Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dare Protoplay
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 
Excellent Member

Mrs B and I are currently looking forward to the Dare Protoplay even in Dundee next weekend. It's the finale of sorts to the Dare to be Digital competition; an annual event with teams of international students coming to Dundee University to each develop a game with the support of Dundee Uni staff and people from the game industry. After the actual competition itself is over there's the public Protoplay event in Dundee where you can go and play the actual games that teams have produced (or, at least, got a prototype running for). At the same time, and in the same venue, this year there's an Indie Fest offshoot which lets commercial indie developers show off their wares to the public. There's also a paid conference aspect to Indie Fest with panels and whatnot but that's for the devs themselves obviously. I've never been to it before as I kept missing it each year so I'm glad I've got organised enough this year to stick it in my calendar. Anyone else considering going or ever been before?

Post subject: Re: Dare Protoplay
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 
Excellent Member

Also, there was a Channel 4 show called Crunchtime last year following the teams through what I assume to be the 2010 competition which is where I heard about the whole thing and it turns out the series is still available on 4OD if anyone's interested.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:59 
Excellent Member

The 2013 show of this is on next weekend in Dundee if anyone's in Scotland and interested. I'm probably going up on Saturday morning sans Mrs B who'll be in Austria up a mountain with her mum.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:30 
UltraMod

Too easy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:40 
Awesome
Yes

SilentElk wrote:
Too easy.

Double whammy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:49 
SavyGamer

My mate Will worked on that tv show, he was the games researcher guy, so he was filming with them, and he was the guy that knew about games, whereas everyone else were TV people. He was fuming when before the episode that had all sorts of stuff about Realtime Worlds actually aired, the studio shut down.

Also the Bafta question times are usually worth going to, and that panel is pretty good. I go to all of the ones in London (I am on the bafta youth board so it's good to go to their events).

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]