Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 18:01 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
Nah, found my VR legs a long time ago. I've done 4-hour races.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 18:03 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19564
O feel motion sick if I play a game just on our tv as it’s too big. I’ve never made it through a 3d film. I don’t think I’d ever find my virtual legs :/

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 19:47 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63933
Location: Your Mum
Mimi wrote:
notion dick

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 22:25 
User avatar

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 8080
Lonewolves wrote:
TheVision wrote:
What's that plug in the wall for?

That…goes into the bathroom where another double socket is plugged in. :facepalm:

We may have shared an electrician.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 22:29 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19564
Wait... are you saying that you did Myp’s electrics, Joans?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 22:35 
User avatar

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 8080
Mimi wrote:
Wait... are you saying that you did Myp’s electrics, Joans?

I've not yet had the chance to run wild on our new electrics, but I doubt I'd do a worse job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
So, I'm finally all set for the Daytona 500 tonight. I'll be streaming it from my perspective here if anyone's interested in watching some of it (It should last 3-4 hours so I'm not expecting anyone to sit down and watch the whole lot unless you're some kind of masochist):

https://twitch.tv/themindsweeper

Hmmm, can we embed Twitch streams? I'm sure I've seen it before but I can't remember how to do it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15916
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Can you see the twitch comments? (that is to say, if I watch and call you a bell end, will you, infact, learn that you are a bell end)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:09 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43519
Location: West Yorkshire
So you'll average between 166mph and 125mph?

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:10 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43519
Location: West Yorkshire
MaliA wrote:
So you'll average between 166mph and 125mph?


*googles*

Fucking needles, those cars be speedy.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:15 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63933
Location: Your Mum
Lonewolves wrote:
Hmmm, can we embed Twitch streams? I'm sure I've seen it before but I can't remember how to do it.

I think we got rid of it because they autoplayed (and made a noise).

However, if you put your twitch channel name in your profile it'll appear as a notification at the top of the forum when you start broadcasting.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:23 
User avatar
Excellent Painter

Joined: 30th Apr, 2008
Posts: 6416
Location: Behind you
Grim... wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Hmmm, can we embed Twitch streams? I'm sure I've seen it before but I can't remember how to do it.

I think we got rid of it because they autoplayed (and made a noise).

However, if you put your twitch channel name in your profile it'll appear as a notification at the top of the forum when you start broadcasting.


As indeed it just informed me that Myp was playing PUBG (when he should be looking for work ;) ) and I was wondering what the fuck was going on.

_________________
twitter || website
Malibu Stacy. Everybody's favourite back seat driver


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 13:25 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
Yeah it actually wasn't. It was iRacing but I hadn't updated the title. I was just testing for tonight!

Hey, I've earnt £372 this week - I deserve a day off. ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 13:29 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:
So you'll average between 166mph and 125mph?


*googles*

Fucking needles, those cars be speedy.

The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup cars actually have a restrictor plate for Daytona, Talladega and Indianapolis to reduce horsepower as they are so fast in a pack draft.

You can get up to 180mph on your own but up to 210mph in a pack. It's crazy as you're flat out all the way around and you have to wait for people to make mistakes. It's like a game of high speed chess.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 13:33 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
I just hope I have better luck tonight. I ran two races last night in the C class and A class and got caught up in unrelated wrecks in the first 5 laps each time.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 13:38 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 33462
So you don't have to turn right *or* break? Fucking cakewalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 13:44 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
DavPaz wrote:
So you don't have to turn right *or* break? Fucking cakewalk

Oh a lot of cars break all right.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 13:46 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43519
Location: West Yorkshire
Lonewolves wrote:
I just hope I have better luck tonight. I ran two races last night in the C class and A class and got caught up in unrelated wrecks in the first 5 laps each time.


And you'll need matched perfect and staggered special tyres to pass on the outside of turn 4.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 13:46 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
Last year I qualified on pole, led 80 laps and then on the final pitstop I hit my teammate who was a lap down and pushing me to victory into the pit lane and we both got speeding penalties. :facepalm:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 17:35 
User avatar
chewbacca -future arc welder

Joined: 25th Oct, 2011
Posts: 1767
Location: Kashyyyk
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
I just hope I have better luck tonight. I ran two races last night in the C class and A class and got caught up in unrelated wrecks in the first 5 laps each time.


And you'll need matched perfect and staggered special tyres to pass on the outside of turn 4.

Should have aimed for the wreck!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 18:02 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
Yeah no. That doesn't work.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 18:50 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
I'll probably start streaming from just before 7 but the green flag won't drop until about 7:15.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 23:38 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
Sigh. Did ok for first 76 laps. Was in P6. Then got wrecked and trundled around for the next 110 laps before my engine blew on lap 186.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 0:46 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63933
Location: Your Mum
Boo!

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 21:14 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
Every year I look forward to Daytona and every year I'm glad it's over. Four races in all three main NASCAR classes and got wrecked out each time. Best position 9th and even then I finished 43 laps down!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 18:18 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26307
Location: Kidbrooke
Have you tried not wrecking your car?

HTH HAND.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 18:53 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
It's ok, in my league race I actually caused the final wreck and finished 9th and got away without any damage at all.

I would feel bad but I got involved in so much nonsense that was none of my business in every other race.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 21:55 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43519
Location: West Yorkshire
Lonewolves wrote:
Sigh. Did ok for first 76 laps. Was in P6. Then got wrecked and trundled around for the next 110 laps before my engine blew on lap 186.


When that little needle goes up into the red and reads nine thousand RPM, that's bad.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 23:10 
User avatar
chewbacca -future arc welder

Joined: 25th Oct, 2011
Posts: 1767
Location: Kashyyyk
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Sigh. Did ok for first 76 laps. Was in P6. Then got wrecked and trundled around for the next 110 laps before my engine blew on lap 186.


When that little needle goes up into the red and reads nine thousand RPM, that's bad.

NINE thousand?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: iRacing
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 21:50 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 50487
Location: Nottingham
Very hard-fought sixth place at Las Vegas tonight. Really pleased!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Columbo, Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.