Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 2266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 13:06 
User avatar
Hibernating Druid

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48474
Location: Standing on your mother's Porsche
Giphy "three eyed raven":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7bu5d1D28wKADty8/giphy-loop.mp4

_________________
SD&DG Illustrated! Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 13:07 
User avatar
Hibernating Druid

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48474
Location: Standing on your mother's Porsche
Now it fucking works...

_________________
SD&DG Illustrated! Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 14:51 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14075
Y’know what annoyed me about the epilogue: no one reflected on what had happened or what they had been through: I wanted Jon to at least reflect or just brood on murdering Dany.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 14:56 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48901
Nothing like a good bit of brooding to really bring the excitement to a finale.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 15:06 
User avatar
Hibernating Druid

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48474
Location: Standing on your mother's Porsche
A workmate who had recently blasted through all seasons to catch up to the last one reminded me that it was never explained why the White Walkers took babies... There was one particular season that ended with a baby being taken to an altar/font thing.

_________________
SD&DG Illustrated! Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 15:13 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32614
Zardoz wrote:
A workmate who had recently blasted through all seasons to catch up to the last one reminded me that it was never explained why the White Walkers took babies... There was one particular season that ended with a baby being taken to an altar/font thing.

Huh, was it really? I assumed it was to make more White Walkers (similarly to how we saq the Night King getting made) but perhaps that wasn't made explicit and I just read it somewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 15:15 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16654
Location: Parts unknown
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
A workmate who had recently blasted through all seasons to catch up to the last one reminded me that it was never explained why the White Walkers took babies... There was one particular season that ended with a baby being taken to an altar/font thing.

Huh, was it really? I assumed it was to make more White Walkers (similarly to how we saq the Night King getting made) but perhaps that wasn't made explicit and I just read it somewhere.


I assumed this too but he's right. It was never explained in the show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 15:18 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 68737
Location: Your Mum
Also it would have been a baby white walker (or wight), what would be the point in that?

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 15:18 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47377
Location: Cheshire
Grim... wrote:
Also it would have been a baby white walker (or wight), what would be the point in that?


Tunnels

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 15:24 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32614
Reading up says the scene where Craster's last son is taken to an alter does end with the Night King touching him and his eyes turning blue. So that's quite clear, I think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhyLKJgd8Zw

Grim... wrote:
Also it would have been a baby white walker (or wight), what would be the point in that?
I guess you wait a bit and then you have an adult White Walker. Being seemingly immortal probably makes it easier to plan long term.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 15:28 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 37462
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Reading up says the scene where Craster's last son is taken to an alter does end with the Night King touching him and his eyes turning blue. So that's quite clear, I think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhyLKJgd8Zw

Grim... wrote:
Also it would have been a baby white walker (or wight), what would be the point in that?
I guess you wait a bit and then you have an adult White Walker. Being seemingly immortal probably makes it easier to plan long term.

That happened in, what Season 2? That kid would still only be a kid. Is there a White Walker school back in the far north? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 15:37 
User avatar
Hibernating Druid

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48474
Location: Standing on your mother's Porsche
We'll find out next season!

_________________
SD&DG Illustrated! Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:06 

Joined: 5th Jun, 2018
Posts: 383
Did I miss a joke or something? I thought that was the final season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:32 
User avatar
Hibernating Druid

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48474
Location: Standing on your mother's Porsche
Keep watching.

_________________
SD&DG Illustrated! Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:26 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14075
Fancy reading the script for the final episode? Here you go.

https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files ... one%20.pdf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Of Thrones (TV)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 15:55 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3977
Listening to the first Game of Thrones audiobook. Have never read the books, just watched the TV series.

I'm thoroughly enjoying listening to it, with the benefit of being able to put character faces to names having already watched the TV show (something I'm not typically comfortable with as I feel it sullies the role of one's imagination in the act of reading, but it helps here with so many characters knocking about).

The narrator is doing a good job on the whole, but I'm finding his voicing of Tyrion to be widely off the mark. He's made him sound like a country bumpkin, even when he's delivering sage aphorisms to those around him.

Which made me think: Those who had read the books, how well did you feel the TV versions brought the characters to life? Are there some that chimed exactly with what was in your head? Are there those that feel completely unrecognisable from the ones you imagined in the book?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 2266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Columbo and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen. RIP, MrC.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.