Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:30 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

I've played against quite a few MechaCthun decks now and a lot fewer bomb warriors (given everyone has an answer for it now)
The most common decks for me (currently bouncing between ranks 8 , 9 , 10) are Mecha Hunter / Silent Priest / Cyclone Mage and Lackey Druid

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:48 
Thanks

I think the game is in a pretty good spot at the moment, I'm really rather enjoying playing it.

Fuck me do you need an impressive card collection these days though, even Zoolock now runs legendaries with pretty important effects.

Fortunately I've kept on top of things and always have a decent war chest of dust to craft required cards.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:56 
ugvm'er at heart...

I quite enjoyed the first couple of wings of the new adventure. Although normal was a bit too easy, and your unlocks from normal don't count in heroic, so not much replayability for me.

I've given up on the ladder for now, I just do Arena these days, and only play a couple of times a week.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:45 
Thanks

Trooper wrote:
I've given up on the ladder for now, I just do Arena these days, and only play a couple of times a week.

It's as easy and cheap as it's going to be for a while to get back into Standard Ladder, as they've just done all the set rotations.

I still reckon you'd be talking a fairly substantial spend to get a solid card collection though.

Once you're on the curve though, it's entirely possible to freeload the game and maintain a relevant card collection, I haven't spent any money at expansion launch for years now, and have enough gold saved up to get around 100 packs for each new expansion.

I haven't missed a daily quest for over five years though, mind.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 13:21 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Trooper wrote:

It's as easy and cheap as it's going to be for a while to get back into Standard Ladder, as they've just done all the set rotations.

I still reckon you'd be talking a fairly substantial spend to get a solid card collection though.

Once you're on the curve though, it's entirely possible to freeload the game and maintain a relevant card collection, I haven't spent any money at expansion launch for years now, and have enough gold saved up to get around 100 packs for each new expansion.

I haven't missed a daily quest for over five years though, mind.

There are some decks though that don't require legendarys at all , I'm still playing around with the resurrection priest deck - which has only 2 'paid' legendaries in Zilliax (great 5 drop with charge and lifesteal) and Catrina (resurrect a dead minion) and a mech hunter deck that just has one (Zilliax) which i'm sure could be swapped out for something else without affecting things too much

I enjoyed the first wing of the expansion and I'm sure i'll go through the others when they drop

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 15:48 
ugvm'er at heart...

I've got a tempo rogue deck that is averaging 60% right now, and enough dust for a couple of other decks. It's not that I can't be competitive on the ladder, I just can't be arsed :D . The monthly reset doesn't really work for me now as a super casual player.

I prefer Arena as a mode, did a 10 win run t'other night, which was nice.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:26 
8-Bit Champion

Trooper wrote:
I've got a tempo rogue deck that is averaging 60% right now, and enough dust for a couple of other decks. It's not that I can't be competitive on the ladder, I just can't be arsed :D . The monthly reset doesn't really work for me now as a super casual player.

I prefer Arena as a mode, did a 10 win run t'other night, which was nice.

I had quite a long period where i was only playing once ever few days - then just before this expansion dropped I randomly dropped into a match against someone using an interesting deck - looked it up and it all sorta clicked so i played a lot (and then the deck was useless as a chunk of the cards rotated out)

The monthly reset is an odd one - before I always ended up somewhere about 16 or 17 and got reset to just above 20 and would battle down to get to at least 20 again.
That little burst around the last expansion got me to 10 and i've been bouncing around that point for a while now but never really getting a good string of matches together to progress any higher.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 15:34 
8-Bit Champion

oh oh - balance updates inbound

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/ ... 0006326891

Prep from -3 to -2 is a big one and so is pushing that pirate combo card up one

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 17:40 
Thanks

On balance I'm OK with them, even though I enjoy playing Rogue and have done for years. Prep is a very powerful card and I can get on board with the new iteration of it.

The Pirate combo card is way over the top at the moment, even with the nerf I think it'll still get played.

At least Blizz are quicker with these changes nowadays, it used to take them forever.

Reply to topic  [ 3359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68