Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 2593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Xbox one thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 15:23 
Esoteric

To do that I would need to buy it first.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 15:26 
Hello Hello Hello

As I found out with SPLIT SECOND, you have to put the disc in and then the console basically copies the entire disc to the XB1's hard drive before you can play the game.

It then runs the game from the hard drive, but you have to have the disc in the drive to play, it just uses the disc as the 'key' basically.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 15:27 
Unpossible!

When you insert the disc, it will "install" the game to the hard disc. Which means it fucks off for hours downloading how ever many gigs of data it needs to run the 4k enhanced version.

You'll need the disc in the play it as it acts like a proof of purchase, but it'll never access the disc after boot.

Edit: The Manx Marauder beat me too it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 15:27 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Fallout 3 is on this list so it'll just be a matter of inserting the disk.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/bac ... able-games

If there's extras textures to download, the Xbox will take care of that.

While the game will download to your harddrive rather than be played off the disc, you'll still need the disc in every time you play it. (unless you want to buy it from the store which you can do here https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/C29HQ887KH4B )

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 16:11 
Esoteric

Wicked thanks chaps :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 16:50 
ugvm'er at heart...

I've heard that when you put the disc in, it copies it to the hard drive, but you need to have the disc in still to play the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 16:51 
UltraMod

Trooper wrote:
I've heard that when you put the disc in, it copies it to the hard drive, but you need to have the disc in still to play the game.

Where did you hear that, two posts previously?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 16:52 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

In my defense, I used the quick reply box and couldn't be bothered to edit it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 16:53 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mr Chonks wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Where did you hear that, two posts previously?

No, I didn't read that post, I read the one prior to that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 14:44 
Bad Girl

Played some:

Portal: Bridge Constructor - and it’s pretty fun but clumsy on a controller. I’ve a feeling that playing it on PC would be about 5 times faster with a mouse and keys. After you’ve finished mucking around with the settings for a couple of hours. Anyway, I might come back to this cause I quite like it.

Steamworld Dig 2 - now this is more like it. It’s just super fun. Dig, collect, progress, die and repeat. My only complaint is that the jump is a bit floaty and imprecise but otherwise it’s more of the first game which was aces, so thus, thence and therefore this is also aces.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 18:30 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

You can get Portal: Bridge Constructor for your phone.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 18:52 
Bad Girl

I know, but it’s not “free”.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 21:33 
Esoteric

I just bought the Xbox 360 Fallout 3 GOTY. I shall update on whether Todd was full 'o shit when he bragged about the 4k version. Either way it'll be nice to visit the capital wasteland again. I wonder if I remember it all well like I used to?

At least my blood won't run cold again when I visit Andale. Caught me right out that did when I first found it.

Owwwwwwwwww.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 22:59 
Bad Girl

Oh fucking great, Steamworld Dig 2 has a game breaking bug that makes it crash in Vector about 9/10ths into the game. You reach this area where you just run from androids and BLAMMO it crashes. I’ve done it 6 times and each time it’s fucked itself.

On a fucking Xbox. Jesus Christ, why has no one bloody fixed it. It’s not like it’s just come out.

I was about to award it the First Annual Sat Suma’s Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence but now it go fuck itself. In the arse. With a baton wrapped in barbed wire and soaked in petrol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:30 
Prince of Fops

Satsuma wrote:
Oh fucking great, Steamworld Dig 2 has a game breaking bug that makes it crash in Vector about 9/10ths into the game. You reach this area where you just run from androids and BLAMMO it crashes. I’ve done it 6 times and each time it’s fucked itself.

On a fucking Xbox. Jesus Christ, why has no one bloody fixed it. It’s not like it’s just come out.

I was about to award it the First Annual Sat Suma’s Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence but now it go fuck itself. In the arse. With a baton wrapped in barbed wire and soaked in petrol.

If it's any consolation, I finished it on the Vita with no game breaking bugs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:28 
UltraMod

Game Pass is really messing up your finished games to started games ratio.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 19:10 
Bad Girl

Some nice guy online says if you stop running before the game crash and walk (running in this one section causes the crash apparently) and provided you’re lucky enough when getting constantly hit that you have enough energy to survive, the crash won’t happen.

And y’know what, he was right. Took a few attempts, mind, but I made it. Back on my bullshit, yay!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 15:03 
Esoteric

FO3 installed without incident. It allows you to use the dlc disc for booting. Graphics don't look much different but it's on a TV so yeah.

Had a bug (nooooooooo! In a granny voice) where I somehow managed to fall through the floor in the overseer's office and start back in the room where I lived (so I had to go through the entire vault again) but other than that no issues (he said, tentatively)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 21:54 
Bad Girl

MOAR games wot dis playa plays:

Moonlighter:

During the day you play as a ... shopkeeper? You run a shop and basically just raise and lower prices on junk to find out how much cash, money & hoes you can fleece gullible suckers to part with.

By night, you turn into a dungeon crawling hero for the ages as you progress through randomly generated dungeons running drivebys on monsters foe they whips and chains while smacking bitches about the grill with the back of your sword for the trash in their pockets.

Then you get home and sell the stuff you’ve jacked and pass it off as your own.

The shopkeeping is simple but enjoyable so far and the dungeon crawling is similar to Zelda but looks sorta like Enter the Gungeon. Anyway, I kinda like this and might play it next.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 22:24 
UltraMod

It was the other game in the Free Humble Free Monthly Free Bundle subscription you pay for this month.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:52 
Esoteric

Spent all day yesterday playing FO3. My longest gaming session since FO4.

First time I've ever ran the batteries in my controller flat. I can't remember where anything is. I never thought I'd forget but I guess playing FO4 made my memory switch to that. I actually had to look at the "you are here" sorta map in the metro as I got completely lost.

Which brings back an awful lot of joy. The enhanced graphics are ok. Not fantastic but they do at least make it look a little better than the original. As soon as I'm back from the psych today I'll get stuck in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 23:19 
Comfortably Dumb

Had another dabble with DiRT Rally again tonight. Still lots of fun despite me having never come close to winning a stage. It did rather glitch out on me for a bit though, with my 60s mini ending up with a rather funky interior for a while.

Attachment:
25-06-2019_23-13-43-rus3p11s.jpg

Also, for those with Gold, you can buy Wonder Boy - The Dragon's Trap for £7.99 at the moment.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 
Bad Girl

Satsuma wrote:
MOAR games wot dis playa plays:

Moonlighter:

During the day you play as a ... shopkeeper? You run a shop and basically just raise and lower prices on junk to find out how much cash, money & hoes you can fleece gullible suckers to part with.

By night, you turn into a dungeon crawling hero for the ages as you progress through randomly generated dungeons running drivebys on monsters foe they whips and chains while smacking bitches about the grill with the back of your sword for the trash in their pockets.

Then you get home and sell the stuff you’ve jacked and pass it off as your own.

The shopkeeping is simple but enjoyable so far and the dungeon crawling is similar to Zelda but looks sorta like Enter the Gungeon. Anyway, I kinda like this and might play it next.

It's really got under my skin dis haz.

I initially played it like you would a Enter the Gungeon/Nuclear Throne style dungeon shooter but after getting my ass handed to me immeasurably I started to actually listen to what it was trying to tell me and do some shop keeping.

Essentially, every time you walk into one of the 5 dungeons you're under powered and you'll have to buy the best gear before you can effectively complete it. The game tells you this on the 2nd dungeon by placing a nightmare of a 2nd mini-boss in your path who utter demolishes you. Reading online he's apparently the hardest boss character in the entire game and the learning curve just fucking skyrockets. So what you're supposed to do is grind each dungeon so you can (1) collect the loot items that you need to craft the best gear and (2) sell off the junk you don't want for money so you can buy the best gear when you've got the requisite items.

The game facilities this cycle of doing the same dungeon again and again by being rogue-like and also dedicating an entire face button to getting you out of the dungeon whenever you want.

So if you're enjoying the dungeon crawling and don't mind repeating the cycle of doing a bit of a dungeon and then doing some shop keeping administrative work for a fair few times then you'll probably have plenty fun 'ere. Then when you've got what you want you get back into the dungeon and go fuck up some monsters. Or you could make it harder for yourself and have a go whenever you think you can do it. It's up to you. But if you die then you'll lose everything in your bag and have to start the dungeon again. Or you can portal out before you die. Or you can even build a temporary portal for cash money and come back once you're a bit more tooled up. Essentially you've got options and brute forcing yourself through the game like its a shooter is probably not going to work.

I'm on dungeon 4 now and I love it. So yeah, this is a good game which I like and I would go so far as calling it "fun".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 23:41 
Bad Girl

Games wot play I do:

Rare Replay:

All old games are shit. Attic Attack? Spaffy wack, more like. Lunar Jetman? Where’s the fucking narrative. Knight Lore? Knight bore, more like. Perfect Dark: Zero? Fuck your boring tutorial. Nah, it’s alright for a collection of old socks filled with your dried up adolescent spunk.

Outer Wilds:

So apparently this is supposed to be amazing. The fucking frame rate ain’t.

...but then I played it for a bit longer. I got into a spaceship and zoomed off to another planet and found a damaged spaceship. I couldn’t figure out how to dock so just got out and zoomed about in my spacesuit before I found an opening. I had a mooch about and used some alien tech to open a few doors and then activate some machine that sparked some kind of mystery. I was happily knocking about ... and the galaxy exploded. I died. Then I’m back at the start but fully conscious of what happened but everyone else thinks I’m mad. So I hop in a space ship to a nearby planet and was eaten by a giant fish like something outta Star Wars. Weird game this. Like what I imagine No Man’s Sky is like but actually fun to play without the mining and crafting garbage and with an actual interesting story. I swear Game Pass is crazy good value for gaming: I’d never have played this but it’s super intriguing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 23:48 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I just read a headline that said "Why having Gamepass is like owning an Amiga in the 90s"

I didn't read the rest of the article but I'm pretty sure you could get the gist of it from that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 23:55 
UltraMod

TheVision wrote:
I just read a headline that said "Why having Gamepass is like owning an Amiga in the 90s"

I didn't read the rest of the article but I'm pretty sure you could get the gist of it from that.

Except you don't have to tape £1 coins to a piece of cardboard and send them off to Scotland.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:08 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

TheVision wrote:

I get that. It's also like having one of those micro SD card readers for your DS.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:53 
Can you dig it?

Grim... wrote:
TheVision wrote:

I get that. It's also like having one of those micro SD card readers for your DS.

Oh yes, the number of games tried on a whim and then discarded very shortly after was very high for me. It also meant that some potentially good games weren't given enough of a chance if there was a temporary lull or a slight dull patch (like the second Phoenix Wright game), whereas if I'd paid for it I would quite likely have stuck with it for longer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:12 
Bad Girl

Quote:
Rare Replay:

All old games are sweet.

Apart from some NES game is never heard of called Cobra Triangle which is great fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:26 
Bad Girl

Battletoads Arcade is a bit shit though. And Killer Instinct.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:39 
Bad Girl

Aaaand Perfect Dark controls pretty good for an N64 game. But it’s a confusing mess. And doors don’t look like doors, for some reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:41 
Gogmagog

Satsuma wrote:
Aaaand Perfect Dark controls pretty good for an N64 game. But it’s a confusing mess. And doors don’t look like doors, for some reason.

Is it because they're ajar?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 19:06 
Bad Girl

July GwG:

https://youtu.be/PyBHYBT76fQ

Two amazing games: INSIDE (top ten games ever made) and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

And two shitty games I can’t be bothered to list.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 16:24 
Bad Girl

Remember that old arcade game TOKI? Platformer with an ape in it? Ring any bells? It was on the Amiga with weird black borders if my memory serves me correct.

HE’S BACK!

Yes, TOKI Juju Densetsu is a remake of the original game with new sprites and no polygonal bollocks in sight. Plus he’s got a brand new subtitle title that just rolls off the tongue too and is designed so you never realise it’s TOKI but remade.

Anyway it looks shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 16:27 
UltraMod

I thought you hated sprites.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 16:30 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Satsuma wrote:
Remember that old arcade game TOKI?.

The switch version comes with a wooden arcade cabinet

https://www.destructoid.com/-80s-arcade ... 1960.phtml

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 16:41 
Bad Girl

Mr Chonks wrote:

Nah, it’s fairies I hate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 16:41 
UltraMod

Satsuma wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:

Nah, it’s fairies I hate.

Says Ian Fairies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 16:46 
Bad Girl

You’re right, it’s woodland nymphs I hate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 16:56 
UltraMod

Says Ian Nympho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 17:02 
Bad Girl

You’re right, it’s pixies I hate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 17:29 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

zaphod79 wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
Remember that old arcade game TOKI?.

The switch version comes with a wooden arcade cabinet

https://www.destructoid.com/-80s-arcade ... 1960.phtml

I bought that for two reasons. It was cheap, and it came with an arcade cabinet. I was never a fan of Toki.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 21:11 
Bad Girl

Satsuma wrote:
Remember that old arcade game TOKI? Platformer with an ape in it? Ring any bells? It was on the Amiga with weird black borders if my memory serves me correct.

I think I’m right about the black borders judging from this video. The map screen is full screen and then it gets super narrow.

But that could be a YouTube thing, who knows.

https://youtu.be/c481XMeiyac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 21:26 
Bad Girl

I’m sure I played the arcade back in the day and I definitely played the Amiga version too. This comparison video about all the versions is reet interesting: https://youtu.be/6OoRctLyPqs

The Amiga version is super close to the arcade, the C64 looks like an Ocean port and the Megadrive looks like dogshit. But the Atari Lynx gets a damn good version, by the look of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 23:05 
Paws for thought

Satsuma wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

I think I’m right about the black borders judging from this video. The map screen is full screen and then it gets super narrow.

But that could be a YouTube thing, who knows.

https://youtu.be/c481XMeiyac

That is certainly how it looked.

I can't say I ever noticed the borders back in the day though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 14:20 
Bad Girl

Games wot I played:

1) Blazing Chrome:

It’s Gryzor/Contra/Probotector/Super Contra/Super C/Blah/Blah! And it’s really good an’ all. Only played a small chunk of it but I can’t wait to play 2-up with someone. If you’ve got GamePass and want some filthy retro action then give this a go.

2) Hello Neighbour!

You’re a nosey kid and you hear a woman screaming and spot your neighbour doing something nefarious so you decide to investigate. Has he just murdered his wife!? Who. Gives. A. Fuck. It’s a boring, buggy mess of a game. What looks reasonably interesting becomes a humongous chore as items fall through the floor, key objects fail to spawn, the titular neighbour gets stuck on objects as his pathfinding gives up the ghost and the game just quickly falls apart. It looks and plays like an early access game. What a bag o shite.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 23:06 
Bad Girl

Blazing Chrome has no online coop. Ridiculous in this day and age. Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttt.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:11 
Bad Girl

Games that I spend 4 hours downloading and ply for an hour and delete:

Dead Rising 4:

Seriously, what happened to this series? Ironically, it’s set during the most fun time of the year (Christmas) but all the joy appears to have been strangled out of it. It’s just boring and missions range from “kill 50 zombies” “clear this area (of 50 zombies)” and “go here” “Did you make it? Now kill 50 zombies”. The stock characters have no personality, the combat is bland, it feels janky and unpolished... oh it’s just unfathomably boring.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:33 
UltraMod

Shame. The first game is one of my favourites of all time. DR2 was also decent.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 18:16 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

A big hitter in Gears of War 4 this month.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reply to topic  [ 2593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next