Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Bloody Big Problem
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:25 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

Ok, quick outline because I am very tired and now very stressed.

Remember that Jury Duty I did, ages ago. Well bugger me it's reared it's head again.

Work paid me today, but only for 2 weeks instead of 4. They claim it was my responsiblity to claim any allowable expenses. I *did* put a claims form in HR's office but they only returned it to me AFTER my first day at court when the form says it had to be in "On the first day of court". I did hand in the form to the court on about the third of fourth day and they said they would "see what they could do".

The court, well they haven't even paid me the amount for the canteen, which I should get in any event. I've written them a letter outlining the problem with photocopies of all the relevant forms (see, I knew they'd come in handy). Anyone know if they are likely to say "bugger off, too late now"? The Service was mid March, but I'd have thought I was still entitled to it. The easisest thing would be them to admit they lost the paperwork (I'm sending duplicates) and quickly pay me directly to me account.

Essentially, I can play it one of two ways. I can say work didn't give me the form back quick enough and therefore it's their tough shit and they owe me money, or I can ask the court to give it to me. Whatever happens, I NEED that money!

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions welcome.

I feel a bit overwhelmed and anxious due to the whole money loss thing, and I need it sorted within the next week or so or things are going to head a bit pear-shaped.

*hugs Dimrill's moob for comfort and sucks his nipple*

Post subject: Re: A Bloody Big Problem
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:45 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Just so I understand, your work was late processing a form to allow you to claim back the money?

If that is the case I would be camped in the HR office until they sort it. Whether that be by paying the money, or sorting it with the court. Do you work for a large company?

(You could try and claim the money off both people) :ninja:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:01 

I'd be pursuing both ends for now but it's your idiot company for not returning the form imo.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 
Sitting balls-back folder

Yep, if the court won't do anything, you've got good grounds to insist the company pays you there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:35 
Legendary Boogeyman

Sorry to hear of this chap, you quite rightly worried they might try to screw you over last month, so I sympathise with the shock that they've still screwed you over a month later :(

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]