Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Electronic Air Sculpture
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 19:54 

This is necessary. Maybe there's an old one but I don't care. Since getting my iPad I have bought about 20 audio programs and spend all day dicking about with them. One day I'll make a bit of music with them.

In any case, I'm currently dilemma'd ovr midi issues. I want to use the pad as an instrument in my studio setup, so really I want to be controlling it with midi hardware. I have camera kit but my midi controller and Yamaha synth are all 5 pin din retro proper news, so I'm torn between getting an irig midi adapter which would allow me to hook them up, or a massive m-audio axiom controller of universal everythingness and connect it through the camera kit, or get the korg nanokey/pad/whatever three pack which would allow portability and work, as perthe Axiom, on everything.

I can't decide, which is just as well as I can't afford the latter two options. In any case, I'm reluctant to spend fourty quid on an iOS midi port which won't fit any iOS device after this one. I hope for a kit that covers current and next adapters from irig or someone in a few months.

What really impresses me about this platform though is that all the apps send midi to one another, half of them play in the background, most cut and paste audio and everything exports to Soundcloud. It's a canny little environment.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]