Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:19 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45433
Location: West Yorkshire
TheVision wrote:
MaliA wrote:
http://uk.businessinsider.com/oss-manual-sabotage-productivity-2015-11?r=US&IR=T

How to sabotage a business.


That looks like an interesting read but I can't go any further as I'm using Adblock. Pah.


Important bits

Quote:
Organizations and Conferences

Insist on doing everything through "channels." Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.

Make "speeches." Talk as frequently as possible and at great length. Illustrate your "points" by long anecdotes and accounts of personal experiences.

When possible, refer all matters to committees, for "further study and consideration." Attempt to make the committee as large as possible - never less than five.

Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.
Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.

Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision.

Advocate "caution." Be "reasonable" and urge your fellow-conferees to be "reasonable"and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.

Managers

In making work assignments, always sign out the unimportant jobs first. See that important jobs are assigned to inefficient workers.

Insist on perfect work in relatively unimportant products; send back for refinishing those which have the least flaw.

To lower morale and with it, production, be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions.

Hold conferences when there is more critical work to be done.

Multiply the procedures and clearances involved in issuing instructions, pay checks, and so on. See that three people have to approve everything where one would do.

Employees

Work slowly.

Contrive as many interruptions to your work as you can.

Do your work poorly and blame it on bad tools, machinery, or equipment. Complain that these things are preventing you from doing your job right.

Never pass on your skill and experience to a new or less skillful worker.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:33 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45433
Location: West Yorkshire
https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/7 ... e_he_used/

Man, did this kick me in the feels, or what?

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:41 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 67258
Location: Your Mum
"Homie with another chromie" :D

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 14:32 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 19449
Location: shropshire, uk
MaliA wrote:
TheVision wrote:
MaliA wrote:
http://uk.businessinsider.com/oss-manual-sabotage-productivity-2015-11?r=US&IR=T

How to sabotage a business.


That looks like an interesting read but I can't go any further as I'm using Adblock. Pah.


Important bits

Quote:
Organizations and Conferences

Insist on doing everything through "channels." Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.

Make "speeches." Talk as frequently as possible and at great length. Illustrate your "points" by long anecdotes and accounts of personal experiences.

When possible, refer all matters to committees, for "further study and consideration." Attempt to make the committee as large as possible - never less than five.

Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.
Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.

Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision.

Advocate "caution." Be "reasonable" and urge your fellow-conferees to be "reasonable"and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.

Managers

In making work assignments, always sign out the unimportant jobs first. See that important jobs are assigned to inefficient workers.

Insist on perfect work in relatively unimportant products; send back for refinishing those which have the least flaw.

To lower morale and with it, production, be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions.

Hold conferences when there is more critical work to be done.

Multiply the procedures and clearances involved in issuing instructions, pay checks, and so on. See that three people have to approve everything where one would do.

Employees

Work slowly.

Contrive as many interruptions to your work as you can.

Do your work poorly and blame it on bad tools, machinery, or equipment. Complain that these things are preventing you from doing your job right.

Never pass on your skill and experience to a new or less skillful worker.


Sounds like my place of work...

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 18:15 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 27008
Location: Kidbrooke
My place of work is not like that.

Apart from the bits I control.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 21:57 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 35622
https://imgur.com/gallery/zmAdNjh

Reminds me of Dimrill

I know it's Imgur. Shut up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 13:29 
8-Bit Champion
User avatar
Two heads are better than one

Joined: 16th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13689
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments ... ut_why_in/

r/games is closed for the day to bring attention to how horrible people are


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 14:05 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10612
zaphod79 wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/b7ubwm/rgames_is_closed_for_april_fools_find_out_why_in/

r/games is closed for the day to bring attention to how horrible people are


The meta thread about that tomorrow is going to be the most miserable thing you've ever read.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14801
Location: Oxford
/r/HobbyDrama is fun site full of instantly-relatable tales about the pointless fights and feuds that occur in any organisation. Here's a recent fun one:

Antique Tractor Drama


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 13:35 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 3696
Location: , Location, Location.
Kern wrote:
/r/HobbyDrama is fun site full of instantly-relatable tales about the pointless fights and feuds that occur in any organisation. Here's a recent fun one:

Antique Tractor Drama

People can be real dicks about this kind of thing. They get all tribal about it.

I was on the parent teachers committee at my kids junior school for a couple of years and there was even infighting in that tiny group. And the talk in the playground, amongst some parents, was that the the committee was a clique, but none of these people ever came forward when we asked for new members.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 13:51 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14801
Location: Oxford
Yes, been in enough clubs and on enough committees to have been both witness and participant in such things. I try my best to stay out of such fights now, but am still bearing grudges.

So, topic icons?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 15:08 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20957
Nothing beats owners associations. They win the petty infighting Olympics hands-down.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:51 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10612
Tombstoning is a subreddit showcasing unfortunate juxtapositions of stories/pictures on a single newspaper page and there's some brilliant stuff there. Note that a dark sense of humour is probably required for much of it.

https://i.redd.it/9b89qonj4t031.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lHda2Dv.jpg
https://i.redd.it/e52ylvp9cq331.jpg
https://old.reddit.com/r/tombstoning/co ... _i_follow/
https://old.reddit.com/r/tombstoning/co ... _blessing/
https://old.reddit.com/r/tombstoning/co ... t_helpful/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 13:28 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 3696
Location: , Location, Location.
Bamba wrote:
Tombstoning is a subreddit showcasing unfortunate juxtapositions of stories/pictures on a single newspaper page and there's some brilliant stuff there. Note that a dark sense of humour is probably required for much of it.

https://i.redd.it/9b89qonj4t031.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lHda2Dv.jpg
https://i.redd.it/e52ylvp9cq331.jpg
https://old.reddit.com/r/tombstoning/co ... _i_follow/
https://old.reddit.com/r/tombstoning/co ... _blessing/
https://old.reddit.com/r/tombstoning/co ... t_helpful/

:D There are some belters in there.

I wonder if there's a section for badly written items. I've got a photo of an article from the Metro years ago about a 'Man stabbed to death 27 times."

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 13:34 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15468
Location: Parts unknown
That reminds me of this I saw a few years ago.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 15:50 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 12520
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
I don't think any of them will ever top this classic:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Image

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 16:37 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 27008
Location: Kidbrooke
That is amazing.

I always liked this one:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 16:41 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 12520
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
Brilliant. They can't be accidental, surely?

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 16:46 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45433
Location: West Yorkshire
Shitrag is that paper

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interesting Reddit Stuff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 17:05 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 53681
Location: Liberty City
MaliA wrote:
Shitrag is that paper

The Wirral Gazette is much better. It’s where I get all my Merseyside news

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.