Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 560 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3 **OFFICIAL TOPIC**
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 23:08 
Paws for thought

Curiosity wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
I just read the 'plot'.

Not even Hollywood at its most putrid could come up with something as ridiculously stinkingly stenchsome as that.

You have clearly not watched or read about very many films. Or video games. Or, indeed, books.

I don't tend to watch films that are written as if by a hyperactive child, you're quite right.

Because they're rather crap.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 23:20 
Sleepyhead

Mr Dave wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
I just read the 'plot'.

Not even Hollywood at its most putrid could come up with something as ridiculously stinkingly stenchsome as that.

You have clearly not watched or read about very many films. Or video games. Or, indeed, books.

I don't tend to watch films that are written as if by a hyperactive child, you're quite right.

Because they're rather crap.

So you're admitting you know nothing about Hollywood films (or indeed video game plots) and are wrong?

Glad to hear it.

:DD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:47 
Excellent Member

After what transpired to be a very brief, almost cameo-like appearance, playing MW3 with some of the guys has got be back on beex after years in the wilderness.

... and it really is all Gill's fault!!

As for the game, enjoyed the campaign but, atrocious shot though I am, yeh really do buy it for multiplayer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:02 
Ready for action

So far, I have played multiplayer four times longer than I played single player. But, I really enjoyed single player and I will return to it to do it again on veteran.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:45 
UltraMod

Ian Fairies wrote:
Just trying the campaign

STOP IT! See a doctor! :DD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:51 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

After no posts for around a week (yeah he's only the community manager what would be the point during the game launch) there are 2 new tweeks from Robert Bowling (@fourzerotwo) asking for people to report cheaters and that they are taking action (personally i think they need some quick fixes in place to sort out the rubbish with the clan tags and the broken bits in maps)

Quote:
Any attempt to cheat, hack, or glitch in #MW3 will not be tolerated. 1600+ bans issued. Updates in works. Please cont. to report offenders.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 13:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

1600! Crikey.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 13:07 

Craster wrote:
1600! Crikey.
Out of how many tens of millions of copies sold? Given that people here are seeing glitching in something like half of the games they play online (?), I'd say 1600 can't have scratched the surface.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 13:09 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Even so, that's still a lot of people to be actively banning.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 13:20 
8-Bit Champion

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Craster wrote:
1600! Crikey.
Out of how many tens of millions of copies sold? Given that people here are seeing glitching in something like half of the games they play online (?), I'd say 1600 can't have scratched the surface.

There were reports that on launch day there were around 3.5 million connections to the game 1600 is a tiny amount however it depends what glitches your talking about - I've only came across the glitches in Outpost once (although i now avoid that map) the clan tags using special characters i'd say are in *every* lobby right now :-(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 13:32 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

If every monumental cock that had hacked their clan tag got banned from Live, the world would taste much sweeter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 13:47 
UltraMod

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
If every monumental cock that had hacked their clan tag got banned from Live, the world would taste much sweeter.

There would also only be about 100 Call of Duty players left, though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 15:17 
Excellent Member

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

I really don't see this as much of an issue. Its not like they are using offensive symbols or anything. They're basically just using symbols that look like Xbox controller buttons.

Map exploits tho, these should be fixed as soon as they become apparent.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 15:21 
8-Bit Champion

Ramsea wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

I really don't see this as much of an issue. Its not like they are using offensive symbols or anything. They're basically just using symbols that look like Xbox controller buttons.

Map exploits tho, these should be fixed as soon as they become apparent.

The majority of the ones i've seen are either FART or BALLS - its very childish however it does mean if that person is on your team those icons block a larger amount of your view (and they *block* your view rather than the regular names which are more transparent)

I agree its a much more minor issue than the map problems (i've also seen posts of people modding to 10th prestige already and I want that type of stuff sorted out before it gets to the stage we currently have on COD4 and 5 which are unplayable online)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 16:16 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

I guess it is this they are referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1O6lj8v4YQ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 19:27 
Rude Belittler

*sigh* I've got this. I have never been less excited for a game ever. (note: its a late birthday present)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 19:59 
UltraMod

Pundabaya wrote:
*sigh* I've got this. I have never been less excited for a game ever. (note: its a late birthday present)

You should definitely play it lots!

(so I can overtake you on the BF3 leaderboards)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 20:37 
Rude Belittler

Ah padawan, you know not the power of the 'jihadi jeep' nor the 'flying javelin'.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 22:56 
Bad Girl

How come Resi 5 gets lamblasted for RACIALIZM!!!!1!!!!!11!!! but no one has moaned about the two levels where a small group of white men have shot hundreds of black people with wilful abandon.

Anyhoo.

The campaign is infinitely tedious in the main, shooting enemies at a distance through an ACOG scope until something good happens. And when it does you're along for the ride and all is forgiven. It's a roller coaster of a ride - not because it's thrilling but because there's one or two highs but mainly the game is coasting along empty track. But those high points are great even though they don't last long - the turbulence level is brilliant, but it soon turns into a shoot out in an open yard for example.

It's easy to forgive its retread of MW2 even if it's lost sight of what made MW's campaign so memorable. It's almost gone back to the WW2 days trying to reproduce the spectacle of a big war when what it really needs is a more personal small scale battle that MW pulled off with ease and made us all love CoD again.

Say what you will about the draw of the multiplayer game but when MW propelled the franchise into the stratosphere it was the campaign people remembered first.

I'm only onto Act 2 but so far it's interesting enough to keep going and I can't wait to see what happens... I've just got to keep trudging through the laborious long distance shooting. Tch.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:21 
8-Bit Champion

Well 1 prestige down and now i may go and try the single player.

I used my token to unlock "Assassin" as i thought it was one of the higher up perks that would take a long time to get back to - it makes it available from level 4(?) when you have your custom classes but you dont get pro you still need to do the unlocks for it - for the guns it looks as if you could select a gun to unlock but again you only get the base gun (so you still need to unlock the attachments) but since the main guns i used were the UMP45 and the SKAR they are basically around from the start.

(other things i considered were Hardline but its quite an early perk and Dead Silence)

Reading up on it once you've unlocked something like that once it will be available in all future prestiges (so if your unlocking perks then by about the 3rd one round you'll have the main stuff already)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:43 
Excellent Member

I really like this idea with the prestige unlocks:

dead silence - Claymore - AK47 this path I will follow!

......well maybe not in that order in hardcore bouncing bettys are as good and the ak47 is fun cause I collect AK47s ho hum

choices choices :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 14:10 
8-Bit Champion

Terrypantsman wrote:
I really like this idea with the prestige unlocks:

dead silence - Claymore - AK47 this path I will follow!

......well maybe not in that order in hardcore bouncing bettys are as good and the ak47 is fun cause I collect AK47s ho hum

choices choices :)

I really didnt think much of the AK as my stat page shows (will check when i can get back into Elite) - near the end i stumbled across the Type 95 which seems to be a bit of an overpowered gun , the 3 round burst can be annoyingly slow at times but its pretty much a definite kill , and adding rapid fire makes it amazing.

In previous games I was pretty much a Claymore person , but i have had much more success with the Bouncing Bettys on this - so much so that when i unlocked Claymores i used them for one or two rounds and then went back to BB's instead

Weapons :

Attachment:
weapons.png

Equipment :

Attachment:
equip.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 
Excellent Member

Yes I think your right.

Just switched back to the Betty much more freedom on placement.

managed to avoided having my face removed by a Betty last night - Hear the ching hit dirt fast - lie down with B button quick press and proceed unharmed!

The AK is odd it feels like it should be more powerful than it is. Trying to avoid using the ACR and the type 95 carry handle really annoys me for some reason.

Something about the room on screen clutter reduction I suspect - I only use iron sights which is why I love the M4 , SCAR H and the half moon AK47.

Hate Holographic. And the ACOG being a laser reticle rather than a fine black cross is really pissing me off.

Normally I would be in love with the M16 as a 3 round burst but they really seem to of fucked it up in this.

enjoying this more but still want bigger maps.

And I HATE pistols being held in 1 hand it really annoys me - desperate to get tactical knife for the 5/7.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 21:19 
Rude Belittler

(the vast majority of) ACOGS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 22:03 
Excellent Member

Pundabaya wrote:
(the vast majority of) ACOGS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY.

sorry not sure I understand your meaning of which is wrong laser reticle or black cross?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 22:30 
Sleepyhead

He means they aren't electronic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 23:34 
Excellent Member

Curiosity wrote:
He means they aren't electronic.

ok so no laser icon in real life, fair enough, however its a game.

I'm just annoyed that in the Game we have - red dot, holographic and ACOG for the assault rifles and now they ALL have a red laser icon. In all the other COD games ACOG is a fine black sharp cross. This is far less distracting against a detailed backdrop you are focusing on than a bright red line.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:02 
Rude Belittler

ACOGs use Tritium or a nifty fibre optic light pipe for their illumination. The point being hit by an EMP would do very little to the majority of ACOG scopes out there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:36 
8-Bit Champion

MW3 trailer remade in Lego

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 13:56 
Excellent Member

that's really funny. :)

finished the single player. I hate the ending - what a disappointing bag of shite.

I was expecting an explosive ending i.e. Halo CE and "...the horse you road in on" or at least A "No fighting in the war room"

I have loved the trilogy but the ending levels are such a let down after some of the best level designs in the FPS hall of fame:

Ghillies in the mist - The Gulag - No rest for the Wary (despite the dodgy snowmobile jump)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 23:54 
Sleepyhead

I'm one level from the end :(

Must say, thought it started brilliantly, but has tailed off a fair bit. Lots of attempts to recreate the tension of the Pripyat level from MW1 without close to the same amount of tension.

Still a good game, but not as spectacular as I had hoped, though you can see they tried.

Spec Ops and multiplayer rule, though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 20:54 
8-Bit Champion

The climb from level 70 to 80 is soooo slow - however a few games today and i've gotten more than one round over SDG and Ramsea - and my 1000'th kill with the type95 for 20,000xp

Attachment:
IMG_0460.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 22:52 
Decapodian

I prestiged early on Saturday morning and I'm already back up to 35 with not too much play. Being able to use a prestige credit to unlock some of the guns straight away is very handy - the mp7 isn't quite as nice as the pp90 but beats the ones you normally start with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:09 
Bad Girl

I read today that there games in the private match multiplayer of a Halo-variety, like, everyone is a jugganaut and stuff. I wonder if anyone noticed or had tried them ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:19 
8-Bit Champion

Ian Fairies wrote:
I read today that there games in the private match multiplayer of a Halo-variety, like, everyone is a jugganaut and stuff. I wonder if anyone noticed or had tried them ?

There are also a variant of Gun game and one in the chamber , however they are private match only things :-(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:11 

We played a few of them a couple of weeks ago. The british bulldog infected game was not very good, and the other one was okay.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:24 
Bad Girl

That's what I meant, Gun Game and some of the other Blops ones! Seems strange that's only for private matches and also strange that it's had little or no coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 13:26 

Probably because it wasn't meant to be in, but someone forgot to take it out. They'll probably remove it in the next patch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 13:29 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
Probably because it wasn't meant to be in, but someone forgot to take it out. They'll probably remove it in the next patch.

What they need to do is add the online part to it :-(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 14:25 

They are removing that in the patch after.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 13:30 
Ok so playing bobbys copy of this it is basically more of the same. But still fun and frustrating at the same time.
Pros: Split screen.
Cons: No diving.

That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 21:30 

nickachu wrote:
Ok so playing bobbys copy of this it is basically more of the same. But still fun and frustrating at the same time.
Pros: Split screen.
Cons: No diving.

That is all.

Your Face has no diving.
Are you enjoying it though? Thats the main thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 21:45 
Sleepyhead

I love it. The killstreaks set-up is done really well.

Had a game of Domination the other night where I managed to get an Advanced UAV, a Stealth Bomber, an EMP... and then back around to another Advanced UAV and another Stealth Bomber.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:14 
The most fun bits is playing with other beexers. It's exactly the same gameplay as Mw2 which is a let down. I wiah I had more time on it to play more of the spec ops as I've hardly touched that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 18:37 
Sleepyhead

nickachu wrote:
The most fun bits is playing with other beexers. It's exactly the same gameplay as Mw2 which is a let down. I wiah I had more time on it to play more of the spec ops as I've hardly touched that.

The ones I have played are a lot of fun. Especially the one where you're a Juggernaut. The Survival thing could be excellent, but it takes a long time to play and could do with being 4 players. It has good different rounds though, and bases dotted around where you can buy killstreaks, extra armour, guns, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:44 
8-Bit Champion

Two quick tips for guns and classes

We were playing a game of S&D on Friday when someone (I think Jen?) asked about the last player using dual weild FMG9's
Since these are unlocked from the start and get to Akimbo quite easily they are a really good secondary weapon , especially if your quick moving you dont really bother too much about aiming you just point and spray - really high fire rate and they can take down most people quickly at close / medium range - tend to work best if you have steady aim pro as well

Riot shields are not as powerful as they were in MW2 but i think i've finally got a class that works well for them :

Primary : UMP with range and rapid fire
2nd Primary : Riot shield
Tactical : Smoke
Lethal : Knife
Perks : Extreme conditioning / Overkill / Dead Silence

You have a decent ranged / close up gun in the UMP - can switch reasonably quickly to the Riot shield for defence and the Knife works really well with it as theres no 'load' time and you can retrieve it - I also like going prone with the riot shield 'not active' as it makes it hard to be shot from a distance and protects you from a lot of air support (very interesting taking a domination point like that with their helicopter overhead shooting at me and rattling off the riot shield on my back) - dead silence does mean you get to sneek up on a lot of people who dont notice your there until your throwing the knife or smacking them with your shield :-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 16:10 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

I may be able to play this again now that the child and wife have stopped dying.

However, I'm out today and tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 0:56 
8-Bit Champion

Using the Shield is still fun - people dont know what to do and 'slow down' when they meet you - if they are not careful they then get a knife in the face - and they often will simply ignore me if i'm capturing a spot which works out well :-)

A loss overall for my side but (again 1/2 the team left in the closing few minutes) but i love the scores :

Attachment:
Hardhat.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:02 
Bad Girl

Bloody hell. Don't tell Myps, he'll end up getting this and you'll never hear the last of his whining! Now delete your post and we'll pretend you only get rewarded for killing folk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:38 
UltraMod

No.

Reply to topic  [ 560 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next