Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 6881 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 18:37 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10271
DavPaz wrote:
Mimi wrote:
That’s such bad news. Hopefully the symptoms are turning a corner. Hopefully you’ll be able to make it up by extending Christmas a few more days when you’re back.

Aran is such a beautiful name.

And such beautiful sweaters


She'll be fine, just praying for a short convalescence and not some extended nightmare. She's been so looking forward to getting off work because she utterly, utterly despises her job and then this happens pretty much straight away. I think the feeling of "the time off I've been so looking forward to is being burned out from under me" was very much the root of how upset she was today.

And it's weird actually, there's like three specifically Aran sweater selling shops appeared in Glasgow since we started going out. It's become a running joke obviously.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 15:28 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34867
Back down to one support technician for the whole university today. Hope nothing important comes up while I'm unblocking a paper jam or switching on a projector for an overeducated moron.

But seriously. One fucking support technician for hundreds of staff and thousands of students. How the fuck has this been allowed to happen!?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 15:33 
User avatar
Soopah red DS

Joined: 2nd Jun, 2008
Posts: 2044
DavPaz wrote:
Back down to one support technician for the whole university today. Hope nothing important comes up while I'm unblocking a paper jam or switching on a projector for an overeducated moron.

But seriously. One fucking support technician for hundreds of staff and thousands of students. How the fuck has this been allowed to happen!?


Is it going to get worse? Kent are planning to lay off 4-500 people, do you have the same axe hanging over you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 15:40 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34867
JBR wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Back down to one support technician for the whole university today. Hope nothing important comes up while I'm unblocking a paper jam or switching on a projector for an overeducated moron.

But seriously. One fucking support technician for hundreds of staff and thousands of students. How the fuck has this been allowed to happen!?


Is it going to get worse? Kent are planning to lay off 4-500 people, do you have the same axe hanging over you?

I don't think so. We technically have a budget surplus but the VC is holding onto it until the tuition fees review takes place. If the fees are cut then we might start to see some severe cutbacks.

Our staffing problems have been caused by a combination of long-term sickness, family issues and a director who's managed to alienate some staff enough for them to jump ship. I'm staying outwardly positive but things are starting to suffer. FUN TIMES


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 22:22 
User avatar
Soopah red DS

Joined: 2nd Jun, 2008
Posts: 2044
That's still not good, but long term might not be as bad. Fingers crossed for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:07 
User avatar
Sitting balls-back folder

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9095
This is particularly morbid, so probably don't read it.


My step dad died today. I can't get the smell of death off me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:02 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34867
Mate, I'm so sorry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:20 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20127
So sorry to hear that. Hopefully when the immediacy passes that feeling will fade x

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:21 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14237
Location: Oxford
Deepest sympathies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:16 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45124
Location: The erogenous zone
Sorry to hear this, sympathies to you and your family, Bik.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:52 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44809
Location: West Yorkshire
Sorry to hear of that, mate

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:55 
User avatar
Excellent Painter

Joined: 30th Apr, 2008
Posts: 6703
Location: Behind you
Sorry to hear that

_________________
twitter || website
Malibu Stacy. Everybody's favourite back seat driver


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 13:29 
User avatar
Sitting balls-back folder

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9095
Thanks everyone.

Sorry about Drink And Interneting on you all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 14:40 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10271
Fucking shit cunts. I move out of my flat in four weeks--all being well--and I'm leaving the white goods because fuck it and because the buyer requested them. So what happens literally two minutes ago? Part way through a spin cycle my previously problem-free washing machine starts making the most horrendous noise and I'm pretty sure something's come loose inside it. The worst thing is that my kitchen is tiny and it's wedged into a corner so I'll need to take one of the kitchen units out even for someone to look at it. And if it's properly fucked I'll need to buy a new washing machine for the sake of about the last three weeks in this place.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 15:17 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31998
Couldn't you just use laundrapp or something for the last few weeks, and tell the buyer "it broke" and if they bend your arm give them a few quid compensation?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 15:38 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 66492
Location: Your Mum
Or get a second hand one.

If you're lucky you left a bolt in some pocket or something.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 16:21 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10271
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Couldn't you just use laundrapp or something for the last few weeks, and tell the buyer "it broke" and if they bend your arm give them a few quid compensation?


Working white goods are part of the offer they made so they'd 100% absolutely come back to me the instant they found out and then it's all hassle through lawyers; who needs that? I've got a mate coming round to look at it--though given the bits of melted looking plastic that were in with the clothes when I emptied it I suspect it's very fucked--and worst case scenario Argos will apparently deliver and fit a new one, and take the old one away, for a few hundred quid. Not ideal, but not horrendous either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 16:22 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31998
As a buyer, if you told me this and gave me the choice, I'd say "sure, it's not worth anything anyway, give me a few hundred quid and I'll buy a nice one of my own choosing instead of inheriting yours." I don't think you have anything to lose by asking them. Just say "the bloody machine's broke, I'm happy to replace it if you want or would you rather source one of your own?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 16:23 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 52781
Location: Liberty City
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
As a buyer, if you told me this and gave me the choice, I'd say "sure, it's not worth anything anyway, give me a few hundred quid and I'll buy a nice one of my own choosing instead of inheriting yours." I don't think you have anything to lose by asking them. Just say "the bloody machine's broke, I'm happy to replace it if you want or would you rather source one of your own?"

Very much this.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 16:32 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10271
See I kind of thought I'd be more in control if I bought a replacement myself as then I can get the cheapest one possible, no? If I ask them the question they might come back wanting money for something pricier and then we're off to the races.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 16:38 
User avatar
ugvm'er at heart...

Joined: 4th Mar, 2010
Posts: 20663
"had to pour one out for the washer yesterday, homie. It's gon cost man 200 bucks to get a new one, you down wid that, or you just want the green, blood?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 17:12 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 12330
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
Bamba wrote:
See I kind of thought I'd be more in control if I bought a replacement myself as then I can get the cheapest one possible, no? If I ask them the question they might come back wanting money for something pricier and then we're off to the races.

Presumably they're only entitled to a machine that is of a similar value to the one that you've got in there at the moment, as that's what they saw and agreed to.

No harm in asking 'em anyway, better that than ending up a few hundred quid out of pocket unnecessarily.

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 17:13 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 52781
Location: Liberty City
The owner of my last flat left a shitty cheap washer that I immediately removed and replaced with something better. You might be just throwing money away.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 18:33 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44809
Location: West Yorkshire
My left ball has been swollen and painful since sunday. I think I wore the wrong underpants when I went for a run or something.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 19:24 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 12330
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
MaliA wrote:
My left ball has been swollen and painful since sunday. I think I wore the wrong underpants when I went for a run or something.

Get it checked over. You don’t want testicular torsion...

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 19:30 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12505
I had that.

You don’t want that.

Now my ball is sown to my bag.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 21:46 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15118
Location: Parts unknown
Satsuma wrote:
I had that.

You don’t want that.

Now my ball is sown to my bag.


Bag for life?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 22:52 
User avatar
Excellent Painter

Joined: 30th Apr, 2008
Posts: 6703
Location: Behind you
I’m in Wales for the week at my mothers. I’m here to fix the leaking garage roof. The roof is 7m x 7m and whoever did it last just painted it with tar. I can fix this but it will be tedious for many reasons I won’t bore you with.
The NAY is I forgot to bring my Switch!

_________________
twitter || website
Malibu Stacy. Everybody's favourite back seat driver


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 17:35 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44809
Location: West Yorkshire
GazChap wrote:
MaliA wrote:
My left ball has been swollen and painful since sunday. I think I wore the wrong underpants when I went for a run or something.

Get it checked over. You don’t want testicular torsion...


Well, I had a slightly better Monday morning than the doctor did. She has referred me.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:57 
User avatar
sneering elitist

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 2224
Location: Broseley
Just found out a chap I've known on twitter for years has taken his own life AND grumpy cat has died.

Shit day. :(

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 13:06 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20127
Jem wrote:
Just found out a chap I've known on twitter for years has taken his own life AND grumpy cat has died.

Shit day. :(

So sorry, Jem. That’s a difficult and shocking thing to find out about a friend. Saw the grumpy cat story, too.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 6881 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.