Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 1766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:42 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19564
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
think of all the sneaky sneaking Arya could do with Littlefinger's face. If she can get hold of (hold on, I'm going to actually try to remember a name here...) Varys'(?) face shed be able to undo any plot

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:00 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14538
What's the deal with the faces? Is she going round peeling her victims' actual faces off or are they clever magical masks or something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:01 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43519
Location: West Yorkshire
One of the trees is wearing Sansa's face.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:02 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46425
A little from column A, a little from column B, I think. Considering they let her assume the physical build of Walder Frey there's got to be more than a little magic involved.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 15:01 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19564
markg wrote:
What's the deal with the faces? Is she going round peeling her victims' actual faces off or are they clever magical masks or something.

I think she has the physical things as Sansa saw one, but I think she's also put some kind of other powers to use to hypnotise the onlooker. That might be close to what Craster said, but she has definite masks. And powers.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 15:05 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43683
Location: The erogenous zone
Like Jim Carrey.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 15:13 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19564
Maybe it's just Jim Carrey wearing an Arya mask. Aaahhh. Now it all makes sense.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 19:13 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26307
Location: Kidbrooke
Mimi wrote:
Maybe it's just Jim Carrey wearing an Arya mask. Aaahhh. Now it all makes sense.


SSSSSomebody stop me!




...



before I kill again.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 20:19 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46425
"Maybe it is all cocks in the end"



Glorious.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 21:26 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43519
Location: West Yorkshire
Danny T gets up the stick and then it'll be the Bitches of Eastwatch as her and Cersei smash it out as the wall crumbles around them because who wouldn't want to see 2 preggos fight?

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:02 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63933
Location: Your Mum

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 15:22 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3529
Was the only one that hated the resolution of Littlefinger storyline? It felt cheap and stupid, straight out of a brazilian soap opera.

When the twist happened...both me and my wife facepalmed at the same time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 15:25 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46425
I saw it coming, but it was great. He spends six series manipulating only to find out that the stark sisters together are more than he can deal with. The perfect comeuppance that's been so long overdue

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 15:26 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43683
Location: The erogenous zone
RuySan wrote:
Was I the only one that hated the resolution of Littlefinger storyline?

No, your wife did too.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 15:29 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11190
Apparently there was a scene filmed when the Stark gals go to visit Bran such that the gals were beefing but then Bran clues them in. Fuck knows why it was cut because it really did needed the subplot tying together properly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 15:35 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26307
Location: Kidbrooke
Satsuma wrote:
Apparently there was a scene filmed when the Stark gals go to visit Bran such that the gals were beefing but then Bran clues them in. Fuck knows why it was cut because it really did needed the subplot tying together properly.


I disagree. I think it works much better if you have to imply that they have done that, or else you get to the exact same conclusion without the fun twist, and you get a boring scene with Bran doing a shitload of exposition.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 15:42 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11190
Curiosity wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
Apparently there was a scene filmed when the Stark gals go to visit Bran such that the gals were beefing but then Bran clues them in. Fuck knows why it was cut because it really did needed the subplot tying together properly.


I disagree. I think it works much better if you have to imply that they have done that, or else you get to the exact same conclusion without the fun twist, and you get a boring scene with Bran doing a shitload of exposition.


Once again, "apparently" it was just the girls walking into his room together (or similar) rather than a scene where he sits them down and spells it out which wouldn't be in keeping with show anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 15:44 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26307
Location: Kidbrooke
Satsuma wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
Apparently there was a scene filmed when the Stark gals go to visit Bran such that the gals were beefing but then Bran clues them in. Fuck knows why it was cut because it really did needed the subplot tying together properly.


I disagree. I think it works much better if you have to imply that they have done that, or else you get to the exact same conclusion without the fun twist, and you get a boring scene with Bran doing a shitload of exposition.


Once again, "apparently" it was just the girls walking into his room together (or similar) rather than a scene where he sits them down and spells it out which wouldn't be in keeping with show anyway.


But does that add anything, really? Isn't the other way more fun?

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 15:49 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 30567
Curiosity wrote:
But does that add anything, really? Isn't the other way more fun?

There's no way you keep that exposition and also have the cool moment where Sansa says "how do you plead... Lord Baelish?" And I liked that moment. I was OK not to have the exposition, it seemed obvious enough to me that Baelish had gambled and lost that he could divide the sisters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 15:53 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3529
Zardoz wrote:
RuySan wrote:
Was I the only one that hated the resolution of Littlefinger storyline?

No, your wife did too.


:DD .

This show is still so massively entertaining but it's nowhere near the quality of the first four seasons. Episode 6 of this season was the ultimate nadir of the show. And for some reason i stop giving a crap about daenarys. And she and Jon have no chemistry whatsoever. I'm in team Cercei now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 16:00 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46425
Disagree. S7 was fanservice in a show that desperately needed some fanservice

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 16:05 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 30567
https://twitter.com/itsjustolmos/status ... 6851218436




You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 16:25 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11190
Curiosity wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
Apparently there was a scene filmed when the Stark gals go to visit Bran such that the gals were beefing but then Bran clues them in. Fuck knows why it was cut because it really did needed the subplot tying together properly.


I disagree. I think it works much better if you have to imply that they have done that, or else you get to the exact same conclusion without the fun twist, and you get a boring scene with Bran doing a shitload of exposition.


Once again, "apparently" it was just the girls walking into his room together (or similar) rather than a scene where he sits them down and spells it out which wouldn't be in keeping with show anyway.


But does that add anything, really? Isn't the other way more fun?


The Sansa/Arya conflict runs across some 3 episodes. There's no exposition needed, you just need one scene to link the conflict to the reveal. Had the episode opened with Sansa, say, opening her bedroom door and Bran is in there fingering her knife (or whatever) would be enough for the viewer to be able to look back after all the action in the dragonpit has adequately distracted them and go "aww right. Bran had a pow wow with her AND the Stark girl were actually beefing".

There's so many people disappointed with the littlefinger reveal that it was obvious the conflict and resolution was poorly done. We all enjoyed him getting his comeuppance, but how we got there was not finessed with the same policitial wibbling as earlier Thrones seasons.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 17:15 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46425
There are many people delighted at the brexit vote. Other people's opinions are no barometer

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 17:18 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63933
Location: Your Mum
Satsuma wrote:
fingering her knife (or whatever)

:hat:

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 17:19 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19564
This post came by on my IG and I wondered if you’d all seen the Bayeaux Tapestry style GOT piece: https://instagram.com/p/Bajg3SfAZId/

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 1766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
cron
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.