had roleclaimed ealier we could have got rid of Grim rather than craster... oh well

If I had roleclaimed earlier I would have been killed that night and wouldn't have been able to confirm my thoughts about Mr Dom.
Honestly I really don't think I should have had to roleclaim anyway, I mean come on, it is pretty ridiculous that you didn't bloody listen to me by day three or four when I had been pretty much spot on about everything else. Even if I hadn't had a power role, the fact that I was doing alright should have counted for something. The town had a fairly difficult job but I think they lost it for themselves despite my best efforts. You all allowed yourselves to be manipulated to easily by the bad guys and I include Malc and Mr Russell in that. I kept asking in my posts for people to read them and properly think about what I was saying and obviously none of the good guys did because just the strength of feeling I had should have convinced you to give me a shot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:25 
Awesome
Yes

That was awesome.

Knowing Gill was a guest helped but I've never had so much fun trying to sow confusion among the guests.
My plan for last night was to kill kovacs hoping that the best man would step in, but that the crashers would take him out, thereby giving me all three!

Oh, and Albin0: I listened to you about Mr Chris. It caused him to say that "getting rid of me would be a bad thing. A very bad thing" which sealed your fate matey!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:33 
Ready for action

kalmar wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

Quite! The thing is, her logic for me really was bad - it boiled down to "trust Dave" - (just lots of conviction).

I'm still amazed she was so sure about me, even after getting an official "all clear" from the photo :S

I am going to be so disappointed in my self when we play the next game and I am back to being incredibly thick ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:34 
Paws for thought

kalmar wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

You gave enough hints on day 1.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:38 
baron of techno

Hmm, that was supposed to be reverse psychology. I was playing in character as a guest and being a bit ebullient (and voting) which I really would avoid doing if I was a crasher.

Runcle didn't buy it either. Oh well!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:44 

Also...Bloody Myp!!!111!!eleven!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:45 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Can we move all chat to one thread or the other?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:46 

The dead zone and lock this one?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:51 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Yup.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]