Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mobile Contract
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:27 
Excellent Member

My wife will need to get her own phone contact in the next month or so.

It has to be with Vodafone and she can port her old number no issue

She makes limited calls, and mostly does texting and Viber, 90% of her "data" activity is in the house on wireless

Thought that the £9.50 a month option here would be best, unless anyone else knows anything better? Had a work phone for 14 years so haven't got a clue what the best deals are these days!

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-mont ... /index.htm

Post subject: Re: Mobile Contract
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:12 
ugvm'er at heart...

If she is currently on Vodafone, then the last thing she wants to do is get another Vodafone contract if she wants to port her number. It's actually a lot easier to port to another provider than to port within a provider.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:19 
Excellent Member

Trooper wrote:
If she is currently on Vodafone, then the last thing she wants to do is get another Vodafone contract if she wants to port her number. It's actually a lot easier to port to another provider than to port within a provider.

Problem is she will be allowed to keep her work Iphone 6 on VF and that can't be unlocked for a year I think so she will need to stay with them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:40 
ugvm'er at heart...

Then keeping her number will be tricky i'm afraid. You might have to port it to a pay as you go sim on another provider for 30 days, and then port it back again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:56 
Excellent Member

Trooper wrote:
Then keeping her number will be tricky i'm afraid. You might have to port it to a pay as you go sim on another provider for 30 days, and then port it back again.

From what I've been told from the guy who manages our phones at work (who works for me:)) she has to sign up for say the £9.50 a month VF SIM only deal then he can raise a code from the work VF account and the number will be moved over. The number has been in play for 10 years and already moved from 02 to VF 18 months ago.

She has no choice other than VF if she wants to keep using the IPhone as there is some arrangement between Apple and VF that keeps them locked for 12 months, by all accounts not even phones shops can get around it as Apple block it.

I don't know why she wants to keep the number really a quick email to maybe 20 people would sort out a new number and she will no doubt get work related calls for sometime if she keeps the current number.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:03 
ugvm'er at heart...

I'd call Vodafone yourself to confirm. It certainly used to be the case a couple of years ago that you couldn't transfer a number between accounts within Vodafone, as their internal systems didn't allow it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:33 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

asfish wrote:
She has no choice other than VF if she wants to keep using the IPhone as there is some arrangement between Apple and VF that keeps them locked for 12 months, by all accounts not even phones shops can get around it as Apple block it.

Nah, they can do it just fine if they want to. Voda unlock Apple devices that we buy if we ask them to do it - because we're on a corporate deal and we give Voda a metric fuckton of cash. They just don't want to unlock it because then they get to sit on your contract.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]