Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 1264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 0:52 
User avatar
Chu chu chu!

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 260
The new Shimmer show just came out, yay :)

I've been giving this promotion a second shot after Nirejhenge's recent comments here, I'm just loving it this time around. So much talent and enthusiasm, and there's no-one on the roster who isn't at least watchable. I think I'm a bit smitten with Daizee Haze and MsChif :luv: .

And as I've been starting from Vol. 1 there's still awesome performers like Hamada to look forward to, and Kong's just shown up. Aces.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:12 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45131
Location: West Yorkshire
After reviewing Youtube footage, Scotty 2 Hotty > Everything.

Ever.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:16 
User avatar
Part physicist, part WARLORD

Joined: 2nd Apr, 2008
Posts: 13421
Location: Chester, UK
I didn't realise Yokozuna died in Liverpool. Ace.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 15:33 
User avatar
Goth

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 3742
SisterCheeba wrote:
The new Shimmer show just came out, yay :)

I've been giving this promotion a second shot after Nirejhenge's recent comments here, I'm just loving it this time around. So much talent and enthusiasm, and there's no-one on the roster who isn't at least watchable. I think I'm a bit smitten with Daizee Haze and MsChif :luv: .

And as I've been starting from Vol. 1 there's still awesome performers like Hamada to look forward to, and Kong's just shown up. Aces.


In Vol.26 That I just watched Daizee Vs Vicky Off of Fuzzbox (Raina Von Tash) was quite good. It was nice to have a handshake afterwards. I think it's a shame that we don't see that more in the big promotions. It's rare we get the face vs face honourable match up. It's one thing I love about the Warrior vs Hogan match at WM6 (my all time favourite match). Let's encourage the idea of sporting competition more, eh?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:01 
User avatar
Chu chu chu!

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 260
Absolutely. It's also refreshing to see simple, fun angles and a minimum of out-of-ring fuss, although that might have a lot to do with my following latter-day TNA.

Speaking of which, morbid curiosity got the better of me and I decided to see how things are going over in bizarro Bischoff land at the moment. I thought it was grim a few months ago, but christ on a bike. Barely any Knockouts left, meandering bollocks stories that go nowhere when they're not making no sense at all (yea, still), almost nothing left worth watching. Still, they had it coming considering how they supposedly treat their talent. If even a fraction of the stuff in that link is true, that's fucking disgraceful for the second-biggest promotion going.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:48 
User avatar
Goth

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 3742
That's pretty shocking. Interesting to hear of the Knockouts being a ratings draw. I thought most people hated them.

I'd like to think that this could lead to Shimmer getting bigger but there seems an inherent sexism toward such things. The shimmer athletes have proved themselves just as capable and entertaining as the male lot. Though the womens matches on TNA are rarely as well put together. I'd just love to see Shimmer on a bigger budget.

TNA's X division still remains pretty entertaining, just so long as it's cruiserweight type stuff.

I don't understand why they are still putting out old washed up guys as main eventers. Hogan, Nash, Ric Flair, Scott Hall - all great in their day but it's time to retire.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:52 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45131
Location: West Yorkshire
Nirejhenge wrote:

I don't understand why they are still putting out old washed up guys as main eventers. Hogan, Nash, Ric Flair, Scott Hall - all great in their day but it's time to retire.


Perhaps the demographic has shifted, and, if the industry is on the wane, it's what gets the crowds in, more than newer people?

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:24 
User avatar
Goth

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 3742
Maybe. I think I've found wrestling doesn't seem to have the draw that it used to. I used to sell loads of it at my stall but few people bother now. There's the occasional mad collector.

It's just every report I read about a PPV seems very damning of the use of these tired has beens.

Anyway I want more womens wrestling. And not in the playboy bunnies stripping each other style either.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:34 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47918
I don't find the use of the old wrestlers to be a problem, but I find the ridiculous repetitiveness of the match booking to be terrible. Answering for WWE, because I don't watch TNA, but we're just seeing the same matches with the same wrestlers over and over again, week after week.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 14:16 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15262
Location: Parts unknown
Craster wrote:
I don't find the use of the old wrestlers to be a problem, but I find the ridiculous repetitiveness of the match booking to be terrible. Answering for WWE, because I don't watch TNA, but we're just seeing the same matches with the same wrestlers over and over again, week after week.


And year after year. I gave up on WWE for over a year and when I finally caught a PPV card, it had exactly the same main event as when I stopped watching it.

Nirejhenge wrote:
Maybe. I think I've found wrestling doesn't seem to have the draw that it used to. I used to sell loads of it at my stall but few people bother now.


Would you like some tips on how to sell wrestling DVDs? ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 14:20 
User avatar
Goth

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 3742
I did pretty well out of your DVDs Mr Vision. Thank you for those. I doubt I'd do so well now. Hard times.

So where's the wrestling at these days (other than Shimmer)?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 14:48 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26874
Location: Kidbrooke
For overall product - WWE

For pure wrestling and hilarity, probably Chikara Pro

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 15:27 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4761
Chikara is very, very good indeed. Shame its very difficult to actually follow, as you have to buy DVDs to keep up.

The big problem with WWE is that there simply isn't enough men on the roster to support two brands.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 15:32 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47918
Pundabaya wrote:
The big problem with WWE is that there simply isn't enough men on the roster to support two brands.


Absolutely. The brand split was a moronic idea, and they really need to reverse it.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 15:33 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 66925
Location: Your Mum
Pundabaya wrote:
Chikara is very, very good indeed.

I didn't really like Shewolf.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 15:35 
User avatar
Goth

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 3742
I don't like WWE. Haven't done for a long time. It just doesn't do it for me somehow. TNA isn't much better but I still find it better.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 15:49 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26874
Location: Kidbrooke
Craster wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
The big problem with WWE is that there simply isn't enough men on the roster to support two brands.


Absolutely. The brand split was a moronic idea, and they really need to reverse it.


Disagree strongly with both of the above.

Will explain later.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 21:04 
User avatar
Worst

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 6107
MaliA wrote:
Nirejhenge wrote:
I don't understand why they are still putting out old washed up guys as main eventers. Hogan, Nash, Ric Flair, Scott Hall - all great in their day but it's time to retire.

Perhaps the demographic has shifted, and, if the industry is on the wane, it's what gets the crowds in, more than newer people?

The demographic has actually skewed younger. The older fans are watching MMA now, while the biggest names are kid-friendly superheroes like John Cena and Rey Misterio Jr. TNA hires has-beens for two reasons: said has-beens are friends of the people doing the hiring, and the company thinks that's easier than creating new, lasting, actual draws.

See: their recent hiring of the ECW cast-offs while casting off pretty much the whole women's division, which was a major draw for TNA at low cost.

_________________
>Image<


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:00 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4761
throughsilver wrote:
Over the hill, fading stars who were largely big business. Let's not pretend they were TNA level. ;) Nash, Hogan, Hall, to a lesser extent Hart, all made coin for WCW.


If thats true, why did WCW only post a profit for one single year in their entire history?

WCW was Billionaire Ted Turner's folly. It lost money left and right, but Ted always had the money to shore it up. The actual reason it folded was because when AOL merged with Time-Warner, Ted lost control of his company, and once the new regime took a look at the books and shouted 'HOW MUCH?!' that was it. If Ted had remained in control, WCW would have never died, not unless they managed to bankrupt Turner.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:31 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 2nd Apr, 2008
Posts: 1007
Location: Nottingham
Wrestlemania 30 is apparently being held at Madison Square Gardens. I'm seriously considering starting saving up to go as
1. I want to go back to NY
2. The flight isn't a killer
3. It'll be spectacular as it's an anniversary jobby (I remember WM25 being pretty special)
4. It's my 30th birthday that year
5. It's far enough away to save up for it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:35 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 35224
Damn, I'd sit through a half-naked-fat-guy dance recital if it meant I could go back to NY.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:37 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45131
Location: West Yorkshire
DavPaz wrote:
Damn, I'd sit through a half-naked-fat-guy dance recital if it meant I could go back to NY.


Got skype?

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 15:59 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 66925
Location: Your Mum
Ange wrote:
Wrestlemania 30 is apparently being held at Madison Square Gardens. I'm seriously considering starting saving up to go as
1. I want to go back to NY
2. The flight isn't a killer
3. It'll be spectacular as it's an anniversary jobby (I remember WM25 being pretty special)
4. It's my 30th birthday that year
5. It's far enough away to save up for it

Let me know, we'll hook up for a beer.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 18:31 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 2nd Apr, 2008
Posts: 1007
Location: Nottingham
Grim... wrote:
Ange wrote:
Wrestlemania 30 is apparently being held at Madison Square Gardens. I'm seriously considering starting saving up to go as
1. I want to go back to NY
2. The flight isn't a killer
3. It'll be spectacular as it's an anniversary jobby (I remember WM25 being pretty special)
4. It's my 30th birthday that year
5. It's far enough away to save up for it

Let me know, we'll hook up for a beer.


Are you going to NY for WM? Or have I completely missed something and you're moving to NY?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 18:32 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 66925
Location: Your Mum
Just planning to go to WMXXX.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 23:13 
User avatar
Worst

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 6107
Pundabaya wrote:
throughsilver wrote:
Over the hill, fading stars who were largely big business. Let's not pretend they were TNA level. ;) Nash, Hogan, Hall, to a lesser extent Hart, all made coin for WCW.

If thats true, why did WCW only post a profit for one single year in their entire history?

Because they were paying Nails and The Genius, as well as scores of others, for years after last using them. Because they used to make mini-movies to hype matches. Because they paid for the likes of Leno and Master P to come in for angles. I'm not denying they spunked money like nobody's business, but it'd be silly to deny former WWF stars made money for WCW.

Quote:
WCW was Billionaire Ted Turner's folly. It lost money left and right, but Ted always had the money to shore it up. The actual reason it folded was because when AOL merged with Time-Warner, Ted lost control of his company, and once the new regime took a look at the books and shouted 'HOW MUCH?!' that was it. If Ted had remained in control, WCW would have never died, not unless they managed to bankrupt Turner.

Known.

_________________
>Image<


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:06 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47918
No HHH. I am disappoint.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:33 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26874
Location: Kidbrooke
However, there were some awesome brief returns.

:)

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:39 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15262
Location: Parts unknown
Curiosity wrote:
However, there were some awesome brief returns.

:)


Like who? I didn't see the Rumble but I'm always interested in returns!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:55 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 6183
Booker T, Papa Shango* & Diesel. Sadly twitter & couponbook ruined the surprise for me :(
*Not really, it was just a rumour kicked off by this, the confusion around teh interwebs was amusing though.

_________________
"Wullie's [accent] is so thick he sounds like he's chewing on haggis stuffed with shortbread and heroin" - Dimrill
"TOO MANY FUCKING SWEARS!" - Mary Shitehouse


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 23:34 
User avatar
Worst

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 6107
Diesel's a bit of a disappointing blast from the past. He was atrocious the last time he was in WWE.

That said, anyone I could think of being a good surprise is dead. Which, I suppose, would make it more surprising if they turned up. Nevertheless: Warlord, Haku and Sid still live.

_________________
>Image<


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 23:36 
User avatar
Part physicist, part WARLORD

Joined: 2nd Apr, 2008
Posts: 13421
Location: Chester, UK
Curiosity wrote:
However, there were some awesome brief returns.

:)


ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 23:39 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26874
Location: Kidbrooke
throughsilver wrote:
Diesel's a bit of a disappointing blast from the past. He was atrocious the last time he was in WWE.

That said, anyone I could think of being a good surprise is dead. Which, I suppose, would make it more surprising if they turned up. Nevertheless: Warlord, Haku and Sid still live.


Well, Nash's knees are shot to hell and back, so he can't really wrestle worth a damn, but it was a fun nostalgia pop.

Also, Booker T's return led to much joking about when he and The Rock feuded. Plus he did the SPINAROONIE!

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 23:42 
User avatar
Worst

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 6107
Best Booker T feud was against Austin, when they had the fight in the supermarket.

'When the moon hits yer eye, like a big pizza pie... that's AMORE' *hits Booker with a pizza*

_________________
>Image<


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 23:52 
User avatar
Can you dig it?

Joined: 5th Apr, 2008
Posts: 3518
Curiosity wrote:
Also, Booker T's return led to much joking about when he and The Rock feuded. Plus he did the SPINAROONIE!


:D Excellent. I quite enjoyed it when Booker T first came into WWF and that feud was fun. I might see if I can find a torrent....

_________________
rumours about the high quality of the butter reached Yerevan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 0:29 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26874
Location: Kidbrooke
"Who... In the blue hell... are you?"

:DD

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:03 
User avatar
Slightly Brackish

Joined: 28th Jan, 2011
Posts: 1198
I love the Spinaroonie!! :D

I also love Sid, the "King of the World", for reasons I'm not really sure of.

And since I haven't been in this thread before, a pint of beer to anyone who can guess my favourite wrestler of all time.

_________________
Current games: Luxor 2, Boom Boom Rocket


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:04 
User avatar
Part physicist, part WARLORD

Joined: 2nd Apr, 2008
Posts: 13421
Location: Chester, UK
Alberto wrote:
And since I haven't been in this thread before, a pint of beer to anyone who can guess my favourite wrestler of all time.


Tatanka.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:37 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4761
*guesses* Vader?

WWE should hire Nash back full time as a manager/announcer/GM or something. He barely ever wrestled to his full capacity when he was young and healthy (theres a reason why he's known as Big Lazy) but he's always been golden on the mic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:02 
User avatar
Can you dig it?

Joined: 5th Apr, 2008
Posts: 3518
Alberto wrote:
And since I haven't been in this thread before, a pint of beer to anyone who can guess my favourite wrestler of all time.


Spike Dudley?

Also, my friend apparently 'high fived Matt Morgan and RVD'. I have no other details. I used to quite like RVD's moves ( :hat: )

_________________
rumours about the high quality of the butter reached Yerevan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:01 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 35224
Alberto wrote:
And since I haven't been in this thread before, a pint of beer to anyone who can guess my favourite wrestler of all time.


Giant Haystacks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:17 
User avatar
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Joined: 18th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11671
throughsilver wrote:
Best Booker T feud was against Austin, when they had the fight in the supermarket.

'When the moon hits yer eye, like a big pizza pie... that's AMORE' *hits Booker with a pizza*

That was hilarious, quite vicious though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 18:46 
User avatar
Worst

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 6107
Alberto wrote:
I love the Spinaroonie!! :D

I also love Sid, the "King of the World", for reasons I'm not really sure of.

The master... and the ruler... of the world!

In related news...

And since I haven't been in this thread before, a pint of beer to anyone who can guess my favourite wrestler of all time.[/quote]
Jake Roberts.

Bobbyaro wrote:
throughsilver wrote:
Best Booker T feud was against Austin, when they had the fight in the supermarket.

'When the moon hits yer eye, like a big pizza pie... that's AMORE' *hits Booker with a pizza*

That was hilarious, quite vicious though.

Indeed. Loved it. They had two brawls like that, but i can't remember where the other one was... was it in a church? Like, Book confesses, and SCSA jumps our of the priesty bit?

_________________
>Image<


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 18:57 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 10756
Location: Sunny Stoke
Alberto wrote:
I love the Spinaroonie!! :D

I also love Sid, the "King of the World", for reasons I'm not really sure of.

And since I haven't been in this thread before, a pint of beer to anyone who can guess my favourite wrestler of all time.


Arn Anderson.

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 18:58 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 23rd Jun, 2010
Posts: 2282
*pops back in now I've seen the rumble

Ange wrote:
Can someone please explain to me the point of Randy Orton? Seriously, he's talentless and dull to watch. My vocabulary is more varied than his wrestling repetoire & that's saying something! We're catching up with Raw from Monday night & Dolph Ziggler outclassed him at every turn, yet Orton performs two moves and wins. FFS.


There are two reasons for Orton to exist in the WWE.

Number 3: his stone cold psycho nipple H beating phase, which imo was actually quite good.
Number 2. So legacy can stand around with there tops off reenacting the werewolves from twilight.
Number 1. This moment watch all of it, you will not be disapoint.

_________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/learnin_curve/
Children's BBC 1986: Phillip Schofield sings Ulysses 31!
crazy amazing riot video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wpEGRW7mSU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:20 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 23rd Jun, 2010
Posts: 2282
Oh and also this moment

_________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/learnin_curve/
Children's BBC 1986: Phillip Schofield sings Ulysses 31!
crazy amazing riot video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wpEGRW7mSU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:24 
User avatar
Slightly Brackish

Joined: 28th Jan, 2011
Posts: 1198
So far nobody is correct... although I do have a soft spot for Vader since the very first bit of wrestling I ever saw on telly was Ron Simmons beating him for the WCW title after winning a raffle or something, so Pundabaya can have the dregs of my most recent pint.

_________________
Current games: Luxor 2, Boom Boom Rocket


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:27 
User avatar
Worst

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 6107
Are we even near? What promotion/era?

_________________
>Image<


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:35 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 23rd Jun, 2010
Posts: 2282
Alberto wrote:
I love the Spinaroonie!! :D

I also love Sid, the "King of the World", for reasons I'm not really sure of.

And since I haven't been in this thread before, a pint of beer to anyone who can guess my favourite wrestler of all time.


Mick Foley?

_________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/learnin_curve/
Children's BBC 1986: Phillip Schofield sings Ulysses 31!
crazy amazing riot video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wpEGRW7mSU


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rasslin'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 19:44 
User avatar
Slightly Brackish

Joined: 28th Jan, 2011
Posts: 1198
Multiple promotions, but my main era of watching wrestling was late 90s/early 00s WWF/E so that should narrow it down. Surprised you haven't guessed you though, since I obviously share his three main attributes...

_________________
Current games: Luxor 2, Boom Boom Rocket


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 1264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.