Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1056 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: PCVR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 18:29 
Can't re-member

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
It’s definitely still in beta. I’ve had some glitches, usually caused by it getting stuck in some weird state, usually requiring either killing stuff in task manager or restating the Pc, the Quest, or both. But yeah - by and large it’s great and I don’t regret getting the Quest rather than the Rift S at all.

Tbh I have issues like that with my CV1. For example, I paused HLA and went out to the menu so I could take a screenshot of my very mature whiteboard content and when I went back in it was the generic white grid that you get when a game is loading. It was mirroring onto my monitor but I couldn’t get it working again without a reboot!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 18:30 

DavPaz wrote:
Gaz and Doc, 64 or 128?

64 for me.

I decided there wasn’t enough in the larger one to justify the extra £100. You lose maybe 7.5 Gb to system stuff. But most games I’ve looked at seem to be hundreds of megs or a few GB at most. The 64 Gb one goes a long way.

The 128 is so rarely in stock it basically doesn’t exist right now, mind.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:05 
Unpossible!

I know I'm talking to an audience of exactly one here (and that one, is me) but I managed to fix a persistent battery drain issue with the WMR controllers by dissembling and cleaning the battery contacts. Recodring for posterity.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/comm ... d_results/

Post subject: Re: Oculus Rift
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:24 
Unpossible!

DavPaz wrote:
I've been pondering VR over that few days since having a go on the Dave's Vive (and after a conversation with DocG about the Google Daydream) and I reckon I can see where it's going. Here's my prediction of were we'll be in ooohh, 3 years.

- Self contained, wireless headset. All processing done on the unit itself. We all know that graphics chips are chewing along at an amazing rate, so how long before there's a mobile GPU that can do 90fps at 4k? Not long I reckon. The headset will need to more like a pair of specs. Think of those big old Asian-Grandma sunglasses that fit over other specs. Or Imax 3D glasses. Probably with built in headphones
- Courtesy screen tethering. Think Chromecast. Sync the technohat up to an HDMI dongle so others can watch.
- Full body tracking. Think Kinect. There was a moment when Curio was dodging his legs out of the way of lasers. Imagine if you *had* to. This might require more active cameras, but if they're similar to the the little satellites that the vive uses... it could work.
- Local mutiplayer. Self contained units and full body tracking means local multiplayer. Even if it's in another room.
- Some sort of glove controller. Even if it's only one hand. It would open up a world of puzzles.

There's my prediction. Remind me in 3 years to see if I was right, would you?

edit: I forgot haptics. Even a subtle feedback is awesome. The lightsabers humming in your hand was awesome

Hey look at this prediction stuff. I predicted the Quest!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 14:12 
Unpossible!

Managed to get the kids to try something other than Job Simulator yesterday. We played Waltz of the Wizard.

Well, I say we played it, but it was mainly me as it was "a bit creepy". We had fun roaming around the maze in one of the subgames, but as soon as the 'scary knight' appeared around the corner all three of us shared a collective pants-shitting moment.

Back to Job Simulator!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 15:25 
Unpossible!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1035 ... Forces_VR/

Galaxy Forces VR now free on Steam

Reply to topic  [ 1056 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22