Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:53 
Unpossible!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lckr9OLR2Ow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:57 
Excellent Member

ah ha!
entrance 8:15 on here
http://wrestlingfeed.com/dailymotion.php?url=xhl0ow
continuing to full match
http://wrestlingfeed.com/dailymotion.php?url=xhl0pa
bell rings 5:28

lol "What the hell is Jeff Hardy doing here?"
Indeed.

Edit: Fuck beaten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:02 
Sitting balls-back folder

Edit: Doh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:07 
Unpossible!

*does Victory Dance*

I was in my phone, too

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:09 
Excellent Member

The "I agree" at the end was apparently to the crowd who were chanting "this is bullshit"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:37 
Sleepyhead

Oh dear, Jeff Hardy.
:facepalm:

As for Cena vs Miz, I would love love love it if they managed to pull off a double-swerve at Wrestlemania and had The Miz and Cena both switch alignments. I reckon Miz could get over huge as a face, and having Cena turn on The Rock and go evil could also work.

A dangerous move (in terms of merchandise sales), but could be... AWESOME!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:46 
Unpossible!

Just rewatched that Jeff Hardy thing in higher quality. Hardy was really trying to kick out of the pin, but Sting held fast. Look at Sting's face right after the bell. He's pretty much saying "You little prick, I'm embarrassed for you"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 14:44 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Just watched the footage sans sound.

What on earth was that all about? TNA is in a bit of trouble if they rely on people like Hardy. I love Sting and really felt for him there. Let's hope they can get rid of Hardy and put this all behind them pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 17:03 
Excellent Member

Both Hardy's could be magnificent wrestlers, even in TNA. The impact they had as the New Brood was absolutely eminence and along with edge and christian that had a very big influence on how the WWE is today. They have the talent and the opportunity to still be something special but Matt has had serious (non wrestling related) health problems that has effected his weight (he also craves the love of the fans and takes all Internet criticism to heart - this never ends well.) and Jeff has this yo yo of serious drug abuse, it does not help that both of them are total rednecks.

Jeff has always been out of control, there is a story about how when they were planning the first PPV Ladder match Jeff wanted to climb to the top, put out his arms in a Jesus pose and then swan dive off. Matt's response was "and what do you expect the audience to think? That a fucking sniper shot you" Jeff was not allowed to speak after that.

One good thing about this PPV is that Matt has obviously got his act together (it did seem likeq he took the move to TNA very seriously) and his match was actually ok.

I'm not a "fan" of the Hardy boys, I'm like a lot of fans of rasslin - pissed that they could be so great but for the fact that Jeff can't seem to get his act together and even admit that he has a problem.... http://twitter.com/JEFFHARDYBRAND

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 17:26 
UltraMod

That makes Triple H vs Scott Steiner 2003 look magnificent.

TNA is shit, anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 19:15 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Having watched that clip with sound, I think you can hear the ref say "Take it home" at around the 8 minute mark. (about 60 seconds into the actual match)

Looks like it was a call from the back to finish the match early and Sting went with it! Sting also says something to the ref at the end of the match like "get outta here" or something... perhaps getting him out the ring in case Hardy goes for him?

In any case.. that was weird!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 19:23 
Rude Belittler

If you watch closely when Sting is parading around with the title, you can see the Ref make the X-sign, which usually means 'somethings gone wrong, one of the wrestlers can't continue, we need a finish now!'

Bischoff seems to be making it up as he goes along too.

That seemed like a shoot pin, Hardy was desperately trying to get out of it, even got a shoulder up, but the Ref just ignored it.

Bizarre. By the way, Jeff's been told not to turn up to TV tapings, this week. As they tape everything in a big block in TNA, that's a months worth.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 21:50 
Excellent Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkeeWKFgsb0

NSFW if your work does not like parody songs with drug references.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 21:55 
Excellent Member

hahahahahahahahahaha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 0:27 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

DavPaz wrote:
Just rewatched that Jeff Hardy thing in higher quality. Hardy was really trying to kick out of the pin, but Sting held fast. Look at Sting's face right after the bell. He's pretty much saying "You little prick, I'm embarrassed for you"

Gotta say, I pretty much agree with that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 0:42 
Rude Belittler

3.00 or thereabouts (youtube version), you see Brian Hebner (the referee, who's pretty experienced) flashing the X just as he goes out of shot. That's the ref saying 'this match cannot continue as planned' admittedly its occasionally used as a work, but only for injury angles. Its pretty damning if he does it when Hardy's just made his entrance, and done nothing else. Possibly Hardy either said 'I can't do this' or something worrying to him.

Plus, Hardy looked fucking wasted when he came out.. he nearly fell off the ring steps.

It looks like Sting just legit grabbed his hair to pull him into the Scorpion Death Drop, like 'c'mere you prick!'.

Then in the aftermath Sting looked fucking pissed. Sting's never been that great an actor. And, there are red marks on his neck, that don't look like facepaint.

Hardy's lucky it was Sting. Some guys would've just legit kicked the shit out of him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:04 
Unpossible!

Actually, listen closely when Sting grabs his hair. Hardy *screams*. No fakery there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 19:08 
Worst

At first watch it looks like a work. Maybe Hardy is going out, but just from that YouTube thing, it's not a match that surprises me, as I know what Bischoff and Russo are each capable of. I don't know why they'd plan that, but I don't know the rationale behind anything in TNA.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 19:54 
Rude Belittler

This is a PPV that people have actually paid money for. That's not the time to pull a worked shoot that results in a 60 second main event. That would be really fucking stupid. The Fingerpoke of Doom was on Nitro, and people hated that. You'd think someone would have learned from WCW.

I'll tell you what would be even stupider. Doing a worked shoot in which your main eventer (multiple world champ, let us not forget.) Who is facing felony level drugs- related charges and jail time, stumbles around the ring like he's out of his fucking gourd. That would be catastrophic booking. Even Russo wouldn't book that

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 20:14 
Awesome
Yes

Please to explain terminology 'worked shoot'.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 20:26 
UltraMod

Mr Russell wrote:
Please to explain terminology 'worked shoot'.

When you work something, it's basically planned. A shoot is something happens that is unplanned. A worked shoot is when something happens that is planned, but made to look unplanned. Clear?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 20:55 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I reckon there's only been a hand full of "shoot" type situations in wrestling. Obviously the Montreal screw job springs to mind but I can't think of many others.

Oh... another one just came to me. When Bruiser Brody (I think...) tried to beat up Lex Luger.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 21:06 
Awesome
Yes

TheVision wrote:
I reckon there's only been a hand full of "shoot" type situations in wrestling. Obviously the Montreal screw job springs to mind but I can't think of many others.

Oh... another one just came to me. When Bruiser Brody (I think...) tried to beat up Lex Luger.

When Owen Hart fell to his death?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 21:18 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Mr Russell wrote:
TheVision wrote:

When Owen Hart fell to his death?

Well... yes. It was definitely unscripted and tragic but whether I would call it a shoot? I'm not convinced.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 21:18 
Awesome
Yes

I was more trying to work out the definition in my own mind. myp was very helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 23:37 
Rude Belittler

Bruiser Brody didn't try to beat up Luger... he just stopped working... like literally just stood there, and didn't do anything. Didn't sell. Didn't do anything. Really bizarre.

I'll put up a quick list of wrestling terminology, eh?

Working: The act of putting on a professional wrestling match.
Shooting: Not putting on a wrestling match, doing it for real.
Kayfabe: The shared world/setting of the wrestling business, where it's a legitimate contest. Traditionally, reality is hidden, in favour of kayfabe, but this is less adhered to nowadays. Often used to distinguish between what's real and what's a work. In Kayfabe Triple H and Sheamus hate each other, in reality they are good friends.
Heel: the bad guy. The Miz is a heel.
Face or Babyface: the good guy. Cena is a face
Tweener: Someone who neither acts like a face or a heel.
Turn: when someone changes alignment from face to heel or vice versa.
Promo: When a wrestler talks about an upcoming match, hyping it.
Doing the job/jobbing: Taking the loss.
Jobber: someone who almost exclusively loses, and makes the stars look good.
Jobber to the stars: Someone who'll win often against lower status wrestlers, but exclusively loses against the big stars.
Jabroni: see jobber. Used as an insult.
blading/juicing: cutting your forehead with a razor blade hidden about your person, so that you'll bleed. Used to add drama.
juicing hardway: getting a cut through actually being hit. Not desirable.
Legit: used to distinguish reality from kayfabe.
Hoss: a wrestler who is physically imposing, but limited in the ring.
Lucha Libre: Mexican style wresling
Luchador: A wrestler who wrestles in the Lucha Libre style. Rey Mysterio is a luchadore
Puroresu/puro: The Japanese style of wrestling
working stiff/snug: Hitting your opponent with more force than strictly necessary, however, still less than doing it for real. Vader and Stan Hansen are legendary for working stiff.
Stiffing: Legitimately striking your opponent. Frowned upon.
Finisher : A wrestler's most potent move, often a match ender.
sandbagging: not assisting your opponent in performing a move. Dangerous, and a dick move.
Garbage wrestling: derogatory term for the hardcore style popularised by ECW and Japanese deathmatches, where hitting your opponent with objects is more important than actual wrestling.
Botch: making a mistake, failing to perform a move correctly.
Selling: Making the move performed on you look like it hurt. The Theatrics of Pain. Not selling is one of the biggest sins in wrestling.
Card position: traditionally, wrestlers are ranked on where they would appear on an average card of matches. Rule of thumb, wrestlers get more important the later in the show they appear. Lowcarders(curtain jerkers)->midcarders->main eventers. May be further subdivided.

that'll do for now...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 23:43 
Awesome
Yes

Thanks for that.

I used to watch wrestling soooo long ago, pretty much before it started splitting out into 8,000 different versions, and I just don't know this stuff any more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 23:57 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Pundabaya wrote:
working stiff/snug: Hitting your opponent with more force than strictly necessary, however, still less than doing it for real. Vader and Stan Hansen are legendary for working stiff.
Stiffing: Legitimately striking your opponent. Frowned upon.

Here's a fact for you... When wrestlers greet each other, they'll often have the limpest hand shakes you've ever felt. This apparently show's the other person that they're not going to stiff them in the ring.

It's strange to see these massive men barely touch your hand when you meet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 0:18 
Worst

Well, I did say 'at first watch'. But I'll reply anyway. ;)

Pundabaya wrote:
This is a PPV that people have actually paid money for. That's not the time to pull a worked shoot that results in a 60 second main event. That would be really fucking stupid.

Yes it would. This is TNA.

Quote:
The Fingerpoke of Doom was on Nitro, and people hated that. You'd think someone would have learned from WCW.

Clearly they haven't, as this is a company that keeps going back to Da Bisch, Russo, Nash, Hall(!), Hogan...

Quote:
I'll tell you what would be even stupider. Doing a worked shoot in which your main eventer (multiple world champ, let us not forget.) Who is facing felony level drugs- related charges and jail time, stumbles around the ring like he's out of his fucking gourd. That would be catastrophic booking. Even Russo wouldn't book that

You know this was a PPV, right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 0:20 
Worst

TheVision wrote:

Akira Maeda was known for it. He shot on Tatsumi Fujinami and Andre the Giant.
Brody didn't try to beat up Luger. He just hazed him - scaring him a bit by no-selling.
Some people say Regal on Goldberg, too, but that was just Regal trying to have a decent match with him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 0:22 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Chris Jericho posted on Twitter.. and I quote...

Quote:
TNA + Jeff Hardy=I don't buy it... #winning
about 22 hours ago via TwitBird

Not that this means anything but when it comes to wrestling, I've learnt to always believe the unbelievable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 0:52 
Excellent Member

Then there is selling, no selling and Shawn Michaels Vs Hulk Hogan at summerslam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyN5sASh ... B5FF8CC9C2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:54 
Rude Belittler

throughsilver wrote:

Pundabaya wrote:
This is a PPV that people have actually paid money for. That's not the time to pull a worked shoot that results in a 60 second main event. That would be really fucking stupid.

Quote:
The Fingerpoke of Doom was on Nitro, and people hated that. You'd think someone would have learned from WCW.

Clearly they haven't, as this is a company that keeps going back to Da Bisch, Russo, Nash, Hall(!), Hogan...

Quote:

Well, yeah, maybe they are dumb enough. But you'd have to say that a deliberate message of 'look guys, one of our biggest stars has a huge drug problem, and we let him take part in a match while intoxicated!' wouldn't be very clever. Especially in the light of the Hardy chairshot which split Anderson's head open. Thats one hell of a can of worms.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 
Unpossible!

throughsilver wrote:

Was that you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 
Excellent Member

Yes Jeff you are clearly Edgar Allan Poe and all the wrestling press and dirt sheets slamming you for your actions are being mean and out to get you.

It's pretty much been confirmed that the whole thing is real. Jeff has been sent home and will miss at least one month of impact taping (they do it in blocks). The entire locker room is livid and after the match there was very near a mutiny backstage - hilariously it was supposedly Rick Flair leading the pack. People are saying that he was very clearly out of it backstage - the call is at 1pm he went on at 9pm so there is a lot of what the fuck somewhere in here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:47 
Rude Belittler

TNA are offering people who bought the PPV a free six month sub to TNAonDemand. According to spoilers, they've retired the 'Purple Monstrosity' Hardy title belt, and were talking like he's gone. We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 19:47 
Excellent Member

Raw this week was unbelievably good from star to finish. Rasslemania is going to be epic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 20:06 
Awesome
Yes

Decca wrote:
Raw this week was unbelievably good from star to finish. Rasslemania is going to be epic

In unrelated news, I mentioned Wrestlemania at work, and someone said "Russellmania??" not understanding.

Thus a new holiday is born.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 20:13 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I hate to tell you but I already patented Rosstlemania in about 2002. My real name is Ross.

I even had T shirts made up.

(No, really... I did!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 20:20 
Awesome
Yes

TheVision wrote:
I hate to tell you but I already patented Rosstlemania in about 2002. My real name is Ross.

I even had T shirts made up.

(No, really... I did!)

Our holidays may co-exist in peace.

Just kidding, my holiday will totally kick your ass.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 20:24 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Mine was in 2003... and handily coincided with Wrestlemania 19! This is the logo I made and it looks like I did it in paint... or at least spent 30 seconds doing it.

Enjoy your holiday! See if you can get it to coincide with the Manchester meet?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 23:18 
Worst

Pundabaya wrote:
throughsilver wrote:

Pundabaya wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, yeah, maybe they are dumb enough. But you'd have to say that a deliberate message of 'look guys, one of our biggest stars has a huge drug problem, and we let him take part in a match while intoxicated!' wouldn't be very clever. Especially in the light of the Hardy chairshot which split Anderson's head open. Thats one hell of a can of worms.

Oh, definitely agreed. But this is the man who did the 'Road Warrior Hawk's drink problems' angle. I'll stop now ;)

Oh, and DavPaz? Legit lol.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:05 
Excellent Member

NSFW if your work does not like drug reference songs.

Jeff Hardy alternative entance

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:45 
Sleepyhead

RAW was indeed great this week, if a little light on wrestling. Well, it did have some good wrestling (Bryan vs Sheamus was quality) but it front-loaded the show with promos, and whilst they were all good, I'd have mixed it up a bit.

Rock's promo to open the show was amazing. Mixed a comedy first half with serious second to great effect. Superb.

Also, The Miz is fast catching up to CM Punk as my favourite (though only because they're pussing Punk out a lot... he'd better bloody win at Mania).

Also,

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I fucking adore Trish Stratus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:13 
Can you dig it?

The Miz is excellent awesome!
To me, not quite as good as Angle was, but I'm really liking this current schtick (or whatever you might call it).

However, I know it's not unheard of for 'celebs' (more like flavour of the month) to get involved, but... this 'snooki' at wrestlemania... :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 
Excellent Member

and yet snooki wrestled better than 90% of the woman's roster.... (very stiff though which was somewhat lol)

edit: John morrison in that outfit doing that move :luv:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:22 
Can you dig it?

Was wrestlemania this weekend?

What's a good place for rasslin torrents? :ninja:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:50 
UltraMod

Well, that was disappointing. :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

myoptikakaka wrote:

Really? Other than the last match I thought it was a pretty great WM.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:15 
UltraMod

Craster wrote:
myoptikakaka wrote:

Really? Other than the last match I thought it was a pretty great WM.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Sheamus v Bryan getting bumped for 'comedy' and backstage segments
Opening with title match - bit of an anticlimax for the Rumble winner
8-Man tag match far too short
Taker v HHH nowhere near as good as the HBK streak marches from 25 and 26.
Not enough Diva action!
Michael Cole's terrible wrestling technique
The last match (start to finish)

The general feel was of an extended episode of Raw. No feel of spectacle.

Was ace watching with lots of people, though. :)

Reply to topic  [ 1274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next