Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 1240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 13:56 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2281
very nice, if it happens. Never played Diablo, interested to see what the fuss is about.

Would likely play Nioh for 22 minutes and toss down my controller in frustration at my own ineptitude.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 13:59 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 9951
I played a demo of Diablo 3 way back when it first came out and it did absolutely nothing for me. I'd maybe give the full game a go though to see if I could figure out why it's so beloved. Having enjoyed (most of) Bloodborne I'm more interested in something like Nioh that I would've been previously, but just from seeing people play chunks of it it looks boring as shit so I dunno if I'd bother with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 14:22 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16227
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
I found nioh a bit samey.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 14:35 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11894
Summary of Nioh: It’s excellent and very challenging on the later levels. The combat system is simple but deep. There could be more varieties of enemies in the late game but the enemies you come up against provide a decent challenge. The level designs are really good and some of the mid-game levels are really memorable (the big war is a real highlight). Some of the boss fights are really good/some will make you want to smash your controller; none are easy. There’s hours and hours of great content but it’s not for pussies or those with spacky hands.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 15:08 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2281
Satsuma wrote:
it’s not for pussies or those with spacky hands.


Ah'm sorreh, but ah'm oot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 15:36 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51740
Location: Nottingham
Much like Destiny, Diablo comes alive with friends, but is rather boring solo.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 16:13 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2281
Lonewolves wrote:
Much like Destiny, Diablo comes alive with friends, but is rather boring solo.


Ah'm sorreh, but ah'm oot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 16:40 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16227
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Satsuma wrote:
Summary of Nioh: It’s excellent and very challenging on the later levels. The combat system is simple but deep. There could be more varieties of enemies in the late game but the enemies you come up against provide a decent challenge. The level designs are really good and some of the mid-game levels are really memorable (the big war is a real highlight). Some of the boss fights are really good/some will make you want to smash your controller; none are easy. There’s hours and hours of great content but it’s not for pussies or those with spacky hands.

I got bored of fighting the same enemies, but with increased stats. Particularly the tongue guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 16:52 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11894
There are 19 missions, how far did you get?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 16:56 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16227
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Satsuma wrote:
There are 19 missions, how far did you get?

About halfway, I'd guess. Itssomething I plan to return to, but didn't want to continue until after a rest.

To be fair, I did the same with dark souls, dark souls 3 and bloodborne, although I thought of them more fondly.

(and I stopped, never to return for dark souls2:SOTFS and Lords of the fallen)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 17:04 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11894
You did think of Lords of the Fallen more fondly than anyone I know, but then again I thought it was garbage yet you love it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 17:05 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16227
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
It was dogsht.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:54 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 9951
More alleged leaks, this time from the official site, promising Diablo 3 and Gravity Rush Remastered rather than Nioh.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 17:31 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51740
Location: Nottingham
Wrong wrong wrong.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/26/17906 ... mes-lineup

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 18:24 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4610
Well, that's disappointing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 20:28 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11894
PS+ Games for October:

Friday the 13th: The Game - very good this.
Laser League - u wot m8!
Master Reboot (PlayStation 3) - wut?
The Bridge (PlayStation 3 — Cross Buy with PS4, PS Vita) - Sup? U in? U out?
Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (PS Vita — Cross Buy with PS4) - the first Rocketbirds was decent enough. I think I read the sequel was shit.
2064 Read Only Memories (PS Vita — Cross Buy with PS4) - *scraping barrel noise*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 23:12 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16227
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Satsuma wrote:
Friday the 13th: The Game - very good this.

Table...

That's all I will say.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:36 
User avatar
Participant in dramatic games

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3588
Location: United Provinces
I was sort of interested in laser league before...
maybe we can do some multiplayer on this?

_________________
XBL: Romanista WiiU: Romanista77 Gamecenter: Romanista345 3DS 0318 8943 6467
Steam: Romanista345 PSN: Romanista345 Switch: 5098 6135 1325

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:39 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 9951
Well that's one of the worst months in living memory. I might try Rocketbirds but I couldn't give a shit about the rest of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:49 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31329
F13th is great, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:56 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 9951
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
F13th is great, though.


Only if you have any interest in online games though, which I don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:30 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44318
Location: The erogenous zone
Well, that's saved me resubing.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 13:53 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 65314
Location: Your Mum
Bamba wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
F13th is great, though.


Only if you have any interest in online games though, which I don't.

Come play with us!

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 17:23 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4610
Isn't it one of those asymmetrical doobries? I hate those.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 18:42 
User avatar
ugvm'er at heart...

Joined: 4th Mar, 2010
Posts: 20040
Pundabaya wrote:
Isn't it one of those asymmetrical doobries? I hate those.


Don't worry dude, it's natural. Everyone's doobries are asymmetrical.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 20:25 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51740
Location: Nottingham
Pundabaya wrote:
Isn't it one of those asymmetrical doobries? I hate those.

Yes and it's awesome. Other Ian was the worst Jason I've ever seen and was flummoxed by a table.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 17:36 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4610
That's why I hate them, if you're on the "one" side you're horribly exposed while you try to learn the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 22:27 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16227
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Pundabaya wrote:
That's why I hate them, if you're on the "one" side you're horribly exposed while you try to learn the game.

I'm sure Ian found it hilarious. I certainly did. I nearly died once due to being unable to control my character due to laughing.

"if you're going back to that table"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:45 
User avatar
Participant in dramatic games

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3588
Location: United Provinces
Yes, earlier than anyone ever before https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... uza-kiwami

_________________
XBL: Romanista WiiU: Romanista77 Gamecenter: Romanista345 3DS 0318 8943 6467
Steam: Romanista345 PSN: Romanista345 Switch: 5098 6135 1325

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:03 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11894
Mr Dave wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
That's why I hate them, if you're on the "one" side you're horribly exposed while you try to learn the game.

I'm sure Ian found it hilarious. I certainly did. I nearly died once due to being unable to control my character due to laughing.

"if you're going back to that table"


I was the best Jason, fules.

Jason power activate!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:03 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11894
F13 only proves that proximity chat should be the norm in all multiplayer games.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:07 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51740
Location: Nottingham
Satsuma wrote:
F13 only proves that proximity chat should be the norm in all multiplayer games.

Also Halo 3 Rocket Race

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:23 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44318
Location: The erogenous zone
Lonewolves wrote:
Halo 3 Rocket Race
:luv:

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:35 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14732
Location: Parts unknown
We should investigate the possibility of playing this at the cottage one year. Imagine a load of Xbox consoles all set up via system link. That would be glorious!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 13:19 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2281
November games:

Yakuza Kiwami
Bulletstorm: GangStarr edition.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 13:20 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51740
Location: Nottingham
TheVision wrote:
We should investigate the possibility of playing this at the cottage one year. Imagine a load of Xbox consoles all set up via system link. That would be glorious!

You overestimate the number of people who still have 360s, I expect.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 13:32 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 9951
Findus Fop wrote:
November games:

Yakuza Kiwami
Bulletstorm: GangStarr edition.


Source?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 13:33 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2281
Bamba wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
November games:

Yakuza Kiwami
Bulletstorm: GangStarr edition.


Source?


Salad Cream


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 13:35 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14732
Location: Parts unknown
Lonewolves wrote:
TheVision wrote:
We should investigate the possibility of playing this at the cottage one year. Imagine a load of Xbox consoles all set up via system link. That would be glorious!

You overestimate the number of people who still have 360s, I expect.


I have two.. and an Xbox One. That's a start!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 13:38 
User avatar
chewbacca -future arc welder

Joined: 25th Oct, 2011
Posts: 1918
Location: Kashyyyk
TheVision wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
TheVision wrote:
We should investigate the possibility of playing this at the cottage one year. Imagine a load of Xbox consoles all set up via system link. That would be glorious!

You overestimate the number of people who still have 360s, I expect.


I have two.. and an Xbox One. That's a start!

I've got a 360 languishing in a drawer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 15:44 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 65314
Location: Your Mum
I've got... Four? I think.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 16:18 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51740
Location: Nottingham
Grim... wrote:
I've got... Four? I think.

Then we're sorted!

Except can you even play Rocket Race using a LAN linkup? I remember it being an online custom playlist.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:58 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 9951
My PS+ sub runs out shortly, is there anywhere doing decent deals on 12 month subs? Or is it all much of a muchness?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 13:07 
8-Bit Champion
User avatar
Two heads are better than one

Joined: 16th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13305
Bamba wrote:
My PS+ sub runs out shortly, is there anywhere doing decent deals on 12 month subs? Or is it all much of a muchness?


Much of a muchness I think - you can shave a little off a UK one by getting PSN credit from places like CDKeys and then buying it via the PSN store - there are also deals like this one occasionally posted if your subscription has actually lapsed (this is probably expired now but its not marked as such)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playst ... rs-3062981


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 14:50 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 9951
zaphod79 wrote:
Bamba wrote:
My PS+ sub runs out shortly, is there anywhere doing decent deals on 12 month subs? Or is it all much of a muchness?


Much of a muchness I think - you can shave a little off a UK one by getting PSN credit from places like CDKeys and then buying it via the PSN store - there are also deals like this one occasionally posted if your subscription has actually lapsed (this is probably expired now but its not marked as such)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playst ... rs-3062981


I missed the last part of your post there and tried to buy it, only to find out I can't because I've got a current sub. Dicks!

I wonder if there's any risk to actually letting it lapse then signing up using that deal the next day? Obviously I wouldn't be able to actually play any of the free games that are currently sitting on my machine during the down period of course (which I don't care about as I'm currently playing Tomb Raider on the PC) but as soon as I re-sub that would presumably reactive everything in the background and I'd be good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 15:26 
8-Bit Champion
User avatar
Two heads are better than one

Joined: 16th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13305
Bamba wrote:
I wonder if there's any risk to actually letting it lapse then signing up using that deal the next day?


The only risk is the offer is no longer there so you need to pay more for it - letting it lapse and then re-buying does not have any impact on what you actually get (unless you let it lapse for a longer period of time where they would potentially remove cloud saves and you'd miss out on some months 'PS+games')


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 21:31 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11894
Satsuma wrote:
PS+ Games for October:

Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (PS Vita — Cross Buy with PS4) - the first Rocketbirds was decent enough. I think I read the sequel was shit.


The sound of the gun comes through the telly AND the controller. AND you can’t turn it off. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:30 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 9951
Satsuma wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
PS+ Games for October:

Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (PS Vita — Cross Buy with PS4) - the first Rocketbirds was decent enough. I think I read the sequel was shit.


The sound of the gun comes through the telly AND the controller. AND you can’t turn it off. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea.


I played it for about half an hour then deleted it, it just wasn't interesting enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 19:53 
Best
User avatar
Board Mother

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 9798
Location: Mount Olympus
I finally update my PS+ and the service is down! :roll:

_________________
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
GJ is right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The PS Plus thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 20:16 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Joined: 17th Dec, 2008
Posts: 8147
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I finally update my PS+ and the service is down! :roll:

That’s a feature.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 1240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Greys and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.