Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 7441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'NAY!' Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 19:25 
Excellent Member

I hope he will feel comfortable at the hospice
I have obviously sad, but also very good and grateful memories from a few family members of hospice and care places

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 13:02 
Isn't that lovely?

When did wasp stings become so painful? I must have been stung by about a dozen wasps in my life, (granted I think the last one before today was about 25 years ago), but this feels like I've been cut and someone has poured salt on the wound!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 13:07 
ugvm'er at heart...

18th December 2007, when the wasp and hornet council held a referendum, "more painful" won in a shock result, much to the chagrin of the underrepresented bee contingent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 13:15 
Isn't that lovely?

Trooper wrote:
18th December 2007, when the wasp and hornet council held a referendum, "more painful" won in a shock result, much to the chagrin of the underrepresented bee contingent.

Bastards!

I think it's slightly ironic, that I had no idea that the wasp was there, it just landed on my ankle as I was walking and then I felt a sharp pain, looked down and there it was. I must have caught about 100 wasps over the past 20 years or so and released them out the window without being stung once. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 14:13 
Sleepyhead

Malc wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Bastards!

I think it's slightly ironic, that I had no idea that the wasp was there, it just landed on my ankle as I was walking and then I felt a sharp pain, looked down and there it was. I must have caught about 100 wasps over the past 20 years or so and released them out the window without being stung once. :(

Clearly the only correct thing to do to a wasp is kill it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 14:30 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Malc wrote:
Trooper wrote:

Bastards!

Well that's your problem right there. Appeasement never works.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 15:49 
Excellent Painter

I’ve been stung a few times by wasps and it rarely hurts. I wonder if it was a juvenile wasp, thinking that many things with nasty stings or venomous bites tend to be more powerful when they’re younger?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 15:54 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Recent political trends seem to suggest that the venom is more concentrated in the older generation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 15:54 
Isn't that lovely?

The pain was dying down to merely annoying levels, but I've just done the school run ( a brisk 2 mile walk) and now it's stinging once more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 15:58 

https://twitter.com/cmgaldre/status/1015863541813817344

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 19:22 
Esoteric

Just went to the kitchen to get a drink. Hit light switch *BANG* Then I noticed the puddle.

And that the light is falling off the ceiling.

To add to all of the lovely mould I am now the proud owner of.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 19:37 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

I’ve lost track of which residence this is. Please confirm.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 19:42 
Excellent Member

How come your landlord isn't sorting this out, in everyone's interest surely?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 19:55 
Esoteric

I have a feeling something is going on. Like, her being on the verge of financial collapse or something. For all I know she could have bailiffs after her, let alone the other way around..

I've had issues with her for about two years now. Right from the moment that she told us (at the time it was us) that she was selling the place. This was totally in the face of what she told us when we moved in, hence why at the time I put a lot of work into that kitchen as it was a *complete* hovel when we moved in. The duck egg wall you see there did not exist, just wet black brick she was supposedly getting fixed. About four years ago.. It never happened, so I wrapped the awful broken 80s kitchen and put up a false wall and repainted it all. At least it was liveable.

Any way, there are multiple other issues. Dodgy wiring, dangerous carpets (trip hazards) broken carbon monoxide detector etc. I reported it all to her, she ignored me. Then she sends me a text (yeah, a text, no letter or what not) telling me she wants another £60 a month rent. I refuse, that was the last time we spoke.

You're totally right. Her ignorance will be costing her thousands. Thing is? I have a feeling that she doesn't care because she's fucked. What other idiot would pay £130k for a flat, walk away and let it fall down? I have this weird feeling that it is only a matter of time* before I start seeing red "Delivered by hand" letters arriving here in her name.

* I am onto social services and ES tomorrow. As soon as they see the kitchen? yeah, I think I will be immediately made homeless.

Oh yeah. I spoke to the dude who owns the top flat and he said he is still chasing her for the two grand to paint the outside (that the council forced). He is nearly at the bailiff stage himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 20:12 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Don’t you live at your mums now?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 20:56 
Gogmagog

I thought you were at your mums.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 21:09 
Bad Girl

Are you at your mums?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 21:10 
UltraMod

I'm at your mum's right now

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 21:11 
Gogmagog

Lonewolves wrote:

Queue must be long then if you have time to post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 21:13 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Nah, he's already done.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 21:19 
Gogmagog

Grim... wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Nah, he's already done.

Been done, more like

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 21:55 
Esoteric

Nah not at mum's. I have my old room set up with a PC etc for when I am really not well.

We've talked about it and basically even though I need to go there a bit the fact is she won't be around forever, and thus I do need to continue on. If I rely on her (which I did until about 5 years ago) I will be double screwed when she's no longer here. I'm still waiting to be evicted from here tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 23:06 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Why don’t you move out?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 23:27 
Esoteric

KovacsC wrote:
Why don’t you move out?

I can't. Too late to type it up now, but I will explain it tomorrow if I remember :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:39 

JohnCoffey wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Why don’t you move out?

I can't. Too late to type it up now, but I will explain it tomorrow if I remember :)

I was thinking, what you spend on bike, pc and consoles, you could get a deposit and a months rent and somewhere better. Even live at your mums.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:49 
Esoteric

KovacsC wrote:
JohnCoffey wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Why don’t you move out?

I was thinking, what you spend on bike, pc and consoles, you could get a deposit and a months rent and somewhere better. Even live at your mums.

OK I will explain things. Probably TL;DR but it's here any way.

I have savings for a move. I have had for over a year now. However, it's a bit more complicated than that. I have a few options open to me, which are -

1. Look for a private rent that will rent to me, and be affordable (not possible with the money they give me). However, this option is not really open to me because all landlords around here specify "No DSS" or whatever. IE - they will not rent to any one on benefits, which blankets those like me with physical or mental disabilities. So I spent three months chasing my tail, only to find no one would return my calls or would just refuse to rent to me.

2. Walk out of the flat "making myself homeless". If I do this? I am homeless. That's it, I made myself homeless so I can live with the ramifications. I could apply for social housing (council flat) but I would be at the bottom of the list. Mostly because according to law I did it to myself so I should get screwed over because of it. As you can imagine, this isn't really an option either. It would mean living on the streets.

3. Go back to my mother's. The moment I do this her council tax goes up over £900 a year, including her losing all benefits (she has osteoporosis and arthritis, so bad she can not have joint replacements) because apparently a 45 year old mentally ill man can fully look after her. She uses her payments to have the garden done (so it doesn't look like a tramp garden) as well as having her gutters cleaned ETC. So basically if I return home I assume full responsibility for all of that, which of course I can not do. Because I am ill, too. I would also lose nearly all of my benefits too, because apparently a 76 year old woman who can barely move can fully take care of me also.

So as you can see, each of those options comes with quite severe caveats. Given that my mobility benefits were completely removed about 18 months ago I now have to use money not intended for them to travel. IE a visit to family costs me around £30. The moment I move home? I am stuck. I would be where I was before (completely housebound) and unable to visit my psych because I would not have the cash for a taxi (£18 each way).

Now there is an option 4. Option 4 is either have the property condemned by ES and thus "Involuntary homelessness" or, get my landlady to evict me under, I believe, a Section 21. Where she has me physically removed from the property and thus again, "Involuntary homelessness". At this point I travel to housing and they put me in a manky B&B and then into a hostel. However, the big bonus here is that you go straight to the top of the social housing list. This is the only two ways for that to happen.

So as you can understand, it is pretty vital I stay on this sinking (and falling to bits) ship. Even though it has caused me to attempt suicide twice I still need to remain, because the moment I walk out of that door I fuck myself good and proper. There are no provisions in place for the disabled like that any more (either mentally or physically unless it involves access and ramps) and according to modern government the mentally ill are in the same category as ordinary citizens because obviously they think we are just as capable as they are.

We're not.

My psychiatrists (plural, three now) have been to housing for meetings, as well as my care worker and my social workers (again plural). Nothing has been done.

Edit. Please don't judge me financially on what appears. Like for example? if you spent ten minutes with me you would immediately notice I am not right. Not something you can do over the internet (which is why I think Doc and I had issues) and the same goes for anything monetary. I got my new bike from selling three other bikes, for example.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:59 
Esoteric

Oh and the light has dropped since last night too.

And the ceiling now has a very large crack (*muffled laughter*)

TBH? it's coming down. It's that old horse hair and plaster shoved into wooden slats. I would hazard a guess and say the slats are rotting, and it's only a matter of time before we have an enormous big bang and the whole lot comes down. I must remember to wear my BMX helmet in the kitchen now.

There is good news though. Mum phoned housing today and after they tried to palm her off ("It's not our problem !" even though they are paying for this place) she contacted ES, who have started another case. I've shot the "Two week" email over to my landlady, so we will see what happens. If she ignores me again I can follow up and get them round here to inspect. If of course I don't take another whole packet of sleeping pills and go to the nut farm (and thus can't follow up in two weeks so they close the case).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 19:16 
Esoteric

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnDzl6q ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 21:44 
Prince of Fops

JohnCoffey wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnDzl6qfVG0&feature=youtu.be

Is that a new mod for fallout 4?

Good luck with it dude, sounds like a tough spot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 0:18 
Esoteric

I know you couldn't make this up but it now has a hole in the middle of the crack (this is where the water comes from). Which did kinda make me laugh.

Oh well, will have to wear this when going in the kitchen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:10 
Unpossible!

Sad times, but awesome picture! :DD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:37 
Gogmagog

On arrival in to New Brighton it turns out there had been a mix up and I was not booked into the air bnb. I then dropped my new phone smashing the glass. And drove half way home to stay at a friend's house in Warrington. My 20 minute commute to work is now an hour with a change of trains. And I left my kindle behind.

This morning I dropped my electric razor. It dented the guard. I Did not realise until finished I shaving and have deep scratches up my face and neck. Looks like I fought a cat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:08 
Gogmagog

Oh. All connecting services cancelled as someone was hit by a train* so I am on a bus. It is raining and I do not have a coat.

*Puts things in some form of perspective

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:11 
Gogmagog

I expect our house sale to fall through today as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:25 
Best
Board Mother

Aww Mali, I hope your day gets better from here on. *Hugs* xx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:27 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

What's the collective term for a bunch of Nays?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:33 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

At this rate, 'A Mali'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:37 

TheVision wrote:

A livery.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:11 
Unpossible!

Mate. You could have stayed with us but we're away all week. Sorry you've had a shitty time

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:04 
Sleepyhead

You get to hang out with cool people in a few days tho!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:06 
Esoteric

Sorry to hear that Mal. Not a nice feeling :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:17 
UltraMod

TheVision wrote:

A whinny?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:31 
Esoteric

TheVision wrote:

Nays-Z. I got 99 problems but Lonewolve's Twitch ain't one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:49 
Gogmagog

Kern wrote:
TheVision wrote:

A livery.

Good work

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 14:59 

Sorry it is shit Mali... hope it gets better soon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 16:07 
INFINITE POWAH

Not enough props for Kern's quip there. Good work.

In other Nay News, today was the first time I've fired someone. Now, to be fair, the person concerned is universally recognised in the business as being rubbish, unhelpful, lazy and a complete waste of money. However, they still have a family to pay for. The fact I was able to wrap their departure into another exercise meant they got a reasonable severance package (which in Singapore you're not remotely entitled to anyway - or indeed any form of performance management, I could have just given him notice months ago) so they've got a fair few months of salary now to find a job, but Jesus Christ. The look of absolute defeat in their eyes when I explained what was happening after the HR lady joined us... That will haunt me. To be fair, they've been under a performance management process for two months so this shouldn't have come as a surprise, but still.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 16:22 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

MrChris wrote:
Not enough props for Kern's quip there.

I didn't get it :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 16:23 
Hibernating Druid

Yeah, wouldn't like to have to do that to someone at all.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 16:24 
INFINITE POWAH

Grim..., neighs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 16:24 
Hibernating Druid

Grim... wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Not enough props for Kern's quip there.

I didn't get it :(

Think horses.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

Reply to topic  [ 7441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 149  Next