Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 2918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
 Post subject: Re: Dark Souls
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 17:29 
Bad Girl

Now I’m cursed. FFS. I forgot how annoying those frog fuckers are. The combat is sooo slow I couldn’t get out the sodding way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 21:17 
Bad Girl

4 and a half hours in and I’ve entered Blightown already. No sign of any slow down; it’s a pretty nice remaster but there’s some graphical glitches I can’t remember in the original, but I suppose they could have been there. Surely they’d iron that shit out though...?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 17:43 
Bad Girl

9.28 hours and I’ve got the Lord Vessel. I didn’t fancy Orstein and his mate so I thought I’d have a bit of jolly cooperation and thrash them. Which we did.

But, by god, was the approach difficult on your own. Anor Londo is one of those great gaming experiences you have to do yourself from the initial cutscene to the absolute gits who inhabit that area. The level design is fantastic, the scenery evocative and the fights are the most cunty in gaming history. Gaming at its finest. And worst, depending on your perspective.

... I died three times to the bow men.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:46 
Bad Girl

Seath the Scaleless can fucking curse you? Since when? I get cursed in the unbeatable fight and was suck in the Archives with half health and no more two hits away from death at any one time. Then I was forced to fight my way out of the Archives in the same fashion up and down those stairs with fucking arrows up my arse and one hit kills from the bishops laser beams that never fucking stop.

And the Crystal Caves? Man alive, what an area. A cock smoking area. Death drops and enemies that can swipe you off death drops and everyone will follow you for fucking miles. And then a sodding clam followed me into the boss area somehow. And then I got cursed. Motherfucker.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:58 
Paws for thought

Satsuma wrote:
Seath the Scaleless can fucking curse you? Since when? I get cursed in the unbeatable fight and was suck in the Archives with half health and no more two hits away from death at any one time. Then I was forced to fight my way out of the Archives in the same fashion up and down those stairs with fucking arrows up my arse and one hit kills from the bishops laser beams that never fucking stop.

And the Crystal Caves? Man alive, what an area. A cock smoking area. Death drops and enemies that can swipe you off death drops and everyone will follow you for fucking miles. And then a sodding clam followed me into the boss area somehow. And then I got cursed. Motherfucker.

Since always.The amount of cursed people hanging around that area is the hint.

Dying before you can get cursed is a good thing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 13:52 
Bad Girl

I didn’t see any hanging about.

I did see that crystal guy just before the first encounter ... it’s a unique enemy that never pops up again and he’s completely ineffective. Weird.

And the placement of crystal monsters outside the caves is weird too. Just three fuckers in a corner for no reason. I mean, the game’s amazing but the second half of the game sure is a bit patchy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 15:02 
Paws for thought

Huh, odd, both rooms are usually stuffed with spiky cursed dead people, even when offline.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 16:29 
Bad Girl

Second one had a couple, didn’t see any in the first room.

He dead now anyway. Can’t decide which boss to tackle next - don’t want to do the dinosaurs or the ghosts so probably Nito.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 17:58 
Bad Girl

Killed Pinwheel, climbed out his coffin and immediately fell off a cliff, as I was falling to my death Tomb of the Giants popped up. As good a welcome as you can expect from Dark Souls.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 16:01 
Bad Girl

I don’t understand this Lost Izalith post-patch area. Before, the dinosaur legs would harass you immediately but now they’re nerfed so intensely that they just sit there and the whole area has zero combat. I only triggered one of the Dino legs to see what they did and made it to the bonfire without any serious fight. What an odd area it’s become.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:52 
Paws for thought

usually i just skip the entire area anyway.just spend the humanity to take the other route in. I think in the 6 playthroughs I've done which reach that point, only didn't do it once (On my first time through ng+, fact fans) which made Gywn much harder.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:24 
Bad Girl

Look at this tedious dick who came rocking up with the meme sword*. And he doesn’t even wait to clear out the enemies for a duel, he just wants to fuck me over. Little did he know I had a plan for that garbage.

*The Claymore basically just stun-locks you until the users stamina runs out or you die.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 13:09 
Bad Girl

Remember when this used to take 20+ attempts and was challenging? Now I just stand in front of him and chug some booze.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 13:11 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I thought hitting the flask was a no-no?

Smart to use the trees, though :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 14:34 
Bad Girl

The best etiquette would be to wait for your opponent to finish clearing the enemies and then give them a waggle of the shield or a bow to let them know you’re ready to duel. Then chugging wouldn’t be allowed, but if someone rocks up and starts being a dick then it’s go time and you can do whatever you want. This guy was clearly being a dick and wanted an easy kill with his twatty Claymore.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 15:11 
What-ho, chaps!

Quote:
usually i just skip the entire area anyway.just spend the humanity to take the other route in. I think in the 6 playthroughs I've done which reach that point, only didn't do it once (On my first time through ng+, fact fans) which made Gywn much harder.

Yeah I thought that area had somehow become deactivated because I'd used the secret passage and gone through it backwards. When I went back there and saw there was a whole lava place with creatures I wondered if it was even finished.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 15:41 
Prince of Fops

Satsuma wrote:
The best etiquette would be to wait for your opponent to finish clearing the enemies and then give them a waggle of the shield or a bow to let them know you’re ready to duel. Then chugging wouldn’t be allowed, but if someone rocks up and starts being a dick then it’s go time and you can do whatever you want. This guy was clearly being a dick and wanted an easy kill with his twatty Claymore.

The use of the trees was a genius piece of improvisation (?), but why weren't you attacking much/at all.

Disclaimer, I've never made it more than 30 minutes into dark souls.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 16:07 
Bad Girl

I was just trying to space him out, time my attacks and maintain my stamina. The halberd has a good range and if I catch him at the very end of poke the animation pushes me back slightly so I keep out of range. The trees are there to stop him swinging side to side cause he’ll just stun-lock me to death and I can just jab at him between them.

It’s not my first time invading/being invaded in the basin. Combat in DS is surprisingly tactical!

Reply to topic  [ 2918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59