Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The last person to leave Beex, please turn out the light...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 17:33 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

This only seems to happen when I'm posting. Interesting.*

*Not interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 17:48 
Unpossible!

Looks like I picked the wrong day to be off!

Ell oh ell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 18:44 
Hello Hello Hello

Dimrill wrote:
Seems the leopard can't change his spots. time to kill the leopard.

Gentle thoughts, as considerately expressed as ever.

Cheers Dimmers! :luv:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 19:28 
Honey Boo Boo

Malc wrote:
It's just AE saying that he thinks there is no point in buying a PS4 or XBOX720 as a PC for the same price is better, it's in the PS4 thread

It's not just that.

Almost every thread that still interests me here is infested by AE. I see them pop up to the top with new posts and then read who the most recent post was made by. Sometimes I actually go into the thread and wonder why it's back at the top if the last post was several weeks ago - superfoe completely removing the foe posts and anything that quoted it. Sometimes I go into the thread and am on a completely empty new page because everything has been blocked.

You know when a girl has gotten under your skin and is then (whether consciously or not) giving you the run around? Just by being there, she changes the situation. She might be sitting across the room, she might walk past. She doesn't have to talk to you or look at you, but knowing that she's there still gets to you. You wonder when she's going to pop up next. She's not doing anything per se but it's still HER and she's THERE and that's enough to fuck with your head.

It's a stupid explanation but that's what it feels like for me. It puts me on edge.

We already went over this shit three months ago and with the limpest of conclusions. AE was completely unrepentant and even stated he'd continue as he is as it's not his problem if people don't like it. You have to be a cunt of staggering magnitude to make such a declaration, and remain defiant in the face of so many people unhappy or outright driven away. A 'truce'? Please. In the misguided notion of needing to be 'excellent' to each other you've defanged yourselves and have given the power to the problem who is now dictating the outcome. Are you afraid of setting some kind of precedent by taking actual action? Don't worry, the place has already lost its direction by allowing things to get to this stage in the first place.

It's not all AE, there's other issues too. If you go back into the mists of time and read the epic and exciting threads of bezzie gaming, it truly was a golden age. Now there's rather a lot of dreary stuff being posted which doesn't interest me so that just leaves the aforementioned contaminated games threads... so in other words, nothing.

I don't expect anything to come of this. It's a classic example of "We're all sick of this shit, right guys?" and the assembled crowd behind the hero all look at the ground. Apathy destroying the place is most definitely not being 'excellent', and I wonder whether it's too late for action to be taken now, the disillusionment has grown so much. So, yeah, just carry on as you are, as I'm sure you will.

I have enough stress, depression, BS and drahma in my real life, I won't be squandering my precious R&R being aggravated. I've already told several people, but you can publicly add me to the list of those taking leave indefinitely.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 19:31 
Chinny chin chin

metalangel wrote:
Malc wrote:
It's just AE saying that he thinks there is no point in buying a PS4 or XBOX720 as a PC for the same price is better, it's in the PS4 thread

It's not just that.

Almost every thread that still interests me here is infested by AE.

He just barged his way into a thread where someone asks for help with a Mac, starts by saying he knows nothing about Macs and then proceeds to carry on anyway like a retarded child who WON'T SHUT THE FUCK UP. :belm:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 19:50 
ugvm'er at heart...

metalangel wrote:
I don't expect anything to come of this. It's a classic example of "We're all sick of this shit, right guys?" and the assembled crowd behind the hero all look at the ground. Apathy destroying the place is most definitely not being 'excellent', and I wonder whether it's too late for action to be taken now, the disillusionment has grown so much. So, yeah, just carry on as you are, as I'm sure you will.

You may find this difficult to understand, but I suspect a fair number of us don't see what all the fuss is about.
Join in with what you want to join in with, or don't, or ignore, or leave, or stay, or post what you want, or complain, or whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 19:57 
Hello Hello Hello

chinnyhill10 wrote:
metalangel wrote:
Malc wrote:

It's not just that.

Almost every thread that still interests me here is infested by AE.

He just barged his way into a thread where someone asks for help with a Mac, starts by saying he knows nothing about Macs and then proceeds to carry on anyway like a retarded child who WON'T SHUT THE FUCK UP. :belm:

The problem was not specifically with a Mac, the problem was with a potentially compromised computer and router, as such the advice I gave - (which was exactly the same as the advice you gave, I was writing my response as you were writing yours so I didn't see yours first) - transcends the operating system.

Yes you gave Mac-specific advice on the rebuild which is cool because I couldn't do that, but basically, we said the same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:04 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Trooper wrote:
metalangel wrote:

You may find this difficult to understand, but I suspect a fair number of us don't see what all the fuss is about.
Join in with what you want to join in with, or don't, or ignore, or leave, or stay, or post what you want, or complain, or whatever.

Speculation. A poll would resolve this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:05 
ugvm'er at heart...

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Trooper wrote:
metalangel wrote:

Speculation. A poll would resolve this.

Go for it :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:16 
Sleepyhead

Trooper wrote:
metalangel wrote:

And if we just ban people who are unpopular, then we're even less excellent than before.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:17 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

the simple fact of that the matter is that I don't give a flying monkey's prick what 95% of the active membership here thinks of me so I'm neither going to shut up or fuck off.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:18 
Bad Girl

This thread is making me sad . :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:20 
Chinny chin chin

Curiosity wrote:
And if we just ban people who are unpopular, then we're even less excellent than before.

We've been here before with JC. How quickly people forget.

These people just want to be the centre of attention. Like a wailing badly behaved child they either need to be ignored or dealt with.

Ignoring it hasn't worked, so I'd suggest option 2. Which is exactly how it panned out with JC.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:20 
Chinny chin chin

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
the simple fact of that the matter is that I don't give a flying monkey's prick what 95% of the active membership here thinks of me so I'm neither going to shut up or fuck off.

You see, this is why it needs dealing with. Because he fucking loves the attention.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:22 
INFINITE POWAH

Needs a poll, definitely.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:30 
ugvm'er at heart...

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

We've been here before with JC. How quickly people forget.

These people just want to be the centre of attention. Like a wailing badly behaved child they either need to be ignored or dealt with.

Ignoring it hasn't worked, so I'd suggest option 2. Which is exactly how it panned out with JC.

You do know jc wasn't banned, right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:31 
Unpossible!

I'm not sure I can muster up the enthusiasm.

I'll give it a go.

I'd rather have Meaty than AE, given the choice.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:32 

Great, Perkies is gone.

I certainly wouldn't like to ban AE, because for the most part I actually get on with him.

What he doesn't seem to realise is that his near-constant PC vs Console posts are out of hand, and have been for a very VERY long time. The thing that really winds people up (in my opinion), that AE does not seem to grasp, is that most people understand what he is saying regarding PCs and for the most part AGREE with him. We know you can build cheap PCs. We know of their merits. Most of us play on our PCs ALL OF THE BASTARD TIME.

The problem is, you can only be repeatedly told "the sky is blue, water is wet!" by someone so many times before you genuinely want to throttle them until you watch the life leave their eyes.

Frankly, despite what I've said above - that I don't wish to see him banned because for the most part I like him (and I apologise for publicly talking about him like this and referring to him as "him" and that) - ultimately, he's going to have to be banned. We've lost too many members for the sake of sticking to our single liberal rule. It's more important to me to have 10 extra people posting regularly rather than one. He ought to be warned, and given a holiday if he persists. Then ban. Simple as that.

Sorry, but that's how I feel about the situation. On any other forum - any you choose - he would've been banned ages ago.

I don't know if he does it deliberately, or if he doesn't realise how annoying he is, or what. But it must stop. It went too far ages ago. Now it's fucking comical.

Sorry AE, but you have to stop it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:34 

And you know what the most frustrating thing is? You've spoiled your argument! The argument you're making about the next-gen consoles vs cheap PCs is actually perfectly reasonable. You're completely correct in my view.

But nobody is willing to listen any more, because you spoilt it. You spoilt it months, if not years ago. Now would've been the perfect time to have that discussion.

Boy who cried wolf or sutin!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:37 
Bad Girl

TRUFAX being talked right here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:38 
Beloved member

WTB wrote:
Great, Perkies is gone.

I miss Perkies.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:38 
Gogmagog

I have a new hat. I am failing to see why this is getting more attention than that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:41 

WTB wrote:
The thing that really winds people up (in my opinion), that AE does not seem to grasp, is that most people understand what he is saying regarding PCs

Oh God, THIS. He seems to genuinely believe he is having an argument about something with someone, but it's all in his tiny little head. People just want him to stop repeating the same tedious drivel over and over.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:41 
ugvm'er at heart...

MaliA wrote:
I have a new hat. I am failing to see why this is getting more attention than that.

It because you posted it in BnB, should have started a hats thread.

BnB is what is killing this forum, don't you know.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:42 

It stopped being about whether or not he was right or wrong so long ago I can't even remember! It has been about how annoying he is ever since.

A quote from our Rules and Info thread:

Quote:
BETEO is a DEMOCRACY and not a DICTATORSHIP.

Ergo, no one person is more important than any other.

The amount of tolerance that has been shown to AE, and the number of people who've either cut down on posting or left entirely as a direct result, elevates him to the level of godlike overlord in terms of importance.

(He's breaking the rules.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:57 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

But as long as Malia still posts gems like that, then we'll be alright. :)

Seriously though, well put WTB. Very well put.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 20:58 

No banning of AE.

:kiss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMJUWqbJ3Jg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:00 
Terrible Human Being

I wonder who's next after you've decided that AE is the problem, and AE has always been the problem, and the solution is to make him an unperson? There'll be someone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:00 

I agree, but I can't see any other solution unless he cuts it out. I like him, but the point is, he isn't any more important than any single other member, and he certainly isn't more important than several.

Post subject: The last person to leave Beex, please turn out the light...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:01 
Isn't that lovely?

What rules is he breaking?

I really don't see that he is trolling at all.

In that mac thread he was offering advice, pointing out the limitations of that advice.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:01 

MrPSB wrote:
I wonder who's next after you've decided that AE is the problem, and AE has always been the problem, and the solution is to make him an unperson? There'll be someone.

Probably me!

Seriously though, people are leaving (and have already left) citing him as the reason. I don't think it can be any more straight forward than that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:02 
Chinny chin chin

Trooper wrote:
You do know jc wasn't banned, right?

He was at once stage wasn't he? That entire thing dragged on for ages and its all happening again.

Post subject: The last person to leave Beex, please turn out the light...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:03 
Isn't that lovely?

WTB wrote:
I agree, but I can't see any other solution unless he cuts it out. I like him, but the point is, he isn't any more important than any single other member, and he certainly isn't more important than several.

There is an ignore function!

I don't have any problem with what he is posting, in fact if he is banned I will leave.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:03 

Malc wrote:
What rules is he breaking?

I really don't see that he is trolling at all.

In that mac thread he was offering advice, pointing out the limitations of that advice.

Malc

Of course. He's a perfectly nice chap, with a lot of helpful, interesting things to say. Just like everyone else. But he does that in addition to his PC vs Consoles ranting that has been a direct reason for several people leaving.

This isn't black and white. Nobody is suggesting that every post he makes is a troll post or whatever. You can be both good and bad. EXTREME ANALOGY ALERT. A murdering lunatic might be a great dad, but that isn't going to keep him out of prison. Hitler sure did love that dog, etc.

Malc wrote:
WTB wrote:

There is an ignore function!

I don't have any problem with what he is posting, in fact if he is banned I will leave.

Malc

I'm aware of the ignore function, but I don't use it. Because as I say, he has plenty of stuff to say that I want to read. Besides, I'm playing devil's advocate here. I don't want him to be banned any more than you, but I do want him to stop upsetting people.

I mean, what do you want me to say? People are leaving because of him. Plural. People. If push comes to shove, I'd rather see several members back at the cost of one.

As far as I can see, with you threatening to leave should he be banned, we're losing out either way. So maybe AE could just stop it with the PC vs Console stuff and we can get on with our lives?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:15 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:
Just like everyone else. But he does that in addition to his PC vs Consoles ranting that has been a direct reason for several people leaving.

I'm trying to stay out of this as it's not nice to be talked about as an 'it' (as Chinny has done) or what basically amounts to a non-person, but I must ask you to direct me towards this 'ranting' I am apparently despoiling BEEX with.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ranting

I don't dish back out one single percent of the abuse I am subjected to here, so please show me where I'm ranting. As a point of reference we have Chinny calling me a 'retarded child' and Meaty calling me a 'cunt of staggering magnitude' in just the last couple of hours, and DocG popped back in last night to call me a 'fucking dribbling idiot'.

I genuinely tried to help Kovacs out in the Mac thread and was slapped down by Chinny as 'retarded or trolling'.

I'm just trying to get a baseline for what's considered 'ranting' and indeed what might be considered grounds for banning someone from BEEX.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:21 

Don't focus on the word "ranting" if you're going to go by the dictionary definition. If you genuinely can't comprehend what it is you're doing that winds people up, I'll explain it here one last time:

It's the PC stuff. The "PCs are better" line of argument. The "you can build a cheap PC that will outdo any console" stuff. All of that. The 1000 word articles on the subject. In every single thread you can shoehorn it into. And I mean EVERY thread.

As for the Mac thread, I haven't read it, but you were likely shouted at because of the stuff I mentioned above. People are pissed off with you because of that, so they are calling you names. Not necessarily because of anything you did wrong in that particular thread, so don't use that as your yardstick for what you're doing "wrong". Quite why you've specifically referred to that thread alone is beyond me, when there are numerous examples of people shouting at you for doing the thing we're actually complaining about.

It's to your credit that you don't go off on name-calling frolics of your own. It really is. But you have to understand that your posts about PCs are incredibly frustrating and annoying. And they're absolutely relentless. No matter how many times we tell you to stop. You just never take it in. You continue to do it over and over and over.

People are calling you names because they're frustrated. You're not going anywhere. In all likelihood, you're not going to be banned. You're spoiling their experience of the forum. They're venting their frustration.

Please acknowledge this post and confirm that you understand it. (And that wasn't meant in a condescending way, it's just that this has been explained to you so many times over the past couple of years or so and apparently as of 6 minutes ago you still don't get it.)

If you want a baseline for what constitutes grounds for a banning on BEEX, we don't know, because nobody has ever been banned. But you must understand that you're upsetting lots of people with your PC talk. Many people have left because of you. I'm sorry if that's harsh or if that's news to you, but it's true.

This, of course, is my best explanation of how I perceive the situation. Not exactly my personal opinion, though I do find your PC "rants" very frustrating as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:31 

When you start to consider banning someone not for breaking any rules but just because you dont agree with them then you have a "Lord of The Flies" situation.

You certainly aren't being excellent to each other.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:33 

It's not because we don't agree with him. I explained this above. He's being annoying through constant repetition of the same argument. It's not the content of his posts per se. At least, it's not the content that people disagree with. It's the fact that he's posting the same content over and over again that is pissing people off. And I don't think it's unreasonable to expect someone to be banned from a forum for doing something like that.

AE thinks people are disagreeing with him. They're not necessarily, they're just fucking sick of him banging on about the same thing all of the time. And because he thinks people are disagreeing with him, he continues to fight his endless war in the hope of some day convincing people round to his point of view. A point of view that he already fucking shares with most of the people he's arguing with! :blown: :blown: :blown: :blown: :blown:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:33 
Unpossible!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:37 

I think it is unreasonable to want to ban someone because he has alzheimer's and keeps telling the same story every few months :p

(joking obv)

Just skim past a post if you know you dont particularly like the poster or use the ignore function. I dont have anyone on ignore, and although my post count is low on this forum, its because I'm a lurker not because I'm a rare visitor.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:38 
and!

Yup, this is a proper Lord of the Flies situation. Except piggies glasses are something to do with PCs or something.

Seriously - any one who is genuinely feeling actual emotion from someone posting about a computer you do own, but use for a slightly different purpose needs to take a step back. If you saw how this looks from a lurker perspective you'd be well embarrassed. Try reading that page long rant in this thread out of context and you'd see how odd it is.

Comedy podcast, films and that - http://www.wenton.co.uk - Now with Hammer horror special

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:39 

It's difficult to ignore someone when they're directly engaging you with an argument.

As for the ignore function, I don't use it, many others don't. I want to be able to see all of the posts. AE often talks a lot of sense. And even the people who do use ignore (Perkies for example) explained above how it isn't entirely foolproof.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:40 

ltia wrote:
Yup, this is a proper Lord of the Flies situation. Except piggies glasses are something to do with PCs or something.

Seriously - any one who is genuinely feeling actual emotion from someone posting about a computer you do own, but use for a slightly different purpose needs to take a step back. If you saw how this looks from a lurker perspective you'd be well embarrassed. Try reading that page long rant in this thread out of context and you'd see how odd it is.

Look at it from a poster's perspective instead of a lurker's. As I just said above, if someone is directly responding to something you've said, it's very difficult not to engage them with a response/become frustrated (assuming their post was of the type that frustrates, of course).

I don't go in for the "it's just video gamez" argument, any way. I spend a lot of time here and I enjoy talking to people. I know these people. I've known them for years. It's very easy to become invested and allow other people to affect you emotionally with their posts, particularly in response to one of your own.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 21:41 

I dont see the advantage of banning someone who often talks a lot of sense either.

Well, back to lurk mode. Hope you have some TCP for the bruises once its all over. :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 22:04 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:
Don't focus on the word "ranting" if you're going to go by the dictionary definition.

Well don't use the word 'ranting' then, because I'm not ranting. You're applying an emotional modifier and suggesting I'm doing something which I'm not.

'Droning on' I could understand, but ranting I am not.

Quote:
If you genuinely can't comprehend what it is you're doing that winds people up, I'll explain it here one last time:

It's the PC stuff. The "PCs are better line" of argument. The "you can build a cheap PC that will outdo any console" stuff. All of that. The 1000 word articles on the subject. In every single thread you can shoehorn it into. And I mean EVERY thread.

I don't think that's true. Take the BL2 thread, I made a couple of brief references mid-thread to the Eurogamer face-off and I've then made god knows how many posts about the GAME, nothing but the GAME, and all about the GAME ever since.

The reason I'm into the PS4 thread is because I think it's genuinely interesting that both the next-gen consoles are just bog-standard PC hardware stuffed into little boxes, perhaps my 'the PC won the war' thread was badly phrased, but it's factual.

I'm not even happy about it as such, we'll never see the magic of the Megadrive/SNES or the PS1 ever again, you did see the post where I described Ridge Racer on the PS1 as 'magical'? I miss that consoles won't do that again.

Quote:
As for the Mac thread, I haven't read it, but you were likely shouted at because of the stuff I mentioned above. People are pissed off with you because of that, so they are calling you names. Not necessarily because of anything you did wrong in that particular thread, so don't use that as your yardstick for what you're doing "wrong". Quite why you've specifically referred to that thread alone is beyond me, when there are numerous examples of people shouting at you for doing the thing we're actually complaining about.

Are you Keith Vaz? 'I haven't played this game but I object to it in the strongest possible terms!'

Read the Mac thread, form your own opinion.

Quote:
It's to your credit that you don't go off on name-calling frolics of your own. It really is. But you have to understand that your posts about PCs are incredibly frustrating and annoying. And they're absolutely relentless. No matter how many times we tell you to stop. You just never take it in. You continue to do it over and over and over.

I think we covered this in the last thread (helpfully already linked to by Meaty), there are many people and things here that I find annoying, I just ignore them or respond to them selectively, and I don't even need a SUPER MEGA FOE tool to do it.

You're trying to excuse abuse and bullying, and there's never an excuse for that. Meaty's most recent post is basically 'well if he's not going to get banned then I'm going', which is poor form.

I appreciate from the last couple of sentences in Meaty's post that he's going through some bad stuff at the moment personally so I wish him no ill-will, despite him calling me a 'cunt of staggering magnitude', and I didn't wish him any ill-will anyway - that's just not how my mind works.

Quote:
People are calling you names because they're frustrated. You're not going anywhere. In all likelihood, you're not going to be banned. You're spoiling their experience of the forum. They're venting their frustration.

But what I am actually doing that's so incredibly offensive?

We've established that I'm not abusive (which other BEEXers most certainly are towards me), we agree (I think) that I'm not actually 'ranting' all over the place, and it's not like I'm spamming up EVERY SINGLE THREAD with PC stuff. Seriously man, just search my recent posts, the idea that I'm on some kind of BEEX-destruction mission is nonsensical.

And for every post I've made that is 'PCS woo! Consoles boo!' there's been at least three or four posts made pushing in the opposite direction by other BEEXers, usually with much more personal venom included.

I think the one where myp tried to slag off my wife by proxy was a particularly classy move - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8926&p=705195&hilit=reiki#p705195

What did I do to deserve that? What did she do to deserve that?

I get frustrated with stuff and people here at BEEX too, I don't get abusive.

I'm accused of being the 'retarded child' (which isn't very nice since my daughter has a mental disability) but I never, ever, resort to that kind of base abuse myself, and I never will.

Quote:
Please acknowledge this post and confirm that you understand it. (And that wasn't meant in a condescending way, it's just that this has been explained to you so many times over the past couple of years or so and apparently as of 6 minutes ago you still don't get it.)

If you want a baseline for what constitutes grounds for a banning on BEEX, we don't know, because nobody has ever been banned. But you must understand that you're upsetting lots of people with your PC talk. Many people have left because of you. I'm sorry if that's harsh or if that's news to you, but it's true.

This, of course, is my best explanation of how I perceive the situation. Not exactly my personal opinion, though I do find your PC "rants" very frustrating as well.

I've read it but I don't understand it, I don't see how someone can become 'upset' by the resident PC spod just being the resident PC spod - it's not like I do anything hurtful or spam up non-technical/gaming threads or even go nuts with the whole thing, I consider my input to the PS4 thread to be pretty much fact-based and observational.

I mean, fucking hell, half of what gets posted to BEEX is frivolous or POTW NOM stuff anyway, I don't complain about that when I try to catch up at the end of the working day with the day's activity, why can't I just be left in peace to post how I want to post, the same as everyone else is?

If my posts were totally irrelevant or obvious spam or blatant trolling or 'ranting' then fair enough, but I don't think they are.

Your opinion may be different of course, but then we're into the realms of shutting someone up just because you don't agree with them or don't like the way they talk.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 22:07 

:shrug:

I don't really know what to say mate. People have left because they're sick of you. I can't make it any clearer than that. If it's bullying then so be it. If it's a difference of opinion, then it's yours against numerous members who've long since given up trying to explain what it is you do that annoys them and have just resorted to name calling or simply leaving. That's regrettable, but I can completely see why they do it.

You've once again referred to the recent past. The PS4 thread (which as I explained earlier, you would've had a bloody good point with if you hadn't killed that point over the last couple of years or however long) and the Mac thread. You've been doing this for years. People have been complaining about it for as long as I can recall.

People have left, I don't want people to leave, you're the reason they've left. I can't speak for those people, but I've tried to get the point across to you as best I can.

AtrocityExhibition wrote:
I'm not even happy about it as such, we'll never see the magic of the Megadrive/SNES or the PS1 ever again, you did see the post where I described Ridge Racer on the PS1 as 'magical'? I miss that consoles won't do that again.

This. This is proof that you're just not getting it.

I said earlier (a few times I think), that for the most part, your opinions are entirely on the level with the rest of us. We fucking agree with you, man! It's the constant talk about PCs with a tone that suggests we're just not getting it that frustrates us. Stop fucking banging on about it!

You're constantly arguing with people who you seem to think believe that PCs are shit or something. That's not the case. People are only arguing with you because they're sick of you playing the same record over and over and over and OVER again.

I think I've said all I have to say. If you continue to do what you do and people continue to leave because of it, I've at least attempted to explain to you what the situation is.

I officially give up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 22:10 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

If someone could just do a 'Messageboard as a pub' analogy, I'd appreciate that as I'm close to House.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 22:15 
Comfortably Dumb

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
If someone could just do a 'Messageboard as a pub' analogy, I'd appreciate that as I'm close to House.

Personally I'm waiting for someone to post http://www.man-the-fuck-up.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 22:21 
Rude Belittler

The thing is... The thing is... the reason the PC stuff is so annoying is that no-one actually, truly gives a toss. It shows up in every gaming thread ever, and no one could give a fuck. AE is never ever going to 'convert' anyone, because a) we all have PCs or equivalents, b) we all game on them at least a little bit. The reasons we choose to play on t'360 have little to do with anything AE is talking about. Its just annoying noise.

Imagine someone made a thread to say 'I bought a new ukulele!' and someone just continued to reply with 'You should get a guitar! Guitars are far superior to ukuleles because they have a larger range and two extra strings!' even though you keep telling them that you really like how a ukulele sounds, and love playing it. Then it showed up in any thread where a musical instrument thats not a guitar is featured. 'Drums? You can't play a melody on drums! Get a guitar!' 'Saxaphone? You can't play chords on that! Get a guitar'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 22:21 
Sleepyhead

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Come a little closer...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next