Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cyberpunk 2077
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:39 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Looks like you can get a refund if you bought the game from the ps store.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/cyber ... 7-refunds/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:21 
Hello Hello Hello

8)

By all accounts Sony did raise the state of the game with CPR prior to certifying it for release and CPR were like, 'We've totally got this shit sorted with the day one patch', and then Sony were like, 'You lying motherfuckers'.

It makes you wonder what kind of business pressure there can be to ship a game that clearly, obviously, demonstrably, visibly, to everyone involved, just isn't ready.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55359568

Attachment:
cybers.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:27 
Unpossible!

You're doing that thing again. Assuming that everyone is upset because only the upset people are making noise

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:29 
Hello Hello Hello

Well Sony are clearly quite upset about it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:41 
Skillmeister

Loving this game still! So much fun. Lovely world. The only cirisititiiisism I could level at it is I was expecting the world to be a bit more vertical. But that just might be me looking at old Carlos Esquerra Dredd strips and marvelling at the interlinks between blocks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:43 
Bad Girl

Those members of the public requesting a refund are clearly upset too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:08 

Dimrill wrote:
Loving this game still! So much fun. Lovely world. The only cirisititiiisism I could level at it is I was expecting the world to be a bit more vertical. But that just might be me looking at old Carlos Esquerra Dredd strips and marvelling at the interlinks between blocks.

Yeah, there's your apartment area where you get that feeling but everywhere else you're pretty much trapped on the floor. I'm still having a great time with it too. But it does look like a bit of a shitshow on PS4 etc.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:20 
Hibernating Druid

Duh! You’re not enjoying it, you just think you are.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:39 

DavPaz wrote:
You're doing that thing again. Assuming that everyone is upset because only the upset people are making noise

I took it as Sony were not happy with the quality of the fame and pulled it. No drama really.

Will be interesting for the physical copies out there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:45 
Unpossible!

KovacsC wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

I took it as Sony were not happy with the quality of the fame and pulled it. No drama really.

Hearthly wrote:
clearly, obviously, demonstrably, visibly, to everyone involved, just isn't ready.

I just have issue with the total, absolute, unquestionable hyperbole.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:48 

Yes standard response from the forever car guy :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:49 
Gogmagog

DavPaz wrote:

Hi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:02 
Hello Hello Hello

DavPaz wrote:

Hearthly wrote:
clearly, obviously, demonstrably, visibly, to everyone involved, just isn't ready.

But it's objectively true that the game was not ready for release on the base consoles, CPR have literally said sorry for releasing the game in its current condition, and Sony have now pulled it from their store.

You can argue the toss about XBSX/PS5/PC to an extent, but on XB1/PS4, the game was not ready for release.

It's like, you could get a Big Mac and when you open the box the top bit of the bun is missing. You might eat what's in the box and still enjoy it, but on a simple factual basis, that Big Mac was not ready to be served.

It's not hyperbole if it's a statement of fact.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:04 
Unpossible!

Hearthly wrote:
everyone involved

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:11 
Hello Hello Hello

You think anyone at CPR thought, 'This is fine, get it shipped'?

Let's look at the evidence.

Game delayed multiple times.
Horrendous crunch at CPR.
No console review copies sent out at all.
All reviewers banned from using their own game footage.
Post-release CPR have apologised for releasing the game in its current state and offered refunds to anyone who bought it on the base console.
There's already a 'patch roadmap' to fix the game.
Sony have pulled the game from their store citing issues with 'customer satisfaction'.

There is no one out there defending the state of this game on the base consoles. It wasn't ready for release.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:15 
Unpossible!

Hearthly wrote:
everyone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:16 

I have to assume that they miscalculated and must have believed that they would have it patched in the time between when they committed to a release date and the date itself. I don't know how it works though, have releases been pulled before when boxes are already out in shops?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:21 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

markg wrote:
I have to assume that they miscalculated and must have believed that they would have it patched in the time between when they committed to a release date and the date itself. I don't know how it works though, have releases been pulled before when boxes are already out in shops?

WWF No Mercy on the N64. There was a bug that meant it wouldn't save properly. That was pulled from the shelves and recalled and eventually replaced with new copies. The way to tell them apart is the barcode is different.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:22 
UltraMod

MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Hi

Twitter bio checks out

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:25 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

TheVision wrote:
markg wrote:

WWF No Mercy on the N64. There was a bug that meant it wouldn't save properly. That was pulled from the shelves and recalled and eventually replaced with new copies. The way to tell them apart is the barcode is different.

And isn't that version of the game with a small fortune, now?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:27 
Comfortably Dumb

TheVision wrote:
markg wrote:

And if you don't have the box, you can look for the NUS-NW4P-EUR-1 where they've added the "-1" in the patched copies. (I realise I'm probably telling you something you already know :D )
Attachment:
wwf.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:41 
Hello Hello Hello

DavPaz wrote:
Hearthly wrote:
everyone

Yes, everyone.

Everyone who was actively involved with this game, and knew of its condition on the base consoles, knew it wasn't ready for release.

CPR have effectively said so themselves, and apologised for it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 13:30 
Unpossible!

Hearthly wrote:
every

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 14:15 
Gogmagog

myp wrote:
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Hi

Twitter bio checks out

By the people, for the people, to the people.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 15:06 
Unpossible!

In the People

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 20:41 
Rude Belittler

I mean it's a shitshow, I think I've had two game sessions which didn't end when it crashed, and I couldn't be bothered to boot it up again. Which pretty shocking all on its own.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 0:01 
Can you dig it?

The news article about the bug that makes the game 'full of dildos' was mildly amusing though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:10 
Hello Hello Hello

Microsoft follows Sony in offering a refund to anyone who has bought the game digitally on XBox, remains on sale though.

I see CPR's share price has tanked as well.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020 ... tion-store

Attachment:
cybers2.JPG

Mainstream cut-through too.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/ ... a-shambles

Attachment:
mainers.JPG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 18:03 
Skillmeister

The lesbigonks sexual scene is a bit explicit. Hurrah!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 18:24 
Esoteric

Hearthly wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Hearthly wrote:

But it's objectively true that the game was not ready for release on the base consoles, CPR have literally said sorry for releasing the game in its current condition, and Sony have now pulled it from their store.

You can argue the toss about XBSX/PS5/PC to an extent, but on XB1/PS4, the game was not ready for release.

It's like, you could get a Big Mac and when you open the box the top bit of the bun is missing. You might eat what's in the box and still enjoy it, but on a simple factual basis, that Big Mac was not ready to be served.

It's not hyperbole if it's a statement of fact.

I don't think it will ever be ready for release on the vanilla original consoles. Ever. They are simply not powerful enough and that isn't about to change. I read an article on the BBC yesterday (can't find it now) where a guy who bought it said it gave him huge headaches and looked like an N64 title. Further research showed that on the One S it was running around 360p and as fuzzy as balls. This would explain why they never released any console footage of the game at all prior to launch, which is a bit naughty. It just took me back to the days where I would have an hour bus ride to the local computer shop, then a two hour dilemma trying to find a Spectrum game with actual Spectrum screen shots on the back and not C64. It's just pretty dishonest.

Further research has shown the game runs at around 15-20 FPS on the original Xbone and PS4. Which quite simply isn't good enough for any one. The PS4 Pro, XB1X and of course the new consoles fare much better however.

You can't expect miracles out of very old hardware. It seems CDPR tried to make this a killer PC title *and* an old gen console title which will never work. I'm only not disappointed at the performance on my high end cards because the game just doesn't really need to run at over 60 FPS any way (kinda like most other RPGs, Fallout was always locked to 60 and pushing it up above 70 broke the game badly) and it looks truly stunning. However, due to the fact it looks truly stunning on the PC it looks like hot ass on the original consoles. Which isn't to be unexpected, given they have something like an RX 450 or worse in them.

There's quite a good article up on Eurogamer showing it running on pretty much all of the consoles.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/make-the- ... son-video/

The base last-gen consoles are where it gets really rough: the regular PS4 version clocks in with a maximum dynamic resolution of 900p, and Xbox One at 810p with frequent dips below 720p. PS4's frame rate usually hangs around in the mid to high 20s, while the Xbox One version can drop to the low 10s in especially hectic shootouts. That's not counting the minute-long frozen screen the analysts encountered on Xbox One at one point before Cyberpunk 2077 finally got back on track.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 20:02 

Miracles on old hardware.

The game has been in design for over 5 years. It should run perfectly on ‘old hardware’ and better on the stuff release last month!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:26 
Hello Hello Hello

The really shit thing is that CPR went to great lengths to hide the XB1/PS4 versions of the game. If they'd released footage and screenshots of the game on those consoles, and sent those versions out for review, and not prohibited those reviewers from using their own footage in their reviews, then you could at least say they'd allowed people to make an informed choice as to whether or not they wanted to buy the game on those platforms.

Instead they blatantly lied about it ('performance is surprisingly good on last-gen consoles'), and did everything in their power to conceal the state of the game until the money was in the till, and make sure people didn't start refunding pre-orders.

That's not to say that the PS5/XBSX/PC versions aren't riddled with bugs, crashes and other problems too. Video below is a decent cross-section of issues that people have been capturing. Many of them are repeatable and exist across all platforms.

The real shame here is that by all accounts there's a compelling narrative and a really good game in there, it's just that CPR hadn't finished making that game when it was released.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 18:45 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

There's something about this game that is just so engaging. I've barely touched the story missions, I've spent 30 hours doing side missions all over the place. Every single one is different, it's really impressive. I've had a few graphical glitches but that's it for bugs, to be honest. I've finally found a cowboy hat, which I'm delighted about.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 18:47 
Best
Board Mother

Cras wrote:
There's something about this game that is just so engaging. I've barely touched the story missions, I've spent 30 hours doing side missions all over the place. Every single one is different, it's really impressive. I've had a few graphical glitches but that's it for bugs, to be honest. I've finally found a cowboy hat, which I'm delighted about.

I love this post. :luv:

What are you playing it on?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 19:20 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

PC. and a decent spec. I imagine I'd have lower opinions if playing on PS4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 19:41 
Skillmeister

Luvloi, innit? I spent two hours just walking the streets.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 19:51 

I just keep having a look and changing into the clothes with the highest stats. As a result my character looks ridiculous but since you never see her anyway it doesn't really matter. Weird how you can enhance and alter your entire body and nervous system with cybernetic implants but your haircut is apparently fixed for all time (apart from when it glitched, I looked in a mirror and was totally bald).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 19:51 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Yeah, really is. Loads of lovely little nooks and crannies to explore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 19:53 
Skillmeister

Cras wrote:
Yeah, really is. Loads of lovely little nooks and crannies to explore

Wait until you see the lesbionic sexual scene!

markg wrote:
I just keep having a look and changing into the clothes with the highest stats. As a result my character looks ridiculous but since you never see her anyway it doesn't really matter. Weird how you can enhance and alter your entire body and nervous system with cybernetic implants but your haircut is apparently fixed for all time (apart from when it glitched, I looked in a mirror and was totally bald).

I was disappointed I couldn't wear a bandana aroond me heed without losing my mohawk :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 20:23 
Best
Board Mother

Cras wrote:

Ah, okay. I was looking forward to the game, but will wait until we decide to upgrade to a PS5.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 21:05 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Cras wrote:

Ah, okay. I was looking forward to the game, but will wait until we decide to upgrade to a PS5.

Bit concerned now that if we get one, you'll be on it playing this all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 21:21 
Best
Board Mother

Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Cras wrote:

Bit concerned now that if we get one, you'll be on it playing this all the time.

I thought you preferred retro consoles. :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 21:39 
Gogmagog

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Cras wrote:

Get two.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 21:47 

MaliA wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Cras wrote:

Get two.

Maybe I'll just try and get one for now...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 22:06 
Gogmagog

Joans wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Joans wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Cras wrote:

Get two.

Maybe I'll just try and get one for now...

No I think you should get two

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 15:22 
Esoteric

Cras wrote:

Yeah, totally. I have played it on two rigs now. One has a 3950x and 2080Ti, the other a 12 core gen 1 Threadripper and 2070 super. I am running both at 1440p, I did have to cut the settings for the Super. Also had to increase DLSS to performance on the 2070S, rather than Quality on the Ti. Other than that I get about the same FPS. Absolute lows of around 40, highs into the 70s. It's totally playable, given it's pretty slow paced.

It's hugely impressive. Quite easily the best looking game I have ever played. It's also very interesting, the story is good and I like the way it twists. I started to wonder why the fuck Keanu Reeves was all over the advertising, then I found out why last night.

It's very unusual for a game to be made for the PC first. In fact, I can't even remember the last one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 18:56 
Rude Belittler

It's just a typical Ubisoft game with slightly better writing.

Far Cry: 2077 is what it is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:27 

this made me larf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 20:22 
Bad Girl

This character customisation is hilarious:

You want a female?
Ok
How big do you want the dick?
Huh
Do you want the foreskin as big as a windsock
Go on then

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:02 
Hello Hello Hello

This game is a masterpiece. I can't comment on its earlier incarnations as I've only started playing it since the recent V2.0 'reboot' release, but it's properly grabbed me and drawn me into its world.

It's also completely beyond gorgeous, and even now, some 120 hours into it, I still sometimes find myself just moving around the game world to look at it and soak it in.

One of those games where I can spend an entire evening playing and not even remotely go near the main campaign questline, happily doing other stuff instead.

Also - it has sold me on ray tracing in videogames.

Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next