Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:46 
Excellent Member

Decca wrote:
:luv: Jericho

in other news, kert angle has just lost the frigging plot on twitter http://twitter.com/anglefoods1

Jericho blew a kiss at me when we went to see the rasslin at Nottingham Arena :kiss:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:33 
Goth

TheVision wrote:
That's one of the things that would actually get me to watch Wrestlemania.

I love Sting. :luv:

They are both classic wrestlers. Who would you like to see win it? I think in the end I'd have to come down on the side of taker even though he's looking increasingly worn out.

Do you think they could do a no win match? Some kind of draw or outside interference stops the match?

I'd love to see a repeat of Wrestlemania 6 with the match ending in mutual respect. Much of that happening in WWE these days?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:35 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

They need to start thinking about how they're going to send-off Taker fairly soon. He's so injury-prone these days. I think next year will be his 20th Wrestlemania appearance, which isn't an unreasonable time perhaps to retire him. It'll need to be a BIG match though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:49 
Can you dig it?

Craster wrote:
They need to start thinking about how they're going to send-off Taker fairly soon. He's so injury-prone these days. I think next year will be his 20th Wrestlemania appearance, which isn't an unreasonable time perhaps to retire him. It'll need to be a BIG match though.

I was just about to type 'When was the last time they recycled Paul Bearer?' because I thought it'd be funny, but then I googled and found it was just a few months ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:11 
Excellent Member

Ange wrote:
Jericho blew a kiss at me when we went to see the rasslin at Nottingham Arena :kiss:

: swoon: *loads up Armageddon 2007*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:41 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Nirejhenge wrote:
TheVision wrote:
That's one of the things that would actually get me to watch Wrestlemania.

I love Sting. :luv:

They are both classic wrestlers. Who would you like to see win it? I think in the end I'd have to come down on the side of taker even though he's looking increasingly worn out.

Do you think they could do a no win match? Some kind of draw or outside interference stops the match?

I'd love to see a repeat of Wrestlemania 6 with the match ending in mutual respect. Much of that happening in WWE these days?

They couldn't really have the Undertaker lose at Wrestlemania, not now. He's gone too far.

But bringing Sting in to lose? I don't know.. I can't see that either.

It's a tough one to call but there's no way they could have the match and finish it with interference or anything like that. The crowd would go nuts!

This is probably why I'm not a wrestling booker.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:19 
Rude Belittler

'Taker is an old school guy, if he's going to go out, he'll be on his back counting the lights. You do the job on the way out. The streak will be broken, because where else can The friggin' Undertaker retire, but at Wrestlemania?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 15:28 
Worst

Sting will hopefully never go to WWE. He's the one massive WCW name who never jumped. In 'the WWE Universe' he doesn't exist.

And he's terrible now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 23:59 
Goth

I've never seen anything that spectacular from Sting. He just knows how to look good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 0:21 
Slightly Brackish

Pundabaya wrote:
'Taker is an old school guy, if he's going to go out, he'll be on his back counting the lights. You do the job on the way out. The streak will be broken, because where else can The friggin' Undertaker retire, but at Wrestlemania?

I agree with all this. You can't sell a guy who's leaving, where's the profit in that? It's a prime opportunity to give someone a huge push. I just hope he gets carried out by the Druids when the time comes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 0:51 
Sleepyhead

Whaddya reckon... Wrestlemania 2012... Cena vs Taker?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 
Goth

I've never really seen Cena wrestle. Looking at him I thought he'd be some kind of bad ass rapper type and that's made me not like him. Am I anywhere near the mark? Is he actually any good? Could he handle a top quality match against 'taker?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:52 
Excellent Member

I don't think he could against taker, too slow, both too big and lumbering - cena's signature move is to lift a man across his shoulders and I just can't see this happening with the 'taker. Cena is capable of pulling off some great matches - with Michael's and Jericho but imo he needed to evolve 2/3 years ago and didn't. Should be kane Vs undertaker or one of the new guys, hoping it's not edge because I'm sick of the sight of him, and please don't make it a orton "legend killer" thing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:14 
Sleepyhead

Saying the 'Attitude Adjustment' (Cena's impact finisher... though he uses the STF more often as a submission finisher) wouldn't go well on 'Taker is a bit silly though, seeing as how he's done it to the likes of Mark Henry and The Big Show.

Cena's probably the best of the current crop of wrestlers at telling a story and using good pacing and psychology and whatnot in the ring. Whilst he's not the most crisp technical wrestler ever, he'd be a good match for Taker, especially since most of the criticism aimed at him is because they book hima s Superman, and he wouldn't be booked that way against Taker.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:18 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Decca wrote:
I don't think he could against taker, too slow, both too big and lumbering - cena's signature move is to lift a man across his shoulders and I just can't see this happening with the 'taker.

Cena could get the Undertake across his shoulders and then power-lift him twenty times if he wanted to.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:23 
Unpossible!

Grim... wrote:
Decca wrote:
I don't think he could against taker, too slow, both too big and lumbering - cena's signature move is to lift a man across his shoulders and I just can't see this happening with the 'taker.

Cena could get the Undertake across his shoulders and then power-lift him twenty times if he wanted to.

:D You sound like a 10 year old.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:35 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

DavPaz wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Decca wrote:

:D You sound like a 10 year old.

He couldn't do it to you, obviously, because of the balance issue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:36 
Unpossible!

It'd be more like a wheelbarrow lift, obv.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 
Excellent Member

I'm not a Cena hater at all, my problem with the AA is that I can't see it happening with taker. It's a humiliating finisher (reminds me of that sack of potatoes thing my dad did when I was 5) and not the way taker should go down. Taker should be tombstoned through the ring as fire pyro shoots out of it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:55 
Unpossible!

The only way for Undertaker to leave the wrestling world would be in a coffin. Might be a bit much for the kiddies though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:14 
Excellent Member

Wrestlemania, taker Vs mystery opponent. Undertaker is carried into the ring by minions with Kane and Paul bearer leading the parade, big fanfare, pyro the works. Arena goes dark....

ahhhhh ahhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm just a sexy boy...

He dances, he twirls, he does his pose, taker looks on unimpressed. Boy toy turns round and superkicks his head off and pins him for the 123. Taker looks up like "what???" HBK looks down "I told you I could beat you"

fin.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:17 
Slightly Brackish

Just please no casket match or buried alive match or anything horribly gimmicky that works to sell the match but actually ruins the match itself...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:24 
Goth

I think they should put him on first and have him beaten by a jobber in about 3 minutes. It'd be a giggle right?

Maybe they could have the undertaker stating he's leaving and looking for a successor. He'll only accept someone who can beat him at wrestlemania.

Maybe multiple opponents try and take him down one after another.

Who knows what they will eventually do but let's hope he goes out with a bang. And not continue on for another 20 years being a bit rubbish. Like Hulk Hogan.

I watched an interview with him from 2003 yesterday and he really seems a thoroughly nice guy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:55 
Sleepyhead

They should get Daniel Bryan to make him tap like a bitch to the LeBell Lock.

:DD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 13:54 
Comfortably Dumb

Nirejhenge wrote:
Maybe they could have the undertaker stating he's leaving and looking for a successor. He'll only accept someone who can beat him at wrestlemania.

Maybe multiple opponents try and take him down one after another.

Or at the same time? Maybe a four-way, first to pin Undertaker wins type thing?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 14:18 
Goth

That was something that crossed my mind but thought it could get a bit too cluttered. Might work though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 14:40 
Sleepyhead

That's settled.

We have the Wrestlemania gauntlet O' Doom, with Undertaker pinning opponent after opponent, before he falls to the only move capable of bringing him down.

THE COBRA!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 15:24 

Curiosity wrote:
That's settled.

We have the Wrestlemania gauntlet O' Doom, with Undertaker pinning opponent after opponent, before he falls to the only move capable of bringing him down.

THE COBRA!
That would make my night! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 18:45 
Worst

Nirejhenge wrote:
I've never seen anything that spectacular from Sting. He just knows how to look good.

Sting('s old stuff) is actually really under-rated. His series with Vader, for example, is absolutely fantastic, and all their big matches destroy Shawn Michaels' SummerSlam match with Vader.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 20:26 
Excellent Member

aaaand in wallpaper size

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 17:43 
Comfortably Dumb

Hmm.. had no intention of buying any UMD videos for my newly-acquired PSP, but bugger it.. they were only £1.99 each.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 20:08 
Goth

The character assassination of the Ultimate Warrior more like. Some rather fatuous claims about him talking gibberish in his pre match shouty things. Promos. Whatever they are. Everyone was just as bad at the time.

Some truth in the documentary though I'm sure. And it's obvious the guy IS a loon. But this does rather paint a one sided picture of him. Or something.

Still you get some fun matches to watch.

Also I've been looking at Sting and I think the problem with him is that he doesn't really have much in the way of big high impact signature moves. Nothing really lifty. But he's interesting in that he's often quite good at moving about the ring. Quite 'kinetic' or something. So he can be interesting to watch, just sometimes feels a little unmemorable in a way. I'm never keen on wrestlers having a submission move as a finisher either.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 20:24 
Comfortably Dumb

Nirejhenge wrote:

That's the reason I bought them both really... I'll probably skip over the documentary stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 22:16 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Weird - when they first started showing that trailer of the raindrenched shack and the guy in a trenchcoat, there was loads of "Is it Taker? Is it Sting?" speculation. I've just realised that the little song at the end goes "There ain't no grave can keep my body down". So it's clearly Undertaker, considering he last went out in a buried alive match.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 13:14 
Worst

Nirejhenge wrote:
The character assassination of the Ultimate Warrior more like. Some rather fatuous claims about him talking gibberish in his pre match shouty things. Promos. Whatever they are. Everyone was just as bad at the time.

Some truth in the documentary though I'm sure. And it's obvious the guy IS a loon. But this does rather paint a one sided picture of him. Or something.

Woyyah is an Enemy Of Vince, ergo he gets dissed. He was, and is, completely insane. The only promo men that surreal in that era were Hogan and Macho.

Quote:
Also I've been looking at Sting and I think the problem with him is that he doesn't really have much in the way of big high impact signature moves. Nothing really lifty. But he's interesting in that he's often quite good at moving about the ring. Quite 'kinetic' or something. So he can be interesting to watch, just sometimes feels a little unmemorable in a way. I'm never keen on wrestlers having a submission move as a finisher either.

Few wrestlers had massive-impact moves back then. Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Curt Hennig et al had nothing beyond a back suplex, fisherman suplex or backbreaker. Sting had suplexes. You're right, though, he was good at moving about and expressing stuff. The series he had with Vader was largely him selling Vader's (very) high-impact offence.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 21:42 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Is Vader the one who has a big forehand to the face that looks so good because it is, simply, him punching his opponent in the fucking face?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 23:19 
Worst

Most probably. Could also have been Stan Hansen, who had a rather snug way of working. Here's a match between the two of them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:07 
Slightly Brackish

Would rather see Vader v Alan Hansen kthx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:58 
Excellent Member

heavy heavy spoiler for last night's raw

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Can you smell.....

rasslemania spoiler

looks like the rock will be on it, probably Vs cena

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:00 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Wrestlemania at my house?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 
Unpossible!

Grim... wrote:
Wrestlemania at my house?

It's big, but it aint that big.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:05 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

T'is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:06 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

In response to Decca's spoiler: Squee!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:12 
Excellent Member

Holyshitthisisreal
:o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:14 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Oh my.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:15 
Unpossible!

In that Grim video, there's a shot of a kid, no older than 5 or 6, looking at ('The Special Guest' - Ed) with a look like "who the fuck is that?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:27 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

For the first time in a looooong time, I've gone straight to WWE.com this morning.

I absolutely love The Rock and this is just what I need to get me back into WWE! Amazing! I got shivers watching that video! :metul:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:45 
Excellent Member

Should be noted that it's worth watching the whole thing for the repeat shot of Cena Vs punk at the start

cena won with a cock punch, much as I'm a huge mark for punk it was hillarious

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 17:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Grim... wrote:
In response to Decca's spoiler: Squee!

That guy is incredibly good at working a crowd.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 17:17 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

It amuses me that they clearly had to wake up the swear censor guy for the first time in the last 7 years. Took him a while to get into his stride.

Reply to topic  [ 1274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next