Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fallout 4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 15:20 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Rumors at the moment but the person who voiced 3dog in F3 has tweeted

https://twitter.com/ETDellums/status/288757510406557697

Quote:
To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!

Then when asked he's said he was

Quote:
I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.

I loved Fallout 3 but New Vegas didnt really do it for me - a new Fallout sequel would be interesting.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/09/f ... oice-actor

Quote:
Fallout 4 Teased by Three Dog Voice Actor
"I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed."

Bethesda may be working on a new entry in the Fallout franchise, according to a voice actor from Fallout 3.

Erik Todd Dellums, who voiced Galaxy News Radio DJ Three Dog in the game, tweeted earlier today that it looked like he would be reprising his role in the near future.

Erik Todd Dellums @ETDellums

To all my #Fallout3 and #ThreeDog fans: There may be more of the Dog coming! Fingers crossed!

Almost more excitingly than this though is the fact that Dellums confirmed Bethesda gave him permission to release the tease. Taking to Twitter once more, he explained:

Toast Rabbit @ToastTheRabbit

@ETDellums you're serious? dude major high 5!

@ToastTheRabbit How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.

Hopefully this means that the company itself won't be staying tight-lipped for much longer. Of course, there's no guarantee that this announcement is tied to a future Fallout game; whilst he refused to spill any more details about Three Dog's next appearance, Dellums did retweet a fan who suggested this could also mean a role for him in a Fallout movie.

@ToastTheRabbit How was that for a tease! I was given permission to release that tease, so fingers crossed.

Toast Rabbit @ToastTheRabbit

@ETDellums I know you can't say but I can state the obvious.. either 3 Dog in the fallout sequel or 3 dog in Fallout Movie. #letTheRumorsFly

We heard rumours last August that Fallout 4 would be set in Boston, after Bethesda scouts were reported to be checking out the area from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The last Fallout game developed by Bethesda was released in 2008, with series spin-off Fallout: New Vegas serving as the most recent entry in the series developed by Obsidian Entertainment and released in 2010.

Post subject: Re: Fallout 4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 16:38 
Sleepyhead

Seems unlikely he'd be in Fallout 4, as I shot him in the head in #3.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 18:45 
It's all pish

More Three Dog is one of the things that might put me off Fallout 4, actually.

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 18:49 
Excellent Member

I'd like Chinnyhill to be in charge of my post-apocalyptic radio broadcasting. He'd ensure that the programs were aired regionally from Megaton, Tenpenny, etc, instead of a centrally located regionally insensitive source. :hug:

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 18:52 

Been looking forward to more Fallout goodness! In Skyrim's "new" engine on a next gen console, woo!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 20:12 
Excellent Member

I always just turned the radio of in F3 and New Vegas as it got right on my tits. A new Fallout game in an engine that doesn't look fucking awful would be amazing and I'd snap that shit right up. I'm no graphics whore but the horrible textures and ludicrous pop-in genuinely harmed the otherwise excellent attempt at building a proper world I felt.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 
Paws for thought

Quote:
I know you can't say but I can state the obvious.. either 3 Dog in the fallout sequel or 3 dog in Fallout Movie.

Or really bad Three Dog Fan Fiction.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:53 
Sleepyhead

Mr Dave wrote:
Quote:
I know you can't say but I can state the obvious.. either 3 Dog in the fallout sequel or 3 dog in Fallout Movie.

Three Shades of Dog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 14:01 
Bad Girl

They've missed a trick not calling this 4allout.

Actually, no they haven't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 14:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

4lout, surely?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 14:11 
Bad Girl

But if they do a 4 with two prongs they could turn it sideways into an F. That does it, I'm emailing them to make this a reality .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 14:41 
It's all pish

No no no - F4110U7 is the classy way to go.

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 15:57 
Honey Boo Boo

Curiosity wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Quote:

Three Shades of Dog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 16:02 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Redex, thank God.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 16:06 
8-Bit Champion

Another full of speculation article

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/175934 ... o_far.html

Quote:
Fallout 4 could be on next-gen consoles

Bethesda is hiring. Bethesda is hiring a lot and has been since August last year.

If you're not aware, this is typical for game development: staff come and go as projects dictate and if Bethesda is hiring this heavily for a project it can only mean it is looking to bolster production on a major title.

Many of the jobs Bethesda has been advertising is for your typical roles: everything from programmers and artists to quest designers and user interface developers. Your bread and butter of game development staff.

What is interesting is that many of the jobs - in particular the quest and world designers - prefer experience with Bethesda's Elder Scrolls Construction Set or the GECK (the Fallout equivalent).

While it's probably not a surprise that Bethesda should favour those with experience using a Bethesda-made engine, the fact that it's part of the job requirements suggests it is certainly targetting something new built on its in-house engine (the only games that do are Elder Scrolls and the two current gen Fallout games).

Bethesda is even hiring for multiple Future Generation Console Programmers to "work on cutting-edge technology for an unannounced game on future-generation consoles".

Even the other advertised jobs mention "future next generation consoles" as a main focus for the role, suggesting that - whatever the game might be - Bethesda is working on next-gen.

Of course, this is all quite speculative. Bethesda could even have two projects on the go with one of them heading to Xbox 720 and PS4, while Fallout 4 could be a late-game Xbox 360 and PS3 title.

But let's not forget that Oblivion launched early on in the Xbox 360 and PS3's lifecycle, meaning it's highly likely that Bethesda would be ready to attempt the same again.

Fallout 4 could be set in Boston

This was a rumour that happened a while ago that seemed to suggest Bethesda is planning on setting Fallout 4 in Boston.

A Reddit user posted a comment declaring the Bethesda was in Boston to scope the area out with a mind to design it for the next Fallout game.

"Fallout 4 will take place in Boston," read the post. "In case you haven't heard, Bethesda has recently been scoping out and researching Boston. They also have a strong connection to MIT. I may or may not be an MIT employee. But that's really all I can say for fear of losing my job. I am telling you it will take place in Boston."

That's all there is to go off, and while it might be pretty flimsy as evidence the lore behind the Fallout universe means this could very well be plausible.

Firstly is the Massachusetts Institue Of Technology - or the MIT - that, in the Fallout universe, turns into 'The Institute' based in Boston.

As lore goes, after the war the MIT becomes a mysterious faction known as The Institute, which makes a name for itself designing and building unique technological advancements - most pertinent being functioning androids.

Boston becomes known as the Commonwealth, with the Institute being the prime reason of the area's importance.

The Commonwealth and the Institute are both referenced in Fallout 3, its DLC and Fallout: New Vegas.

There are a number of locations suitable to a new Fallout game, but few are as compatible not only to the original lore, but the details built upon by Bethesda in Fallout 3.

Take it with a pinch of salt, maybe, but could well happen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 16:10 
Honey Boo Boo

That seems sensible, given Ashur namedropped a number of places during his speech to the inhabitants of The Pitt:

Quote:
Our industry is the envy of the Commonwealth! Our safety is the envy of the Capital Wastes! Our might is the envy of Ronto!...

To-ronto? Could be. Maybe in a 'travel a long distance away' DLC?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 16:22 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

Bet it's on this gen rather than the next one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 16:29 
8-Bit Champion

Morte wrote:
Bet it's on this gen rather than the next one.

Or both ?

I do think we'll get a few situations where a game comes out for both and looks very similar with maybe a few changes for the next gen system

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]