Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:11 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Hearthly wrote:
Certainly I've been playing the game more than I have for quite a long time since the last expansion came out.

Weirdly for me the previous expansion brought me back to playing daily but this one has pushed me away again because it will require me to burn dust to make decks work (any daily quests i get i'm still using the previous decks i had) - however I'm playing battlegrounds daily instead

Upcoming Nerfs and buffs (what i find interesting here is virtually all the changes for the base game are nerfs and virtually all the changes for battlegrounds are buffs)

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heart ... week/22295

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:14 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
Hearthly wrote:
Upcoming Nerfs and buffs (what i find interesting here is virtually all the changes for the base game are nerfs and virtually all the changes for battlegrounds are buffs)

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heart ... week/22295

Interesting, I think I'll be due a refund on some of those if I want to get one. (Can't comment on Battlegrounds as I don't play it.)

I'll say one thing for Blizzard, they're MUCH quicker at these sorts of balance changes than they used to be.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:51 
Hello Hello Hello

I've decided to just fuck it and craft the cards I need for the decks I want to play, latest up is HIGHLANDER HUNTER which is really good fun to play.

I burned through my entire stash of around 10K dust early on in the expansion, then dropped another £100 which yielded thousands more dust (and a few nice epics and legendaries), most of which I've spent already. If the game needs more money it can have more money, I've been playing it for SIX FUCKING YEARS so my current spend of £350 seems entirely reasonable, if it takes another £100-£200 off me then fair enough.

I actually only needed to craft one card for this deck (Dinotamer Brann), I had all the others already, for example I'd already crafted Zephrys and Dragonqueen Alexstrasza for Highlander Rogue (which I ended up not liking very much).

Obviously the neutrals are better value in some regards than the class specifics, but like I said, fuck it, gaming costs money so my stand of not spending more money on the game has been fucked off.

Attachment:
hjighalers.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 18:15 
Hello Hello Hello

So I've got to Rank 5 in Standard already this month, mainly with a mix of HIGHLANDER HUNTER and EMBIGGEN DRUID.

MUST NOT THINK ABOUT HOW MANY HOURS I AM SINKING INTO THIS GAME, OR HOW MANY HOURS IT'S HAD OFF ME OVER THE LAST SIX YEARS.

I mean, even at an average of one hour per day (which is well short of reality), that'd be 2190 hours.

Fuck me.

Attachment:
biddfgertoeds.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:05 
Hello Hello Hello

Since crafting myself Zephrys and playing around with him quite a bit, I've been fascinated to dig into how he really works behind the scenes, check out this Hearthstone Wiki entry for ONE SINGLE CARD.

And the more of this one digests and understands, the better one will be able to play with, and play against, the card.

I've used him in some pretty complex interactions to win games or save myself from death.

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Zephrys_the_Great

Attachment:
zepho.png

My chum was less impressed with him.

Attachment:
chummo.JPG

WALL OF TEXT.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Zephrys the Great
Zephrys the Great
Regular
Gold
Zephrys the Great(90825).png
Set: Saviors of Uldum
Type: Minion
Subtype: Elemental
Rarity: Legendary
Cost: 2
Attack: 3
Health: 2
Abilities: Battlecry, Highlander
Tags: Battlefield-related, Deck-related, Highlander
Artist: Max Grecke
Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, wish for the perfect card.

"Of course it's perfect, you're just not seeing how to use it."

See this card on Hearthpwn

[data page]
Zephrys the Great is a legendary neutral minion card, from the Saviors of Uldum set.

Zephrys grants the wishing player a card from a selection of three cards, from the Basic and Classic sets, to help turn the tide of battle in the player's favor. The selection of cards is based on what is best for the current game state for the player, as determined by an internal algorithm.

Of all Hearthstone cards, Zephrys the Great required the most development work and the largest team effort to design.

Contents
1 How to get
2 Notes
3 Strategy
3.1 Cards offered
4 Fixed bugs
5 Quotes
6 Lore
7 Trivia
8 Gallery
9 Patch changes
10 Footnotes
11 References
12 External links

More from Gamepedia
X
More from Gamepedia
How to get
Zephrys the Great can be obtained through Saviors of Uldum card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward.

Card Crafting cost Disenchanting
Zephrys the Great 1600 400
Golden Zephrys the Great 3200 1600
Notes
General
Zephrys' Battlecry allows the player to choose a card from the Basic or Classic set to add to their hand from a selection of three cards, from any class. The three cards offered are based on what is best for the current gameplay situation, as calculated by an internal algorithm.[1]
Zephrys' algorithm will consider both players' board state, your available mana after playing Zephrys, your available mana for the next turn, both players' health totals (health and armor), both players' classes, both players' deck sizes, and how many cards are in your hand and in your opponent's hand.[2][3][4] Zephrys also considers the number of Secrets the opponent has, and the opponent's weapon if they have one equipped.[3] Zephrys also considers both players' Basic and Upgraded Hero Powers, but not most other hero powers.[4]
Zephrys will only use "public" information in selecting his card offerings, as detailed above; thus, he will not see or use "private" information, such as what cards are in your hand.[2][5]
In addition to looking at the board state, Zephrys also breaks down cards from the Basic and Classic sets into categories.[3] For example, Zephrys can offer one area of effect card, one single-target removal card, and one proactive minion by default in most situations.[6] Sometimes Zephrys will offer more cards of one category than the others, or will offer more meaningful options, depending on the situation.[6]
For example, if the opponent has enough minions on the board, Zephrys might offer three board clear cards.[6] Generally though, there is a threshold at which Zephrys keeps offering cards from the same category.[3]
For example, if your opponent is Lord Jaraxxus, he will offer Sacrificial Pact to destroy him.
Zephrys will only offer cards that the player can play on the same or following turn.[7] He tries to prioritize the former but can also offer choices for the latter if he detects that he can give an especially useful option for the following turn.[1]
For example, if Zephrys is offering a board clear card, he may give Twisting Nether if there is 8 mana left, or Flamestrike if there is 7 mana remaining (and if enemy minions are mostly at 4 or less health).[1]
For example, if Zephrys is played on turn 7 and there are no other minions on the board, he is able to offer Tirion Fordring to play on turn 8.
Zephrys will always offer cards to grant the player lethal if possible in the current turn.
However, because Zephrys doesn't know what cards are in your hand, Zephrys will only spot lethal if the player has already taken the necessary actions to set up lethal.
Lethal will also only be granted if it is within the limitations of Zephrys' coding (please also see the "Lethal" section below).
Zephrys only looks at "interesting" Basic and Classic cards and will never offer "uninteresting" cards which players would rarely want, such as Bloodfen Raptor.[1] There are a total of roughly 130+ cards that Zephrys looks at when considering what to offer for the player.[4] For gameplay reasons (e.g. Edwin VanCleef, Knife Juggler, wishing for more wishes[3]), he will also never offer cards with return to hand effects (namely Shadowstep, Youthful Brewmaster, and Ancient Brewmaster).[8][9][10]
In general, Zephrys somewhat understands some normal game mechanics (e.g. Taunt,[11] Windfury,[12] Divine Shield,[13] Poisonous,[13] Spell Damage[14][15][16]) but not unusual minion or weapon card text and effects (e.g. Electra Stormsurge,[17] Deathrattles,[18] Supercollider[19]). He does, however, understand conditional effects (e.g. Kill Command,[20] Houndmaster[21]) and healing-into-damage effects (e.g. Auchenai Soulpriest[22]). Zephrys also understands offering Choose One cards for their Choose Both effects (e.g. with Ossirian Tear).[23]
Zephrys is able to simulate what the game state looks like after some of Zephrys' offered cards are played on all possible targets. Zephrys then evaluates and compares the resulting game states after these targets have been "tested". Sometimes there might be simulations of waiting a turn to see what happens there. Holistically, Zephrys goes through a list of functions, one for each card that he offers, to obtain and compare resulting game states.[3]
Zephrys' Battlecry is similar to but not equal to a Discover effect, so it does not work with Discover-related effects such as Dwarven Archaeologist.[24][25]
Offers
Zephrys is able to offer board clear and single-target removal cards based on the attack and health of enemy minions, whether or not enemy minions will significantly reduce in stats if silenced, and whether enemy minions have Reborn[26] or Deathrattle[26] effects. When offering removal options, please note that Zephrys does not read or understand most unusual minion card text and effects.[27][28]
For example, if there are multiple minions on the opponent's board and they have 4 or less health, Zephrys is able to offer Flamestrike.[29]
For example, when offering a board clear card, Zephrys may offer Brawl if there is 5 mana remaining, Twisting Nether to avoid the risk of any minions surviving, or Blizzard if Zephrys wants to lock up the board.[6]
For example, if the opponent has a Twilight Drake, Zephrys is able to offer Earth Shock.
For example, if the opponent has a Lightspawn, Zephrys is able to offer Spellbreaker.[12]
Zephrys recognizes Deathrattles but does not understand the effects of Deathrattles, so when offering removal options for Deathrattle minions, he will prioritize removal that won't activate the Deathrattles, such as with transform or silence effects.
For example, if the opponent has a 6/6 Pyros, Zephrys is able to offer Hex to safely remove it without triggering its Deathrattle effect.[30]
Zephrys can offer specific counter cards such as Acidic Swamp Ooze if the opponent has a weapon,[31] Flare if they have an active Secret,[32] Crazed Alchemist if they have a Doomsayer,[1] Hungry Crab if they have a Murloc,[33] and Sacrificial Pact if they're transformed into Lord Jaraxxus.[34][21]
Zephrys, however, sometimes may not offer Flare if the opponent has only one active Secret.[35][36]
Zephrys may not offer Flare even if the opponent has only one active Secret and there is 2 mana remaining to spend.[37][38]
Zephrys is able to offer Flare if the opponent has five (a Christmas tree!) of Secrets,[39] but sometimes not when he thinks you have lethal through other means (but the Secrets actually make it impossible).[40]
Zephrys knows the number of Secrets the opponent has, but not what they are since it is not public information.[41]
Zephrys does not recognize the existence of Counterspell, nor does he prioritize Secret removal for the Mage class.[37][36][35]
Zephrys is able to offer Harrison Jones against the Rogue class even if they don't have a weapon equipped.[42]
Zephrys knows how an enemy Doomsayer works and will offer options accordingly.[13] The developers don't plan to teach Zephrys about individual card mechanics and interactions, but this case was a one-time exception.[13]
Zephrys is able to offer burst damage that's not lethal in the form of Bloodlust, Savage Roar, and Windfury.
Example: The player has 5 minions, presenting 6 damage. The opponent has 22 health and a 3/3 minion. Bloodlust is offered after Zephrys is played with 5 mana remaining, providing +15 attack and bringing the opponent down to 1 health.[43]
Example: The player has 3 minions, presenting 12 damage. The opponent has 22 health and no minions. Savage Roar is offered after Zephrys is played with 4 mana remaining for +8 damage, bringing the opponent down to 2 health.[44]
Example: The player only has a 6/6 Edwin VanCleef. The opponent has 28 health and no minions. Windfury is offered after Zephrys is played with 2 mana remaining.[45]
If the player is very low on Health, Zephrys will commonly offer several healing or survival options, such as Healing Touch.[46]
Zephrys is able to understand offering Combo cards for their Combo effects.
Zephrys is able to offer SI:7 Agent to deal 2 damage.[47]
Zephrys is able to offer Eviscerate to deal 4 damage.[7]
Zephrys is able to offer Cold Blood to give a friendly minion +4 Attack.
Zephrys is able to offer Edwin VanCleef after playing a lot of cards.[21]
Zephrys is able to offer minions based on their reduced costs, such as Dread Corsair, Sea Giant, and Mountain Giant.
Zephrys is able to offer High Inquisitor Whitemane to summon minions that died in the current turn if Zephrys is played with 7 or more mana remaining.
Zephrys is able to offer Twilight Drake if there are a lot of cards in hand.
Zephrys is able to offer King Mukla to mill the opponent.[48]
Zephrys is able to offer Shadowflame to play on himself to deal 3 damage to all enemy minions,[49][50] or to play on another minion to deal that minion's attack damage to all other minions.
Zephrys frequently offers Tirion Fordring as a proactive lategame card.
Zephrys is able to offer Alexstrasza if the player is ahead on board with roughly at least 10 attack,[51] the opponent's hero has more than 15 health, and there is at least 9 mana remaining after playing Zephrys.
Zephrys is able to offer Lord Jaraxxus if the player's hero is low on health, such as below 15 health, and is not considered in danger of dying.[52]
Zephrys is able to offer Faceless Manipulator if the opponent has at least one big-statted minion on the board, possibly on the order of an 8/8 or greater, even if there is no way on board to kill it, and even if the opponent has lethal once Faceless Manipulator's Battlecry is played on any minion.[53]
Zephrys is able to offer Earth Shock for a lone EVIL Totem when Zephrys is played with 1 mana remaining, but not any removal card for the EVIL Totem, such as Backstab or Arcane Shot.[54] This seems to indicate that Zephrys recognizes silencing the EVIL Totem would negate the opponent card generation, but also that Zephrys strangely values silence more than removal in this instance.
Zephrys offers cards only on their base cost, so cost-modifying effects such as Loatheb, Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Summoning Portal do not affect his offerings.[55][56]
For example, Zephrys may still offer Twisting Nether if the opponent has played Loatheb.
Zephrys sometimes does not offer the same cards when a double-Battlecry effect is in play, such as with Brann Bronzebeard or Spirit of the Shark, simply because hand size is changing in between wishes.[57][21][7]
Zephrys can offer Arcane Shot but never Holy Smite, since they are identical in function.[3]
Zephrys is able to offer Loot Hoarder if Zephrys is played with 2 mana remaining and there are no cards left in the deck.[58][59] This may be a bug.
Lethal
Zephrys will always offer cards to allow the player to gain lethal, even options that are unintuitive at first glance.
However, since he cannot see what cards are in the player's hand, he can miss lethal chances if the player does not play out their cards first.[60][61][62][63]
He will not offer lethal solutions that rely on RNG.[20][64]
He will only offer lethal within the limitations of Zephrys' coding. This page attempts to address all of his algorithm limitations.
Zephrys is able to find lethal with a Basic or Upgraded Hero Power. Additionally, the modified cost and modified damage/healing of the hero power is also taken into account.[4]
Example: The opponent is at 8 health, and Zephrys is played, leaving 7 mana available. Zephrys is able to offer Fireball in combination with Steady Shot for lethal.[65]
Zephrys understands finding lethal with a healing spell such as Healing Touch with Auchenai Soulpriest on the board.[22][66] This also works with other healing-into-damage effects, such as with Auchenai Phantasm or Embrace the Shadow.
Zephrys is able to offer silence when he spots a lethal blocked by Taunt minions.[11]
Zephrys is able to offer silence if the player has a frozen minion on board capable of giving lethal if it was unfrozen.[4]
Zephrys is able to offer silence to reset a friendly minion's stats to get lethal, getting rid of a set attribute effect.[67]
Zephrys will favor silence cards among potential lethal options to help minimize unwanted interference caused by Deathrattles or other card effects.[4]
Zephrys is able to find lethal through fatigue damage.[68]
Zephrys is able to find lethal using Prophet Velen's damage modifier effect.[69]
Zephrys is able to offer Alexstrasza for lethal,[a] but not in some Solo Adventures such as Tombs of Terror.[70]
Zephrys is able to offer Heroic Strike for a hero with Windfury to find lethal, such as if the hero is equipped with Doomhammer.[71]
Zephrys does not use active cost-reduction effects to find lethal.
Example: Zephrys cannot find lethal using an active Preparation,[21] Bloodbloom,[72] or Kalecgos[73] in play.
Example: Zephrys cannot find lethal using an active Summoning Portal in play.
Zephrys does not offer Tundra Rhino for lethal.[74][75]
Zephrys does not offer Timber Wolf for lethal.[76][75]
Zephrys does not offer Unleash the Hounds for lethal.[77]
Zephrys does not offer Blessing of Might for lethal.[78]
Zephrys does not give Windfury for lethal if you have already attacked with the minion.[79][80]
Zephrys is able to offer Baron Geddon for its end-of-turn effect that deals 2 damage to all other characters, but will not recognize using a Baron Geddon already on board to deal 2 damage to the enemy hero for achieving lethal.
Example: Baron Geddon is on the player's board and the opponent hero is at 8 Health. Zephrys is played with 4 mana remaining. Fireball is not offered for lethal.[80]
Strategy
Zephrys is an incredibly powerful card that can save you from a bad situation, kill priority targets, generate value for later turns, or create lethal. Generally, you should save Zephrys for when you have no other good plays. Zephrys will always be an efficient play, so it's a good idea to wait until he's your only efficient play. When you do play Zephrys, it's a good idea to play out your other cards first to get to a desired level of mana remaining, then play him to persuade Zephrys to give you cards at or below that mana cost (factoring in the cost to play Zephrys of course).[81] To find out what Zephrys likes to offer you in various scenarios, the only way to find out is to play Zephrys a lot for yourself to see what he likes in different situations.

Since Zephrys gives you a choice between three cards, you still have to judge which of his options will be the best. For example - at three mana remaining he may give a healing spell like Holy Light, a removal spell like Deadly Shot, and a Mountain Giant which is currently playable. It's up to you to decide which path will provide the best value currently and on later turns.

Pay close attention to what Zephrys is offering, especially if the options include direct-damage spells or cards like Windfury, Savage Roar, and Bloodlust. He may see a lethal that you didn't account for.

If you're attempting to gain lethal with Zephrys, be sure to use your burst damage first. Zephrys will not check the cards in your hand, so he won't count them as damage when searching for lethal.

Even if this wastes a lot of his value, Zephrys isn't a terrible play on curve. He'll generally offer 3-mana cards, making him a super-upgraded Jeweled Scarab. In particular, he'll almost always offer Animal Companion, Wild Growth, and Brightwing, three of the best 3-mana cards in the Basic and Classic set. He can also curve out later turns as well, offering fitting mana costs no matter when he's played. He also often offers Tirion Fordring in the lategame as a proactive play.

Be wary of Bomb Warrior, which can disable Zephrys' effect by shuffling multiple Bombs into your deck. Try to play Zephrys early if you can in this match up.

Since he has the same singleton condition, Zephrys is a natural fit for decks using Reno Jackson, Kazakus, Inkmaster Solia, Raza the Chained, Krul the Unshackled, Elise the Enlightened, Sir Finley of the Sands, Dinotamer Brann or Reno the Relicologist.

Zephrys doesn't always need to be included in singleton decks. Since his effect only cares about your current deck, he can be played at or near fatigue to make use of his Battlecry. This can allow you to find a finisher as an aggro deck or another piece of value in a long control match. This works especially well in combination with Chef Nomi.

Cards offered
Most of the powerful cards that Zephrys thinks about giving to the player are listed below:[b]

Cards that offer single-target damage or removal:
Moonfire, Mortal Coil, Frost Shock, Backstab, Arcane Shot, SI:7 Agent, Lightning Bolt, Wrath,[verification requested] Sinister Strike,[verification requested] Fire Elemental, Eviscerate, Heroic Strike,[71] Soulfire, Lava Burst, Kill Command, Holy Fire, Fireball, Pyroblast, Silence, Earth Shock, Spellbreaker, Hex, Sap, Execute, Deadly Shot,[c] Assassinate,[d] Siphon Soul, Savagery, Shield Slam
Cards that are able to provide board clear or area of effect:
Twisting Nether, Brawl, Flamestrike, Holy Nova, Consecration, Shadowflame, Hellfire, Baron Geddon, Avenging Wrath, Betrayal, Mass Dispel, Whirlwind, Arcane Explosion, Fan of Knives, Dread Infernal, Lightning Storm, Forked Lightning, Cleave, Multi-Shot, Explosive Shot, Swipe, Starfall,[e] Blizzard, Frost Nova,[f] Deathwing[g]
Cards for healing:
Radiance, Holy Light, Healing Touch, Holy Fire, Siphon Soul, Guardian of Kings, Lay on Hands, Lord Jaraxxus, Sacrificial Pact, Alexstrasza
Cards for buffing:
Savage Roar, Bloodlust, Windfury, Soul of the Forest, Mark of the Wild, Power of the Wild, Argent Protector, Defender of Argus, Inner Rage, Inner Fire,[h] Cold Blood, Blessing of Kings, Blessed Champion, Houndmaster, Murloc Warleader, Coldlight Seer, Southsea Captain
Cards for proactive plays:
Flame Imp, Power Word: Shield, Voidwalker, Faerie Dragon, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Loot Hoarder, Brightwing, Shield Block, Water Elemental, Twilight Drake, Earth Elemental, Druid of the Claw, Savannah Highmane, Ancient of War, Tirion Fordring, Ysera,[i] King Krush, Lord Jaraxxus, Mountain Giant, Sea Giant, Eaglehorn Bow,[j] Truesilver Champion, Assassin's Blade, Arcanite Reaper, Doomhammer, Gorehowl, Gladiator's Longbow,[k] Dread Corsair, Alexstrasza, High Inquisitor Whitemane, Edwin VanCleef, Arcane Intellect,[82] Nourish,[l] Sprint[83][84]
Cards for reactive plays:
Mind Control Tech, Hungry Crab, Blood Knight, Stampeding Kodo, Bloodsail Corsair,[85] Acidic Swamp Ooze, Harrison Jones,[42] Flare, SI:7 Infiltrator, Cabal Shadow Priest, Big Game Hunter, The Black Knight, Faceless Manipulator,[53][m] Shadow Word: Pain, Shadow Word: Death, Shadow Madness, King Mukla, Mind Control, Sacrificial Pact, Crazed Alchemist, Humility, Aldor Peacekeeper[verification requested]
Guaranteed offers
If Zephrys is played at 2 mana (on turn 2):
Animal Companion,[86] Wild Growth,[86] Brightwing,[86] Backstab (if your opponent has a 2-health undamaged minion), Sacrificial Pact (if your opponent has a demon)
If Zephrys is played with 2 mana remaining, the opponent has no minions or weapons, the player has at most 1 or 2 minions on the board, the player's hero has sufficient health, the player has 6 or more cards in hand before playing Zephrys,[87] and the player has no lethal opportunity:
Sorcerer's Apprentice[88]
Cards that may or may not be offered
Wisp,[89] Leeroy Jenkins,[90] Frostbolt, Frostwolf Warlord, Battle Rage, Circle of Healing, Mark of Nature, Keeper of the Grove, Ancient of Lore
Cards that are not offered or don't seem to be offered
Tundra Rhino,[74][75] Holy Wrath,[91] Equality,[92] Unleash the Hounds,[77] Timber Wolf,[76][75] Blessing of Might,[78] Cairne Bloodhoof, Archmage Antonidas, Ironbark Protector, Onyxia, Deadly Poison, Polymorph
Fixed bugs
The following list of interactions have been fixed.

With the live release of the expansion, Zephrys now more correctly values Reborn effects and "egg" Deathrattles.[26] Previously in pre-release, Zephrys did not value special effects, such as Reborn and Deathrattle, when offering board clear cards.[18]
Example: If the opponent had a 0/2 Mechano-Egg and a normal Micro Mummy on the board, Zephrys was able to offer Holy Nova.[18]
Before Patch 15.0.4.33402, Zephrys sometimes was not able to offer Acidic Swamp Ooze even if the opponent had a buffed weapon and there was 2 mana remaining to spend.[93] After the patch, Acidic Swamp Ooze is now able to be offered against 1-Durability weapons, and weapon removal cards can now be offered against 0-Attack weapons or if it would prevent the opponent from having lethal next turn.[4]
Before Patch 15.0.4.33402, Zephrys was not able to offer a Silence or Earth Shock if the opponent had a large buffed-up minion such as a Replicating Menace with Taunt on the board, with 1 mana remaining to spend.[94] After the patch, Zephrys now more properly recognizes multiple Deathrattles on a minion, most commonly from Magnetic minions.[4]
Before Patch 15.0.4.33402, Zephrys was able to find lethal with an unused Basic Hero Power, but sometimes not with a used Basic Hero Power.[95] After the patch, this bug was fixed.
Example: Steady Shot is used, bringing the opponent down to 7 health with no minions on their board. Zephrys is played, leaving 6 mana available. Zephrys was not able to offer Avenging Wrath for lethal.[96]
Example: Shapeshift is used, killing off a 1/1 Taunt. Zephrys is played, leaving 6 mana remaining. He does not offer any lethal options, such as Bloodlust, which would give lethal with the minions on board. He does offer a Savage Roar, which would give lethal if both the 1/1 Taunt was off the board and the player had not attacked with Shapeshift yet.[97]
Before Patch 15.0.4.33402, Zephrys would not find lethal if you had a frozen minion on board capable of giving lethal if it was unfrozen.[21] This was fixed after the patch.[4]
Before Patch 15.0.4.33402, Zephrys did not find lethal through fatigue damage. It is unclear whether this issue was caused by Zephrys not recognizing fatigue damage before the patch, or if bugs were preventing him from properly recognizing lethal using fatigue damage.
Example: Opponent Warrior hero is at 17 health, taking 10 fatigue damage next turn. Zephrys was not able to offer Gorehowl for lethal.[21][verification requested]
Before Patch 15.0.4.33402, Zephrys was able to offer Coldlight Seer with no friendly Murlocs on the field.[98]
Before Patch 16.0.0.37060, Zephrys overvalued the effect of Deathrattles, causing him to avoid destroying enemy minions with Deathrattles a little too much.[99] This was a large issue but was fixed after the patch.
Before Patch 16.0.0.37060, Zephrys did not offer King Krush for lethal. This was fixed after the patch.
Example: Opponent hero has 8 health and a 1-health minion on the board. The player has a 0-mana Zephrys, 9 mana remaining, and no damage on the board. King Krush was not offered for lethal.[100]
Example: Opponent hero has 13 health and a 10-health minion on board. The player has a 5-attack minion on board and a 1-mana Zephrys in hand. Zephrys is played with 9 mana remaining. King Krush was not offered for lethal.[101]
Before Patch 16.0.0.37060, Zephrys did not offer Doomhammer for lethal. This was fixed after the patch.
Example: Opponent hero is at 30 health with no Taunts. The player plays 4 Pounce and 3 Claw, giving the player's hero 14 attack. Zephrys is played with 5 mana remaining. Doomhammer was not offered for lethal.[102]
Before Patch 16.0.0.37060, Zephrys would weirdly offer Starfall to kill a lone minion in play. This was fixed after the patch.
Example: Zephrys would offer Starfall at 8-10 mana remaining to kill a lone Zephrys that the opponent had in play.[103][75]
Before Patch 16.0.0.37060, Zephrys would not prioritize a huge amount of damage that was not lethal for the current turn, especially if there were no enemy minions on the board. Soul of the Forest used to be offered a lot more than either Bloodlust or Savage Roar when the player had a lot of minions on the board and there were no enemy minions. Chadd Nervig commented on Twitter on August 6, 2019 that the weighing of a burst damage card such as Bloodlust vs the resilience of a card like Soul of the Forest was "certainly a worthy debate" when the player's board had a lot of minions.[104] After the patch, Bloodlust and Savage Roar are now able to be offered for a large amount of damage that's not lethal when the opponent has no minions on board.
Example: The player has 5 minions on board, presenting 5 damage, and the opponent has none. The opponent's hero is at 25 health. Zephrys is played with 4 mana remaining. Savage Roar is not offered for an additional +12 damage, but instead Soul of the Forest is offered.[105]
Quotes
Summon
Your wish is my suggestion.
Attack
Alakazoom![106] / Alakazam!
Lore
With the League of E.V.I.L. and its crew of calamitous lackeys, the League of Explorers equipped with archaeological artifacts, and the mystical mummies and monsters of Uldum, the desert sands have never hosted such a party of powerhouse prestidigitators and mischief-makers. Among those most powerful stands Zephrys the Great. While at a glance most would see nothing but a mild-mannered medium, Zephrys the Great is capable of divining and manifesting precisely what is needed in any given scenario.
Once this dune-dwelling diviner is played, the state of the game will be carefully analyzed and Zephrys will attempt to conjure exactly what you need to swing the game back in your favor or clench a decisive victory![107]
Unique to Hearthstone, Zephrys is a djinn.

From Wowpedia:

A djinn is a type of powerful air elemental that can be found in Skywall. They made their first appearance during World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
It was the djinn that gave the tol'vir back their immortality as creatures of stone, in exchange for their allegiance to Deathwing. The only tribe of tol'vir to accept the offer were the Neferset. When the Orsis tribe refused to serve Deathwing, Al'Akir's djinn buried the city beneath a mighty sandstorm.
Most djinn in World of Warcraft are powerful lieutenants of Al'Akir, though a minor one has also appeared trapped in the Magical Brazier inside the Vortex Pinnacle. A legend among the tol'vir tells of a wicked djinn whom the Ramkahen sought to destroy. In an attempt to prevent his own death, the djinn tried to transfer his spirit into the body of a monkey. He was slain right in the middle of the transference, and only a fraction of his essence had moved over - only enough to possess the monkey's paw.
Trivia
When Team 5 decided to bring back the "If your deck has no duplicates" mechanic for Saviors of Uldum, they decided that the set needed to have a really cool and exciting card that synergized with the mechanic, on par with Kazakus from Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. The design team came up with the idea of a card that would allow players to look through their collection and choose any card to add to their hand, but the gameplay engineering and UI teams immediately protested against this design. The team subsequently tried to brainstorm a version of the card that would be feasible to create, with one of the suggestions being to have the card only show players a couple of cards from their collection. The idea was then born to have the AI select some reasonable choices for players to pick from. The team tried implementing this idea "like five different times", with each iteration a complete reimagining of the previous, until they landed on the version seen in the final set.[108] The team manually went through the Basic and Classic sets to pick interesting cards and place them into categories for Zephrys to choose from.[109]
The decision to have Zephrys only offer cards from Basic and Classic rather than all sets was made partially for technical reasons, since figuring out how to rate each card involves a lot of manual work for the developers. However, according to Peter Whalen, the bigger reasons stem from design: a big part of playing with Zephrys consists of understanding what he's going to offer and how to maximize the payoff from him, which gets harder the larger the card pool is and the weirder the cards in it are. Basic and Classic provide a versatile mix of removal, AoE, minions, and situational cards while also being fairly simple and well-known to most players, whereas expansions tend to consist of a lot more niche and situational cards. Basic and Classic have the added perk of having fewer extreme cards that could make Zephrys frustrating to play against. Furthermore, only selecting cards from Basic and Classic rather than all sets also means that players don't have to relearn the card every time a new expansion comes out.[110][111]
The developers briefly discussed allowing Zephrys to Discover Hall of Fame cards when he's played in Wild. However, they found that the payoff wasn't quite worth it and that it's easier for them to maintain Zephrys and for players to predict what cards he's going to offer if his effect is the same across both Standard and Wild formats.[112]
According to Chadd Nervig, one of the main designers of the card, Zephrys the Great required the most amount of development work and the largest team effort in helping to design, quality-assure, and polish the card for official release.[3][113]
According to Alec Dawson, a game designer on the Hearthstone team, Zephrys was the card that the team worked on the most in the history of the game.[114]
Zephrys has over 1000 lines of code running behind the scenes; typically, a card has around 2-20 lines of code, maybe even 50.[3] The code only takes milliseconds to run to evaluate the player's board state to offer the player cards.[3]
In the Tavern Brawl Three Wishes, players could play around with 0-mana-cost cards of Zephrys' effect: First Wish, Second Wish, and Third Wish.
Zephrys' effect is also found on the treasure card Zephrys's Lamp in the Tombs of Terror adventure. A special and very rare treasure card called Sack of Lamps is able to give many such Zephrys's Lamps to the player in a single turn.
Gallery

Zephrys the Great, full art
Zephrys the Great golden animated.gif
Patch changes
Descent of Dragons logo.png Patch 16.0.0.37060 (2019-12-05):
Fixed a bug where minions with both Stealth and Taunt (such as Wardruid Loti) weren't properly accounted for.
Fixed a bug where weapons would sometimes be offered as a removal option against Stealthed minions.
Druid Choose One cards now account for having the 'Choose Both' effect.
Fixed a bug where Starfall could be offered as removal against a single minion.
Fixed a bug where Earth Shock was incorrectly offered as removal against targets that were reduced to 1 health by Shrink Ray or Equality.
Adjusted how Zephrys values enemy Deathrattles.
Fixed a bug with lethal calculations including Rush minions not eligible to attack heroes.
Fixed several bugs involving certain cards not being offered:
King Krush
Faceless Manipulator
Shadow Madness[n]
Doomhammer
Saviors of Uldum logo.png Patch 15.0.4.33402 (2019-08-26):
Fixed several bugs involving weapon removal:
Acidic Swamp Ooze was sometimes not offered against 1-Durability weapons.
Harrison Jones was sometimes offered against 1-Durability weapons when he could not be played that turn.
Weapon removal cards were not offered against 0-Attack weapons.
Weapon removal cards were not offered when it would prevent your opponent from having lethal on their next turn.
Fixed several bugs involving certain cards not being offered:
Blessed Champion
Inner Rage
Bloodsail Corsair
Holy Fire
Heroic Strike
Avenging Wrath
Spellbreaker
Fixed several bugs involving Hero Powers:
Hero Powers were sometimes assumed to be usable, even if they had already been used that turn.
The current cost for Hero Powers is now considered, instead of assuming a cost of 2.
Damage and healing modifiers on hero powers are now accounted for.
Upgraded Hero Powers (such as through Sir Finley of the Sands, or Justicar Trueheart) are now considered.
If your Hero Power has been replaced, Zephrys will no longer assume your base Hero Power is still usable.
Fixed a bug where Betrayal was not appropriately counting as a single-target removal option when it would only damage one target.
Fixed a bug where Alexstrasza was being offered based upon the opponent’s combined Health and Armor, instead of only their Health.
Fixed a bug where silence cards were not offered to unfreeze your own minions for lethal.
Among potential lethal options, silence cards will now be favored, in order to help minimize potential interference from Deathrattles or other unique card effects.
Fixed a bug where Zephrys did not properly consider multiple Deathrattles on the same minion (most commonly from Magnetic minions).
Improved Zephrys's evaluation of the value of healing this turn vs next turn.
Hotfix (2019-08-08):[13]
Fixed a bug where Zephrys sometimes didn’t handle enemy Divine Shields properly.
Fixed a bug where Zephrys sometimes didn’t handle Poisonous properly.
Fixed a bug where Zephrys didn’t consider that buffing a 0-Attack minion would let it attack that turn.
Taught Zephrys how Doomsayers work. As a rule, we don’t plan to teach Zephrys about individual card mechanics and interactions. However, we’ve made a one-time exception in this case since having less-than-perfect offerings from Zephrys when trying to find an answer to a Doomsayer could cause you to lose your board or end up with no good plays for the turn.
Saviors of Uldum logo.png Patch 15.0.0.32708 (2019-08-01): Added.
Addressed a few pre-release issues in the official release of the expansion on August 6:[26][115]
Zephrys now more correctly values Reborn.
Zephrys now more correctly values "Egg" Deathrattles.
Zephrys no longer sometimes incorrectly offers Harrison Jones against Druids.
Footnotes
Alexstrasza is able to be offered for lethal if Zephrys has a cost of 0 or 1 mana and there is lethal damage presented on board after Alexstrasza's effect.
Note that the card categories listed in the section "Cards offered" are similar to but not the same as the ones Zephrys uses in his source code.
Deadly Shot is able to be offered to kill reasonably-statted lone stealthed minions.
Assassinate is able to be offered when the opponent has multiple minions and one of the most threatening is a 4-attack high health targetable minion, and there is 5 mana remaining after playing Zephrys.
Starfall is able to be offered as a flexible "single-target" and "area of effect" card. Chadd Nervig in his Angry Chicken podcast interview mentioned that most categorized cards that Zephrys offers fall under only one category; however, some fall into multiple categories, such as is the case with Starfall. The card is also likely to be offered when the player has a 'Choose Both' effect active, such as with Ossirian Tear, and board conditions are appropriately met.
Frost Nova is able to be offered if the opponent has lethal, or sometimes close to lethal, on board and the player has less than 6 mana remaining after playing Zephrys (to avoid Zephrys potentially offering Blizzard).
Deathwing is able to be offered when the player has no/few cards in hand, or deck, and the enemy has minions (maybe more than one) on board.
Inner Fire is able to be offered for 0-attack high-health minions.
Ysera is able to be offered when the player has no/few cards in hand, or deck.
Eaglehorn Bow is more likely to be offered if the player has Secrets up.
Gladiator's Longbow is able to be offered if there is a 5-health or less enemy minion that Zephrys wants to kill.
Nourish was offered in the Three Wishes Tavern Brawl when First Wish was used on turn 6, when the player has 6 maximum mana and the opponent has 8 maximum mana. There can be 7 cards in the player's hand (including Zephrys).
Faceless Manipulator is able to be offered if the opponent has a big-statted minion, possibly on the order of an 8/8 or greater, even if there is no way of killing it on board, and even if the opponent has lethal once Faceless Manipulator's Battlecry is played on any minion.
Chadd Nervig mentioned on Twitter on August 10, 2019 that they were investigating why Shadow Madness wasn't being offered.
References
Hearthstone (2019-07-31). Saviors Of Uldum Final Card Reveal Livestream (30:50 - 34:00). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-01.
Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-07-31).
The Angry Chicken (podcast) (2019-08-23). The History of Zephrys: Hearthstone Interview with Celestalon. YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-26.
Blizzard Entertainment (2019-08-26). Hearthstone Update – August 26 – Card Balance Updates. Retrieved on 2019-08-26.
Peter Whalen on reddit. (2019-07-31). Retrieved on 2019-08-01.
Hearthstone (2019-07-31). Saviors Of Uldum Final Card Reveal Livestream (51:20 - 52:20). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-01.
Hearthstone - Zephrys Shows us the Perfect Card. (2019-08-07). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-09.
Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2019-08-01).
Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-08-24).
Trolden (2019-09-07). Funny And Lucky Moments - Hearthstone - Ep. 463 (06:06 - 06:50). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-09-07.
Zephrys gives Spellbreaker and Blessed Champion. (2019-09-06). Imgur. Retrieved on 2019-09-06.
Dylan Bates (2019-08-08). ZEPHRYS HOTFIX - AUGUST 8, 2019. Retrieved on 2019-08-09.
Trolden (2019-12-15). Funny And Lucky Moments - Hearthstone - Ep. 481 (02:40 - 03:27). YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-01-11. Notice how Moonfire is provided for lethal with Spell Damage +5.
Hearthstone Esports (2019-09-28). glory vs Alutemu - Hearthstone Grandmasters Asia-Pacific S2 2019 - Week 6 (21:44 - 22:00). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-09-29. Notice that Consecration and Holy Nova are offered when there is Spell Damage +1 and 4 enemy minions have 3 Health.
Hearthstone Esports (2019-09-28). glory vs Alutemu - Hearthstone Grandmasters Asia-Pacific S2 2019 - Week 6 (19:12 - 19:33). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-09-29. Notice how Flamestrike is offered when there is Spell Damage +1 and there are 3 enemy minions with 5 Health on the board.
Trolden (2019-08-05). Funny And Lucky Moments - Hearthstone - Ep. 455 (08:33 - 09:12). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-05.
Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-08-10).
HysteriA (2019-08-08). Zephrys Experiments - Will Zephrys Always Find Lethal? - Saviors of Uldum Interactions. YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-09.
Looks like Zephrys the Great knows about Auchenai Soulpriest. (2019-08-19). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-25.
Blizzard Entertainment (2019-12-05). Hearthstone Update – December 5 – Descent of Dragons. Retrieved on 2019-12-06.
Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-10-03).
HysteriA (2019-08-12). Hearthstone Mythbusters 87 - Saviors of Uldum. YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-13.
Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-08-18).
Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-08-07).
Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-08-06).
Hearthstone (2019-07-31). Saviors Of Uldum Final Card Reveal Livestream (01:43:15 - 01:44:05). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-01.
Zephyrs didn't give Holy Fire...Unless the AI is smarter than me. (2019-09-04). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-09-04.
Hearthstone (2019-07-31). Saviors Of Uldum Final Card Reveal Livestream (01:00:50). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-01.
Mike Donais on reddit. (2019-07-31). Retrieved on 2019-08-01.
That's it Zephrys, we're switching you to Orville Redenbacher popcorn because you can't Pop Secret. (2019-08-07). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-10.
Never concede early folks(p.s blizz fix Zephyrs ffs). (2020-01-09). Reddit. Retrieved on 2020-01-12.
Extremely annoying moment when Zephrys showed me three spells knowing my opponent had a counterspell up with 1 health, I had 2 mana left. (2019-08-10). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-10.
Hearthstone (2019-11). Hearthstone Collegiate Championship Fall 2019 - Championship Bracket Day 2 (Stanford vs Cal) (0-2) (04:53:00 - 04:54:10). Twitch. Retrieved on 2020-01-12.
Zephrys Brings a Flare to Hunter Fight. (2019-09-08). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-09-08.
ZEPHYRS HAS FAILED To Find Lethal?! - Hearthstone Daily Moments Ep.1225 (00:51 - 02:19). (2019-08-06). Retrieved on 2019-08-28.
Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2019-08-01).
Zephrys offers Harrison Jones for Rogue even if there's no weapon equipped. (2019-10-29). Imgur. Retrieved on 2019-10-29.
Hearthstone (2019-12-22). Hearthstone Global Games 2019 - Championship Sunday (kino531 vs glory) (2-1) (Hong Kong vs Japan) (Game for third place in HGG finals) (02:51:30). Twitch. Retrieved on 2020-01-12.
Hearthstone (2019-12-20). Hearthstone Global Games 2019 - Top 8 - Week 4 Day 1 (glory vs Fungggg) (0-1) (Japan vs Hong Kong) (01:50:00). Twitch. Retrieved on 2020-01-12.
Hearthstone (2019-12-22). Hearthstone Global Games 2019 - Championship Sunday (Fungggg vs posesi) (0-0) (Hong Kong vs Japan) (Game for third place in HGG finals) (02:18:00). Twitch. Retrieved on 2020-01-12.
Why not give me mass dispel? I lost because of this.. (2019-08-12). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-12.
"My hand is too full!". (2019-08-09). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-09.
Zephrys the Great: Deconstructing the Djinni. (2019-08-02). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-16.
Also verified by User:Aegonostic
Hearthstone Esports (2019-10-13). Fr0zen vs Monsanto - Group 1 Elimination - Hearthstone Grandmasters Americas S2 2019 Playoffs (50:50 - 51:53). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-10-22.
Hearthstone Esports (2019-10-13). Fr0zen vs Monsanto - Group 1 Elimination - Hearthstone Grandmasters Americas S2 2019 Playoffs (54:08 - 55:07). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-10-22.
Hearthstone (2019-12-20). Hearthstone Global Games 2019 - Top 8 - Week 4 Day 1 (Narina vs glory) (1-2) (Taiwan vs Japan) (05:35:50 - 05:36:20). Twitch. Retrieved on 2020-01-13.
Hearthstone Esports (2019-10-07). Jarla vs Pavel - Hearthstone Grandmasters Europe S2 2019 - Week 7 (20:40 - 21:46). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-10-08.
Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-08-01).
Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-08-30).
Zephrys offered Loot Hoarder in fatigue?. (2019-08-27). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-29.
Also verified by User:Aegonostic. Happened consistently, three or more times.
HysteriA (2019-08-08). Zephrys Experiments - Will Zephrys Always Find Lethal? - Saviors of Uldum Interactions (04:06 - 04:15). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-10-29. Note that Fireball is offered next to High Inquisitor Whitemane.
Also verified by User:Aegonostic
Trolden (2019-12-18). Funny And Lucky Moments - Hearthstone - Ep. 482 (09:27 - 09:56). YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-01-11.
Hearthstone Esports (2019-09-28). Bunnyhoppor vs Seiko - Hearthstone Grandmasters Europe S2 2019 - Week 6 (01:13:45 - 01:15:30). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-09-29.
HysteriA (2019-09-21). Zephrys One Turn Kill Combos - Hearthstone (02:47 - 03:16). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-10-29.
Zephrys' Wish Did Not Find Alexstrasza Lethal (Tombs of Terror). (2019-09-21). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-09-29.
Zephrys offers Heroic Strike for hero with Windfury. (2019-10-29). Imgur. Retrieved on 2019-10-29.
Zephrys doesnt recognise bloodbloom being active (he didnt give pyroblast). Not complaining, just figured id post the interaction in case it ends up helping someone.. (2019-08-31). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-09-01.
Zephrys won't give you lethal if you have Kalecgos on the board and haven't played a spell that turn. (2019-08-15). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-16.
HysteriA (2019-09-21). Zephrys One Turn Kill Combos - Hearthstone (03:48 - 04:27). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-09-29.
StormFever on Twitter. (2019-09-09).
Zephrys doesn't offer Timber Wolf for lethal. (2019-12-07). Imgur. Retrieved on 2019-12-07.
Zephrys does not find lethal with Unleash the Hounds. (2019-09-09). Imgur. Retrieved on 2019-09-09.
Where is Blessing of Might?. (2019-10-29). Imgur. Retrieved on 2019-10-29.
Zephrys doesn't give Windfury for lethal if you have already attacked with your minion. (2019-09-01). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-09-01.
HysteriA (2019-09-07). Zephrys Experiments 2! - Will Zephrys Always Find Lethal? - Hearthstone Saviors of Uldum. YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-10-29.
Zephrys offers Arcane Intellect. (2019-10-29). Imgur. Retrieved on 2019-10-29.
Zephrys offers Sprint (part 1). (2019-10-29). Imgur. Retrieved on 2019-10-29.
Zephrys offers Sprint (part 2). (2019-10-29). Imgur. Retrieved on 2019-10-29.
Zephrys offers Bloodsail Corsair confirmed. (2019-10-29). Imgur. Retrieved on 2019-10-29.
Hearthstone (2019-07-31). Saviors Of Uldum Final Card Reveal Livestream (57:55 - 58:55). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-09-04.
Stonetusk Boar Paladin. (2019-08-14). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-29.
Trolden (2019-08-18). Funny And Lucky Moments - Hearthstone - Ep. 459 (00:05 - 01:15). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-18.
Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-08-23).
Lost the game because of Zephrys. (2019-12-16). Reddit. Retrieved on 2020-01-11.
Trolden (2019-08-11). Funny And Lucky Moments - Hearthstone - Ep. 457 (07:23 - 8:07). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-12.
Thijs gets the perfect card. (2019-08-11). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-11.
Shouldn't Zephrys always offer you lethal when possible? Almost lost a brawl game because he didn't offer me fireball.. (2019-08-08). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-16.
Zephrys won't give you Avenging Wrath as lethal option even with your opponent at 7 HP, no minions on board and exactly 6 mana left.. (2019-08-13). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-13.
Zephrys missed lethal or I was not playing it optimally. (2019-08-16). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-08-16.
Brian Kibler on Twitter. (2019-08-22).
Why Zephrys the Great don't give Twisting Nether? I lose in opp turn because he use Penance on my Zephyros and Ragnaros the Firelord win (i have exactly 8 health). (2019-11-28). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-12-06.
Zephrys can't find lethal with King Krush. (2019-09-01). Imgur. Retrieved on 2019-09-01.
KING KRUSH KEKW. (2019-10-16). Twitch. Retrieved on 2019-01-11.
HysteriA (2019-09-21). Zephrys One Turn Kill Combos - Hearthstone (03:20 - 03:47). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-09-29.
Simon Welch on Twitter. (2019-09-19).
Hearthstone Esports (2019-08-24). Match of the Week: hunterace vs Thijs - Hearthstone Grandmasters Europe - Week 1 (07:06 - 07:48). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-26.
Blizzard Entertainment (2019-08-01). Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal Recap, Final Week. Retrieved on 2019-08-06.
Hearthstone (2019-07-31). Saviors Of Uldum Final Card Reveal Livestream (50:15 - 51:25). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-01.
Hearthstone (2019-07-31). Saviors Of Uldum Final Card Reveal Livestream (58:30). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-08-01.
Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2019-08-17).
Tim Rizzo (2019-08-18). Dawson: "Zephrys was definitely the card we worked on the most in the history of the game.". InvenGlobal. Retrieved on 2019-09-29.
Mike Donais on reddit. (2019-08-05). Retrieved on 2019-12-12.
External links
The History of Zephrys: Hearthstone Interview with Celestalon - The Angry Chicken podcast (YouTube)
Interview with Alec Dawson on Zephrys - InvenGlobal
Korean wiki page on Zephrys the Great - Namuwiki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 19:33 
Hello Hello Hello

So I've got well and truly fed up of these greedy fucking Highlander decks now, and Resurrect/Quest Priest (which isn't a Highlander deck), so I decided to take them down a notch or two with MURLOC SHAMAN, a fast, aggressive deck that cares not for late game wankery because one's opponent will not get the chance to indulge in said late game wankery.

I queued up against FIVE Highlander Rogues on the trot last night, and decided enough was enough.

Managed a six win streak from Rank 5 ** to Rank 4 *** before taking a loss (and remember there are no actual 'star' win streaks from Rank 5 onward.)

Greedy bastards don't know what's hit them.

For the record, I like that loads of different decks are viable in the game, indeed it's vital for the health of the meta in general, but IMO there are too many decks running around that expect to be able to get to their later turns and start pulling off their showboaty trickery, because there are so many other decks out there doing the same thing.

MURLOC SHAMAN (an incredibly cheap deck to put together), curtails this ceaseless circle-jerk.

Attachment:
shammers.JPG

Attachment:
conceders.JPG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:08 
8-Bit Champion

I've been struggling recently with the annoying 'hit yourself' hunter deck that's around - I think i need to switch to either a fast deck to him them before it really gets going or something with much more healing

Basically its a deck that throws weak minions on the board like leper gnomes and every time you take them down they do damage to you - so every round at the start your getting 2 points from their ability plus a few more points for all the things that die and wound you as well - throw in a few hunter face spells and possibly an attack the dogs and its all over by round 5 or so

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:08 
Hello Hello Hello

zaphod79 wrote:
I've been struggling recently with the annoying 'hit yourself' hunter deck that's around - I think i need to switch to either a fast deck to him them before it really gets going or something with much more healing

That would be 'Face Hunter', so called for its propensity to just hit the opponent in the face.

I think it's sprung up in response to all the Highlander and Priest decks that are running around, I played it myself a bit a few days ago, just to enjoy smashing up Highlander Rogues.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 22:42 
Hello Hello Hello

I'll use this thread to keep track, £450 spent on the game so far, which I know sounds daft but you have to calibrate that against six years of play and around 5000 hours playtime.

EDIT - Now £510. (As per the Wongawatch thread.)

EDIT - Hang on that's wrong, it's £470.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 23:10 
Gogmagog

Hearthly wrote:
I'll use this thread to keep track, £450 spent on the game so far, which I know sounds daft but you have to calibrate that against six years of play and around 5000 hours playtime.

I have spent about that on netrunner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 18:09 
Hello Hello Hello

I made a video about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 18:08 
8-Bit Champion

Latest patch notes :

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/ ... january-21

And the first wing of the solo adventure is now live

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 18:39 
Hello Hello Hello

Hearthly wrote:

UPDATE - £487.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 0:32 
8-Bit Champion

Big changes starting tomorrow - accidental leaked post is gone but the details are covered in other pages

https://outof.cards/hearthstone/943-ash ... nter-cards

New class (Demon Hunter) and a big chunk of changes for Priest cards seem to be the highlights

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:22 
Hello Hello Hello

OOOHHHHHHH NEW CLASS ME EXCITED.

There were a fun class to play in WoW.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:23 
Hello Hello Hello

It's fucking taken them long enough and where are the fucking Death Knights.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:32 
ugvm'er at heart...

Give them a break, there are only 9 slots on the character select page, it takes years to work out how to solve that problem.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:14 
Awesome
Yes

Trooper wrote:
Give them a break, there are only 9 slots on the character select page, it takes years to work out how to solve that problem.

You spin up more servers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 17:03 
Sleepyhead

Been playing this a bit lately. Not interested in climbing the ladder, but having fun with the various single player adventures that I’m buying with coins from the quests.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 17:07 
Hello Hello Hello

The latest adventure expansion is really good, normally I just grind through them for the card unlocks, but this one was great, genuinely entertaining.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:55 
Hello Hello Hello

So then where are we at?

NEW EXPANSION INCOMING - I've pre-purchased 55 packs and have nearly 10,000 gold so I'll hit the ground running with 155 packs or thereabouts, plus there are always freebie packs too.

NEW RANKED SYSTEM IS LIVE - Much better than the old system, and gives you goodies as you rank up, which I like. I'm currently Platinum Rank 7.

DUPLICATE PROTECTION SYSTEM IS LIVE - You don't get ANY duplicates out of packs at ANY rarity until you've collected all cards at that rarity, which is cool.

HALL OF FAME ROTATION AND OTHER CARD CHANGES HAVE BEEN DONE - Goodbye Leeroy, I guess he's been closing out games the same way for over six years so he needed to go.

Generally I think the game is in a really good spot and that's before the new expansion has even launched.

Fair play to Blizzard I think they're well and truly on top of their shit with Hearthstone.

EDIT - Returning players also get a choice of a free top-tier deck to play, which is a nice touch. I think you've got to have not logged in for 60 days or something.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:29 
ugvm'er at heart...

I've been steadily working through all the adventures I missed, by using free gold to unlock. All up to date now... apart from I still need to finish The Witchwood with the time tinker, as it's just random cuntery of the highest order. I got through all the other rogue-like adventures in a maximum of three attempts. Currently on 140 bosses killed on the cunt level, and not managed it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 18:45 
ugvm'er at heart...

This actually could be solved by spinning up more servers...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 19:09 
Hello Hello Hello

Ooohhh it's got worse then, I had a five minute wait.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 20:36 
Sleepyhead

I just played some. Demon Hunter vs Demon Hunter is just a race to get the Dragon in your hand and then kill as many of your own minions as possible to get 2 free 10-cost minions, or so it appears at the moment.

I mostly just want the single player adventure to unlock.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 22:47 
ugvm'er at heart...

Finally finished all the previous adventures. Time-tinker only took 198 bosses killed in the end...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 23:41 
Sleepyhead

Trooper wrote:
Finally finished all the previous adventures. Time-tinker only took 198 bosses killed in the end...

The Saviors of Uldum or whatever; I haven’t finished it on Heroic. It’s got a habit of giving me hope and then dropping three 50/50 C’Thuns on me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:32 
Hello Hello Hello

Hearthly wrote:
Hearthly wrote:

UPDATE - £487.

UPDATE - £513.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 17:14 
Sleepyhead

I have been enjoying Battlegrounds recently. Have now racked up 10 wins and am above 5000, though have come down a bit playing with these new pirate cards.

Fun!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 17:21 
ugvm'er at heart...

I should probably give that a go. I've tried a couple of times, but I just don't get it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 19:51 
Sleepyhead

It clicks eventually. It’s fun but very frustrating at times.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 20:19 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
It clicks eventually. It’s fun but very frustrating at times.

When it refuses to give you the thing your needing or your enemy gets the lucky break for attacks and the exact amount to kill you :-)

I'm also struggling with the new pirates but it took a while for Dragons to click for me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 20:29 
8-Bit Champion

Stats

Attachment:
Screenshot 2020-06-10 at 20.27.48.png

Attachment:
Screenshot 2020-06-10 at 20.28.05.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 20:31 
Sleepyhead

That’s a lot more wins than me!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:55 
Sleepyhead

Where are those stats from, btw?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:03 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
Where are those stats from, btw?

The stats tab in Battleground - for the first 'season' you just had to buy a few packs of the dragon cards to unlock it but i think for the current one you need to have bought a pass or a pack - let me check on my phone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:20 
8-Bit Champion

'Full stats' button on the right

Attachment:
ha.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:32 
Sleepyhead

I have no such button. A shame.

In other news, I think they are gonna have to nerf the golden monkey or whatever it is called. The one that increases in strength for each gold you have. Just faced someone with one over 200/200 and another at 70/70ish. I even brought in two poisonous minions, but it’s very hard to get lucky on those.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:40 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
I have no such button. A shame.

In other news, I think they are gonna have to nerf the golden monkey or whatever it is called. The one that increases in strength for each gold you have. Just faced someone with one over 200/200 and another at 70/70ish. I even brought in two poisonous minions, but it’s very hard to get lucky on those.

I've had one up to a little over 100/100 and yeah when you have things with that much health its either things with crazy amounts of attack or poison

Its hard to setup right but i still think Murlok (even with the divine shield one being removed) are the strongest overall tribe just because its easy to bolt poison onto them - you just keep picking up the buffs and eventually get a megasaur to give them all poison or divine shield

They nerfed a lot of the beast stuff early and its hard to get the right split when you need things to stay alive to buff your rats or spiders
Mech has been nerfed twice now and their new divine shield mech is no where near as good as the old ones
Demons can still go big but the key always is to get the soul juggler and then just have lots of smaller demons die
Dragons relays a little too much on the bigger ones and you often hit the mid / early end game with not enough health for them to stay alive

And pirates have some crazy powerful cards which give your other pirates either +4 attack for every attack or +2/2 for attacks - I had a good pirate team with them yesterday and got 2nd losing out to poison murloks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:50 
Hello Hello Hello

Worst game mode ever!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 19:03 
Sleepyhead

I rarely win with Murlocs; I rarely get to see the Megasaur and it has never once offered me poison or divine shield, so it can go do one.

Did win with a nice mix of dragons, beasts and pirates though, which made me happy as halfway through it was a shitty mess!

I seem to get the worst luck against pirates. I never target the boost minions, and then as soon as there is enough space they will Deathrattle the pirate ship to fill the board back up again. Bastards. I do like the wind fury chap at 6* who attacks the weakest first. I have used him to sneakily off the Soul Jugglers, and played cleverly against one to bring in that poison spider that autocorrect hates. So he hit that and missed my jugglers. Muwahahahahaha!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 20:16 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
I rarely win with Murlocs; I rarely get to see the Megasaur and it has never once offered me poison or divine shield, so it can go do one.!

The thing with Murloc's is that you should be regularly getting boost ones - so either the l1 +1/1 the L3 +1/1 to all or the L3 +0/+2 and if you have the Murloc that gains attack for every other you play then your just dropping new ones in and then ditching them

When you get to L5 you have a Murloc that lets you choose another and the one that gives another poison so even if you dont get the good options with the Megasaur you can still have plenty of poison attackers

I do really well with the Murloc hero who gives you another murloc in the Inn if you sell one - basically by about round 5 or so your never refreshing just buying and selling mulocs for the bonuses

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 0:37 
Sleepyhead

I have got more love for the Murlocs now, especially with the Jabberwocky that can double your boosting battle cries.

That said, I had a great set that got completely undone by an extremely simple but effective combo.

Golden parrot, golden bomb deathrattle mech, golden Baron double deathrattle.

Parrot attacks first, which causes the mech to throw 12 bombs of 4 damage each. Their hero was the Frost King chap who can make a minion reborn. They also had a reborn divine shield dragon with taunt to stop you killing the other bastards.

So first then 48 spread damage. Second turn a basic parrot for another 24 damage. Then the actual deathrattle for another 24, then reborn and another deathrattle and now everyone you have is dead.

Wouldn’t work so well against decks with massive minions, but absolutely trashed my Murlocs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:40 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
That said, I had a great set that got completely undone by an extremely simple but effective combo.

Yip - I've faced that as well and lost = the first time i had enough health to survive but it killed me the 2nd time i faced it - the hero for me was the Demon hunter so he was guaranteed that his parrot would attack before anything else

I also faced one with Demon hunter / parrot and his deathrattle minion was a golden 'give everything +4/4' along with a golden Barron so that got all his already highly buffed minions even bigger before i even got a move in.

I'd expect some type of nerf in for that because i cant really see much that could oppose it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 0:24 
Sleepyhead

Yeah, I saw one where the “Dig for a golden” hero had given them a 6* golden on like turn 5. Got obliterated!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 0:24 
Sleepyhead

New single player seems dull. Free though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 0:28 
ugvm'er at heart...

Curiosity wrote:
New single player seems dull. Free though.

Yeah, it's really not helped by pretty much using the same deck the whole way through, and the final fight is crap.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:45 
Hello Hello Hello

Is no one actually playing THE PROPER GAME?

My current goal is to get to Diamond Rank 5 but I keep faltering around 8/7.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 
8-Bit Champion

Hearthly wrote:
Is no one actually playing THE PROPER GAME?.

I'm not at the moment because i could not get a good deck and keep facing cheesy opposition who fill their board and buff it really easily

I do a few matches to get the chest and then its battlegrounds / the single player stuff / tavern brawl / etc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:49 
Hello Hello Hello

I do think you need to have a pretty ridiculous quantity of resources available in terms of cards these days, which basically means loads of packs and loads of dust, which means spending a fair wedge of cash.

Also the meta shifts quickly from week to week and indeed as you move around the ranks, so it's not necessarily enough to put together one strong deck and seeing how far you can get with it.

That said Old Guardian (one of my favourite players to watch) did a Legend climb with a budget Aggro Demon Hunter deck earlier this month.

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next