Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 22:48 
Paws for thought

Look on the bright side, it gives you an insight of the rendering engine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 23:11 
Hello Hello Hello

Now I know how console gamers feel.

They probably only render the purple blobs at 30FPS as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:00 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

More things to try and encourage you to play WOW

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blo ... -3-15-2016

Quote:
A New Hearthstone Hero Has Come to Light!

Players who level a World of Warcraft character to level 20 will earn a new Achievement, Fledgling Hero of Warcraft, that will unlock Liadrin for use in Hearthstone. No World of Warcraft subscription is necessary to earn this hero and bring the power of the Light to bear in Hearthstone—simply log in to your existing World of Warcraft account and play.

Note that while the World of Warcraft Achievement will not be rewarded retroactively, anyone who leveled a character to level 20 after 11 a.m. PST on March 11 will be eligible to receive Lady Liadrin.
HeroPower_HS_InBlog_EK_260x161.gif

Once earned, you’ll be able to find your new Hero waiting for you in your collection (My Collection) within the Heroes tab.

Don’t have a World of Warcraft account? Getting started is easy—and free—with the Starter Edition, which can quickly be added to your existing Battle.net account.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:37 
Hello Hello Hello

Ahhh well, I guess I can level a character to 20 quick enough, fully heirloomed out it should only take a few hours. My WoW account is still active.

In fact, I may farm the task out to Hearthly Jnr as she loves WoW and enjoys levelling, I'll just let her log into my account.

SICK VIDEOGAME IN AUTISTIC CHILD SLAVE LABOUR HORROR - The headline writes itself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:14 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Ahhh well, I guess I can level a character to 20 quick enough, fully heirloomed out it should only take a few hours. My WoW account is still active.

The details say you can do it in the free mode and I've seen quotes of around 3 hours to go through it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:26 
Hello Hello Hello

1-20 in three hours sounds a bit optimistic, especially on a free account as you won't have access to any heirloom items or suchlike to speed things along.

Could be possible though I suppose.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:34 
Hello Hello Hello

Reasonable Tavern Brawl this week, although Mage totally wrecks it. The deck below is fun.

Cards from the next expansion are now starting to be revealed, Trump is doing his usual reviews as they become known entities.

EXCITING HEARTHSTONE TIMES.

Attachment:
brawlo.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 18:52 
Hello Hello Hello

Ha I totally gamed the new hero. Trump mentioned in a video that you just need to get a character to ding Level 20 in WoW, it doesn't have to be taken from 1 to 20.

Had a quick look through all the realms I've got characters on, and I had a Level 18 Prot Warrior camped on Horde on Frostwhisper, can't even remember what I rolled him for back in the day.

Anyway, got him heirloomed up, and one instance later he was Level 20, hero unlocked, took about 15 minutes :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:15 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Ha I totally gamed the new hero. Trump mentioned in a video that you just need to get a character to ding Level 20 in WoW, it doesn't have to be taken from 1 to 20.

Lucky - I've installed WOW and will have a look at some point on just how quick it levels - and i think your right in that the 2-3 is if your previously a player and can speed run parts of it - if your not its 3-4 which i may not bother with.

In other news the Anyfin Paladin is still doing well for me and I'm down to rank 9 (highest I've ever been) - I'm sure a bad run will knock me a long way back down the ladder but its interesting to see the matchups here - to be fair the only ones that give me problems are if i don't draw any of my heal cards quickly enough and they have a rush deck , or if they have a druid and get to around round 10 with a minion still on the board then its 3xtree things with charge + extra damage + extra damage and i'm gone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 0:17 
8-Bit Champion

Biggest minion but if it takes 3 or 4 goes at round 10 to get it out , and its vulnerable for a round i'm not sure how playable it would be

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/heart ... ign=buffer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:44 
Hello Hello Hello

'Follow the rules!'

'Bollocks'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:51 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
'Follow the rules!'

'Bollocks'

Yip - 30 to 1 straight off - there are so many removals and if the way to to it is

Play a 9 point card which is a 9/9 , have it stay on the board
Play another 9 point 9/9 card and have *both* stay alive on the board
It arrives next turn - realistically you've already won

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:29 
Sleepyhead

Alarm-o-bot + faceless?

Then you get him on turn 6. You'd have to be a bit lucky though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:37 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
Alarm-o-bot + faceless?

Then you get him on turn 6. You'd have to be a bit lucky though.

Unless there is more to it then i think its going to have to be a deck crafted to get Cthulhu on the board - the other thing I was thinking of is the ways to get stealth on minions (so Rouge spells)

Although 30 / 30 is a lot you dont really see many people try for the Voltron character which is easier to pull off and is basically a 16/8 (and the windfury means they can churn through small taunts which is something that this character cant)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:32 
8-Bit Champion

More crazy cards

'random win or lose card'

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blo ... n-4-7-2016

So basically playing this card will cast a spell for every spell you have previously cast and picks a random target.

Late in the game that could be dozens of random things that all fire off at you , your enemy , or anything on the board

This one looks interesting

So as long as you have the health to play something else

The other gods

So 6 extra random damage but onto an empty board its a 6 point charge (meh)

Wonder how this interacts with undertaker , and if you give something a death rattle via an item (like the hat?)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:24 
8-Bit Champion

This looks to be an interesting card

I assume you wont get their battlecrys but it could give you big crazy drops

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:33 
Hello Hello Hello

Looks like every class gets to be Control Warrior with all these new massive cards....

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it settles down, but in Standard all this new shit should shake things up a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 19:31 
8-Bit Champion

A week today !

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/sta ... 6879365122

Quote:
Whispers of the Old Gods goes live on April 26th! http://blizz.ly/DOOOOOM #Hearthstone #OldGods

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 21:43 
Hello Hello Hello

Thank goodness for that, the game does feel rather stale at the moment, I'm really banking on Standard Mode shaking things up quite substantially. Even my daily quest has felt like a bit of a chore of late.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 20:42 
8-Bit Champion

And lots of other nerfs - the two big ones for me are getting rid of the Druid's tree-ent + savage roar (which if they have minions out can kill you from healthy) and the Rogue's weapon attack which meant they could buff the weapon and hit you twice with it

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20097355/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 20:51 
Hello Hello Hello

Holy shit, they've really gone for the jugular there.

On balance I don't disagree with any of it but it seriously holes a lot of decks below the waterline, it'll be fascinating to see what emerges from the ashes.

And yeah, fuck Druids and Force + Savage Roar, none of the Druid decks I play run that bullshit combo.

Aggro decks take a big hit too, which I approve very much of.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 21:31 
Sleepyhead

Hearthly wrote:
Holy shit, they've really gone for the jugular there.

And for the juggler!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 21:34 
Hello Hello Hello

Here all week Curio?

Attachment:
badum.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 18:03 
Hello Hello Hello

What is it with people in the current Tavern Brawl who:

1) Think about their mulligan and

2) Spend time thinking about their first play?

EVERY FUCKING CARD IN YOUR DECK AND YOUR HAND IS A RAVEN IDOL - CAN YOU NOT READ AND/OR SEE?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:09 
Hello Hello Hello

The nerfs have landed!

You can hear the wails of a thousand Face Hunters. And when STANDARD mode opens up, it's bye bye to Mad Scientist as well. Lols.

(Old Gods and the new game mode open tomorrow I believe. Exciting Hearthstone times!)

Attachment:
fuck.JPG

Attachment:
you.JPG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 18:57 
Hello Hello Hello

Oh the LOLs as a Face Hunter plays Arcane Golem and you can almost smell his confusion as the stats are wrong and it can't charge, and you get that outline thing as he's mousing over/tapping on it to try and understand what's happened :D

I did enjoy using the new 'Wow' emote, which brings forth an 'Astonishing!' from Garrosh :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 19:27 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Oh the LOLs as a Face Hunter plays Arcane Golem and you can almost smell his confusion as the stats are wrong and it can't charge, and you get that outline thing as he's mousing over/tapping on it to try and understand what's happened :D

I like the Druids who say 'well played' as they pull out the tree ents and buff them only for them to sit there with Zzz's on :-)

Not mine but :

http://imgur.com/yEAQf9e

I think the only nerfed card that featured in a lot of my decks is the Molten Giant , for the mage it does not matter as i would always have my 'dont die' secret on but it will make playing Warlock more difficult

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:13 
Hello Hello Hello

I'm slightly dubious about that screenshot as the Druid is Rank 12 and he's already played a BGH, so surely he noticed that BGH's mana cost had gone from 3 to 5, thus the penny should have dropped that something was amiss (again, considering he's playing at Rank 12 so isn't a n00b).

Interestingly(ish) I played a Druid at Rank 16 last night who was just going for mega-value plays, so he Innervated out the Treants very early simply for board presence, unfortunately for him I had Cleave and Fiery War Axe in hand :) He was also still running a Keeper Of The Grove, which even with its gimped stats still has a powerful effect. From then on he was able to make power-play after power-play with massive Druid cards, which I could just about keep up with thanks to the Control Warrior toolset and, TBH, having the right cards either in hand or appearing when I needed them.

I can still see a Ramp Druid deck being very effective despite the nerfs.

Quote:
I think the only nerfed card that featured in a lot of my decks is the Molten Giant , for the mage it does not matter as i would always have my 'dont die' secret on but it will make playing Warlock more difficult

You remind me of a chap at work who can never remember the names of cards, so instead he identifies them by their samples. So trying to describe Cabal Shadow Priest would be 'Let me change your mind', and so on :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:06 
8-Bit Champion

Well its live for Europe

3 free card packs for opening the program , a 'special' quest for 2 extra packs to win 2 games in standard mode

I opened my 50 (+3) packs and got 3 new legendaries

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/33168-yo ... -hopes-end

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/33147-ragnaros-lightlord

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/31117-ho ... -of-elwynn

I still have about 3500 gold so can get another 30+ packs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 13:03 
8-Bit Champion

zaphod79 wrote:

3 free card packs for opening the program , a 'special' quest for 2 extra packs to win 2 games in standard mode

Actually its 5 packs for 2 wins , I got those and the next quest options which is another 5 packs for 7 wins (in standard)

An interesting view of the meta , one of my games was against a druid who played nothing but chthun buff type cards (or occasionally if your chthund is at least X do Y) , I took them all down as I went along and the icon for his Chtund showed it was about a 16/16 at this stage but he never drew it and i just finished him off somewhere around round 12 or 13

So spend all that time and cards to get a magic card but never draw it

I also cant see how these cards will work in Arena as you have no idea if you will actually have a chtund card or not !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 20:34 
Hello Hello Hello

Very generous with the free packs IMO, pretty easy to get 13 packs of free cards.

I 'bought' 50 packs with my gold, then got the 13 free packs, and then 'bought' another 25 packs just because I love opening packs of cards - still got 5095 gold and 14685 dust. Dust took a bit of a hit as I crafted a Leeroy for a silly new aggro pally deck which I powered through the wins with for the bonus free packs with.

Ended up with a very nice representation of the new cards, including 5 new unique legendaries. (Annoyingly I got 7 legendaries in total but 2 of them were dupes!)

I'll wait and see how the meta settles down and let smarter people than me work out optimal decks to try, although my initial impression of C'Thun decks is the same as yours zaphod, seems to be too slow - they were dead before they got a sniff of a chance of playing him. There's no point buffing a card tucked away in your deck, that you never get to play :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 20:46 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
they were dead before they got a sniff of a chance of playing him. There's no point buffing a card tucked away in your deck, that you never get to play :)

I've now played 2 that managed to get him out , one was a very smart looking priest deck , a few cards with 'heals buff cthun' and with other heal centric cards they churned through there deck quite quickly and then played a '20' point Cthun which took me out - one i think deserves a bit of a look as the only 'old' cards they played were clerics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:52 
Excellent Member

C'thun Decks are pretty fun, but i'm sure they'll get tiresome very soon.

BTW, did anyone tried this game?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... -released/

Looks pretty great and has the same F2P model as Hearthstone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 
Hello Hello Hello

RuySan wrote:
C'thun Decks are pretty fun, but i'm sure they'll get tiresome very soon.

BTW, did anyone tried this game?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... -released/

Looks pretty great and has the same F2P model as Hearthstone.

Re. Duelyst - I watched the Trump series of videos on it and had a crack at the beta myself, in all fairness it did seem pretty good but there was no way it was going to replace Hearthstone so it only got one evening out of me.

Re. Old Gods expansion - I'm really liking it, not having to hear the sound of Dr Fucking Boom appearing on Turn 7 is worth the price of admission alone. Oh yes and no Mech Mage, which is nice.

Currently playing around with an hideously effective aggro Paladin deck, a great Shaman Evolve deck my brother conjured up, and my favourite of the three a C'Thun Control Warrior deck, which I imagine must be very frustrating to play against.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:03 
8-Bit Champion

Two impressive packs from tonights extra's (finished off the win 7 games in wild)

2 Golden rares and a Legendary :

Attachment:
Screenshot 2016-04-30 00.46.15.png

A Legendary a rare and an epic :

Attachment:
Screenshot 2016-04-30 01.00.12.png

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 16:57 
Hello Hello Hello

I've gone a bit mental on packs, have bought 90 packs with gold plus the 13 freebies for a grand total of 103 Old Gods packs. (I just love opening packs of cards.)

On top of that I've crafted (IIRC) four legendaries, several epics and a few rares - so I've burned through a chunk of my dust as well. (And I've not done too bad on opening decent cards either - but I just want to try as many new decks as possible.)

Currently having fun with this Rogue deck, 100% playing in Standard, no interest in Wild at the moment - it's so nice to wave goodbye to so many annoying decks and cards :)

Attachment:
nozzer.JPG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 22:19 
Hello Hello Hello

Crikey, so that's 30 wins today then :)

New expansion is awesome, been pinging messages back and forth between my brother and a couple of chums who are also into the game, we all agree this is just the shot in the arm the game needed.

Great fun out there at the moment!

Attachment:
30wins.JPG

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:34 
Hello Hello Hello

Entertaining summary of the Hearthstone meta early into the new expansion.

http://www.pcgamer.com/7-things-we-lear ... expansion/

This made me lolz:

Quote:
Yogg-Saron is the half-viable one, with players running him in spell-heavy decks as much for entertainment as effectiveness. Inconsistency was the initial fear, but from what’s been seen so far Yogg’s consistency is more of a problem— we know that Yogg will generally draw a bunch of cards, play Secrets, and kill himself, the board, and sometimes you. Y’Shaarj is the black sheep of the betentacled family for now, because his effect is less destructive than the other Old Gods

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:42 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Quote:
Yogg-Saron is the half-viable one, with players running him in spell-heavy decks as much for entertainment as effectiveness. Inconsistency was the initial fear, but from what’s been seen so far Yogg’s consistency is more of a problem— we know that Yogg will generally draw a bunch of cards, play Secrets, and kill himself, the board, and sometimes you. Y’Shaarj is the black sheep of the betentacled family for now, because his effect is less destructive than the other Old Gods

Because he was one of the early legendary cards I picked i put together a few spell heavy decks and basically its a 'f*ck this all' card - I've had him decimate boards , kill himself , kill me , and kill the other player - its far far far too random and actually because of the randomness you often get a number of dud spells.

I'm playing a few C'thund decks - and actually picking any hero - chosing the C'thund / old gods template and topping up any missing cards gives you something that generally works.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 20:16 
Hello Hello Hello

Yeah but he's worth it just for spectacles like this:

https://youtu.be/WSrcrmy6csU?t=30m21s

As a last throw of the dice he's an awesome card, although I'm not sure I'd ever dare to run him :D

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 18:47 
8-Bit Champion

Crafted my first Legendary in ages - The Black Knight since we've replaced Dr 7 with Emperor 7

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:53 
Hello Hello Hello

It's been very interesting to see how previously retired legendaries are right back in the game, The Black Knight is one, and Cairne Bloodhoof is getting loads of play again too - thanks to N'Zoth.

I came up against this fucker of a deck last night, it was so crushing I had to immediately try it for myself.

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/deck ... -standard/

Had to craft Eadric (I'd already crafted Ragnaros The Lightlord), and an extra Forbidden Healing.

Oh my word it can make a mess of damn near every other deck in the game.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 21:30 
8-Bit Champion

Interesting tavern brawl this week - choose 2 cards and your whole deck is just copies of those two

I picked a mage and unstable portal / sorcerers apprentice

Came up against a druid with innervate and Nightblade and a mage with magic missiles / mana worm

I suppose if your lucky you could go druid / raggy or similar for a quick win - there has to be something good on the curve to throw in there

Edit cheap combo for crazy early wins : Hunter with Mechwarper + Mechtooth leaper

Turn 3 you can basically put down all your cards and every new card as well + the hunters 2 point hit every round or if you go second turn 2 gets you your whole hand out

Just played a druid - innervate + Dr Boom on round 1 , i passed - he hits face - i drop my whole hand turn two and he concedes :-)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 22:54 
8-Bit Champion

I lost one in here to an interesting Warrior deck (i was too amazed to put my cards down) but about 12 minutes and 7 wins

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 0:57 
8-Bit Champion

Okay hit another deck I cant do anything about - and no easy way around it - mage with ice block and fireball

Each turn they play ice block so they cant die , and they just ping points off you or fireball you

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:11 
8-Bit Champion

Another weird deck - druid with innovate and oracle - so just keep pumping them out and try to get you to fatigue (i just powered through)

And one that beat me - hunter with wolf and unleash the dogs - on turn 3 when i dropped out all my cards he had 3 wolfs - unleash gave all the doggies 3 hits to kill my mechs

And last one that beats me druid with innovate and the 10/10 minion that plays another minion from your deck - by turn 2 or 3 he has 2 10x10's on the board and i dont have enough to stop them

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 15:36 
8-Bit Champion

Attachment:
IMG_3439.jpg

What ?

Attachment:
IMG_3440.jpg

Ahhh , that explains it.

I've not found much that can beat me , the most common deck seems to be mage with mana wyrm and magic missiles , there are a number of druids with innovate + a big minion , a similar deck to mine with rogue - Mechwarper + Iron Sensi but that ends up being a bit more random on where the buffs happen and Gorrilamech decks where that really depends on what other minions they get for 'free'

The 'odd' decks that almost work are Druid with innovate + oracle - yes they can nearly exhaust my cards but i just drop too much damage down - and an interesting Paladin deck with the one minion agents with divine shield and the 'change all minions health to 1' cards - the issue there is I can get too many minions on my side and once i have board control its the end.
Oh and I've played two variants of Warrior with a 0 point taunt minion and Bolster which gives taunts +2/2 but they all cant get enough cards out due to the low amount of mana

What can beat me is :

Druid - Innovate + the 10 minion that plays another minion from your deck , they can do that on round 1 (with coin) or round 2 (without) and they have 2 10x10 minions so even if i drop all my minions they hit me for 20 , and then finish it off next time.
Mage - Ice block + just about anything that does damage , it doesnt matter what they have as their other card as I can never kill them and even just their single point power would eventually kill me
Another Hunter mech deck - this then just comes down to who goes 2nd (advantage) and what the split in cards is on that round - ideally you want 3xwarpers + every other card to be the leaper

And finally the RNG - I have had a few games where I draw 3 leapers (the buff card) - swap them all out and get more leapers and just never draw enough warpers to play my cards - at one point we were on about round 6 (so thats 3+3+6 cards i've drawn and I only had 1 warper)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 17:16 
Hello Hello Hello

LOL, first go, he conceded on Turn 3.

(He'd played one minion on his second turn which I'd cleared.)

Not sure it's one I'll hammer though, might just take the free pack of cards.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 18:38 
Hello Hello Hello

Current Tavern Brawl is pretty good fun.

Try this deck for amuse-o-wins.

You basically use the Hunter's Marks and On The Hunts/Elven Archers to remove absolutely anything threatening they play early on, for tempo in your favour that is almost impossible for them to overcome.

Attachment:
brakers.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 15:35 
Hello Hello Hello

Nice Tavern Brawl on at the moment, this deck is giving me around an 80% winrate.

Cards off the bottom are Ysera, Deathwing, N'Zoth and Sea Giant - although TBH everything from 6 mana upwards can pretty much be replaced by any decent card you have for the mana slot, and the game is often over by then anyway. Try and get some dragons in there though as getting the +1 and charge on Alexstraza's Champion is mega-handy.

Paladins are the only class that's giving me any real trouble.

Attachment:
tavvo.JPG

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 72  Next