Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 560 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3 **OFFICIAL TOPIC**
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:20 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

And another place that people are glitching - on Fallen I was killed by someone under the truck at point A (so i just came back and grenaded and sprayed the area with bullets to get him)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 22:36 
Can you dig it?

Pundabaya wrote:
Game mode of champions : Hardcore Kill Confirmed.

This one is good fun, made a nice change from domination.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 0:42 
8-Bit Champion

So new maps tomorrow - is it just me and Gilly that will be on them ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:03 
Ready for action

zaphod79 wrote:
So new maps tomorrow - is it just me and Gilly that will be on them ?

:metul:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:26 
8-Bit Champion

Some details and a new trailer encouraging people to sign up

http://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-elite- ... ao-126769/

Quote:
Join Call of Duty Elite in Preparation for ‘Modern Warfare 3′ DLC Tomorrow
Jan 23, 2012 by Anthony Taormina Like4

A new trailer has been released to hopefully sway gamers into subscribing for Call of Duty Elite Premium, the only way to get ‘Modern Warfare 3′ maps as they release.

On January 24th, the Call of Duty world or, more specifically, the Modern Warfare 3 world will be rocked with the release of the first Content Drop for the game. Content Drops, for those that might not be down with Infinity Ward‘s new lingo, are the DLC maps that will be released in a much more spaced out time frame – typically one a month.

To celebrate the first Content Drop, which will only be available to Call of Duty Elite Premium members, and will feature the maps Piazza and Liberation, Activision has released a new trailer prompting players to “Join up.” Who players would join up with is obviously Call of Duty Elite Premium, which guarantees first dibs on the maps (unless your playing on the PS3) throughout the DLC’s entire 9-month release season.

Much like the previous live action Modern Warfare 3 trailers, Activision has enlisted the help of choice comedic talent to sell their product. Like a pseudo-Patton, Rob Riggle walks gamers through all of the features that come pre-packaged in Elite, most of which are free of charge, from the stat-tracking to the heat maps. There are, of course, other features like clan customization and tournaments that are only available to Premium members, but those are small potatoes compared to a plethora of map packs.

While a trailer certainly might do the trick for some, the real test of whether or not gamers flock to Elite Premium will be when the maps officially go live tomorrow. Seeing all of your buddies playing maps you have no access to is always an incentive to pick up new maps, but now that there is a promised exclusivity involved, some might simply get them all in one swift purchase.

As was mentioned before the first Content Drop for Modern Warfare 3 hits the Xbox Live Marketplace tomorrow, and will only be available to Call of Duty Elite Premium members.

Now that the first DLC is almost here, are you interested in joining Call of Duty Elite Premium? What would you like to see out of the next Content Drop?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is out now for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:54 
Sleepyhead

Must. Resist. Temptation.

How long do regular peons have to wait if they want to buy the maps separately?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:57 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Curiosity wrote:
Must. Resist. Temptation.

How long do regular peons have to wait if they want to buy the maps separately?

Temptation is all somewhat academic. If one person in your party (and we average 6 on most nights that I get online) doesn't have elite, you're not playing the new maps.

I think the Non-Elite xbox mappacks drop quite a while before the PS3 ones still, so this would suggest that the wait isn't likely to be too significant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 14:17 
Ready for action

I don't know if this might sway anyone, but maps are out, there are two new ones. But that's not the good bit. The good bit is a new Elite playlist, for elite members only. Has the usual mix of game modes on new maps. But that's not the good bit. The good bit is Hardcore Ricochet MoshPit :metul:
It looks like it is only for elite members ands this game mode isn't available in the normal playlists. It says elite members only so i don't know what would happen if I was party leader and tried to fire us all into it. I'm pleased though, We've been saying we want HC moshpit since release.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 15:37 
Rude Belittler

I haven't. Moshpit sucks. 'Here, play all these rubbish game modes, in the hope that a good one turns up.' Nah, I'll just pick a good one myself. Kill Confirmed it is!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 16:03 
Ready for action

Pundabaya wrote:
I haven't. Moshpit sucks. 'Here, play all these rubbish game modes, in the hope that a good one turns up.' Nah, I'll just pick a good one myself. Kill Confirmed it is!

lol, by 'we' I meant my girlfriend and I not the whole forum. I don't get on with kill confirmed that much, I only like it if the team are working well together.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 16:10 
8-Bit Champion

I like the variety of Moshpit and if your playing with a group of people who like different things it seems fairer (personally I like all of them but I'm pretty rubbish at S&D although that reminds me that I need to capture my riot shield kill of the guy who walked into me on Saturday)

BTW Gilly did the new maps update automatically or did you have to search for them ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 16:21 
8-Bit Champion

Oh and for the hackers / modders :

http://www.gamesta.com/mw3-damage-glitc ... 6-day-ban/

Quote:
In an effort to nip the newest MW3 exploit in the bud, Infinity Ward has started giving immediate 6 day bans to anyone caught using the ‘Damange Glitch’, whereby users found a way to attach the shotgun-only Damage perk to non-shotgun weapons. This resulted in insane 1-2 shot kills from rifles at any distance. We’re not going to tell you how it’s done, because you don’t need to be doing it.

While a 6 day ban may not seem like a stiff enough punishment, the public embarrassment that comes from the hilarious manner in which Infinity Ward has elected to reset their stats may be. The users over at mw3forum.com have discovered that everyone caught using the glitch will be reset to level 1 and have all of their stats reset except losses and deaths. This means that if you had a W/L of 120-34 and a K/D of 2384/987 your new W/L ratio would be 0-34 and your new K/D would be 0 kills and 987 deaths. Even if the glitchers try and play legitimately after the reset they will always be saddled with hilariously low W/L and K/D ratios going forward.

For those of you that aren’t cheating, enjoy the next 6 days of glitcher-reduced gameplay and make sure to point and laugh at anyone that comes back from the bans with a comically low 0.000000001 K/D ratio as a result of the reset

I'd much rather they fixed the problem than ban people for exploiting it right now

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 16:28 
Ready for action

zaphod79 wrote:
I like the variety of Moshpit and if your playing with a group of people who like different things it seems fairer (personally I like all of them but I'm pretty rubbish at S&D although that reminds me that I need to capture my riot shield kill of the guy who walked into me on Saturday)

BTW Gilly did the new maps update automatically or did you have to search for them ?

One of the reasons I like mosh pit so much is because it means I get to play some search and destroy without boring everyone by playing it all night.
Loaded up call of duty and it said there were new maps available so followed the link and started the download.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 16:55 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

zaphod79 wrote:
Oh and for the hackers / modders :

http://www.gamesta.com/mw3-damage-glitc ... 6-day-ban/

Quote:
In an effort to nip the newest MW3 exploit in the bud, Infinity Ward has started giving immediate 6 day bans to anyone caught using the ‘Damange Glitch’, whereby users found a way to attach the shotgun-only Damage perk to non-shotgun weapons. This resulted in insane 1-2 shot kills from rifles at any distance. We’re not going to tell you how it’s done, because you don’t need to be doing it.

While a 6 day ban may not seem like a stiff enough punishment, the public embarrassment that comes from the hilarious manner in which Infinity Ward has elected to reset their stats may be. The users over at mw3forum.com have discovered that everyone caught using the glitch will be reset to level 1 and have all of their stats reset except losses and deaths. This means that if you had a W/L of 120-34 and a K/D of 2384/987 your new W/L ratio would be 0-34 and your new K/D would be 0 kills and 987 deaths. Even if the glitchers try and play legitimately after the reset they will always be saddled with hilariously low W/L and K/D ratios going forward.

For those of you that aren’t cheating, enjoy the next 6 days of glitcher-reduced gameplay and make sure to point and laugh at anyone that comes back from the bans with a comically low 0.000000001 K/D ratio as a result of the reset

I'd much rather they fixed the problem than ban people for exploiting it right now

how is it done? Is it a mod or a glitch? because if it is something like that javelin glitch in MW2 banning people for it seems a little harsh, annoying as it is, it isn't the user's fault IW release a buggy game..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 17:02 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
how is it done? Is it a mod or a glitch? because if it is something like that javelin glitch in MW2 banning people for it seems a little harsh, annoying as it is, it isn't the user's fault IW release a buggy game..

Its something which would have to be conciously done and it seems they have patched things to stop you doing it at all but if you already 'glitched' it onto a weapon its still on there (so they will ban people if they find it)

http://www.gamesglitches.com/2012/01/mo ... ry-weapon/

Quote:
Text Tutorial:
1) Make sure you have “Damage” on one of your shotguns
2) Now make a class with a shotgun and damage. EX: Striker with damage THATS IT.
3) Tell your friend to go to private match.
4) Pick the first class and click ‘reset’
5) Now you should get a pop-up with the classes you can pick
6) *DON’T CLICK ANYTHING* Have your friend back out to a xbox live party.
7) Now you should be able to move in the background, Just go to create a class.
8) Now select the class with the shotgun and damage on.
9) Now click the following: Primary, Shotguns, (Whatever gun you got damage with), Click on ‘damage’
10) Now you should be at ‘Attachments’, Don’t click anything, Just click (B) to go back
11) Now you should be able to move on the pop-up, Click which ever weapon you want. I clicked sniper for the barret.
12) You should be able to click damage and then you put whatever you want on it like a silencer and then camo.
13) Go rape online :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 18:13 
Rude Belittler

To be perfectly honest, Domination is alright, HQ is good, all the other objective game modes are shite. Especially Capture the Motherfucking Flag, which I have never ever enjoyed a game of ever in any game that has it. Ever.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 22:05 
8-Bit Champion

My stats page does show that I'm rather in favour of Domination

Attachment:
elite_stats.png

FYI when i loaded the game up this evening it wanted to patch something first , then told me the new things were in the store - and they are downloading now (75 meg and 100 meg)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 22:12 

well I haven't bought elite and I don't have the maps. I am outraged. They should recognise my loyalty and reward me!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 0:46 
8-Bit Champion

Well perhaps because of the maps or perhaps the latest patch for today but the lag tonight was pretty terrible - having games where you see an enemy and shoot only to find he's already killed you (or you dont see them at all because they have pogo'd round the corner and the lags hiding them)

Only managed a few games each of the new maps (then switched back to regular since it was taking forever to find a game despite showing around 500,000 players online).

Piazza - A medium sized map with a lot of different heights of terrain you'll often be running up a hill or set of stairs to a level and then there is another level above you - generally good for going down but can be a real pain for visibility going up. Although there are a few vantage points that i can see this is a lot of turning a corner and running into another player so seems to favour quick accurate guns (or spraying machine pistols) - sniper spots overlooking A and C for domination (and for A the amount of times i killed someone camping in the flower garden overlooking A was unbelievable). Graphically it reminded me a bit of Villa on BLOPS with lots of white walls and narrow paths around 'features'

Liberation - This is a f*cking enormous map, it will take you days to run from one side to the other and on its surface its pretty flat so big long lines of sight (you need an AR or something with a bit of range on it) , the main features are a few bridges which allow you to go over or under a dried up riverbed and some ruined buildings at one part of the map. Again playing domination the main issue here is capturing points A or C your visible from miles away and i can see snipers just picking you out (point B is on a bridge and at least has some cover). For the graphics this one really looks amazing with leaves scattered around the ground

And as Gilly mentioned some other new play modes (including a barebones with no perks or killstreaks that i dont remember seeing before)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:11 
8-Bit Champion

Todays patch was suppose to

https://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/stat ... 0926619649

Quote:
Updated #MW3 today; you'll notice improved lag comp, theater fixes, nerf to Striker, buff to all other shotguns, upload to YouTube faster.

And more details of the new stuff and when it arrives

http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar

So only 1 new map next month , 1 new map plus 2 new missions in March , and a mixture for the rest , I dont quite get what 'mode' is going to be - if they are saying they will add in things like Hardcore Team Tactical and call that a 'content drop' then i think thats taking the p*ss !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 17:02 

zaphod79 wrote:
Todays patch was suppose to

https://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/stat ... 0926619649

Quote:
Updated #MW3 today; you'll notice improved lag comp, theater fixes, nerf to Striker, buff to all other shotguns, upload to YouTube faster.

And more details of the new stuff and when it arrives

http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar

So only 1 new map next month , 1 new map plus 2 new missions in March , and a mixture for the rest , I dont quite get what 'mode' is going to be - if they are saying they will add in things like Hardcore Team Tactical and call that a 'content drop' then i think thats taking the p*ss !

Looking at what your going to get, is it worth getting elite or should i just buy the maps as they come out?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 17:26 
8-Bit Champion

Cookie197 wrote:
Looking at what your going to get, is it worth getting elite or should i just buy the maps as they come out?

So Elite is quite expensive as a single purchase - however the advantage is your getting the maps 'first' (BTW the new maps are also in Spec ops which is nice if you want to have a wander around them)

If its just the maps your interested in there are 12 of them - if they package them up in 4's (which they have done before) then thats 3 x packs at 1600 points so not that much different to what you'll pay for Elite - however if you dont like / want some of the maps you can just get what you actually want.

If they mess around and put out maps in blocks of 3 with some of the 'mission' or 'mode' stuff then they could squeeze an extra pack out of people and thats 4 at 1600 (which makes elite better value)

I know they are really trying to push all the extra's that Elite is suppose to give you (additional upload slots / competitions / clans / special video reviews) but its mostly rubbish - what your getting here is the maps and your just paying for them 'up front' - my suggestion would be if you desperatly want new maps now get elite.
If your okay with waiting a little while see what they put out as the first DLC pack for 'general' release and see what they charge - looking at the release timeline i bet its the first week of March and its the first 3 maps (for 1600 points) - at that point you'd be better just buying elite (they have confirmed that if you buy elite at any point you get access to all the content available at that stage plus the future content)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:39 
8-Bit Champion

zaphod79 wrote:
that reminds me that I need to capture my riot shield kill of the guy who walked into me on Saturday

Two videos - first one is running at i think 2x speed to fit things in and is my point of view - picks up just after Gilly is shot (it was her Riot shield I grabbed)

Second is the 3rd person perspective view of the final action (which of course was the final killcam so everyone else got to see it)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:18 
8-Bit Champion

Unclear / unfair restrictions on new maps ?

http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/26/concern ... o-profile/

Quote:
Concerns raised over Modern Warfare 3 Elite maps locked to profile

With elite maps being tied to a specific profile, rather than to the game itself, many owners of Modern Warfare 3 are calling foul. A sign of DLC things to come?

As seen over on the official Call of Duty forums, users are raising the fairly concerning issue of Elite DLC being locked to a specific profile, rather to the game itself.

DLC has fast become a norm within our gaming universe, allowing legitimate users to expand on their purchased game. It seems Activision/Infinity Ward has taken this one step further though, in what seems to be a requirement to purchase this latest DLC per *profile* that plays the game. Simply put, this means the content you legally purchased is not available to other users on your console. Strangely enough, this seems to be in conflict with the terms and conditions stated on purchase.

It is possible that this is just a glitch, although an official statement has yet to be made to clarify these concerns either way.

Thanks, Joystiq.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:40 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Is elite tied to your profile? If it is, it makes sense to tie the maps, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 13:03 
8-Bit Champion

Craster wrote:
Is elite tied to your profile? If it is, it makes sense to tie the maps, too.

It is , the main problem I can see at the moment is the 'notification' you get when downloading the maps is the standard Microsoft one which says it can be used on any xbox with this profile + any other profile on the first xbox which its downloaded on (which seems to be incorrect).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:08 
8-Bit Champion

http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/27/infinit ... file-lock/

Quote:
Infinity Ward to fix MW3 DLC single profile lock

Infinity Ward is working on a fix that will enable the first bit of DLC for Modern Warfare 3 Elite subs to be available to multiple users, the studio has said.

It was discovered yesterday by players that the new content, two new multiplayer maps called Liberation and Plazza, could only be tied to one single account.

But Infinity Ward comms head Robert Bowling has said the studio is current working on a solution to the problem, saying the issue was “unintentional”.

“We understand that ELITE Premium Members on Xbox Live who purchased the latest DLC Content Drop for Modern Warfare 3 are unable to access that content while signed into other profiles on the same console that originally downloaded the content,” said Bowling in a statement, received by Joystiq.

“This is unintentional and we will work to get an update out as soon as possible that corrects this issue and allows you to continue to enjoy the new maps.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:53 

well, that's surprising.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 23:31 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Considering I'm supposed to be in Westminster station, and the announcements are all talking about real tube lines, why is the tube map in the station completely made up, including such places as Humped Armadillo Town, and Dobbie High St?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 14:49 

I think TFL didn't give them the rights to publish the correct map.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 15:28 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:

From a distance the map looks real enough - but if you go in close its all made up names

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 18:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bobbyaro wrote:

I thought that, but then it's weird that they actually use the right names of the lines in the announcements, and the layout of the station is pretty good as well. You'd think they would have gone for all real or all fake.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 22:57 
Can you dig it?

Possibly the work experience kid did it for lols.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 16:00 
8-Bit Champion

So the last update switched out the single entry in "community" games from Drop Zone (which was quite fun) to "Infected"

I played a few games of it last night and in general they were okay however some were just a mess

The idea behind infected is that you have a lot of players (18?) on a relativly small map (Dome / Arkaden / Resistance) and everyone has the same basic perk / weapons (typically a set of pistols or a single shotgun) with low ammo.

At random , one person is chosen and becomes the initial infected , each person they kill joins the ranks of the infected and after a short period of time everyone is wiped out (*)

When you become one of the infected you typically switch to a knife only class so have to knife others to infect them.

You get points for remaining 'uninfected' , or for infecting others , and if you get a good group of people together its possible to hold out at some choke points for a little while , or as happened in the first game with Bobby and Riles last night the 'first' person chosen as infected was useless and basically only managed to kill one other person during the whole game.

(*) in one of the games i had last night on Resistance the single sole survivor had jumped via a lampost to the top of one of the newstands and was basically un-catchable as he just had to wait and watch for people making the jumps and could headshot anyone who looked as if they were going to make it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 16:15 
Paws for thought

Sounds like infection from halo, but probably less good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 0:40 
Bad Girl

It's a lot less good. If you're infected you'll have a bloody tough time trying to get anyone whose standing on a raised platform. You get two or three on, say, the mezzanine floor on Dome and you're unstoppable as the infected can't get up the ladders. Shit. I sharn't go back to it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:29 
8-Bit Champion

Ian Fairies wrote:
It's a lot less good. If you're infected you'll have a bloody tough time trying to get anyone whose standing on a raised platform. You get two or three on, say, the mezzanine floor on Dome and you're unstoppable as the infected can't get up the ladders. Shit. I sharn't go back to it.

As an infected single hits dont kill you so you can actually make it up - however you wont get 17 players up there so the trick would be to infect some of the others then rush a ladder at once - some people will die but the overall numbers would go down - also as a non-infected your ammo will get critical quite quickly

I had a good game on Seatown last night where near the end there were about 4 'non' infected left on the little bridge bit round the corner from the C flag and there were just waves of infected hitting us - its at least a decent stab at a hoard mode (although i'd have much preferred a real ZOMBIES mode instead)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:33 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Also, it's a useful way of levelling up at the start of a prestige, as all players are balanced so you don't miss your classes and perks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:06 
Bad Girl

zaphod79 wrote:
Ian Fairies wrote:

As an infected single hits dont kill you so you can actually make it up - however you wont get 17 players up there so the trick would be to infect some of the others then rush a ladder at once - some people will die but the overall numbers would go down

At least 10 games of this last night suggests that you're wrong. On Dome there were people regularly getting MOAB's. You can only get up a ladder one at a time and if the survivors get, say, strikers the infected don't stand a chance. There's fun to be had on some levels but there are some maps that have impenetrable areas.

Only a passing time waster for me.

Now playing Dome on free for all with an excessive amount of javelin use was brilliant fun. 17 javelin kills in one game!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:36 
8-Bit Champion

Ian Fairies wrote:
At least 10 games of this last night suggests that you're wrong. On Dome there were people regularly getting MOAB's. You can only get up a ladder one at a time and if the survivors get, say, strikers the infected don't stand a chance. There's fun to be had on some levels but there are some maps that have impenetrable areas.

It may well depend on both the weapons in use and the people playing - I've only played twice on Dome and once everyone was a Jug (so slow moving) and survivors had LMG's but they were still taken down by sheer numbers (remember there are two ways up onto the ramp) - and the other was the game with Bobby / Riles where the first infected didnt kill anyone :-)

The other example I saw with an area that was hard to get to was on Carbon where there was a group of about 6 survivors ontop of the storage container (so 2 ways up - the barrels at the side or jumping from the ledge) , and although it took a lot of people being killed they were eventually brought down

I'd love them to do some tweeking and get the mode working better but given everything else they have done (and the still appaling lag thats in the game right now) I dont hold out much hope :-(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:31 
8-Bit Champion

Next map drop in 13 days for Elite subs

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/07/mw3s- ... members-o/

Quote:
Call of Duty Elite premium members playing Modern Warfare 3 on Xbox Live will receive the next batch of DLC, Overwatch, on February 21. Overwatch puts players in a construction site at the top of a New York City skyscraper, with a very real chance of dropping 70 feet to the sidewalk as an added risk. If you have trouble visualizing that, check out the gallery below.

The previous batch of downloadable content, Liberation and Piazza, is set to launch on PSN on February 28, having come out on Xbox Live in January, all in accordance with MW3's exclusivity deal with Microsoft. The next three batches of MW3 DLC will drop in March for Xbox premium members and will include the multiplayer map Black Box and two new Special Ops missions, Black Ice and Negotiator.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/ ... 639151.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/ ... 639151.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/ ... 639152.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/ ... 020613.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:42 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

I like piazza. A lot. Central park one not so much as too much camo/lying/sniping. May change my view when I get a class with noobs to take out the boring cunts.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 13:29 
Sleepyhead

When are any of the new maps available to non-Elite peeps?

I still have some Microsoft Moon Money to spend.

Also, I'm gonna be playing on Thursday evening as the wife and child are elsewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 14:28 
8-Bit Champion

Curiosity wrote:
When are any of the new maps available to non-Elite peeps?

Not announced yet - however given they are selling Elite on PS3 and PC and those dont even have the first batch of maps I would not hold my breath :-(

It does seem silly that they are turning down money by not making it available to everyone else within a reasonable amount of time as i'm sure there are plenty of people like you who would plonk down moon money for new maps.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 
8-Bit Champion

So for Elite people the next new map dropped yesterday - played it a few times and it seems okay , smallish but with a lot of height differences and biiiig drops off the sides - however they really do seem to be going out of their way to make this as rubbish as possible for most people.

The New map is only in the Elite playlists (and on Survivor mode) and it only has to show 1 of the new maps for each vote so last night i played two games of other maps while i waited for the new one to show up

None of the new maps is available for normal players yet , so the majority of people (and most of your friends) will still be playing without - therefore you'll probably play without

There is no Elite HC Domination so if i want to play the new maps i end up playing other modes which means the guns are mainly rubbish.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 15:29 
8-Bit Champion

Get to f*cking f*ck !

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Prestige_Mode

Quote:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Prestige Mode returns in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. The player can enter Prestige Mode when they reach the maximum rank of 80. They also gain access to the Prestige Shop. The Prestige Shop requires use of Prestige Tokens which are gained one-by-one after every prestige.

Additional prestige challenges are unlocked for all primary and secondary weapons upon prestiging, as well as a whole new prestige challenge section. These are basically the same as in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, but they are now registering kills done before having prestiged at all.

Do note however, that some prestige challenges - like the XM25's - are bugged and reset when prestiging.

Version 1.5 added 5 more prestiges, but there were 5 additional ones found in local files. Through hacking it is possible to get Prestige 20.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:25 
So they've increased it to 20 now?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:41 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
So they've increased it to 20 now?

No , it was 10 , the last update has increased it now to 15 and someone who's looked inside the files has found that it goes up to 20

I was intending to go up to 10 (i'm near the end of 8) and then probably 'stop' (or at least play a lot less of it) and not sure if i'll bother.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 17:29 
8-Bit Champion

I have no internet at home so cant grab these but news on the new stuff coming out today and the rest of the maps being available to everyone else

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1220542p1.html

Quote:
Taking On Modern Warfare 3's New Spec Ops Missions

Like clockwork, we have another announcement for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Premium Elite Members. Starting Tuesday, March 13th, those who forked over an Elite subscription fee on Xbox 360 can download two Spec Ops missions (Black Ice and Negotiators) and one new map called Black Box.

But this time Xbox players without an Elite subscription can finally access all the current downloadable content. On March 20th all Xbox 360 players can download content drops one through six in a 1200 Microsoft Point bundle. So what does this all mean? You're getting the maps Piazza, Liberation, Overwatch, and Black Box, and Spec Ops missions Black Ice and Negotiators. We're still waiting on a confirmation date for PS3 and PC.

During last week's Game Developer's Conference, I had a chance to try out March's new content starting with the Spec Ops missions.

First up was Black Ice. It kicks off with a snowmobile chase. One person has to drive as quickly as possible to a checkpoint, while the other is on the back, fending off enemies. You then continue on foot into a mine and need to set off explosives. The second player, I noticed, receives the most kills after completion. If you're into beating your friends, let them host this mission.

Captain Price stars in this one, which is something I'm sure hardcore fans will appreciate. Unfortunately, I couldn't shake off a sense of deja-vu -- the location of Black Ice reminded me of the campaign mission where Price and Sandman retrieve the Russian Prime Minister and his Daughter from the mine. But this is probably my own observation; since I've played all the Modern Warfare titles, I always get the strange feeling I've seen things before.

Negotiators, the most difficult of the new Spec Ops missions, is something achievement seekers will keep returning to. This mission has you combing through buildings and village streets, trying to save up to thirty-five hostages. I say trying because there's always a chance you won't save the hostages in time -- and there's plenty of opportunity for friendly-fire. In order to earn an achievement for saving all thirty-five, there's no escaping trial-and-error. It took me eight or nine attempts before I got them all, and that's playing alongside a developer. In terms of difficulty, this reminded me of "Mile High Club" from Modern Warfare 1.

If you're eager to get your hands on the new map Black Box, it really doesn't feel "new" -- unless you've never played Modern Warfare 2. This map is medium in size and I'd compare it to "Enemy of my Enemy" -- with a few houses added in. This map is available in multiplayer and survival mode.

And, if you're subscribed to Elite, expect an update or two in the next coming weeks. If any of you are Will Arnett fans, you'll be happy to hear what's coming soon. Here's a quick breakdown of what to expect:

Clan level max is at 50.
Official clan tag appears in gold letters on XBL.
Elite TV entering season 2. Will Arnett's "N00b Tube" is asking for video submissions.
Elite app for tablet is in progress.
Drop Zone is an online magazine that goes up on Elite at the same time as content drops. It even offers game strategies for your friends to try online.
"Elite 2.0" to focus on in-game integration. More details to come soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 18:34 

zaphod79 wrote:
I have no internet at home.

Ah, I wondered why you haven't been on :(
Is it coincidence you and M0usr lost Internet at the same time?

Reply to topic  [ 560 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next