Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 560 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3 **OFFICIAL TOPIC**
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:04 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

zaphod79 wrote:
Using the Shield is still fun - people dont know what to do and 'slow down' when they meet you - if they are not careful they then get a knife in the face - and they often will simply ignore me if i'm capturing a spot which works out well :-)

A loss overall for my side but (again 1/2 the team left in the closing few minutes) but i love the scores :

Attachment:
Hardhat.jpg

7K 24D? I'd love that return.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:44 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Rudolph's Dick wrote:
7K 24D? I'd love that return.

3rd highest score in the match, above the 29k 16d next highest on my team or people on the other side getting 19k 13d (The others on my team who left near the end who were on 18/18 or similar).

Quite a low number of assists (the shield normally throws up a lot more) , and a lot of my deaths unfortunatly were helicopters on the other side - but i really dont want to either swap out my gun for a launcher to take them down or swap extreme conditioning for Blind eye to avoid them (unlocking the 'speed' perk for the shield makes you about as quick as anyone else) - wondering about the jammer or something like that to avoid them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:23 
Can you dig it?

I had great fun with the shield in the building-site-warehouse-y level (sorry, I don't know the names) with the long sewer pipe. I think I might use it more often. I'm only ever going to get battered playing it seriously as, honestly, I'm pretty shit at this game - so I may as well have a bit of a laugh.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:27 
8-Bit Champion

Sir Taxalot wrote:
I had great fun with the shield in the building-site-warehouse-y level (sorry, I don't know the names) with the long sewer pipe. I think I might use it more often. I'm only ever going to get battered playing it seriously as, honestly, I'm pretty shit at this game - so I may as well have a bit of a laugh.

Hardhat

I have a great video of about a minute from a game of Domination on Bakaara from last night that i'm trying to upload into the theater of me vs a sniper - i saw him , ran most of the length of a map with him shooting at me , slowly advanced , he threw a bouncing betty , i backed off and went to the other side , he decided to turn his back on me and run and I hit him in the head with my knife.

He re-spawned in front of me and we had another little dance and then he got splatted by a AC130 while i went on to capture the point.

Oh and new shield trick , with a shield you can 'defuse' the booby trapped care packages in that if you pick it up , when it buzzes you simply take a step back and the shield absorbs the blast !
(you dont get the item in the package but you dont die either)

I've also switched Perk2 to Blast shield Pro which makes me immune to flashbangs which is a lot of people's go-to-item when they go up against a riot shield.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 23:57 
8-Bit Champion

One of my shield videos is finally showing up on Youtube

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:58 

How did you record it?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:36 
8-Bit Champion

Milk And Cookies wrote:
How did you record it?

It records every game you play , you go into the theatre menu from the main menu and can look back over all your previous games its quite complex to get it somewhere else but the main things are :

Watch and use the tools in the viewer to cut out what you want to record (make sure its less than 30 seconds long)
Upload that to one of your video slots
Select 'render' which will download it again , play it once , and then upload it to both your online vault and youtube if you have linked your youtube account

If you've not linked your youtube account then you can go to Elite online and scroll down your profile until the video section where there should be options to link (my account was already like from BLOPS)

The video tools are a bit basic (the BLOPS ones were better) but the only thing thats actually broken is you can only go into 'first person view' on your own character

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:33 
8-Bit Champion

Details of the last patch (and the buggering up of the Type 95 and the dual FMG9's)

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1214626p1.html

Quote:
Infinity Ward has announced that a new title update is now available for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. According to a forum post by Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling, the update includes the following balance tweaks and bug fixes:

Fire rate normalization for Assault Rifles with undermounts
FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)
Akimbo FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)
Type95 Re-balancing (Nerf) - Reduce hipspread.
Fix for ACR with Red Dot / Shotgun
Fix Type 95 bug related to dropping it.
Fix map exploits on Dome

Bowling also confirmed that more updates are currently in development, including updates to the Spawn system, a fix for the shotgun's extended mags, further "lag compensation" or "host advantage/disadvantage" updates, and more

So the Type95 now requires more bullets to kill (if you run and gun and turn a corner onto someone with virtually any other gun you now lose) , and although they reduced the power of the dual FMG9's every other machine pistol remains untouched (dual Scorpions or dual G18's are just the same / spray out just as many bullets)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:29 
Are people still playing this as Im tempted to purchase it now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:34 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

nickachu wrote:

Yep. We'll probably stop sometime next november though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:36 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:

I'm still playing it (surprise) , over the last few nights i've had games with Bobby / Riles / Curio / Craster so you should be able to get a game - and with Beacons you'll get prompted if anyone elses turns on their system.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 14:32 
8-Bit Champion

New gamemodes being added

http://community.callofduty.com/message ... #106101583

Quote:
Friday, December 16th, we're updating the playlists on Modern Warfare 3 to introduce some new game modes as well as change up some existing ones.

The biggest change you'lll notice is the addition of Community Playlists. This is where we will add popular or unique private match modes to the public playlists, so you can start ranking up on them! The first playlist changes for Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer are listed below:

DROP ZONE

Get to the drop zone to earn points, the first team to 7500 points wins the round, but thats not all. As long as the Drop Zone is occupied, a care package will drop every 15 seconds, which ever team has the most members in the drop zone at that point "owns" the care package, but anyone can steal it. This is the only way to earn air support in this mode, all other pointstreaks are disabled. You'll earn 20 points per team member, for every second they're in the drop zone plus 20 XP individually for your time spent in the zone. Kills are worth 50 XP in this mode.

Custom Settings: Pointstreaks (besides those obtained through in-game care packages) are disabled.

Hardcore HQ Ricochet

We'll be adding Hardcore Headquarters to the Hardcore Team Tactical playlist.

Hardcore Ricochet

We'll be converting all Hardcore modes to Ricochet variant as a response to team killing. This means, any friendly fire, is applied to the attacker, rather than the victim. So choose your shots wisely and any attempt to team kill will simply kill yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 14:52 
Decapodian

Drop Zone sounds like fun.

Also shouldn't Elite members start getting some of the DLC that they were promised by now?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 14:58 
8-Bit Champion

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Drop Zone sounds like fun.

Also shouldn't Elite members start getting some of the DLC that they were promised by now?

Should be 'soon' , not sure about the ricochet modes being added to everything by default but i've read plenty of threads where people start in HC S&D and simply fire a rocket at their feet taking out the whole team for no real penalty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 15:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

That's buuulshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 17:21 
Dropzone is in the custom game modes already.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 
8-Bit Champion

Some DLC news at last

Quote:
As the year draws to a close, we're ready to share news about the premium features and season of digital content coming in 2012. We want you to be the first to know the release date for your first Call of Duty Modern Warfare® 3 ELITE content drop, and our vision to create an incredible nine month season of new Call of Duty®: MW3 content.

Check out a special Roll Call video with guest Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward for exclusive first details on the content you'll be playing in January.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/6555-modern ... x-360.html

Quote:
Infinity Ward has just announced that the very first DLC of Modern Warfare 3 will launch on January 24. The developer also added that the DLC will be available to Call of Duty Elite members on Xbox Live first.

In a Call of Duty Elite video, Robert Bowling said that currently IW, Sledgehammer and Raven are all working on DLC for MW3, and this time around the game will offer more varied DLC to fans as compare to previous games in the franchise.

Bowling said, "The way we're doing downloadable content this year is unlike we've never done before,"

"Not only in how you can get it - in content drops or choose for the collection - but also the type of content you're getting. We're doing more than just maps. We're going to do Spec Ops missions and a variety of things that players have never seen before.

"That's the great thing about having three developers that are contributing to the season of content. You have Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer and Raven all pitching in. The full season of content for Modern Warfare 3 kicks off for Elite subscribers on January 24 on Xbox Live."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 13:22 
Sleepyhead

More Spec Ops! Yay!

If they could make Survival 4 player I might die of joy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 13:23 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

"The way we're doing downloadable content this year is unlike we've never done before,"

So, they have done it before?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 13:25 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Bobbyaro wrote:
"The way we're doing downloadable content this year is unlike we've never done before,"

So, they have done it before?

You do know this probably means pay per map, rather than map packs, at a higher cost per map, don't you?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 13:28 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

yes, because they want people to sign up to elite.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 14:08 

I hired this out just to play through the single player campaign. It was pretty good I thought, easily worth £5.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 14:14 
8-Bit Champion

markg wrote:
I hired this out just to play through the single player campaign. It was pretty good I thought, easily worth £5.

I was very tempted to spam you invites for it since you've been on the last few days but since you were in the single player game I didnt.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 15:01 

Thanks man, though I would probably have declined, unless it was for some co-op. I'm not much into FPSs online, I'm congenitally shit at them and just get more wound up each time I spawn and get head-shotted within moments.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 15:04 
8-Bit Champion

markg wrote:
Thanks man, though I would probably have declined, unless it was for some co-op. I'm not much into FPSs online, I'm congenitally shit at them and just get more wound up each time I spawn and get head-shotted within moments.

This game has a lot of the spawn / die moments (more than a lot of the others) - however there is also the co-op spec missions which are quite good (both for the mission part and for the survival mode)

They definetly add something to the game and avoid the whole 'dealing with idiots online' problem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 15:49 
Decapodian

I've only had one really bad spawn-die-spawn-die game, and that was on Mission where it seemed to just drop me into one of two locations, both of which had a couple of enemies covering it continually plus a sky full of helicopters.

Most games have one or two quick deaths but that was the only one where it felt really unfair.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 16:08 
8-Bit Champion

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
I've only had one really bad spawn-die-spawn-die game, and that was on Mission where it seemed to just drop me into one of two locations, both of which had a couple of enemies covering it continually plus a sky full of helicopters.

Most games have one or two quick deaths but that was the only one where it felt really unfair.

The spawing in the game is still something that i'd consider to currently be 'broken' the worst cases of this are playing Domination on a few of the maps (Mission / Arkaden / Village) where if your team owns one point and the other team has both of the others it will *always* spawn you in the same place , the one that winds me up the most tends to be if you have point A in Village you will always spawn at the back of the caves - there are 3 'exits' to that area which can be camped by the other team so you cant really get out.

Other obvious spawn problems are spawning where you just died , or spawning right under a grenade you've just thrown , or spawning right in front of an enemy etc etc

In the last patch update they have said they are working on the spawn system but the spawns in here seem much more broken than the previous games.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 13:09 
8-Bit Champion

First screens of the new maps

http://www.callofdutymappacks.com/moder ... announced/

Quote:
After much anticipation around the first piece of DLC for Modern Warfare 3, we finally have had some light shed on some details.

In an official statement over on Call of Duty’s Official website, the first DLC for Modern Warfare 3 has has been announced for Xbox 360 CoD Elite Premium members. Release date: 24th January, 2012.

As per usual with all previous DLC / Map Pack releases, they will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 for a month before released onto other platforms. With the added addition of the Call of Duty: Elite service, non-Elite users will get the map pack even later. This basically means there are two levels you need to meet to receive the DLC when it is released, firstly and Xbox 360 with Gold subscription and a Call of Duty: Elite subscription.

The DLC’s will be released later for PC and PS3 but PS3 owners with Elite subscription will get it before non subscribers. Since PC currently does not have the Elite service available it is unclear how this rather confusing release situation is going to work.

“We’re doing more than just maps. We’re going to do Spec Ops missions and a variety of things that players have never seen before.” This is an interesting change since Modern Warfare 3′s experience goes beyond just the standard multiplayer experience, having the ability to offer so much more will be greatly beneficial!

To confirm this, we were informed by the Official MW3 Facebook page: “DLC will feature multiplayer maps, Spec-Ops missions and other content.More info on this coming soon!”

Fourzerotwo at infinity ward has given us a sneak peek at one of the maps that will be included in the first modern warfare 3 map pack called “Park”, check out the pictures below.

The MW3Updates twitter feed has also posted some more images which they have labelled as “unofficial” for some reason but they show off some more maps that could feature and most likely will in the first Modern Warfare 3 DLC / Map Pack.

The maps that have been unofficially released are the following:

Park (Official, possible Central Park in New York)
Overwatch (Seems to be some sort of building sight overlooking Manhattan)
Morningwood (Looks to be a plane crash outside the Estate building in MW2)
Italy (Sort of looks a bit like Favela slums from MW2 but a bit posher!)

From looking at the pictures below its hard to tell much about the maps and whether they have anything to do with the previously teased Nostalgic Map Pack. It’s possible that these maps are based on the ones stated in the Nostalgic list but this seems unlikely! It’s possible a Nostalgic map will make up the 5th map in the pack if there are going to be 5 when it is released on the 24th of January 2012.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 0:20 
8-Bit Champion

I wondered if they had simply turned on double XP for the holidays but no :

Quote:
Thank you for being a Premium member of Call of Duty ELITE. Because you were among the first to join us, we wanted to provide you with a special gift to use in Call of Duty®: MW3 during the holidays: an additional two hours of Double XP and a Prestige Token. It's our way of thanking you for being with us at the beginning, and to wish you a happy holidays.

- Beachhead Studio and the Call of Duty ELITE team

How to redeem your gift:

2 Hours of Double XP: This has been automatically added to your account and will appear the next time you play MW3. To see the amount of Double XP time you have go to "Barracks" in MW3 and look for the gold "XP" icon at the bottom of your player stats.

Prestige Token: This token has been automatically added to your account. Use this token in the Prestige Shop to unlock perks like additional Double XP time, extra custom class slots or more. To use your token select "Barracks" from the MW3 multiplayer menu and then "Prestige Shop" from the MW3 multiplayer menu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 13:17 
8-Bit Champion

Churned through another prestige on this and a few hints if anyone wants them about the quickest way to level up :

Main one is use your secondary weapon and go through each machine pistol.
At the start they are really only for close up (so have extreme conditioning / steady aim) until you hit the akimbo unlock then use them as akimbo - for around 100 kills in total you'll level them up to Lv10 and thats worth 10,000 xp by itself (you'll also get other XP as you go).
Each one is pretty much the same as the others so when you unlock one - use it till its maxed then get ready for the next one.

Other one is something i've mentioned before but still works well is when you unlock Hardline - chose it / support class / UAV / Counter UAV *only* and you'll end up calling in about 15 / 20 a game - that maxes out both the UAV points and the Hardline / Hardline pro goals (you should get those in about 3 or 4 games) which again are worth plenty (you can switch the counter UAV for vests after a game or so and you'll get more XP for people grabbing them)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 13:55 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Hang on - there's a DLC map called Morning Wood?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 14:00 
8-Bit Champion

Craster wrote:
Hang on - there's a DLC map called Morning Wood?

Yes :-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 18:41 
8-Bit Champion

5 kill streak with my riot shield in 27 seconds :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLRS0Iyl ... 3xovzaI7Lm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 13:42 
Excellent Member

zaphod79 wrote:

Good effort lol

How did you capture video?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 13:47 
8-Bit Champion

Ramsea wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

Good effort lol

The game captures it by default but its a bit of a pain to get it anywhere usable.
First thing to do is log into Elite (you dont need to pay for this part of elite) and link a youtube account

From the main multiplayer screen select Vault
Select Theatre
You can then see all your previous games - select one of those and you can then 'watch' it either from your view / from someone else (3rd person only) or from a fixed point
You can use the controls to record sections of the game (it will let you record any amount you want but you can only upload 30 second chunks to youtube to share) then select 'finish' to upload it to one of your online slots
Then go back into the vault section and choose your clip and select render - it will play it , then upload it to your elite page (and also to youtube)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 13:52 
Excellent Member

zaphod79 wrote:
Ramsea wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

Good effort lol

The game captures it by default but its a bit of a pain to get it anywhere usable.
First thing to do is log into Elite (you dont need to pay for this part of elite) and link a youtube account

From the main multiplayer screen select Vault
Select Theatre
You can then see all your previous games - select one of those and you can then 'watch' it either from your view / from someone else (3rd person only) or from a fixed point
You can use the controls to record sections of the game (it will let you record any amount you want but you can only upload 30 second chunks to youtube to share) then select 'finish' to upload it to one of your online slots
Then go back into the vault section and choose your clip and select render - it will play it , then upload it to your elite page (and also to youtube)

Sounds like a bit of a faff but nowhere near as faffy as trying to upload forza videos. Thanks for the explanation :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 22:16 

zaphod79 wrote:
Ramsea wrote:

Snipity Snip

I tryed, but it didnt work :(

In other news, my LIVE was hacked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 22:37 
8-Bit Champion

Cookie wrote:
I tryed, but it didnt work :(

There are a number of tricks along the way - if the 2nd part of your message was not there then i'd ask how far you got and where things got to (BTW the actual thing showing up on youtube is still a bit hit and miss but if it makes it into your Elite fileshare then it will eventually make it onto youtube)

Cookie wrote:
In other news, my LIVE was hacked.

Bugger :-(

So thats you without live for around a month - you should remind everyone else there to change their password to something secure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 13:14 
Sleepyhead

The little feature where you can hear the person you just killed is so awesome when playing on the opposite side as your friends!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 13:41 
Decapodian

Curiosity wrote:
The little feature where you can hear the person you just killed is so awesome when playing on the opposite side as your friends!

Yep, I really liked that, but when it came to a choice between also hearing all the sweary idiots or people who think you want to listen to their rap music on one side and just turning the voice down to zero I went for silence. It's made for a much more pleasant experience. Oh, and I prestiged for the second time yesterday - I really need to back away from it now and play some of the other games in the pile.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 15:12 
8-Bit Champion

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Yep, I really liked that, but when it came to a choice between also hearing all the sweary idiots or people who think you want to listen to their rap music on one side and just turning the voice down to zero I went for silence.

They have made it easier to mute the music or random person quickly in game (press back - scroll to that person and press X) but the problem is that there are real people on there and real people are in general ****'s

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
It's made for a much more pleasant experience. Oh, and I prestiged for the second time yesterday - I really need to back away from it now and play some of the other games in the pile.

Ah , so its you they are timing their new maps for then (24th of Jan for the new stuff).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 16:24 
Sleepyhead

I agree re: annoying people. It's why I only really noticed it this time, because I have 'friends only' chat on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 19:11 
Decapodian

zaphod79 wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
It's made for a much more pleasant experience. Oh, and I prestiged for the second time yesterday - I really need to back away from it now and play some of the other games in the pile.

Ah , so its you they are timing their new maps for then (24th of Jan for the new stuff).

It would be the ideal timing to reel me back in, if I wasn't a ps3 user without Elite, so I have no idea when they will be available to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 15:43 
8-Bit Champion

The Elite app for IOS is now live

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/call-of- ... 88381?mt=8

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/10/psa-c ... available/

Quote:
As promised, the Call of Duty Elite app for iOS is now available via the iTunes App Store, and just like its console counterpart, it's totally free. The Elite app offers a chance for Modern Warfare 3 players to track stats, player progression, revisit past matches, and a variety of other services, though we're told it's all the more thrilling if you're paying for the annual Elite subscription. The application is expected to arrive on Android devices next week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:52 
8-Bit Champion

Hmmmmmm

Quote:
The Call of Duty®: MW3 content season kicks off this month first on Xbox LIVE delivering a variety of brand new content every month over the next 9 months for Call of Duty ELITE premium members. Published by Activision, the developers from Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 13:59 
Decapodian

The two new maps look great, but I'm not sure how this "season of content" thing will work for non-elite members...
Will we still be able to buy map packs and when?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 14:35 
8-Bit Champion

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
The two new maps look great, but I'm not sure how this "season of content" thing will work for non-elite members...

No idea - also what was the point of paying for a 'years subscription' to Elite , and them extending it by a month because of all the hassles if they are only starting content now at the end of Jan , and are promising '9' packs (which takes you to August)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 14:37 
UltraMod

If there's something I've learnt over the last few months, it's never to buy season passes. DLC is like a box of chocolates: some of it is shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 17:55 

zaphod79 wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

No idea - also what was the point of paying for a 'years subscription' to Elite , and them extending it by a month because of all the hassles if they are only starting content now at the end of Jan , and are promising '9' packs (which takes you to August)

If they're all like this, 18 maps. About 4 Black Ops map packs (4MP+1Z)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 0:01 
Rude Belittler

Game mode of champions : Hardcore Kill Confirmed.

Reply to topic  [ 560 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next